Enough
Not Enough
View attached image.
4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

View attached image.
4 years ago

I don't think that pushing the cat off the shark bed/house was necessary. The other cat didn't seem bothered by being where he was and I'm sure he could have gotten out without problem.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

4 years ago

Clearly the cat on top would be happier inside the shark, but it could have been moved gently so that the shark could be opened for it to climb in.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

4 years ago

I have to think about it longer as I never imagined the amount of points being different from what we are currently getting.
As always CG seem to put many thoughts into SG and my spontaneous feeling tells me the amount is just about right where it is.

4 years ago

A long time ago the cap was 300 points, but it also had different rules for gaining points.
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/kGtHd/point-distribution
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/9cWgD/point-system-updates

4 years ago

Maybe to much ... I've entered all the giveaways for games on my wishlist and recommended, so now I need to spend the points on games I don't reeeeeally care about, I would prefer a higher chance to win the games I DO want

4 years ago

you are not "forced" to use points on game you don't really want.
Also, even though i entered all the wishlisted giveway and still have 300 point left, i consider that 400 is the right amount, because there just isn't any of my wishlisted games in an actual bundle. When there is a bundle sometimes 2 or more of my wishlisted games flood the giveways and then my 400 point are gone quite fast. So i believe 400 is the right amount. the only way to get more "chances" to win the giveaway you are looking for, is for people who don't really care about said game to not enter the giveaway ;)

4 years ago

Hmmmm that is true, when games on my wishlist are in bundles then I do sometimes run out of points ... hmmmmmm , yeah ... haha.

4 years ago

since March-April I can't remember any second when I dropped below 300-350 but I not really enter many giveaways nowadays.

4 years ago

Normally enough but when the monthlies get released it's not.

4 years ago

I feel the same way.

4 years ago

the daily 400 Points amount is

Aren't it 576 points per day?

4 years ago

Yes, that's the amount of points you can get daily but it's still capped at 400, and that's what meant.

4 years ago

Not exactly. The amount of points, that you can accumulate is capped at 400, but if you spend 176+ points before reaching 400, you get all 576 points in 24h.

4 years ago

Pretty much enough... almost all time am on 400 points

4 years ago

This

4 years ago

yep

4 years ago

I would be in favor of it being increased to 500 honestly as it would mean checking in less often. And it's not 400 points daily, that's just the cap on how many you can have at once. The daily generation is actually 576 points (6 points every 15 mins).

4 years ago

Aside from really big events I never run out of points. Most of the time I have all 400 points, both when I log in and still / again when I log out.

4 years ago

Same here. :)

4 years ago

Yeah 400 points usually last me over a month. We are just picky I guess :)

4 years ago

Give more points for higher levels! (joke)
I prefer 300 daily and lower points per day.
I would say the same as SketCZ ^^

4 years ago

This can be a good idea. Higher-level = more points.
Like 200 at level 0 and +10-20 per level.

That means, that people will create more giveaways to reach a higher level.
Win-win situation! More giveaways for everyone.

4 years ago

Nonono! 1 point max capacity for lvl 0 users =)

4 years ago

I'm generally OK with the current settings, but implementing such progressive point limits and generation probably would improve things. However I would see it more like 200 limit at level 0 and +50 each level, so at level 3-5 we would arrive at the current values.

Doing so it would also be necessary to adjust points per hour accordingly, starting at 12 per hour and increasing by 3 with each level - otherwise bots would profit from the changes, as they don't have problems with spending points before reaching the limits.

4 years ago*

In my opinion, higher level (move giveaways created) = more points to use can cause more giveaways to be given when everyone will want to rise up. So this will be a profit for the community.

4 years ago

There used to be time where I found myself constantly out of points (wasn't entering random giveaways either, just stuff I was genuinely interested in) but these past six months or so there's been a serious lack of giveaways for games I want for some reason O.o
The number of blacklists I'm on didn't go up by much so I it's a bit weird, perhaps people decided to do more invite-only giveaways lately.

