This thread is created so you can ask other community users the source of those giveaways.
Last page - https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/EhJvw/where-are-those-giveaways-coming-from/search?page=last

Make sure to check the forums first and still haven’t got the answer before asking tho.
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussions/deals
https://isthereanydeal.com/
https://barter.vg

If you don't mind installing script to browser then orono recommends this script that can be found here: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/xsqEj/

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Useful?

View Results
Ye
Another spammy thread..

Super Owlboy -> givee, 3000 keys raffle, ended.

1 year ago

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two? Only from 2 people but a lot of copies

1 year ago

1 year ago

Got it. Wasn't sure if there was anything else.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Clouzy ?

1 year ago

The current one states "Misc. key from Fanatical". It also costs less than half of Fanatical's price in grey market stores.

1 year ago

Thank you

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 week ago.

1 year ago

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut?

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

I guess they're giving keys, no?

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago*

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is 70% off and grants a gift of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. If you don't add it to your library you can give it away.

1 year ago

Thank you

1 year ago

awesomenauts dlc?

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago*

According to SteamDB, the DLC is N/A for us in Australia but other countries still have a price listed, not sure what we did to the devs to deserve that :P

1 year ago

Maybe a oi too much ^^ :D

That joke needed to be done

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago*

DOOM Eternal?

1 year ago

Our world is ended?

1 year ago

thanks!! <3

1 year ago

Portal War?

1 year ago

already ended giveaway on givee

1 year ago

Tyranny - Portrait Pack?

1 year ago

One of the two public recent giveaway creators mentioned that it was an old key, so probably from this bundle: https://barter.vg/bundle/1771/
The other and the regional are probably coincidence and from same source, since reduced value.

1 year ago

Climber: Sky is the Limit (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1231840/Climber_Sky_is_the_Limit/) ?
Not seeing anything on isthereanydeal, but seen a couple giveaways for it recently.

1 year ago

It was available on Lenovo's forum (had to write something 200 characters long and the admin gave you a key).

1 year ago

Black Skylands? Seen a few pop up

1 year ago

Dunno except it's cheap at 1,28 euro at reseller stores, 2 giveaways are from the same gifter.

For the rest it's like 1 per month, i got mine in 2021, so must have been bundled then (not a game i would buy).

1 year ago

Hasn't been bundled according to gg.deals and ITAD and official price hasn't been under $7-9. There has to be a reason why it's so cheap on the grey market although the grey market price has been quite low from the beginning and has been on a constant decline since then and there have been no big leaps.

1 year ago*

This is definitely not a game i would get from the steam store (even on sale), so that leaves a reseller site or bundle.

Reseller sites are always an odd bunch, sometimes it's from kickstarter, i got Hero-U for 3,50 back then when it came out.
But f.e the new Spider-Man how can those sony keys be half off on reseller sites? Doubtful from Sony themselves.

1 year ago

It was in the past 100% sure in a bundle, from Fanatical or HumbleBundle, but i can't remember in which one.

1 year ago

So you think both ITAD and gg.deals missed that? Sounds pretty unlikely to me, especially since it's not even 2 years old. Google doesn't find anything either except for a weak BYOB on GOG and the regular Steam bundles it is in.

Edit: and the only Google hits on Steamgifts that aren't giveaways or random comments, refer to Skyland: Heart of the Mountain, so even everyone here must have missed it:

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/wO8Ny/fanatical-fantasy-mystery-bundle
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/vwPjv/indiegala-artifex-mundi-bundle-14

1 year ago*

I don't think, i know i seen it (the game "avatar") somewhere in a bundle.
Don't question me when exactly or where but i am 100% sure.
Pick & Mix are bundles too (only if that is/was unclear for you or not same detected on ggdeals -i don't have much experience with ggdeals-).

I don't care if sites list it or not, they aren't perfect and i found in the past dozens of not listed bundled games.

I can't link to something, so feel free to trust the sites and not believe me :o)

1 year ago

Or mystery then it's even harder to track back and maybe ITAD and gg.deal don't measure those in.

1 year ago

Hm, possible... but i normaly don't look (close) into mystery threads, so the chance are low that i seen it there.

