Introduction

Ever saw contests where people are asked to draw an image of something. And you really want to be part of it, but you know you can't draw a straight line with the help of a ruler? That's basically me.

But worry not, technology finally gives us a hand! Fresh from the oven, deep learning AI algorithms that generate realistic looking images in seconds. Scary that the thing we thought for so long as human-exclusive* - art - turned into something that can be automatically generated. Sucks for all the people that are taking art comissions or make landscape images. When DALL-E 2 (and similar algorithms) get better, they may end up jobless.
*I know elephants and such can smear paint on canvas

This brings us to the event I thought for this Christmas. I want you to "draw" a space cat. Theme is Christmas. Presents, Christmas trees, Mariah Carey, sledges.... basically anything Christmas-related. The only catch is that you will "draw" with use of DALL-E (or any other AI of your choice). I don't want people to show off their amazing drawing skills. I want chance for people like me to shine this year :D Look at this year box event banner to see how it should look like.

Rules are as below:

• open Nightcafe StableDiffusion or DeepAI generator and think of the best phrase that will give you good-looking result. You can use any website you like
    (It's more of a thinking-imagination than drawing-ability contest. In general, the more detailed the phrase, the better the image turns out)
  • it's a Christmas event, not Halloween. Which means some weird, scary or uncanny images will not be considered as a valid entry
  • people can submit as many images as they like, as long as they meet the point above. If you have few images to upload do it in one post. If you have a new batch of images and your original post is old - create a new one, so people don't miss your creation(s)
  • it's not a popularity contest, so there will be no voting. It is too often promoting people with many friends or with ungodly good drawing skills
  • I will choose the winner with the help of the random generator. People will be given a number based on their first qualifying image
  • if you want to join reply to OP post with attached image (imgur or other website that allows to generate direct link will work)
    How to attach image: You must have URL that ends with .jpg or .png, you can get it when you right-click image and pick "Open Image in New Tab"
    Code format: ![](https://i.imgur.com/2DZKELs.jpg)
  • do not join as reply to someone else. I may miss such replies by mistake. I will ok qualifying posts
  • event will end on 24th of December 5pm CET, it's the day when we give presents in Poland
  • I won't stream number generation. I think it would be too complicated, and only few people would be interested to see how I click a button. I will post a message at the end of the contest and contact with winner

Prize:

• winner can choose any game, bundle or DLC up to £15 / €17 / $18
  • I can buy stuff from anywhere as long as it's not a grey market site, and I can make purchase there. Steam, GMG, HumbleBundle, IndieGala, Fanatical etc. are preferable
  • it doesn't need to be £14.99 game, it can be 3 bundles for £5 each for example

Things to consider:

• my region is set to Europe / UK, so I should not have problem to gift through Steam. Winner can send me also link to offer from a shop and I will see if keys / bundle is not region locked for them
  • all general GAs rules apply. Which means the winner will need to activate the game(s) on their Steam account. If it's a bundle, then they must activate the majority of it. They can give away games they already own
  • Note: My BL still applies. I don't feel comfortable to give to some people. I will not discuss "why I am on BL" here. Nor point "sorry you're BL". People can still submit images they generate if they wish so, but they will not be assigned a number when I go through entries.
    Am I BL giveaway check

Some images I quickly generated and give verdict if I think it qualifies:

• first is made with simple phrase and looks like Mass Effect husk. Doesn't qualify
  • second looks like voodo-cat sacrificing presents. Barely Qualifies, as it's not really space cat
  • third doesn't even look like a proper cat and is creepy. Doesn't qualify
  • for the last one, I mixed Space Cat and Mariah Carey. Doesn't qualify ;D
    (While top left image is really good and cute, it's not a Space Cat.. The other three are disturbing and out of theme.)

Let's see your creations! :D

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

(https://bashify.io/images/4fp5Gt)

I give you CHRISTMAS Cat in Black hole!