The bottom line is, I rarely drop below 300 points nowadays.

4 years ago

I do believe that while there is less giveaways nowadays, most of people give in group / invite / white list more often to avoid people who take and don't give in return.

4 years ago

I think the "Giveaways by Contributor Value" stat is a likely reason. I'm in the same boat. Used to be out of points constantly. Now, it still happens, but it's not anywhere near as often, and I very often hit the point cap.

4 years ago

For myself its way too much - but it depends on how you approach entering giveaways. If you just entered as much as possible you may say its not enough, but that'll be different for people who are more selective.

Also for some its going to be much more difficult to find worthwhile games to enter once your library is in the thousands, maybe the people with smaller libraries see much more than we do because we forget how many games we actually own :D

4 years ago

It depends.

4 years ago

400 points is ok. Maybe it is some kind of sweetspot. I image that 500 points would be OK, too. More would be too much IMHO. Voted for enought then.

Edit: i am talking about max points. Not Daily. Daily is ok as it is now and it is different number then 400.

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

I often find myself wishing the max was higher, but honestly if it was I'd just have to wait a day before I'd be back to wishing it was higher again. You have to cap it somewhere, and 400 is good as any, I guess. No lower though, I hate systems where you have to check two or three times a day to use up all your energy/points! (Not that I do end up using all my points, it's the principle of it!)

I'm not quite as selective here as on my Steam wishlist, but I've hidden enough stuff that I only have two pages of giveaways visible (except for the week after the Humble Monthly), so it's probably my own fault for not entering literally everything. :D

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Do you undestand that it will be free for you aswell? xD

4 years ago

400 points are enough for having 400 points almost all the time. Basically, nothing would change for me if this number is suddenly modified to 200 or 800.

4 years ago

It just depends on what type of SGer you are.

I only enter giveaways occasionally = 400 is way too much
I enter every giveaway that gets posted on the site = 400 is not enough

4 years ago

I used to be the not enough type long ago, now I am the way too much type

4 years ago

Never is enough xD.
Anyway... less Giveaways are created day by day... I think the system by points created according quantity of GA is better.

4 years ago

576 points per day (maximum) = 6 points every 15 minutes
17680 points per month (maximum) = 400 points rolled over from prior month + 576 points per day * ~30 days per month
1360 entries per month (estimated) = 17680 points per month / 13 points per game (guess based on some group GA data)

So people who only enter in Public GAs or have huge wishlists can be more likely to think that points are too low, whereas people who tend to enter non-public GAs or have small wishlists may be more likely to think that points are too high because they are tired of going up against so many entries. The calculations above indicate to me that someone who only enters public GAs have odds of only winning one game per month.

I have a decent size wishlist of 300+ mostly indie games, and I find that the 400 limit is enough for me most of the time to enter everything that is wishlisted from public & group & WL, what I want from Recommended, and what I want from forum GAs.
When a bundle or Humble Monthly drops with multiple games I want, I tend to have to limit my entries to GAs that end within several days instead of weeks. I also try to keep a certain small number of points available to enter GAs that pop-up within that shorter timeframe, especially hour long quickies.

In the end, my unpopular opinion is that 400 points is too much due to the massive amount of public entries, and that some kind of decrease to the cap or point regen rate would decrease the amount of public GA entries.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

The only thing I miss is back in the day, point generation was fluid and depended on the number/pointcost of new giveaways being made. So when massive bundles dropped, your point generation went through the roof and you could afford to enter a lot more.It was a nice ballancer and dear god did it feel so satisfying to enter so many giveaways.

4 years ago

I vote for a 100 points cap and a limit to 5 GA entry per day.

4 years ago

Even when bundles come out with games i actually want which is rare I barely use that 400p so yeah a bit to high for me
However i think the 400p max is fine. Gives all the public let me enter everything people enough points to enter a decent amount of things and then when the hb monthlies or even just a really good bundle comes out it gives the rest enough points to enter those, at least if they dont want evrry single game then they screwed!

4 years ago

Closed 8 months ago by icaio.