1 year ago

i know i seen it (the game "avatar") somewhere in a bundle

Mystery bundles usually don't feature game art.

Also for the contents of mystery bundles, Steamgifts and barter.vg usually are good sources. Both don't show any bundle threads, mystery or not:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asteamgifts.com+skylands
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abarter.vg+skylands

And barter.vg also lists it with "0 Bundle Count":
https://barter.vg/i/102042/

1 year ago*

Fanaticals Pick&Mix bundles usually are on gg.deals as well. The BYOB Humble sometimes does directly in their store mostly for a single publisher usually are on gg.deals as well.

If it exists, it's google-able. The game is not even 2 years old. There's no way that there's no records of a Steam games bundle that recent. Without any kind of evidence it's just common sense to believe that it didn't happen over a single person's memory until proven otherwise. But let me know if you find something.

1 year ago

Hmm what about some alienware givewaway, or some other?

1 year ago

That is at least more likely to maybe not have been listed on any of the usual sites if it has been short / a low amount of keys. But that would contradict Masafor's memory of "(the game "avatar") somewhere in a bundle" and "It was in the past 100% sure in a bundle, from Fanatical or HumbleBundle".

An early giveaway would also explain why it started so low (~4€) on grey market sites so shortly after its release. Although an early giveaway with a low amount of keys probably wouldn't explain why the grey market price has more or less been on a constant decline since then.

1 year ago*

Ok, maybe it was a freebie.

I see daily so many freebies and bundle deals, that this is possible.

1 year ago

But as i noted before i don't see the/any explanation of a half off on spider-man either, as i said resellers can be weird, unless you know an explanation for that.

I just checked alienware scrolled all the way down, wasn't on there, seems like a mystery.

1 year ago

Which Spider-Man game are we talking about and when?

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered has been lowest at 29,92€ from an official reseller (eTail.Market) in November and lowest at 26,16€ from a grey market keyshop also in November shortly after that.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales has been lowest at 28,10€ from an official reseller (Allyouplay) from December until 2 days ago and lowest at 22,88€ from a grey market keyshop 4 days ago.

While we can't know where the grey market keys come from (could be from a cheaper region, could also be credit card fraud), the price difference to the official resellers, who get their keys directly from the publishers, isn't that big.

1 year ago*

Either, doesn't matter almost same in price, but Sony would say to those official ones well yeah sure fine here you go you can sell our game for half the price that we do on steam? :?

And sure, maybe after a year or so prices drop, but this was already low right after it's launch, and it isn't the only game, crisis core is also 15 euro cheaper, and we know Square Enix to be stingy with their prices.
And not everything comes from fraudulent credit cards, because i bought my fair share and nothing been revoked, at most a dupe key but depending on the seller they can be (or not) easy about refunds, there is something fishy about it.

1 year ago*

but Sony would say to those official ones well yeah sure fine here you go you can sell our game for half the price that we do on steam?

That's how official resellers work. They make deals with the publishers. Epic Games sold Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered for 33,74€ and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales for 28,12€ in December.

crisis core is also 15 euro cheaper

Crisis Core currently costs 40,99€ at official reseller Greenmangaming with the 18%-off code JAN18. The lowest grey market price was 34,51€. And Crisis Core has no known region locks:

https://steamdb.info/app/1608070/subs/

and is being sold everywhere but in Russia:

https://steamdb.info/sub/768371/

Just look at the converted prices. If you can buy a key for the equivalent of ~20-30€ and sell it for 35€, that's still profit. And they have to sell a bit cheaper than the official stores / resellers, since otherwise people would just go and buy there.

1 year ago*

Deleted

1 year ago

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Director's Cut)?

1 year ago

1 year ago

Thank you.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Around 90% off in keyshops. Been that way for a while.

1 year ago

Black Skylands doesn't appear as bundled in barter.vg . Does that mean those giveaways were just some people who decided to buy it on Steam for giveaways?

Thanks in advance.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Pink Explorer - gleam 5000 keys (vLoot)

1 year ago

What's vloot?

Googling won't work because we got a dutch word for vloot (fleat).

1 year ago

website - vLoot_dot_io

1 year ago

Thank you.

1 year ago

A trash "network", they own sites like keyjoker too. Do 23481348 tasks for trash games and bringing the (trash) site owner a good income.
To call it shady would be a nice description.

