Went from 100k to 31k achievements on my steam profile, did they remove the count from them "rubbish" games?
Also about 20-25 perfect games are removed and average games played count also lowered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/lwsqqy/valve_has_mass_banned_dozens_of_achievement_games/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/lwobyw/new_steam_update_march_2_2021_no_longer_counts/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/3113648183774978426/

Quoted from Reddit: JonP_valve Valve Employee x hours ago
"I think what you're seeing here is a visibility fix for games that were already banned. These were erroneously not removed from some profile-visible features when banned. That bug was fixed with a server update yesterday.
Note this only applies to games that were banned - games that are retired at the request of a publisher or developer are unaffected."

If your profile seems unchanged make sure to have atleast 1 new achievement after the update date.
You can't also show those removed achievements in your showcase anymore.

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I could be wrong but it seems mine didn't budge at all (at least not yet?), the perfect game count is the same, not sure about the achievement amount honestly, looks the same, and I know for a fact I have some spam in there.
Personally I welcome this change, I regret having launched those achievement spam games.

3 years ago

unchanged until you earn your first achievement after the update.

3 years ago

Oh!
Took the liberty of doing a before and after:

Before: https://imgur.com/8xW5aCm
After: https://imgur.com/bINSIQQ

Way better imo.

3 years ago

Not only they removed the achievements shown on your stats from the games removed from store, but you can't see them anymore (redirect to your profile) and you can't use them in your showcase anymore! I used some of them on my profile because they had letters and they just got removed and can't use them anymore. What a stupid change, at least let me showcase them.

3 years ago

If you want some letters for showcase you can try this game, it's the one I've had on my showcase for years.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/266010/LYNE/

3 years ago

They're not as cool as the one I had, but thanks! I wishlisted it and I will take it in the next sales.

3 years ago

I didn't lose a single stat on my Achievements Showcase

3 years ago

Apparently you need to have atleast 1 new achievement since march 2, else your lucky then.

3 years ago

Last achievement I earned was about 19 hours ago, will see after I get one today.

Edit: just got an achievement and stats are normal, nothing missing

3 years ago*

that explains a lot, thanks for the heads up.

3 years ago

It was about time.... Hopefully they get removed completely from the stats tracking. And maybe we'll see some improvements to the general stats tracking (eg. separate tracking for base game, DLCs, etc.)

3 years ago*

IMO, at last they did something right. Hopefully, achievements will have some meaning again. Nice spring cleaning on their part :)

3 years ago

I'm curious what will be next. Hide already crafted badges from removed games thus decreasing steam levels?

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Lost 30k+ achievements and about 9 games
That would've been confusing if I didn't see this 1st

3 years ago

Better late than never, I hope this sent a message to these "developers" and their customers... and finally we recover the old steam store,
BTW the old removed games like Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition are yet in the achievement count, that is a good thing too.

3 years ago

I'm kinda happy with the change. Lost about half of my achievements, but as my attitude has changed I do not want them anymore.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Good thing I never cared about achievements.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

3 years ago

The amount of games with achievements that is displayed when you hover over the achievements "X achievements in X different games" didn't change for me. Anyone else?

3 years ago

Shows 31307 (instead of 100k) achievements in 963 games, i am guessing that can't be right either.

3 years ago

Why can't they just remove all parameters if they remove one, lol.

3 years ago

It changed, i had X achievement in Y games and after earning one achievement it changed to X-Z in Y-Z(and a few more) games.

3 years ago

I was surprised they still count those trashy achievements. After all many devs made games just to have "nice looking letters for the profile" or "drop steam cards". No reason to keep this on the store or on the profiles, as it only encourages people to follow. They removed ability to drop cards from new games ages ago, and now they get rid of achievements.

Don't think it has anything to do with "giving a pat to the achievement hunter community". They don't care about it, same as NVidia don't care about gamers by releasing "miners edition GPUs". Just business decision. Valve should simply moderate what ends in their shop, but that would be too hard. Better to ban most outrageous games months or years after they were released.

