Because I really want to play Dark Souls, Batmans Arkhams, SMB and let my son play Toki Tori 2+.

Or do I buy a $10-ish dollar controller?

Thanks in advance.

Edit1: Thanks a lot for all of the comments. I bought a wired X360 controller. The experience playin' Dark Souls and Batman Arkham City was awesome! Which games would you recommend to acquire having this awesome controller including DS and Batman?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

After about 4 10-ish controllers, i bought the xbox 360 one and it is really worth it. I have the wired one, really happy.

1 decade ago

Get wired Xbox 360, it is worth the price. Way better than any other cheaper/more expensive ones. I've tried quite a lot of them. Easy plug and play, no need to install/config anything. The cable is long enough.

1 decade ago

I bought a PS3 one and use it on the PC with DS3 Tool. It's cheaper, I like its shape more and you can use it with any usb dongle unlike the x360 controller that only works with the Microsoft dongle.

1 decade ago

Check out the logitech f310, it has the playstation controller layout but has xinput (xbox360 input style, the keys are labeled like xbox buttons (X, Y, A, B instead of square, triangle, etc.). also supports direct input.. i've never had to fiddle with DS3 tool or any type of tool so far, which alone makes it worth it imo :p

1 decade ago

buy a gamepad, and download xbox cemu (emulator)

1 decade ago

totally^^

1 decade ago

i bought 2 low priced controllers, they were so shitty... after that i bought an xbox controller and i´m totally happy with it :)

1 decade ago

Buy a wired 360 controller. It's definitely worth it's price, I've been using mine for over a year and it's the best controller I've ever used :P ... + it's compatible with every game, unlike the cheap controllers

1 decade ago

this is more of a general statement to everyone rather than just to the OP, but if anyone is looking for a PC compatible controller with both xinput and direct input with a playstation layout (keys are labeled like an xbox controller though) then check out logitech's f310 :hee:

1 decade ago

if you want to play dark souls. get an xbox controller ASAP, it's way better than a ps one (coming from someone who always used to have a playstation before) they feel more comfortable and most games instantly recognise it. there's a lot of games that won't recognise a cheap controller

1 decade ago

I have been using Logitech F310 for about 2 years and it's still working fine. I recommend it.

1 decade ago

This. BUT: my wife ruined 2 of them by tightly winding the cord around the controller to store them. It shorts out the cord where it enters the controller casing. Avoid bending it there and it's a great controller that I bought all over again.

1 decade ago

I use it both on my computer and the console itself, and once you get used to it (i haven't used a gamepad in quite a while) you really take advantage of it, specially in games such as dark souls. Also, considering how easy it is to set it up and how pretty much any game recognizes it at a glance, and that wireless works like a charm, i'd say it's worth it.

Only gripe i have with it is how the sticks are positioned, preventing you from using the buttons at the same time, or the d-pad (maybe i'm too used to the keyboard though), that, and the d-pad itself which to me, does not feel very precise.

Currently using it with PCSX2 (playstation 2 emulator, more specifically, Persona 3), and i didn't even have to configure it.

1 decade ago

yes

1 decade ago

Totally.

1 decade ago

I have a wired Logitech RumblePad 2. It was not too expensive, and it works with most games (often I have to emulate an xbox controller though). Played through both Arkhams with it and it worked fine.

My brother got a wired xbox controller for Christmas. It's fantastic! Very sturdy. Smooth controls. Works out-of-the-box for pretty much every game with controller support. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

You can get away with getting something else, but it will take TIME to set it up for almost every game. How much is your TIME worth?

1 decade ago

I'd say the Wired Xbox 360 controller is worth it (got mine on Amazon for 20£).
Works really well off the bat with every game I've tried it on. It's made my PC gaming life way more comfortable.

1 decade ago

Id say its worth it, although i never bought one specifically for the PC. I have 4 controllers for the xbox and just bought an wireless pc adapter, so i can use my controllers. Must say, some games are better on controller. Especially racers.

1 decade ago

You should totally buy the Xbox controller. Regardless if you buy a wired or wireless it's a better controller. Just get a wired one, it's like 20-30 dollars and in the long run it'll pay off, you don't have to bother with controller padding programs and the like. And if you can't be arsed with the wire you could get the wireless for a few dollars extra (I think?).

so yeah, tl;dr, get the xbox controller.

1 decade ago

I love my 360 controller. Definitely worth buying over some offbrand knockoff or generic controller.

1 decade ago

Getting the wired microsoft controller for pc, not sure if there's one out that's compatible with the new console, but the one for the 360 works great & wired means no batteries plus works great on the pc with steam.

1 decade ago

get a wireless xbox controller. buy a 4 pack of rechargeable batteries, if you dont already have 4 AA batteries. this way you can switch out the batteries when they need recharging. honestly, the charge lasts for a very long time when using the controller. be sure you get the xbox controller that is made for PC & comes automatically with the receiver. other controller products have problems with lag or need an emulator to use them, & using an emulator to help make those controllers work, doesnt always pan out. i have had no issues with mine, it works great. they are well worth the money.

id personally love it if Sony would announce drivers for their PS4 controllers to work on PC. i enjoy that controller more than MS controller. they still have not done this, even though they announced that their controller can work on PC.

i also look forward to Steam's new controller. i hope the end result is fantastic.

1 decade ago

You can buy a normal pad and use x360ce (xbox 360 controller emulator), cheaper but a bit annoying or just buy the 360 one, plug and play.

1 decade ago

I used two different types of logitech, and after getting a generic corded xbox360 controller, I'll never go back. I've noticed almost every game I plug into now, no longer has me playing around with the config and syncs right to where you would expect them to be. I once played a fighting game on my dual shock that auto-configured block to be the start button lol.

1 decade ago

The Xbox 360 controller is the best controller to use on the PC. I have not found anything else that can even come close in comparison. There are a lot of games out there that just need a controller too.

I can't wait to be able to use my Xbox One controller with my pc...

1 decade ago

A wired 360 controller is awesome. A money well spent for gamers.

1 decade ago

The first controller for PC that I bought was the official wired Xbox360 one, and it works exactly as intended. I bought it at least 4 years back, and there are no signs of wear/degradation. The sticks and buttons are all responsive (though the d-pad can be a little picky, depending on the game and whether it's well-optimised), but I've had no problems with it at all. There are some games that just feel better with a controller, and while I also grumbled a little before buying it due to the pricetag (I hate spending!), it was worth it.

If you're a frequent gamer, or you play a wide range of games, I'd definitely consider picking one up. The wired xbox360 controller I got has been solid since day one. At risk of sounding like a dumb advertisement, I'd be careful about buying a budget controller, if only for the risk of ending up with something that doesn't last too long, or that has quirky stick handling.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Falakienos.