(by cg)

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

the daily 400 Points amount is

View Results
Too Much
Enough
Not Enough

I ran dry a few times when I entered monthly games and next monthly's early reveal (and some extra from other bundles and promotions) but that's a rare thing. And I'm relatively alone with 2.2K games and 15.5k hidden - it makes really easy and pretty fast to organise my entries. But thinking about a random user who doesn't bother with hiding games and generally has more games they want to win - I think it wouldn't hurt to raise the point limit to 500 without increasing regen.

4 years ago

well, for the sake of the website and everything I think it's ok, for me it's far from being enough since I spend all my 400 daily points just on 2+copies, lvl 8+ and wishlist groups and I get maximum to all the giveaways ending within 20 hours... just in time the next day to catch up on the new ones.. =P anyways I think as I said that it's a fair amount of points for the number of users, the game values, and overall how this website works! I voted not enough anyways ahah =P

4 years ago

oh now I'm able to enter only the giveaways ending within 14 hours.. too few points too many giveaways ç_ç plus, just hit 5000 hidden games! and I only enter games with achievements!! haha =P

4 years ago

I think too much, I usually sit at 400 points and very rarely run out.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

4 years ago

I hardly ever spend 400 points, but I only enter things I want to play

4 years ago

more points dosnt mean we will win more Games as the number of Games given away dosnt Change cause of it... so there is only one real solution: decrease the points for everybody else but increase mine ;)

4 years ago

Right now it's too much.
The 400 point system worked when there was abundance of Humble Bundles.
Points should be somehow relative to number of giveaways. Maybe should be changed once a month?
Right now we have only 25% of peak giveaways per month.

Humble Bundle doesn't make that many bundles anymore. People are quick to blame IGN, but I blame resellers. Some small games included in low tiers of HB even after 2-4 years can be bought exceptionally cheap in grey market sites...

4 years ago

I own a bunch of games now and so the games I've got wishlisted are ones that aren't very popular to be spread around on the site. So I often don't fall under 200 or even 300 points. Some days I have maybe 1 giveaway to enter for. So an egocentric answer would be to say "too much".

But I'm above the average for games owned, so others will have more stuff to enter for. I'd say 400p is enough. Definitely shouldn't be more, but having less is a bit restricting too. It used to be 300p, but the point gain was more generous too, so if people were to use that argument, they'd be pretty dishonest with it.

A good discussion topic. :)

4 years ago

And when HB was throwing software bundles - with 100p apps for 1$... amount of points was infinitive!

4 years ago

Lol, good times. :D

Also, the couple mandatory "whyz dis game so expensive to entrrrr guyz???????" threads on the sites. ;D

4 years ago

I run out of points only when there is more than one wishlisted game in humble monthly xD
So even 200P would suffice.

But it's just me. I changed my sg habits since I started my adventure with this site and at the beginning I was entering pretty much everything

4 years ago

Too much. I think the original 300 were enough.

4 years ago

400 are...

... more than enough for me. If the maximum of point we can gather would be decreased, I wouldn't mind.

4 years ago

I've actually been having a hard time spending the 400 points for the past months, with less bundles, more ignored or owned games and (I think?) less GAs in general so it's alright with me.

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

400 points is more than enough.
I just don't like that a lot of people making super short GA's.
LIke you have wishlisted game from montly.
Then in first day there is 50 <24 hours Ga'as and you don't have points to enter them all.
After one week there is no GA'as from montly and for 3 weeks you don't have where to spend points

p.s. 500 maybe would be even better but points recovery should be slower.
so you don't need to login every 2 hours to spent all your points on super short humble montly ga's :D

4 years ago

Although I did vote for enough, I believe points should maybe be more scarce. There are two things I mainly like to see:

The point cap is decided by your SG Level, starting for example on 100 points at level 1 and an increase of 50 points for each level you gain. Are you level 3 --> your cap will be 250. Are you level 6 ---> your cap will be 400. Are you level 10 --> your cap will be 600. This way you get a slightly more incentive to level up and if you're only here to win games and not give some away you still can, but enter less giveaways.

Second thing to make points more scarce is the "regen rate" of points should be slower. Currently it's 24 points/hour, i'd even go down as far as 10 points/hour.

Values are obviously up for change to something more desirable, but I'd do it like this. The so called (and by some hated) "leechers" aren't able to spam join all giveaways with these changes and there is more value created by giving away games yourself because levelling up becomes more valuable due to being able to join min. level required giveaways and a higher point cap. The higher your point cap the more you are able to 'profit' from the slower regen rate of points.

With these changes people should become more 'careful' with which giveaways they join because points become more valuable. People will start joining only the giveaways for games they really want, especially at lower levels when the point cap with this idea is pretty low. But ultimately the value to giveaway games yourself increases because level ups are more important which gives people more incentive to start giving away (more) games and because of the points being more scarce the amount of people joining a certain giveway is lower and increases chances to win.

All in all a nerf to "leechers" staying at level 1, a small nerf to lower levels (level 2-4), no real changes for mid levels (level 5-7) and a slight buff for higher levels (level 8+).

4 years ago

When they added this system I figured it would give too much points all the time, except Humble Monthly when it would be too little.
And... that's the case.

Humble uniquely solved it by making less interesting monthly unlocks in general.

4 years ago

You linked the old thread.
This is a more current one:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/rgtRD/updated-changes-to-point-system

4 years ago

thanks, updated!

4 years ago

thank you all, guess we might say result is Enough

(my vote was too much and i'd be ok with a 100 daily/point cap)

4 years ago

Today I am awfully short and am not entering Middle Earth ones eating 50 points.

On some days when quality of GAs is abysmal [the cheap 1p-2p junk overrunning] points seem excessive but on good days they are woefully short. The last 2 months have seen awesome level of games like Yakuza, Shengue, CoD WW, 11-11, Shadow Tomb raider, Middle Earth Shadows of War, Soul Caliber etc that need lot of points per GA [30 - 50] among other great games that need 10-25 points like Observer, Tolva, Soul Saber, Coma, White Light, Dex, Light of Darkness, Broken Sword etc. So on those awesome days points run out faster and seem too less. I suppose 500 would be great bottom. 600 adequate. No one will miss on points on bad days but definitely love the good days. Or maybe when there are more games on GA needing high number of points maybe system gives 200 extra. I dont know but I think 500 at base would be great or the old system of more points on more Gas generated. That was best system really. If you dont like GAs on offer no one missed anything losing points but when games were mostly wishlist no fear of not despair of not getting enough chances. As it is region lock on some bundles have reduced so much options.

I vote return to old points rise system based on more number of GAs. or a base of 500 per day minimum.

4 years ago*

Closed 8 months ago by icaio.