3 years ago

To those who don't see difference - get an achievement, the list will refresh

I'm pretty happy they finally did this. 2000 achievements disappeared from 7 games for me. And thats awesome. Got those games for free about the time when I started growing my library and of course got the achievements as well. Only after realized they are worthless and I don;t want them on my profile.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

There's been an ongoing issue for months now where restricted games sometimes do count towards your stats then disappear again. It's far more likely this is what you're experiencing. I'm still 600K achievements and 200 perfect games down, if some of these games were getting stats re-enabled I would almost certainly have seen a change given how many of them I have.

3 years ago

Two years ago, i "cleaned" my steam. I think i removed +250 games from my library, one by one. It was hard, i wasted whole morning for it but guess i did a good job since nothing seems changed in my profile.

3 years ago

If I remember correctly the achievements of the removed games didn't change. At least the completion percentage didn't change, unsure about the other stats.

3 years ago

At least the completion percentage didn't change, unsure about the other stats.

Stats do change, my AGC dropped by 5%, it's just that your showcases/stats don't update until you earn another achievement.

3 years ago

By that I meant if you permanently remove a game from your library, the ACR didn't budge.

3 years ago

Was kind of annoying going to my profile to see one of my showcases all messed up, and now having to use achievement pictures from a hentai game just to fix it. ^_^

3 years ago

This is good. I think demand for achievement spam games dropped a lot after the change to make profile feature limited games, but with this it also makes it fair, in that people who had tens of thousands of achievements from games that can no longer be bought won't have such a boost. Personally, I lost nothing with this update. (And yes, I've earned achievements since the update.) I think it was more luck than anything else as I've played some pretty trashy games, but I always avoided the ones that were selling achievements.
But who are we kidding, achievements are still basically worthless to anyone other than yourself and even then only as a measure of how 'complete' a game is before you move on from it.

3 years ago

Well for me a game initially is really complete as long as i see credits rolling, and as it should be.
But i do got that achievement OCD too and sometimes replay a game (Heck 1 Ys game requires 6-7 plays) just to get all the achievements, just to see that perfect game thing.

3 years ago

Yeah I do wish more developers would implement achievements better. It should be that if you get to the end of playing the game on the hardest mode you've got most of the achievements and the last few can be for some funny little things or secrets, or maybe something that took real skill and practice. Games which force you to do the same things over and over for the sake of grinding out an achievement leave a bad final impression, even if the actual game was good.

3 years ago

Yeah exactly, a bunch of devs who created them seems like they had a bad day at the office, and annoy people on purpose, or games like VVVVVV and an achievement for not dying once (for many impossible).

3 years ago

Any game that has 100 or more Achievements is not counted now since many games with 100 or more achievements are achievements farming trash and not games.

3 years ago*

tell that about binding of isaac if it's not a gme

3 years ago

There are some games that are great and have 100 or more achievements and this update made developers of this games change the achievements to be less than 100 so 99 just like the number of achievements for Binding of Isaac that you pointed out.

3 years ago

And Path of Exile...
And Dirt Rally...
And Rise of the Tomb Raider...
And Grim Dawn...
And Hitman 2...
And Northgard...
And Book of Demons...
And Crusader Kings II...
And Darkest Dungeon...
And Frostpunk...
And, and, and...

Every game that I own which has more than 100 achievements still contributes to my total. The fact that achievement spam games have finally been addressed hasn't had any repercussions on legitimate AA / AAA games with 100+ achievements .

3 years ago

100 is not that many achievements though.... I mean, Team Fortress 2 has over 500.

3 years ago

Yeah and now games that had 100 are changing their achievements on Steam to have only 99 achievements so they will still count towards 100% games.

3 years ago

Whut? So many real games that do have more then 100, heck even Valve's own TF2... Talk about the kettle is black.

3 years ago

Well it is just what Steam just did. Maybe they decided on 100 achievements just on the spot or maybe they had some data like let say 99% of games that have 100 and more achievements give all the achievements in 1st hour of gameplay or something like that. I myself saw some games that were giving 5000 achievements in under 15 minutes.

It is still a mystery why they did it but they did.

3 years ago

And this is also since that march 2 update or they just added that in the last few hours?

3 years ago

Since March 2. Developers are already editing the number of achievements in their games like mentioned above Binding of Isaac that went from 100+ achievements down to 99.

