Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

American Animals (2018). Recommended by Veebles. Good movie.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Overlord, I think they tried to do somethink like Volfenstein, but very stereotypical.
Bad movie, hopefully it was a free ticket for my bday, it was the only movie I could see whend I remembered about it.

5 years ago

Last two movies I watched were:

• End of Watch (2012): A cop movie shot like a documentation, with people recording it while they move around and do stuff. Has some good moments, but I wouldn't go as far as call it a "must see".
  • Green Room (2015): A horror movie featuring (Sir) Patrick Stewart? That sounds more than just a bit strange. And so is the movie. It basically feels like a B-movie, especially in the amount and quality of violence. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're here for the gore and not for the story.
5 years ago

Reign of the Supermen. Sequel to last years The Death of Superman.

Wasn't bad. The first part was better, though. But it was as close to an accurate telling of the story from the original books as the New 52 DC can do wit the animated universe.

It's amazing, The DC animated movies are fantastic. Yet the DC live action ones are crap. Go figure.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement.

Kinda disappointing. You wouldn't be able to follow it if you've not watched the 2 seasons of the series before it. It's also supposed to be the final chapter for the series, but there's a truckload of continuity issues/undone character development and the like.
It's also just lacking the intensity of the series, and the fake CGI blood that shows up a lot looks really fake. The other special effects also look like they're done on the low end of tv-series budget.
I'd rate it a 4 out of 10, mostly because the actors involved manage to stick to their roles even if the script works against that.

5 years ago

Aquaman and Godzilla the planet eater
Aquaman was great 10/10
story was good, humor was great and the Action scenes were awesome.

Godzilla the planet eater 3/10
this was really, really disappointing terrible way to end a trilogy

5 years ago

that bar scene was epic, it didn't turned into a cliche
and the jokes

5 years ago

Glass

5 years ago

Unsane, could have been better. Up next is The Nun and Upgrade.

5 years ago

Quiet Flows the Don - truly epic tale that follows the inhabitants of a Cossack village as the events of WW1 and the Russian Revolution wash over them, throwing their lives into chaos, disruption and divisiveness. Battles (some terrific cavalry charges), family feuds, suicides, adultery, drunken revelries, political grandstanding and summary executions abound. I got a little lost in the politics now an then, but overall 6 hours of my life very well spent.

BlacKkKlansman - Terrific, funny and very entertaining send-up of current race politics in America via some very similar (but not the same) shit that happened in the 1970s. Gets a wee bit heavy-handed at times, but then, so did Capra and, overall, it's a minor complaint.

The Girl in the Spider's Web - lacks the character development, story arc and overall oompf of the previous installments. Basically, it's a Mission Impossible mission without the turbocharge - result, snoozefest.

5 years ago

5 years ago

IO
Post-apocalyptic sci-fi that doesn't get the science right and is really low on plot. 3/10

5 years ago

5 years ago

Polar on Netflix. It was pretty good. Madds Mickelsen is just a badass.

7/10

5 years ago

Aquaman. It was ok. Pretty visuals and Mamoa is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything, but the movie was too long, there was a lot of plot elements that fell apart as soon as you think about them and it feels like they were trying to copy Marvel. Seriously, if it weren't for the DC logo at the start and the fact that Aquaman is a DC character, the film could have easily been passed off as a Marvel flick.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Cold War (2018)

It's basically "A Star Is Born" (2018) but actually good. No wonder it's nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2019 Oscars.

5 years ago

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

5 years ago

Victoria
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4226388/

rough. heavy. 2 unstoppable hours.

(more than) recommended by Brett, also man of
"Films To Be Buried With" podcast
https://play.acast.com/s/filmstobeburiedwith

View attached image.
5 years ago

Aquaman 👍

Poseidon 👍

5 years ago

1. The Revenant. 7/10 (story crept for too long, but overall it's a good movie)
  2. Black Mirror: Bandersnatch ?/10 (planning on doing all the endings. I dove 1 hour into it and enjoyed a lot! Specially the LSD part lmao)
  3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail 9/10 (never gets old)
  4. Django Unchained 8/10 (one of my favs)
  5. Inglourious Basterds 8/10 (one of my favs aswell!)
5 years ago

The old man & the gun (2018). Again thanks to Veebles. Nice movie, full of nostalgia.
Loved the piano at the jewelry store:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3QlwBHt1rU&list=PLDisKgcnAC4QaL9g9iBMJ7DFUvV_JOqzJ&index=16

5 years ago

A Film Unfinished - a movie about a movie about the Warsaw Ghetto. Not for the faint of heart.
Force of Evil - The movie that made Martin Scorsese want to make movies. Terrific crime noir about a crooked lawyer embroiled in the numbers racket.

5 years ago

Saw Tag the oter day.

You know, it was actually not that bad. And it's based off of actual events as recorded in the Wall Street Journal. After finding that out, it became more fascinating.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.