July 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ July 31st, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† August 7th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe Edition

Void Bastards

Railway Empire

Vikings - Wolves of Midgard

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs from an EU purchase

Notes:

1. A bonus game will be unlocked on August 7th if you don't pause / cancel your subscription. source
  2. Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season One {sub/468788} (corresponds to this store bundle) = includes 4 DLCs.
  3. Free to claim: Age of Wonders: Planetfall Wallpaper

๐ŸŽฎ Games (Bonus: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe Edition No user reviews (Included game has cards) - 9.00 CV sub/339107 0 $59.99
Void Bastards 88% of 2320 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/857980 W M 1 $29.99
Railway Empire 81% of 4152 โค ๐Ÿ† 7.50 CV app/503940 W L 0* $49.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season One 83% of 1269 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV (base game?) sub/468788 W 0 $71.96
Yuppie Psycho 95% of 1474 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.50 CV app/597760 W M L 1 $16.66
Beat Hazard 2 92% of 802 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.85 CV app/618740 W 0 $18.99
Sigma Theory 79% of 641 - ๐Ÿ† 2.70 CV app/716640 W M L 0* $17.99
Metal Unit 82% of 389 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1173200 W 0 $14.99
Don't Escape: 4 Days to Survive 99% of 639 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/611760 W M 0 $14.99
Verlet Swing 95% of 128 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/811870 W M 1 $14.99
Basingstoke 82% of 147 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/336940 W M L 0 $29.99
EARTHLOCK 77% of 226 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/761030 W M L 0 $29.99
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard 57% of 2385 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/404590 W M L 0* $29.99

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is one key that activates the following:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Reinforcement Pack (DLC) 91% of 23 (Base game has cards) - 4.99 CV 0 app/692080 W 0 $4.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: The Broken Alliance (DLC) 100% of 22 - - 9.99 CV 0 app/726560 W 0 $9.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis (DLC) 47% of 34 - - 9.99 CV 0 app/879240 W 0 $9.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Sin & Sacrifice (DLC) 88% of 18 - - 14.99 CV 0 app/1001150 W 0 $14.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock 83% of 1269 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV 0 app/544610 W 1 $39.99

Retail:

• $79.95

* = Included in a special bundle (Pick & Mix, Mystery, Build-a-Bundle etc.) and does not count as "bundled"

Retail:

• $338.55

Humble Original / Extras:

Grotto (DRM-Free)
Popup Dungeon Sneak Peek (DRM-Free)

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

All those promises of not rebundling games into Humble Monthly haven't been kept in the latest Choice bundles. How does this make you feel?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] I donโ€™t mind rebundles at all, they take at most a couple of choices and I can make my friends happy with some giveaways or trade them for other unowned games.
[New subscription] Regardless of the overall opinion, I love IGN for giving me exposure to new, high quality games.
[Maybe subscribe] They might be good games indeed, but Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s value for money. I need to think it through.
[Pause] As a longtime subscriber, I find that many of the higher-tier games are getting rebundled and this is not giving me much of a "choice." any more.
[Cancelling] Remembering to pause every month has become a mental chore for me. Better just end it once and for all.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] While I enjoy reading the new reveals and comments, in the end I'm usually glad that I am not a subscriber.

I don't think the games are bad, but I think the bundle impact is pretty bad because of the relative age/availability of these games or because of the specific appeal not really doing much for anyone.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Standard edition) and Void Bastards are/were both on Game Pass. The rest of the games seem a bit niche to me- there aren't any games that I would say a majority of subscribers are probably interested in. I feel like if you're only snagging this bundle for yourself, you probably only "want" three or fewer of the games. Maybe I'm just assuming people have pretty narrow tastes when it comes to games, but I don't think there's anything particularly meaty here. I do think a couple of these games are interesting- I enjoyed Void Bastards and I don't own it on Steam. Railway Empires could be fun for me. Metal Unit and Sigma Theory are two other games that I would probably have liked to see had I not owned both of them already, but I think Metal Unit is still probably a bit early access for a Choice bundle, though it has come a long way. I just kind of wonder where the substance of this bundle is- I think it's probably supposed to be Age of Wonders: Planetfall, but if you're not into 4X games there's no one game that makes me think "Oh, cool, this is great!" That said, the deluxe edition is nice given that the standard edition would probably "count" for a core game to build a bundle around and I personally think it's a great game (although I already own it).

I say this, but despite being personally disappointed, I actually think this bundle is probably pretty good- if I didn't own most of the games that interested me, I would probably say this is a great bundle. The problem is that Humble Choice has largely been games that are either so niche they don't appeal to (what I imagine to be) most people or so visible that they're not unique or surprising.