1 year ago

Moar christmas please :D

1 year ago

Quite enjoy this, so I had another go.
1 - Christmas tree with cat on top wearing scarf in outer space
2 - feline alien carol singing in space
3 - Christmas tree decorated with cats in space
4 - feline spaceman hanging decorations

I think 4 is my favourite here, not sure there's enough Christmas in 2 or space in 3 though. I guess 1 and 4 are closest to the requirements, but probably not enough there to qualify.

Editing after I saw a link to another site and had a search around. I used this site for these ones (https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/cyberpunk-generator) I didn't make a note of the prompts though as I tried so many! These are my final attempts, I think I've peaked with these!
No notes for 6-10

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Last one is really nice :D

I will also add this tool you found to OP, so others can try as well!

1 year ago

For those struggling with the credits from NightCafe, I used Stable Diffusion Online for these and the last batch. No need to login or download and you can go infinite :)

Forgot about the Christmas part on the last one prompt, but I liked the result...

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

Stealing this generator for OP! :D

1 year ago

It's really interesting how these AI generate an image with just words
I'm using prompts like santa cat, space suit, galaxy, baubles, christmas gift and christmas hat
After few attempts, these are some results that I think will qualify

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

Background could be more galaxy-like. Last one looks like taken from pixar movie! Too bad it's hard to swap only part of an already generated image.

1 year ago

This can be fun, but it's quite tricky to get a picture with the correct elements/theme sometimes. Still, got a few nice looking kitties (the first one's my favorite).

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

I like how proud 3rd one looks like.

Happy factory day :D

1 year ago

Yeah that one's really promising, but it'd need some cleaning, sadly when I tried "evolving" it the AI focused too hard on the background while turning the kitty into a ghost-like silhouette.

And thanks :)

1 year ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/G98Ud/christmas-space-cat-drawing-competition-2022/search?page=3#UcVSnMn

tubberware mentioned here "fixing" images, but looks like it's local only. Sorry!

1 year ago

That sounds a lot more involved than what I'm interested in doing right now, but I guess it would be worth it if I was into generating AI art as a hobby. It's impressive how much this has advanced in just a few short years, I've heard that some artist that actually depend on art commissions to survive are in a bit of panic right now.

1 year ago

my free credits only give me some images that doesn't resemble space cats. now i'm out of credits and can't generate anymore D:
edit: used the stable diffusion shared above so i can generate some more. can't seem to generate more space cat looking images and i'm bored.

"brown stripped cat acting as a santa elf to deliver present in a chimney"

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Were you trying to go for a challenge to get a space cat without mentioning space in the prompt? 😺 I think you have to clearly specify the background/surroundings to get it.

1 year ago

Im afraid that the space cat will turn to a random cat if i dont specify how it looks, but i guess it backfired on me, hahah

1 year ago

You could try specifying both cat's appearance and the background/surroundings, like I did, although you can't go wild with the description cause of the word limit haha. Here's one of my prompts: Intricately detailed adorable cute fluffy fat red cat with beautiful eyes and big ears floating in space, surreal deep space background with stars and candy canes, Christmas gift box, beautiful composition, trending on Artstation, character design, pastel, cartoon, festive, digital art, colourful

1 year ago

Ok i have to admit that i don't know that you have to go super detailed like that. I thought just telling the descriptions on how it looks like is fine, hahah. I'll try it again tomorrow :)

1 year ago

Yeah, going in I didn't know anything about it either, and started out with short simple prompts and got terrible results haha, but then I looked through some of the most liked submissions on Nightcafe and tried putting in some of the same modifiers and doing more detailed descriptions and it went much better, until I ran out of "credits".

