https://store.steampowered.com/app/446810/Blossom_Tales_The_Sleeping_King/ ($3.74)

I'm not sure if you guys are up for those kinds of games, but it reached historical low today.
Deal ends in 29 July.

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How is the deal?

View Results
Good
Bad
Idk

Nice Zelda clone

2 years ago

as a fan of zelda clones, this one certainly caught my eye quickly :)

2 years ago

I'm with you. It's a cute game and buying for the price of big latte is a very good deal.

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

There's a lot wrong with Valve's regional pricing although one city isn't representative for the whole country. Nice infographic though

2 years ago

you guys can afford coffee?

View attached image.
2 years ago

I've been playing this one on Switch for a bit, gave me some Fairune vibes. Can't outright recommend since I didn't get very far yet, but it's a cute little RPG in its own right.

2 years ago

i haven't played fairune yet, is it good? it has been sitting in my wishlist for a while.

2 years ago

I played Fairune on 3DS some years ago and I'm still in love

2 years ago

Thanks! I'll keep it in my wishlist then. I'm still not buying it because of my backlog, hahah.

2 years ago

I suppose it's hard to foretell what 'good' means to any one person, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I initially owned it on my 3DS and breezed through it, and I repurchased it for Switch as a double-pack (Fairune and Fairune 2). Both times I got it while it was on sale, so if you see that I would definitely recommend it. Fairune does feel like a labour of love so I reckon it is also worth the full price but your mileage may vary.

It's a small and relatively short game (I think there's an achievement for speedrunning it and killing the final boss in under one hour) with a pretty straighforward level/battle system in place (the higher your level the less damage you get, but you also stop getting XP from lower level enemies; there's basically one designated/recommended enemy per level if you wanna earn XP, and you can look it up in your monsterbook. Can also be a great indicator of which area to explore next if you're kinda lost). The puzzles, be they enviromental path blocks or your typical dungeon hindrance, are also not too far-fetched to solve (so no Ace Attorney style logic, haha).

It can be challenging if you deliberately go to places you're too low level, because the way the fighting works is you and the enemy both bump into each other and both take damage (unless you're too high level and plow through them but as mentioned lower level monsters don't gain you any XP) until one of you dies. Since there are some paths where you can't avoid enemies, making sure to level up occasionally is a must.

I think the graphics and music are dainty and adorable, and it really is fun to play, especially if you currently don't have the time to invest into a heavily storydriven RPG but still wanna do something more brain-busting than just play a Beat'em-Up. Think of it as a bite-sized cute little adventure. There are some secret rooms or rare enemy variants that only spawn in certain places, and you're free to try and find those on your own or look them up.

2 years ago

Wow, such a detailed answer! Thank you 🎈

I added it to the wishlist too! 😊

2 years ago

Haha I'm glad that this was helpful to you! Maybe I should bother to write a review but it always feels weird posting for a PC game that you own on another platform.

2 years ago

Thanks for the detailed opinion! I didnt notice that you need to level up in the game. It might change my opinion about it a bit. The puzzles seem to be up to my liking though.

2 years ago

Well I kept you waiting so long, I wanted to be thorough, haha. It should be noted that there almost no NPCs in that game, and there's no Fetch Quests per se, both of which are RPG staples and all. And no massive collect-a-thons. When you collect an item it tends to have specific use(s), rather than needing to gather 20 of something for an upgrade or whichever.

When I started playing Blossom Tales I noted that akin to Zelda or DQ, there were immediately a bunch of people to talk to, so I am carefully assuming it will be a tad lengthier. Also items that are stackable which may be spread across the entire in-game world. So I reckon it is a bit more detailed than Fairune, haha.

2 years ago

i don't mind having fetch quests and npcs actually, as long as it's not something like gather xx number of items like you said, hahah. yeah, it seems that fairune is simpler than blossom tales. i can't wait to try out both and see how it turns out :)

2 years ago

I would consider it too expensive even if it would be free.

2 years ago

care to explain why? :o

2 years ago

Because im totally not interested in this game, and i probably will never play with it. :)

2 years ago

fair point :)

2 years ago

Looks like something I might enjoy. Not sure if I am going to pick it up just yet since my backlog is rather terrifying as it is, though. Wishlisted for now.

2 years ago

I can feel you. I have been avoiding to pick up this one because of my backlog either.

2 years ago

I bought it during Summer Sale for 5,99€ (60% off). It's a nice game! 😀

2 years ago

That's good to know!

2 years ago

Been on my wishlist for some time now.
If it has any aspect of being replayable then I might grab it up.

2 years ago

I'm not sure about it being replayable. I'm not going to play it anytime soon but i can let you know if it is when i finished it later if you are interested.

2 years ago

It is a great game. 👍 Plays like a dream. One of few I've bought at full price.

2 years ago

Whoa, and here i am waiting for so long before picking it up... hahah.

2 years ago

Oh just noticed the OST was free. So thnx for the thread :)

2 years ago

you're welcome! :)

2 years ago

Free soundtrack. https://store.steampowered.com/app/601190/Blossom_Tales_The_Sleeping_King_Soundtrack/

I bought it in 2020 at 7,49 euro it seems. :x Not tried it yet.

Heck, seems i did try it and 100% achievements, and even have given a positive review, my memory...Or i am sleepgaming.

2 years ago*

So either your memory is bad or the game is forgettable after you finish it lol

2 years ago

Or both. :p No most likely my memory. :p But with 9500+ games you lose track maybe.

2 years ago

I believe it is the latter one ;)
Dont worry, i also have bad memories for games that i have played hahah. Thanks for letting us know about the free soundtrack too! I might pick it up if i like them later.

2 years ago

I'll probably grab it since it's a historical low, came out in 2017 and still hasn't been bundled. Seems decent for a Zelda clone

2 years ago

Yeah, it really looks like those old zelda games. It's hard to find zelda clones that are really similar to them - most games that i found usually just take an inspiration for one or two features (or i am just that bad at finding them)

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by aquatorrent.