So, yeah, I recently hit 1000 entries(yes- entries, not comments). And in only 2 months with less than 200 comments to boot. So I guess such a low entries to comment ratio officially makes me an elite leecher, yaaay. :D

Anyhow, I'm giving away some games for it, since everyone seem to do that at some random point they decide is significant. You'll need $27.98 of indie-key-free(as in I'll get a re-roll if it's not) contribution to enter.

And I'm not gonna give you the giveaway code...
Have a nice time brute-forcing it! There are 916,132,832 possibilities. Your time left.
Oh, and no hints, no sharing the answers, it's individual! And no adding me to ask for hints!
Good luck!

Ok, ok, so maybe I should make it more specific:
HINT: The code has exactly 2 capital 'N's next to each other in it. That leaves ONLY about 907,924 possibilities. Good luck. :)

6 people have reached the TRUE final. :)

Inb4 rage comments.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

-__-

1 decade ago

-___-

1 decade ago

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
congrats anyway.

1 decade ago

Congratulations on yer milestone, Zlia!

1 decade ago

._.
EDIT: Thanks for Skyrim!

1 decade ago

Congrats on a 1000 entries :D

1 decade ago

Congratulations on this important milestone, Zlia!

I actually think these milestones are meaningless, but I want to give this thread a bump.
1 decade ago

Bump!
1 decade ago

Congratulations Zlia, you made it!

1 decade ago

Ive almost hit 2k :P

1 decade ago

Congrats! :))

1 decade ago

$o1v%д!

Thank you, Zlia!

1 decade ago

Hmm, too many false positives to brute-force. Thanks anyway.

1 decade ago

Done, thanks for Skyrim! Congrats for the 1000, btw. Now go for 1000 comments!

1 decade ago

Needs more solutions! No worries people, take your time. Well... actually don't, since in theory if it took you 5 seconds for every attempted code, you'd need more than 52 days to brute-force everything with the information you currently have and you only have about 7 days. So, get to it. :D

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 decade ago

rage comment

1 decade ago

first question is difficult to answer... as there's no definitive answer

1 decade ago

Not entering, but thanks! :)

1 decade ago

Congrats, I guess....but I don't get it....what questions are people talking about? I see nothing.

1 decade ago

Dunno. They must be reading my mind or something. Also eyes can be deceiving.

1 decade ago

Wat.. how.. you are here shorter than me and entered more giveaways? :O OK hmm gratz on yer milestone, now let's see that puzzle of yours :)

The code has exactly 2 capital 'N's next to each other in it. That leaves ONLY about 907,924 possibilities

If what you say is true, then I'm afraid your math is wrong there. It should be 930,370 if my math is correct O_o

1 decade ago

Oh, you're right. Guess my math failed. In retrospect I'm not even sure how I got that number. But, well, close enough. :D
Means you'll need more brute-forcing. :P

1 decade ago

Hm... more people should post here about how evil this is or how much they hate me now. Thread keeps going too low.

1 decade ago

So, it's contributor only and you have to DDOS/brute force the server to enter? Good luck with that.
(850 entries, and this is my 21st comment, yaaaaaay)

1 decade ago

But this aint even a puzzle..

1 decade ago

It is. I'll even tell you the solution. It has 916,132,832 steps where you try each possible combination for the giveaway. Maybe less if you get lucky and hit the right one. No decoding, no nothing, just entering giveaway codes. Can't get any simpler than that. And the hint makes it even simpler. :D

1 decade ago

But as i said, thats not a puzzle, a puzzle is something where you must use logic and engine, this is just retarded.

1 decade ago

Whatever you say... I'll post the "logical" solution when it's over so you can check it out then if you want. :P

1 decade ago

By the way, here are some random thoughts of the day:

• I'm a huge liar but at least the giveaway is real. ^_^
  • Paranoia is not always a bad thing. :P
1 decade ago

I get that you don't really want us to bruteforce it.. but i still don't know what i'm looking for.. a few random numbers.. those are the key to something.. but i don't understand how to use them :D

Edit: Okay i saw it.. now i only need to figure out how to get there... inb4 solving the puzzle :P

Edit: Nevermind lol, that totally went in the wrong direction...

1 decade ago

Less than a day left. Looks like people aren't paranoid enough.

1 decade ago

4 hours left! By the way, only 6 people were paranoid enough. Just saying.