1 year ago

it seems i'm not talented enough to make an ai art D:

i use this prompt (and changing it bit by bit) but i only get either a cat or a house with snow in it, there isn't even space

"brown cat with some white fur and big round eyes carrying a light brown bag and a present, standing on top of a snowy roof next to a chimney with black sky with twinkling stars"

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

I think you should be even more descriptive (to the point of reaching the symbol limit haha) and keep putting in exactly the details and the type of stuff you wanna have on your image, maybe even describe the same stuff like twice but with slightly different wording. At least that's what I did. Your second cat turned out pretty cute though, heh.

1 year ago

Moar space :D

It is a bit counterintuitive, as search engines conditioned us to type in keywords in order to find what we need. Try to search google 10 years ago with full sentence, and you'd get gibberish. AI on the other hand need as detailed description as possible.

1 year ago

somehow i got how to type google keywords properly to get the result that i want, but i'm clueless with the keyword in this ai art D:

1 year ago

Almost run out of points before getting something I actually like :D

crazy space cat during Christmas

View attached image.
1 year ago

It surely looks alien cat-kangaroo, but no Christmas :D

1 year ago

I tried only nightcafe and it apparently doesn't know what Christmas is...

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

You need more christmas spirit. Maybe AI can detect our mood? :scream:

1 year ago

Man, this tech has gotten so good so quickly.

View attached image.
1 year ago

It's missing right paw. Wonder if it holds selfie stick to make a photo with the one remaining...

1 year ago

Definitely a selfie.

1 year ago

I present to you my top 3 creations. There is a misplaced box in the last picture :(

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

So: Cat in the box, no box, levitating box :D

Need to see whole box with present ribbon, all bell and whistles!

1 year ago

Wanted to play around with one of these AIs for some time already but didn't find a moment to do so. Thank you for motivation to finally try it out. I really find such stuff quite entertaining and also it makes you feel like you are a real artist. At least that's the closest thing to being an artist that I can do.

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

I like 2nd! Looks like a character from some old wild west movie. Only in space suit.

1 year ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

That's landscape night sky, not galaxy like with space cat. More galaxy look I need :D

View attached image.
1 year ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

1 year ago

can we make space dogs or is it dicrimiantive contest?

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

I can't prevent you from making a dog. But according to this event guideline, it would not qualify!

1 year ago

Ok, look at what you made me do..
I had fun messing around with it for a fair while.
Here's a gallery link if you don't want to reveal each image bellow one by one.

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Did not expect to see Gaben here. And here we are.

And 1st image is actually the best in terms of qualifying :D

1 year ago

Some of these are so cool! Which prompt did you use?

1 year ago

It's like KFC but with more than 11 secret herbs and spices ;)

But I'll give you an idea. Have your main theme at the beginning as a couple or a few short to long sentences. Describe the scene, the background, what are people / things doing? Follow it up with a bunch of keywords and combos related to what you're going for. Then to mix things up, throw in some sci-fi / fantasy films, artists, actors, models, genres, colours (these don't have to be on theme, it's extra flavour). You can even throw in some rude naughty stuff that isn't an obvious word like sexy. Make it all really mixed up after your main description. Go overboard with it.

If you specifically want a particular person to feature in it, then put them at the start. I did a few with Gabe Newell / Gaben.

Then start refining it after some results by adding extra keywords near the start. If your results are too bright and colourful add the word dark. If it's not spacey enough, add galaxy, planets, spaceship, alien wasteland etc.

Let me know if you post any new stuff.

1 year ago*

Didn't even think to refine it. I'll definitively give it another go with your tips. Thanks ;)

1 year ago

Second attempt:

They are only like 80 percent abominable!

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

And one more:

View attached image.
1 year ago

Ah yes, the soul consuming robocats from outer space, just what we needed this Christmas.

1 year ago

This looks like watching machine xD

1 year ago

Googly eye shall pass, it has enough fuzzy galaxy nebula in the background.

1 year ago

A couple more tries,

One nice looking failure (no Christmas)

The second is almost good

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

The second face is like a 9-year-old's first attempt at taxidermy ;)

1 year ago

xD

1 year ago

If this would be proper Christmas hat, it would be a pass. Now it does not look like anything specific :D

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

Thicc.