3 years ago

Csgo has 167 cheevos... by their logic it should be a removed game then.

they dont even care to remove the no longer obaniable cheevos for removed maps! #their_games_are_special_exception_lol

3 years ago

I got a sneaky sneaky suspicion that Valve removed from the count only the games that were not made by them :)

3 years ago

like i said :)
in #their_games_are_special_exception_lol

3 years ago

Maybe they are getting ready to releasing Half-Life 3 with 5000 achievements and they don't want any competition :P?

3 years ago

Thanks, but how devs would decide what to remove? I mean there can be a 100 hard to get achievements done by people.

3 years ago

I really don't know as I'm not a dev but look at Binding of Isaac - They made it that 99 achievements are connected to the base game only and the other 24 achievements are connected to the DLC only and thanks to that I think anyone that did 100% Binding of Isaac still has a total of 123 achievements but instead of having 123 under one game name they have 99 under the main game and 24 under DLC. So now you can 100% a game and also 100% an DLC to the game?

I don't even know how will that work now and it is hard to get any info. Maybe Valve will do some big announcement?

3 years ago

It's very weird they didn't make one in the first place on march 2, leaving many with questions.

3 years ago

Ok maybe I'm wrong.

But I did read something about a mix of 100 achievements and the steam metrics about the game and reviews and Steam is learning about the game type of thing somewhere. It looked like a mix of a few statics that let the game be counted or not I guess?

3 years ago

Very hard to keep clear what's real and not anymore (again why won't Valve just make some proper statement?).
Even more confusing when you see people with still certain removed games still have achievements, heck even a resident evil demo.

3 years ago

Yeah like a single statement - we did this and that because of this and that.

It would be just an hour or two work for someone in PR to make it look good but at least people would know what is happening instead of guessing.

3 years ago

binding of issac (rebirth afterbirth) have 403 achievemnts and it's currently what i see in my library and base game had more than 100 chivos and ZUP got largely more than 1000 chivvos and are currently fine got a lot of dem)

3 years ago

Well maybe Valve has some algorithm what games do count and what do not but right now when you look at Binding of Issac you have

Base game - 99: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/BindingOfIsaac/achievements

DLC for base game - 34: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/113204/achievements

3 years ago

What are you even talking about? The game's always had 99 achievements. 52 in the base game, 32 in Wrath of the Lamb, and 15 more from the Eternal Edition update (part of Wrath of the Lamb.)

3 years ago

Ok thank you for the info.

3 years ago

I think it's not as how you suggest. Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan has 159 achievements and still counts towards my completionist level.

Edit: Another game - Reus has 123 achievements, no change. ;)

3 years ago*

Well now I'm even more confused. Shame that Valve does not tell us a thing about such changes they made.

3 years ago

I got an update on my achievements and that sh***y 5000 achievements still counts. Like City builder and those Trivia games.

3 years ago

Source? None of what you said in this thread seems to be true. Are you just making shit up or someone's feeding you with it?

3 years ago

It is a good chance it was false. I was reading it somewhere in the internet but I guess it was just made up by some people to try explain why they lost achievements. It was all connected to the old info:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/16/17470798/steam-fake-games-achievement-hunters

https://kotaku.com/valve-adds-limits-to-steam-achievements-to-fight-rise-o-1826873740

3 years ago

not every removed/banned game is supposed to be a crappy cheevo spam game.
Some just had problems with licensing and stuff. (pay money to volvo, support indie devs, get their game removed..profit for volvo )
I enjoyed many indie games (which even had like 10 cheevos) but they got also removed from my account's perfect games counter.
Lost 250 games and like 700k cheevos :P (sad - yes, but dont care about the shitty 5k cheevo ones - i made a screenshot anyway)

3 years ago*

Steam should stop rather accept any random trash games on their store. There is thousands of same copypasted games (from RPG makers etc).. question is WHY?

3 years ago

totally agree

3 years ago

RPG Makers are not the worst. There are some good or ok RPG maker games.

I saw many many games that are just assets flips created in a day or two. Some of them even costs 40-50$!

3 years ago

Why ?
Because Steam get $100 for each game that get accepted + of course the sales cut with 30% of the price.

And not to forget, checking games would bind workers and they must pay them...

3 years ago

didnt notice that. but i dont remember how many archivements did i have.
but, finish games if i dont remember badly were 102 and now it shows 98

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.