That said, I think I'm going to stay subscribed. I have a hunch that in the next half a year there's going to be Desperados 3, which I'm down for, and as I'm tightening my budget a bit I think they might hit a bunch of games that I would buy now, given that they've been lining up with many of the games I've been buying this last year or so. I'm also excited about a bunch of the Humble Bundle published games, and while they usually just do demos of new releases, I hope they toss in something like Fey Tactics somewhere down the line.

3 years ago

omg i want to stop pausing but its so bad

3 years ago

2 wishlisted games (albeit without DLC) and 3 others I'm mildly interested in. I'll probably get this one.

3 years ago

This is not the worst bundle ever but people are being a bit extreme i think. People seem to have short memories as https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/DUXSi/humble-bundle-may-2019-monthly-bundle-incl-assassins-creed-origins-uplay-no-steam was pretty bad. This one looks half decent compared to it.

3 years ago

I agree with you - I personally only wanted one game from that monthly, so I paused and won Do Not Feed the Monkeys here instead.

Humble Bundles will never seem as good as they used to by various people because:

• There's a greater chance for rebundles over time

• There's game subscription services elsewhere

• Many game platforms offere free games periodically

And that's not even including how Humble has been acquired and managed.

3 years ago

Well, minus the Uplay key, I've played and really liked Monster Prom, Finding Paradise, Wandersong and Do Not Feed the Monkeys (I didn't even buy the bundle, I got those games elsewhere because I was interested in them). Only looking at the game itself Origins is probably good too even if I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Usually with these I have maybe played/been interested in one or two but that month was packed for me and I wouldn't say it's anywhere near being the worst.

Lots of different opinions on this site, eh?

3 years ago

I can understand if people have too many of the games or don't like the genres in the bundle but getting the best part of $300 worth of games for $12 has to provide some value. People are getting too spoilt and maybe humble lowering the expectations a bit might be a good thing in the long run so when a good bundle does come, it will get appreciated.

3 years ago

Yeah, I think I said it when the XCOM 2 repeat came but we can't have freshly released, unbundled AAA games every month. I think PC gamers get a bit spoiled with bundles in general, I have a Switch and if I want one game there it's going to cost more than a PC bundle (not to mention that it would be cheaper to just get the game on PC because of the cheap keys from bundles).

But I don't care about value at all. I don't even look at it. If there's a few games I'm interested in for a price I think is good then the bundle may be worth it. I'm not paying for a bundle where I want to play one game and don't care for the rest because I don't think it's worth it (note that I'm not a game collector). I hope that doesn't make me spoiled or something.

3 years ago

When I talk about value, I don't necessarily mean you should buy it purely on value. Even if you like/keep maybe one or two of the games, the rest can be traded for a considerable amount so the bundle almost pays for itself by trading the remaining games. Its one advantage I suppose of having a high retail cost bundle like this one. Also with a bundle like this one, I can give away a lot of higher points games on giveaways if I don't trade. What you say does not make you sound spoiled at all, it sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

3 years ago

This'll be the third month in a row i've paused.

Honestly, this has to be the worst monthly ever.

3 years ago

who keeps telling them to make bundles fit to burst with grand strategy games ):

3 years ago

I already own everything I want from this one (ah, except Railway Empire ... bonus!), but since I'm on a giveaway site and I'm not sure where else I'd get $250+ worth of games to give away for $12, I'm getting it.

Thank you for the thread.

3 years ago

You are a class act, seriously.
I've been on pause so long, I don't remember when I didn't click the button.

I don't make enough giveaways so I have lots of keys that still need a home and I don't need fresh ones. Still, hat off to you, buddy

3 years ago

Meh, I just try to see the bright side of things (I got Railway Empires for $12). It keeps me sane (mostly). But thanks.
I'm in the same boat. I just went back through all the monthly bundles, and I have a bunch of keys I need to make giveaways for. LOL.

Edit: Oh, and I got the Steam Facepalm sticker just now, which made my day. It really is the little things. ;)

3 years ago*

any tips on which are the must-plays? I'm definitely keeping planetfall and railway empire, and I've heard enough good things about void bastards. The rest, I have no idea which to keep, which to give away, and which to leave behind

3 years ago

I'd keep Galactica as well, if you're into that type of game. I was waiting for the Season One DLC, and it's included, so I'm keeping that one as well. I'm installing that one now, so I can't give an opinion on it yet. I'm a Galactica fan, though, which might be a factor. :P

Void Bastards is the only other one I've played (though not a whole lot yet), but it seems you've already decided on that one (good choice IMHO - it's well made and fun to play).

