Unfortunately, since January 2017, Stylish has been augmented with bonus spyware that records every single website that I and its 2 million other users visit. Stylish sends our complete browsing activity back to its servers, together with a unique identifier.
This allows it’s new owner, SimilarWeb, to connect all of an individual’s actions into a single profile. And for users like me who have created a Stylish account on userstyles.org, this unique identifier can easily be linked to a login cookie.
This means that not only does SimilarWeb own a copy of our complete browsing histories, they also own enough other data to theoretically tie these histories to email addresses and real-world identities.

source
https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/8vq7cx/stylish_browser_extension_steals_all_your/e1pi7h1/

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you going to UNINSTALL Stylish?

View Results
YES! no one should have access to my browsing history!
NO! I dont care about my personal data , let them have everything!

Yeah I was wondering why FF kept trying to disable Stylish. Anyway, using Stylus now and am using a blue theme that was practically identical to the old one.

5 years ago

As I said before in another thread. Is anyone really surprised? I mean this is practically standard practice.
EDIT : Because apparently people can't read. I never said don't care.

5 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Where did I say I don't care? Clearly it's happened a lot and continues to happen yet no legal repercussions are dealt. So why get all upset over it if you can't do jack anyway? Life is too short.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

US. What exactly can I do about it? Last I checked, it was jack S!

5 years ago

I don't even know what Stylish is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.