Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War .. I watched / rewatched most of these Marvels super hero movies in favor of Stan Lee

https://www.marvel.com/movies

5 years ago

Anna and the apocalypse. It sucked big time, I was expecting a horror comedy but instead got a musical set in a zombie apocalypse with some comedy elements.

5 years ago

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167752/ - The 4th Floor(1999)

Really wasn't impressed - wasn't intrigued or scared, it felt very slow. You can give it a pass, though it is a passable watch if you have no other films.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago*

Mary Poppins Returns - Not as good as the original. Musical parts often went on for too long and weren't very memorable/catchy. The cartoon part felt like a cheap knockoff of Don Bluths work (the villain in particular lacked the needed detail in his expressions). I also felt they pushed the darker aspects too much which took away from what should have otherwise been a magical and whimsical film. The bath and balloon scenes were nice though.

Overall I'd rate it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

5 years ago*

5 years ago

Bumblebee

As far as Transformers movies go, this one's pretty good. Focussing on a smaller number of 'bots helps give the movie time to tell it's story at least, and to help all characters involved show more personality than a cardboard cut-out. Obviously, if you're looking for a large-scale battle at the end of the movie like the other ones have, you're out of luck. But the fight scenes that are there are worth a watch. It also works pretty well as a mid-to-late 80's period piece.
The opening scenes on Cybertron also prove that it is possible to have movie-style bots that look a lot closer to their G1 counterparts, and should be a treat for people who've been waiting for that since the first movie came out in 2007.
I'd rate it a 7.5/10 overall.
(Unlike the toyline for the movie. How can you have the main bad guys be triple-changers and not give them toys with 3 modes ?)

5 years ago

I watched Spider-Man Homecoming & Black Panther with my dad. Me and my brother started last year introducing him to the MCU, we're almost done. 3 movies to go and then we are ready to see the new ones when they hit the cinema.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

5 years ago

Das Leben der Anderen 8/10
Call Me by Your Name 9/10
Burning 8/10
Suspiria (2018) 8/10

5 years ago*

Das Leben der Anderen 8/10

Excellent film, that one. I saw it in the cinema and I want to watch it again.

5 years ago

The Big Lebowski - Watched this when it first came out and almost fell asleep. Now 20 years later it was great. 8/10.
The Predator - Shitty sequel that shouldn't be made. 4/10.
Hereditary - Weird and disturbing. Really liked it. 8/10

5 years ago

The last movie I saw is Star Trek: Beyond, and it looks like it will be for a long time given the sequel appears to be cancelled. :(

5 years ago

The Truman Show

One of my favorites.

5 years ago

Andy Vajna died on Sunday, so I just re-watched Total Recall, and plan to re-watch Red Cop.

5 years ago

Focus - 5/10
Good actors and interesting first third. But the rest of the movie was just boring. Only Margot kept me watching it till the end.

Hell or High Water - 6/10
Great actors and relatively realistic setting and script. But there was zero emotional attachment or intellectual challenge.

Also watched the series The Terror. 6/10
Another great cast (Jared Harris is among the very best) but ... holy shit what a terrible story.
But that might just be me, because I get bored by pretty much anything that relies on horror.

5 years ago

I really liked Hell or High Water. I thought the spoiler final farewell between the brothers before the climatic shootout, knowing full well that one of them was probably going to die was pretty emotional. (Not to mention the death of Parker) Also Chris Pine's finest performance to date.

5 years ago*

I agree about Chris Pine's performance. And it was indeed an emotional scene for those two characters, but it didn't shake me the same way other movies achieve.

5 years ago

Polar 👍

5 years ago

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody. Pretty good movie overall, except some wrong historical events. Rami malek was great!

5 years ago

Watched Analyze that, was good and I managed to watch about 2/3 despite my issues with concentration (with pauses, of course, but still in one take), however cringefest at the end made it painful to watch... I might finish it today cause I wanna see the ending.
Other than that, I didn't really watch movies for past couple months, only movies I finished in 2018 were Colossal - good movie with Anne Hathaway who plays it just amazingly, What we do in the shadows - warm and nice movie with athmosphere that made me want to return, and Walter Mitty - kinda simple but warm too. Oh, also Kingsman which is good action movie.

5 years ago

Reign of the Supermen - Underwhelming, also they deviated from the comics in some areas and not for the better.

5 years ago

I need to see that. But I thought it wasn't available until next week.

5 years ago

Glass - was not bad, but not masterpiece either. Classical Shylaman twist ending.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago*

Deleted