1 year ago

Yeah i ran away when i read doing tasks..They make the (good) money and you get something crap in return, atleast with tremorgames you could get someting decent.

1 year ago

Stoirs VR.

1 year ago

Thanks.

1 year ago

Outbuddies DX? Been seeing this come up a lot these days.

1 year ago

Most likely from this https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/WACZw/fanatical-build-your-own-play-on-the-go-3-bundle

Bundled expired a few days ago unfortunately.

1 year ago

Thanks. I missed that one.

1 year ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/WACZw/fanatical-build-your-own-play-on-the-go-3-bundle

Ended two days ago. Also less than a buck in grey market keyshops.

1 year ago

As I just gave 2 copies of that game away, I can say that I got them from lootboys "happy hardware" packs.

1 year ago

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle super-slasher-skin-pack?

Probably some old key?

1 year ago

Thank you.

1 year ago

Is PGA Tour 2K23 on sale somewhere or maybe a free promotion?

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

Wow really? The game hasn't been in any bundles and the historical low is like $26. 31 cents, that's crazy.. how though?

Thanks for the info, Mirka.

1 year ago

Which keysellers? Price comparison for PGA TOUR 2K23 doesn't list anywhere near that low of a price.

1 year ago*

Are you sure you don't mean this DLC for it?

PGA TOUR 2K23 Preorder Bonus DLC

Or maybe this different game?

The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR

1 year ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

So you're not sure. Gotcha.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Links to re-seller stores are not allowed

Reselling keys and links to reseller stores. Do not use our site to resell keys, and do not post offers from stores which allow third parties to resell their keys or gifts. For example, do not ask others if they are interested in buying your leftover keys from a recent bundle purchase, or link to keys for sale on sites such as Kinguin, G2A, or Eneba.

1 year ago

I am aware of that. It is not a store, it's a price comparison site.

1 year ago*

I said it many times. Posting link to the website that mainly aggregates gray market websites is just a try to go around the rules. We don't want to have gray market shops here in any shape or form.

If someone made a website "mskotor.for.you.com", and when you click on link the only thing that is done is list 5 gray market websites for ref links clicks - it would also be not allowed. Even when neither "mskotor website" is direct link to gray market, nor it's direct referral link.

1 year ago

I haven't seen a comment like that before. I'd also argue that grey market keyshops are not a "main" function of that site. They're not only optional, they're off per default and you have to opt-in manually. And they make a point naming the specific risks that come with these kind of shops.

However I will of course comply if you stand by that. I'd suggest changing the rule you cited to be more specific then, because currently it doesn't really fit this case. Otherwise you will probably have to say it many more times to people who haven't seen you say it before.

Edited my previous posts. Is it generally in order to mention the existence of that site? I like it so much more than ITAD, and that's not because of the keyshops.

1 year ago*

They're not only optional, they're off per default and you have to opt-in manually. And they make a point naming the specific risks that come with these kind of shops.

That's a thing of the past. remike already made a roadmap of having key shops on as default, hiding "ugly" legitimacy warning and in general make it look like gray market shops are legit. Must give nice cash in referrals, though he explains it as "following user demand".

Like I just now opened the website and there is small toggle on top of page "Keyshops: Enabled". As default. It's ridiculous to the point that when you disable key shops, it will show "Keyshops Low (hidden):$22.09 Enable". It should not list key shops at all, not give "Enable" without explanation what it does, and clicking on random text turns on key shops on whole website.

But that's off-topic.

Is it generally in order to mention the existence of that site? I like it so much more than ITAD, and that's not because of the keyshops.

You can mention the website, or make thread where you ask "is it legit". But people can't post links to it, as it funnels others to specific offers where they can buy stuff.

I'd suggest changing the rule you cited to be more specific then, because currently it doesn't really fit this case. Otherwise you will probably have to say it many more times to people who haven't seen you say it before.

And I agree with that, but only cg can do it. And adjusting guidelines always take very long time. When it was written last time, there was no gg.deals (they evolved from salenauts and had only legit shops like ITAD before). So we did not think we need to think ahead people will make websites that aggregate gray shops.