3 years ago

Is this the first time an Early Access game has been in a monthly/choice bundle?

3 years ago

ARK was in a monthly during EA.

3 years ago

Thanks for the info!

3 years ago

No, Unrailed! and Them's Fightin' Herds were in Early Access, when they appeared in Humble Choice. Btw Metal Unit is quite good rogue-lite game, bought it from Steam and don't regret

3 years ago

Thanks! I'm not inherently against Early Access games but I got disappointed too often and prefer to wait for a full release unless it's a dev I absolutely love.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago*

Oh wow. I don't think that they ever had a selection with 6 (!) wishlisted games. If that isn't worth $12, I don't know what is. โค

3 years ago

Being interested in only 1 game a month seems to be the trend for me. This time it was Void Bastards (which isn't really a genre I play either, but the artstyle looks too good).

3 years ago

Looks good but can get repetitive.

3 years ago

Maybe so. It's sorted in the "I'll play it if I win it" category for me so it's not so likely that I'll try it anyway :p

3 years ago

For me great monthly :). Many games i will play:). One of the best. No brainer for me:).

3 years ago

Last time I bought Xcom 2 on steam, Xcom 2 showed up in May bundle. This time bought Battlestar Galactica Deadlock from Steam and Sigma Theory from Fanatical. Both games showed up in July bundle...

3 years ago

This happens to me with RPGs. I generally already have them from sales, then they show up in a bundle. Earthlock being the one this time. I have it for a while and didn't play yet. Oh well... we're keeping the industry alive. :P

3 years ago

Looking the other way, it cost me CDN$17.5 to get BGD base game and Sigma Theory compared to CDN$28.3 to get the humble choice. I am not interested in all the other games in the bundle, so it kinda saved me $10. I am going to repeat this to myself from now on. เฒ _เฒ 

3 years ago

That's one way of looking at it.

In my case, the classic is costing 11 euro per month, which isn't too bad. BUT... on the other hand, for the number of games I actually play per month, I'm not sure it's actually worth it even then. Haha! I'll be playing these games until I'm old. XD

3 years ago

That is true, I probably play around 3 games per months depends on the game size, and I already have a backlog. It will probably take me to end of this year to finish the game that can be played on my laptop. Death Stranding is coming to PC in 10 days, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be released later this year (hopefully), I do not see how I will have time to play any other games, lol
The premium month to month price just dropped to around 12 euro (was paying 18.5 euro) for the next 12 months, I might actually re-sub to lock that price.

View attached image.
3 years ago

I considered Battlestar Galactica on steam sale, but decided to wait for choice. I am totaly opposite to others. Many dames I like or will try. I love this choice.

3 years ago

Yeah, I should have waited, I was trying to get that $6 discount. เฒ _เฒ 

3 years ago

Kinda dissapointed

3 years ago

Again shitty games

3 years ago

Definite get after a 3 month pause run.
Interested in the first 4 games, will pick\try to win out of the remaining 8.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

VB is definitely a fun game and I agree, you sir, have good taste ;)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

same here. I was sold with just the first two. I'm on the fence for void bastard. I'm sure I can find a good home for the rest

3 years ago

Only interested in Void Bastards and Verlet Swing so that's a skip for this month.

3 years ago

P-A-A-A-U-S-E
find out what it means to me
P-A-A-A-U-S-E
take care, HBC

3 years ago

This is a great bundle!

I was going to pause because I already bought Earthlock, and have Void Bastards from a previous bundle.

They've recently released Planetfall on Mac though. That changes things, so might get it. XD

3 years ago

meh only 1-3 decent indie games, one of the weaker months again...

3 years ago

classic member here.. i very reluctantly bought it. didn't feel too good, but i did get a couple games i wanted, and i enjoy giving away games. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
already had void bastards from the australia fire bundle, and yuppie psycho was on my wishlist. grabbed a few of the lower tier games that looked good, but the other higher tier games will be given away.

3 years ago

Wait, where is AAA game? At least one?

3 years ago

What is a AAA game and why strategy can not be AAA game?

3 years ago

You know it's bad when there's not even one game on this list I own, and not one on my wishlist either. And looking through the games, not even one I'd be interested enough to consider splitting a bundle over. I'm sure fans of strategy will enjoy some of these picks though. Just not for me. This year has marked the first time I've ever paused a monthly, and now this is the second time in a row. Maybe the people who are finding the games just really don't match up with my tastes any more.

3 years ago

Please excuse me for mentioning that something is wrong with "June 31th". I meant that might be July.

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.