1 year ago

It's just an innocent, curvy, supple kitten, you perv 😲

1 year ago

It looks like a nun. It would need more galaxy background to pass though :D
Nice try though. Didn't see cat-nun before.

1 year ago

All you had to do was ask... on my first try.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Don't think Zomby asked for cat nun specifically :D

1 year ago

True and it does look like a nun. My first attempt was the only successful one though. Everything else gave me a nun and a cat in the same picture but no more cat-nuns. Shame.

1 year ago

One more attempt that fits the theme better. I have no idea why the AI decided to put it inside a frame, but eh, it works.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Do you say this cat is innocent, and was just framed by evil dogs??

1 year ago

I got sooooo many cute space cats with "Astronaut Cat in Space in a Santa Hat". AI art is so addictive!!! <3

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

The last one looks like a meme from Top Gun Maverick. Very cool.

1 year ago

Are they all in one style? Or you used the same phrase for many styles?

1 year ago

The first few turned out terrible, but I found the "Astronaut Cat in Space in a Santa Hat" phrase produced a cute picture so I kept using it to get all the above! (The first pic was the first result when I used that phrase in StableDiffusion and I liked it so I kept using it and got so many results I liked!) The last two pics were from using that phrase in DeepAI, if I'm not mistaken. I got the best results by using the fewest and most precise words and the weirdest results from adding in a bunch of descriptive words, the AI gets overwhelmed I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 year ago

Some vintage space cat!

Edit: Added a 2nd set of images that I hope balance Christmas and space cat without too much uncanny.

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Bottom left is adorable. Reminds me of children's books from my childhood. Aaah, the memories...

1 year ago

Do you have any children's books you'd recommend? I still look at them for the art :)

1 year ago

Your screenshot in particular reminded me of a book called "Where the Wild Things Are". I loved it to bits when I was a lil girl. And another one of which I can't remember the name for the life of me. Given my childhood was quite a while ago. ;)

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

Those are great illustrations :) Thanks for sharing!

1 year ago

The first one has an early Kandinsky vibe to it. Digging it.

1 year ago

Kadinsky's paintings look like candy to me. He was ahead of his time!

1 year ago

Heh he definitely was. He would probably do self destructive paintings now ;)

1 year ago

Top right can qualify if you know of Christmas decoration or treat in this shape. I don't :D

1 year ago

I guess that candy cane melted lol. I added a 2nd set to my original post, do any of them qualify? I didn't post a new comment as I wasn't sure enough time had passed, but I can if that's preferred!

1 year ago

Bottom right does!

As long as I get notification, it's fine. Problem would be if you'd add one more image and then be missed, I don't remember how many images were originally uploaded by each person :D

1 year ago

"a cat wearing a Christmas hat opening Christmas presents in outer space with planets around it, hand drawn with pastels"

Dunno what happened with the presents but oh well

View attached image.
1 year ago

You'd need more space. This looks like blue wallpaper with white speckles :D

1 year ago

I thought the 'planets' were good enough haha

2nd attempt:

View attached image.
1 year ago

I hope this red thing is bag with presents. Not that this cat sits on head of another huge cat :sweatsmile:

:ok:

1 year ago

I was thinking more of a cape but a bag works too :D

1 year ago

Some of my earlier tries were... frankly quite creepy so i went for something simpler and crossed my fingers I wouldn't get nightmares from these so here we are. Definitely not the most imaginative.

View attached image.
1 year ago

YE, those are all mostly normal :D

1 year ago

With all your replies in this thread, it was actually hard to find your entry post.

I added your on Steam ;D

1 year ago

Haha I'm a joiner, I can't help commenting on great things ;)

1 year ago

Finlay some success! third time was the charm

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

Last one really blends with the background. At first did not see the hat

1 year ago

https://imgur.com/a/cVIdJn9 my entry qualify?

1 year ago

Yep :D

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago