UK: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/435313/holiday-surprise-box-2016 £5 = 6€
AU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/au/product/435318/holiday-surprise-box-2016 $A9 = 6.4€
EU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/435323/holiday-surprise-box-2016 6.5€
NA: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435312/holiday-surprise-box-2016-pc-download $10 = 9.5€

LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII

GOETIA [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN INTRO PACK [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD [PC DOWNLOAD]

20% Off Next Purchase (Digital Catalog Games Only, exclude Preorder) - (usable 1 time)

50% Off HITMAN Upgrade Pack [PC Download] - (usable 1 time) <-- -75% at gamestop for Full Pack and Upgrade Pack

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/hitman-upgrade-pack/128559
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hitman-full-experience/123742

According to my sources, EU might work as guest checkout. But there's no guarantees.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Mentioned above but my new guess is Dragon Quest Heroes, at £24.99 it seems like a reasonable price to be the "big" title in the bundle and it would still leave decent money to add "6" other games(MMO access and a double pack).

7 years ago

I would love that actually. I bought this with a friend and he loves Dragon Quest and really wants to try FF XIV!

7 years ago

I'd love it too! Highly wishlisted game, its probably totally messing with my logic and its a wild excited guess. I think its more realistic than I initially hoped though! I'm not sure if the Dragon Quest brand is strong enough to carry the bundle though, personally it is, I'm not sure they'd put it ahead of HITMAN, Tomb Raider or FF as the big game though.

7 years ago

Are the keys region locked

7 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/CC2I3O3 the games are region locked.

7 years ago

99.9% of Square Enix stuff doesn't have region locks.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Ooh totally forgot to add it yesterday. Now it's there.

7 years ago

If you really want to link everything, there is also Germany, France, New Zealand and Japan ^^

7 years ago

Are any of them cheaper? :3

7 years ago

I don't think so :/ I tried to open the other one but actually it won't let me open something else apart FR, EU ans US (and I discover that if you go on US, Singapore and Hong Kong appeared, way too much liiiiiiink ^^)
But yeah, FR price is same as EU one...

7 years ago

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Lightning Returns is gonna be in the next bundle, not this one - since many people are likely to buy this one thinking the game might be in it, so they can save that one for another mystery box in the future instead.

7 years ago

That would be nice if they did so, I'd gladly take another Final Fantasy game (except MMOs) over the sequel of a game I can't even run.

7 years ago

Similar thinking but I can run it, but I haven't played the 2nd because I hated the first so much.

7 years ago

Is there anyone from Russia or CIS here who bought previous boxes? Did the keys activated?

7 years ago

How long do their confrimation emails take

7 years ago

Im hoping for lighting returns and x-x2

7 years ago

Welp, ended up getting it, first time for me, hope I don't regret it :P
FF III, IV, IX or X would be nice.

7 years ago

Just pre-ordered and received a "Life is Strange" key with my pre-order.
Does anyone know if this is the full game? Looks like it is when I try to activate it (already own it), but I'd like to be sure. :3

7 years ago

Is this a trick against the inevitable refunds, giving people a key immediately? Such Squeenix, many insidious, wow.

I can sure donate my time to tell you what exactly your key does ;3

7 years ago

...but Tzaar is in the US IIRC, and they don't get any refunds like people from the EU do. Strange. Well, life is strange, right?

Also, I know it's a joke, but I've seen cases where people were joking and still got suspended for begging, might be worth editing that comment just to be safe.

7 years ago

I merely said I can check what his key does. I have the game on this account and I'm a wizard.

7 years ago

Didn't see anyone else mentioning this in the thread. Looks like you're getting special treatment :)

...and since the first episode is free now, there shouldn't be any need for keys for it, so I would guess it's the full game.

7 years ago

Yeah, I checked the thread before I posted, but didn't see where anyone else received it.
I wasn't sure if it was an early unlock for the bundle, or a bonus ... or what?

View attached image.
7 years ago

Almost looks like you added Life is Strange to the basket together with the Surprise box when checking out. Nothing strange with the total? $9.99 as it was supposed to be?

7 years ago

Nope, it was $9.99 just as it was supposed to be.
Color me confused.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Either they just changed something, or you're just lucky and got an extra bonus :)

Let's wait and see if more report the same thing.

Life is Strange would be nice, now I consider getting the box, even though I had planned not to buy any games for myself this year. I'll try to stay strong :D

7 years ago

Do you not have Life is Strange?
You can have my key if you'd like.

7 years ago

Wait, if I would say yes to that, wouldn't that be asking for a key on the forum = suspension?

View attached image.
7 years ago

No, lmao, because I offered. Shoot me an add on Steam and it's yours.

7 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/wePKPdG

Says it's only episode 1, so you can just trash it. :X

7 years ago

It's only Episode 1

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282531/life-is-strange-pc-download

Otherwise you'd have this one listed.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282534/life-is-strange-complete-season-episodes-1-5-pc-download

Was about to buy the bundle myself to see, but then figured I'd do a quick search.

7 years ago

Ah, cool, thanks for the heads up, Incariuz :3
Well, I guess tso184 can trash the key now, LOL.

7 years ago

Haha. Weird.
"Pre order now, and get a free Steam key!" We really mean free

Can't see why they even still have keys for it, when it's possible to just download it through Steam without any need for a key.

7 years ago

... at least they didn't include it in the box. :X

7 years ago

they have in the past o_o who is to say they won't do it again ahhhhhh

7 years ago

The key still can be used to farm the trading cards.

7 years ago

Hey Tzaar,any chance you would trade/buy the Square enix box for something out of your whishlist? with some + that you also gain something out of it.

7 years ago

Does that means Humble Bundle is better than these boxes?

7 years ago

I'll pass

7 years ago

if i buy in EU store, will it get region locked?

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

madjoki has pointed out several times in this thread that SE games for the most part do NOT have region locks.

Now, he may be wrong, but we'll have to wait and see.

7 years ago

During the last SE sale I risked and bought Lightning Returns and FF X/X-2 from the North American store and the keys activated fine even though I'm from Europe, so I guess it depends on the game.

7 years ago

I've got almost all of these surprise boxes. There's always been something worth the price inside, hope this time isn't different.

7 years ago

Its so cheap and there are "7" games. Practically any 1 in 7 Squeenix game is worth the price, I wouldn't worry! :3

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

Okay, bought it. If it's too much Final Fantasy, I can just give it away. Geez, I didn't even remember how much their store sucks.
It won't even let me select English for language. How can they assume, that just because I'm from Germany, that I want to
use the store in German? And how dare they address me with "du" (for those, who don't speak German, it's the casual
form to address someone, used with children or people you know) ... that's presumptuous!

7 years ago

Ahahaha lol

7 years ago

A funeral home or conservative political party will always address you formally, while a hip young startup or teen-focused phone carrier or video game company or far-left leaning political party will consider the informal approach more fitting.

My favourite pet peeve is whether "du" then is capitalised or not :)

P.S.: I strongly prefer shopping Not-From-Germany at Squeenix, keeping games like Kane & Lynch or Sleeping Dogs in mind

7 years ago

Well, they may consider themselves hip or teen-focused all they want, I still did not give them permission to address me with "du". So perhaps I should buy my computer games at a funeral home next time? :-) They also could have avoided that issue entirely, by simply letting me set the language to English, the dropdown for that feature already exists, it just doesn't offer any option other than German.

And yes, funny that you should mention the capitalization issue. I'm old enough to be taught the rule that "Du" is strictly to be capitalized, until they changed the rule, that it may not be capitalized. And then they changed it yet again, that it may be capitalized under certain circumstances. German orthography is crazy.

As for shopping at one of their sites outside Germany, they always seem to redirect me back to the German site. Probably the only way to avoid that would using a VPN, which would have been overkill. I also didn't want risk getting a key, that I might not be able to activate on my account (e.g. Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition).

7 years ago

There are people who literally drive across the border to activate games. Then again, with Sleeping Dogs Illegal Region Lock Edition it's a bit more amusing.

7 years ago

Are the games in the pack usually steam codes or you download them directly from Square Enix website?

7 years ago

Steam codes
And probably a voucher for the SE website

7 years ago

Is there any significance to the country and shipping address? I get redirected to the EU store, but my country (Israel) is no listed. Should I just fill in bogus country / address?

7 years ago

Shud work.

7 years ago

I used a bogus address in Italy and it was confirmed. Delivery is listed in the confirmation email as "Download", so I guess it should be fine.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Think I'll just buy whatever I'm interested in on steamtrades once it come out ...

7 years ago

This is my first suprise box. Figured since its cheap i'll buy it. If not for anything else, at least Final Fantasy games are worth it. Any would do. I don't own any on Steam yet. Missed out on the previous ones + Humble Bundle deals. Based on the previous boxes i can assume it's worth the £5 either way, unless you already own most of Square Enix games.

7 years ago

Hi! i have read a little of comments here, i woud llike to buy this surprise box, but, its worth it?
It says is worth more than 70€ so that means at least one very good game?

7 years ago

Depende de tus gustos, si mirás la lista de las anteriores cajas sorpresa te das una idea...por ejemplo las 2 últimas desde mi punto de vista valen mucho la pena (lástima que no estaba enterado y no las compre).
Si te gustan los juegos de square-enix yo te diria que ni te lo pienses que quedan pocos dias xD

7 years ago

It has nothing to do with how good or not good the games are. If you like the idea of 'Hitman intro pack' and some Final Fantasy game, maybe Final Fantasy MMO (non-Steam) content, and the other things speculated commonly in this thread, then it can be worth the 6€, depending on how much you usually like to spend on games..

7 years ago

I just bought it, when exactly are the games showed up? on 20th?

7 years ago

Yes.

7 years ago

Yes, the 20th (next Tuesday), just a few hours before (or after) the new Humble Square Enix Re-Re-Rebundle is revealed...
Of course, this eventual Humble Square Enix Re-Bundle is just a speculation, although it's highly likely it will happen soon.
They have to squeeze the last tiny bit of profit from those decades old Eidos games, after all :3

7 years ago

So, being from EU, I can wait for the new humble bundle and if I prefer to buy that, I can cancel the square enix box and buy the bundle instead?

7 years ago

Depends on if they send keys directly without asking you to reveal.

If you've seen the key, you can't refund anymore as per laws.

7 years ago

Guess how they sent the keys last year? Already revealed, of course.
How nice of them, we didn't even have to bother to do it by ourselves.

Refunds? Sorry, if you revealed the keys you can't...
W-What? EU laws allow refunds anyway? Crap, our plan backfired!

I'm currently on mobile, I'll add extra info later.
I read reports about successful refunds on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3vy5r4/square_enix_store_2015_holiday_surprise_box_5/cy3viga/

7 years ago*

The last year they sent the keys already revealed, in an e-mail titled "Your Square Enix Holiday Surprise Box 2015 is ready".
And just a few days later, there was a bundle on Humble, including a few repeats, but not enough to justify a refund request (Final Fantasy XIII alone made the box purchase worthy).

But if you are from the EU bought from the EU store, they cannot refuse a refund request, as long as it's made within 14 days (from the delivery, since they're digital products). By the way, if you want to buy it, today is the last day for preorders, so do it quickly.

7 years ago*

Thanks for the explanation! I've bought it a few days ago and can't wait to see what's in the box since it's my first truly blind purchase!! Only 3 more hours to go!

7 years ago

Nope. The codes will be available on the 20th. However, they will reveal what you got
one day earlier:
"The 7 awesome games will be revealed shortly after midday GMT on December 19th.
Since they´ll be delivered as individual games, you´ll be able to spread the festive cheer by gifting them to your friends!"

Midday 19th GMT, that's 1pm on Monday for me here in Germany.

7 years ago

Arlgiht, thanks.

7 years ago

2 more days bump

7 years ago

for the key but 24 for know the game

"The 7 awesome games will be revealed shortly after midday GMT on December 19th."

7 years ago

My e-mail said: prepurchase available until the 19th, reveal on the 20th.
I preordered on the first day though, did they really anticipate the reveal by 1 day?

7 years ago

Question to those with experience with these boxes... can I buy 2 and send one to gf?

7 years ago

I have 2 orders using the same credit card and both are validated and accessible on my profile (no keys yet though) so... yes?

Oh and its not like indiegala or HB gift, but you can forward the email they send you with the keys or the keys from your profile to your gf.

7 years ago*

Yes you can. A friend bought it for himself and me once, because I didn't have PayPal yet.

7 years ago

I bit the bullet and bought it from the UK version of the site... how much time does it take for the order to get validated?

EDIT: Took around half an hour to be validated ,

Dear Customer

Your order is now completed. We thank you for your confidence.

Please note that your purchase is made between you and Scalefast SAS, a Square Enix EU
trusted and authorized merchant for the Square Enix EU products. If you paid by credit card, please look
for Square Enix EU on your billing statement.

7 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.