1 decade ago

Well, I'm not completely sure if I need to post the solution, but I'll do it anyway. :D

First of all, if you even for a moment though that this is a huge trolling and you'll need to brute-force the answer then you obviously don't know me. Look at the source code and you'll find a link to a quiz right after "HINT": http://www.itstoohard.com/puzzle/M6d8F2KD. It's a quiz about Bulgarian history with some really easy questions. Still, 19 people DID get stuck there, so I'll post the answers here:
1)When was the First Bulgarian Empire created?
A: 681.

2)This guy was awesome. He made a cup out of his enemy's skull- how do you get more awesome than that... Who is he? (include title)
"Translation": Which Bulgarian ruler is known for making a Skull cup?
A: "Krum the Horrible.", "Khan Krum." or combinations of the two all worked.

3)Whose reign is considered the (first) Golden Age of Bulgaria? (include title)
A: "Simeon I the Great." or "Emperor Simeon I the Great." both worked.

4)Who is the Apostle of Freedom?
A: Vasil Levski. (this one is REALLY easy)

5)Which is the shortest war in Bulgaria's history?
A: Serbo-Bulgarian War. (You might also notice that it's the 4-th shortest war in history.)

6) Seriously? Go read the question.
Anyhow, when solved it leads here http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/uLajG/edge.

I think I made it obvious enough that that isn't the final giveaway. ^_^
When you check the source code there you get this quiz: http://www.itstoohard.com/puzzle/TvF4oipE. NOTE: Anyone who solved it in the first half of the time will notice that that quiz wasn't there. I put it in later to show that sometime leaving everything for the last moment isn't a good idea. :P
The questions are about C++ and programming algorithms. I won't go in depth but the answers were: "Binary Search.", "Depth-First search.", "Breadth-first search.", "Priority queue.", "Algorithm.", "Cmath."(just "Math." worked there too) and "Aho-Corasick.".
When you solve it you get a link to this quiz- http://www.itstoohard.com/puzzle/Qkva5Lyq which was what the EDGE giveaway originally linked to.

So, that final quiz... all you have to do it identify some quotes... from Zero Punctuation. With a special surprise in the end for anyone who used Google up to that point- it doesn't help much with the last question. :D
The answers for the first 8 questions are: "Zero Punctuation.", "Painkiller.", "Portal.", "Gears of War 2.", "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.", "Far Cry 2.", "Rise of Nightmares." and "Just Cause 2.".
As for the last question, there are several ways to go. The most simple one was to just watch the videos until you find it... yes, all of them. Another possibility is waiting for the hints to show up. The hint for that question says that the video it was in was published on 11 January 2012 which more or less tells you to go and watch it. Another other possibility was to maybe get tipped of that Google doesn't work and the last 2 were from videos that weren't about a single game. So, yeah, this "quote"(in reality it's like an "award" that is given for the game) is from the "Top 5 of 2011" video. And the answer is "Portal 2.".

After solving the quiz you get here: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/lwdsF/command-conquer-3-tiberium-wars.

So, at this point it looks like it's all done... well, not really. The hint I have here is that the giveaway code has 2 capital 'N's next to each other in it. Well, this one doesn't. So check the source code again. :P
This is the "real final giveaway" http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/YANN5/command-conquer-red-alert-3-uprising.

Or at least it was then. As a way of checking if people are paranoid and if they check puzzles that they already solved I added 3 days ago something to the source code in the "last" giveaway that wasn't there originally. This link: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/kaDPZ/supreme-commander-forged-alliance. The real real final giveaway. :D
Oh, also, for anyone still paranoid, that one hides a link to a Paste bin that assures them that: yes, that was the last one.

Well... that's it. Hope you liked it or at least hated it in a good way. And that someone actually reads this. :D

1 decade ago

I don't know what the fuck is going on

1 decade ago

To see the source code, go to my original post(or any post you wanna see the source of), select the text, right click it and choose "View Selected Source". Maybe it'll become clearer. ;)

1 decade ago

When did you add the Pastebin link? As I remember I immediately checked the source when I found the last giveaway, but I didn't see any links there at that time. xD

1 decade ago

Erm... you probably weren't looking hard enough... yeah, that's it. Backs away for the exit.
(Translation: I remembered to add it slightly later. XD)

1 decade ago

Well, after all you can say this was a puzzle anyways, a shithard mindfucked puzzle however, congrats to ppl who resolve it.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Zlia.