Went from 100k to 31k achievements on my steam profile, did they remove the count from them "rubbish" games?
Also about 20-25 perfect games are removed and average games played count also lowered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/lwsqqy/valve_has_mass_banned_dozens_of_achievement_games/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/lwobyw/new_steam_update_march_2_2021_no_longer_counts/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/3113648183774978426/

Quoted from Reddit: JonP_valve Valve Employee x hours ago
"I think what you're seeing here is a visibility fix for games that were already banned. These were erroneously not removed from some profile-visible features when banned. That bug was fixed with a server update yesterday.
Note this only applies to games that were banned - games that are retired at the request of a publisher or developer are unaffected."

If your profile seems unchanged make sure to have atleast 1 new achievement after the update date.
You can't also show those removed achievements in your showcase anymore.

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I wonder how Meadow is going to be affected. The game has 134 achievements, and the developers have been continuously adding them for years. The latest one was less than a week ago. It seems like a big waste on their part to add rotating statues to the games tied to achievements just to have to get rid of them :/

3 years ago

To get that to work I had to enable an Achievement showcase on my profile and then get an achievement. I think it won't update without a showcase.

3 years ago

I lost only 2 achievements and 1 game (looks like it was Color Syndrome) although I think there is more since the count keep changing the past few days, but the Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo still counts on my perfect games, even though it was removed from the store

3 years ago*

I want them to remove the Trivia Vault games and achievements, but unfortunately they are still there... :-(...

3 years ago

And they give mostly full cv at sg....

My ticket from over one year ago got "half handled" but that staff member weren't capable to set a timestamp so he pushed it away and after 5 months of questioning why nothing happen -and lazy answers like "i haven't found the exact date.. will look for it" (of course more then one time)- i gave up.

Thousands of cv for free (it gave a source for around 150k keys of that games)

3 years ago*

It would seem the update was undone and the spam achievements are back...

3 years ago

I am still on my count since that update (and i did gain a new achievement).

3 years ago

Well, on my end it's acting up, after earning another achievement the count dropped once again.
But it's weird that it doesn't stay still, I don't feel like having to earn an achievement everyday to keep the count low, clearly something isn't right, oh well.

3 years ago

Quoted from Reddit: JonP_valve Valve Employee x hours ago
"I think what you're seeing here is a visibility fix for games that were already banned. These were erroneously not removed from some profile-visible features when banned. That bug was fixed with a server update yesterday.
Note this only applies to games that were banned - games that are retired at the request of a publisher or developer are unaffected."

That doesn't sound at all like the Steam Support I know..
What's even with that on-topic, responsive, detailed, and professional response?
Where's the monkey noises and the flung poop and the bizarre, chatbot-like responses? :/

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Ok, I finished a new game and achievements for spam games are back. What the hell..
I don't care if they count or nopt but I wish they stop change.

3 years ago

I went from 242,047 achievements to 20,403
98 perfect games to 52
:'c

3 years ago

Hey I know this thread is old but my achievements decreased and I don't know why from 1955 to 1737 and perfect games went from 32 to 29.
The games that were removed are: Zombie Driver HD,Shadow Warrior Classic and The Darkness 2.The thing is that,I don't understand why,the games are in my library/available for purchase.Does anyone have an idea ?

1 year ago

If you read the whole thread, you would notice the numbers fluctuate a lot - both with legit games and the crap games too. Don’t worry about it.

1 year ago

I haven't really taken notice much of it lately, but i think the amount of perfect games and total amount of achievements also dropped for me.
Currently i think the crap games have eventually all been taken out now (atleast i didn't gather achievements in those for months) so it seems legit ones have for now dropped (could be just temporary) we have to wait and see.

1 year ago

I am a bit autistically hunting numbers on steam profile so I made a screenshot for 5.555 achievements 2 days prior new year, and today I noticed its 5.219, this is first time I noticed something like this, I have screenshots of my profile for last 10 years, and number was smoothly growing

1 year ago

Someone with actual proof, let us know if it drops more or goes back.

1 year ago

Earning a new achievement brought it back to normal, last I remember I was around 5560 playing Witcher 3, so 5563 seems right

Forgot to mention, I never had, nor collected "1 dollar trash games" on my account

1 year ago*

Good to know thanks.

1 year ago

Link to 7 screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/YTHMjC8

1 year ago

sorry for little encro, but nothing change for me even i got some removed games

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

It was already revived anyway.

Maybe writing steam support, they can shed some light into it?

My replay says i gotten 12731 achievements, seems a bit much.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.