When I plug my guitar into my audio jack it works when I listen to the device on Windows, but doesn't come through when I'm in game.
I can't even get past setup.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I don't think so. You could gather their Blue Points for doing reviews etc., but since you can't mix up usual payment methods and Blue Coins, it would take a while.

7 years ago

i am not sure from what region you are buying from and what your price tag is. According to ITAD the cheapest price without using a vpn is british pounds. Try uk.gamersgate.com if you have Dollar or Euro prices.
I think the coupon field on their website is only utilized for some rare promotions.

7 years ago

You don't actually need the cable as game supports microphone input too.

7 years ago

Yes, i can confirm this. I've set it up for a friend and it works flawless. Don't want to brag here but Slash is a noob after watching me play :)

7 years ago

When I plug my guitar into my audio jack it works when I listen to the device on Windows, but doesn't come through when I'm in game.
I can't even get past setup.

7 years ago

It took me a while to get it to work aswell. I remember it involved downloading a patch and changing settings in the .ini. But it's all very vaguely so i can't help you with more info. But im sure if you google " rocksmith 2014 no real tone cable" a bunch of guides will pop up.
Good luck

PS: You do know that you need that real tone cable to play it, atleast according to ubisoft? Or a mic a works aswell.

7 years ago

I'm plugging my guitar into the microphone jack so I'm selecting microphone in the game. Anyway thanks for the help I'll keep trying Google.

7 years ago

Oh but thats not what its for. check this image http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2016/12/acousticmode1_edit.jpg?x49516

It actually requires you to use a mic, not just using the jack input

7 years ago

Yeah, but it is a mic as far as the computer is concerned. It shows up as a mic and records sound same as a mic. It's using the same jack as a mic and I can hear it on my pc just not the game.

7 years ago

We used a acoustic guitar and tested it with a headset mic. It worked, but sound quality was bad. Then we used a decent usb mic and that worked perfectly. Not sure how it works for an electrical guitar though. But i assume it would require either the real tone cable or cracking the game so you can use any other cable.

7 years ago*

Bump for HELP!

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by Dannzo.