1 year ago*

remike already made a roadmap of having key shops on as default, hiding "ugly" legitimacy warning and in general make it look like gray market shops are legit.

If you could provide me with a link to this statement, I'd be thankful. The roadmap behind the official "More info" link beneath the enable button sounds a bit different to me.

I do agree that the keyshops would have to remain strictly and obviously separated from the official ones for the site to keep being useful.

Edit:

So we did not think we need to think ahead people will make websites that aggregate gray shops.

Well... AKS has been a thing for quite a while as well so it's not THAT new.

1 year ago*

https://forum.gg.deals/d/492-keyshop-integration-on-gg-deals-process-explained/3

User mentioned already in 2021 that website no longer shows warning about gray market

AKS has been a thing for quite a while as well

I don't know what AKS is. First time I see this acronym.

GG.deals added optional support for unauthorized resellers in September 2019, based on popular demand and poll results. Users who opt-in to view these offers are able to save money while being aware of the risks associated with the purchase. The integration of keyshops was only partial, meaning you could only see unauthorized resellers on game cards, but not in any other parts on GG.deals.
The reason why the integration was not full to start with is that keyshops cannot be treated just like other digital stores. A large group of GG.deals users only purchase their games through official distribution channels and we give them an option to hide unauthorized resellers altogether. This creates "two worlds" - one in which keyshops exist and one with official stores only. And it really complicates things a lot.

1 year ago

allkeyshop aka keyforsteam aka various other names in various countries. It has been there for years.
However, regarding the rule for reselling, gg.deals is clearly supporting keysellers by now and thus shouldn't be linked (based on the rule).

1 year ago

yes, allkeyshop

This creates "two worlds" - one in which keyshops exist and one with official stores only.

I don't see where they say they will change that though. I agree that the change to opt-out is not good and that some sort of explanation/warning when enabling it should be there. But the user can still disable them sitewide (with only the small keyshop low and enable link left) and when enabled, on the deals list there is a button to either show the best offers between only official shops or to show the best offers between all shops with one click. And the only missing point on the roadmap is the price alert feature for keyshops which shouldn't change anything concerning the enabling/disabling and the separated visualization in game details as far as I understand it.

If they start mixing in keyshops with official shops without me having the option to turn that off and without me being able to discern between them easily, I'm out as well. Until then I personally am ok with it. It's nice being able to see how bundles influence the prices for example or being able to guess where a current influx of giveaways might come from when the game is not currently in a bundle and so on. Featurewise and designwise, the site is so much better than ITAD, even without the keyshops.

1 year ago*

All by the same person including the DLC giveaway (except for the first one a month ago), so probably best to ask them directly.

1 year ago

I just saw someone asked on one of the GAs, so I guess I'll wait to see what the response is.

1 year ago

I bought a DLC and it gave me the full game... YMMV

1 year ago*

Now THAT sounds like an explanation! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Edit: confirmed, did the same.

1 year ago*

Since you're the only one online at the moment ... is the DLC purchase from a certain store/key reseller or any?

1 year ago

It was a certain one and it's out of stock.

1 year ago

DRATS! Thanks Wax.

1 year ago

Cheers for the info and confirmed that this works!

1 year ago

you fucking genius

1 year ago

Backbone and Where the Water Tastes Like Wine

1 year ago

Probably still from last month's Choice:

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/eBJAt/humble-bundle-december-2022-humble-choice-37-leaks-for-jan

They're both around/less than $0.50 in grey market keyshops since then.

1 year ago

That's probably it, thanks

1 year ago

Eversion?

1 year ago

Indiegala Gameplay Giveaway (Feudalife Challenges)

1 year ago

is it over right?

1 year ago

Closed for now, but often open a few hours in some day.
You have to play a mini-game, and you get a steam key is case of win.
Eversion is one of the possible drop (out more than 300 games availables)
More info here -> https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/fzysu/indiegala-gameplay-giveaway

1 year ago

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out.

1 year ago

indiegala giveaway Feudalife Challenges) Kabala drop.

1 year ago

Those who remain? Is there a new bundle?

1 year ago

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

WW2: Bunker Simulator

1 year ago

I've been looking for it too, and found out it comes from "surf giveaways". You'll find it easily.

1 year ago

thx

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.