So far..

It's still going on, 49 hours so far, will go until he finishes the game, collecting all collectibles.

The Stram

Donations are going to Mermaids, a support and advocacy group for trans Youth in the UK.

Info on it

Secret Little Haven will also be doanting all profits for 2 months to Mermaids.

Thanks Harris and all the peeps on stream For being great allies and doing this

And Thanks Graham Linehan for causing so many donations out of spite.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i don't like watching streams, but wishlisted Secret Little Haven:

A love letter to every confused kid who used media to cope with their pain, and not really knowing why. That healing salve to the pain of the Real World that doesn’t understand you

also: kinda clever way to support the cause, <3

5 years ago

was checking the dev, found out there's a -second- Queer Games bundle...

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9155/Queer_Games_Bundle_2/

(already have 2064 and A Normal Lost Phone ...didn't know those were "queer"!)

5 years ago

A normal lost phone and Secret Little Haven are actually pretty similar, They're both have you follow the journey of a young trans girl figuring out her identity through the internet.

And I'm also not a fan of streams or Donkey Kong but what is happening is amazing. Trans support has never really been this big. It's trending everywhere, Laura Jane Grace retweeted it, and Chelsea Manning came on stream.

5 years ago

don't know much about trans, thou, was browsing Twitter (also cause i really didn't know who Laura was) and results are just... great. Plus a "hit" like Chelsea should really have helped the cause.

that said:

not a fan of ... Donkey Kong

you really should check your settings of auto-correct or something. cause that wasn't intentional, am i right??

5 years ago

Platform games really aren't my thing.And like half of Nintendo's charaters freak me out.

5 years ago

<3

5 years ago

That's kind of a giant spoiler.

5 years ago

When they wrote they owned it, I read it as they played it, which rereading it, seems I was wrong.

5 years ago

I mean for A Normal Lost Phone, discovering who the phone belongs to is most of the point of the game.

5 years ago

I'm guessing you haven't yet played A Normal Lost Phone yet? ;)

It's a pretty good puzzle game, though granted I like these "found phone" style games. One particular puzzle stumped me, but the rest were pretty straight forward, and it wraps up the story and why you found the phone in the first place pretty well. It's a pretty short game, and if you play it, I think you'll understand why it's included in the queer games bundle. :)

5 years ago

you're right, not yet played. but my gameplay "style" is often kinda psycho. goes from 15 seconds to 150 hours, this one was one of those "45 seconds", iirc :P

btw, your comment -plus other i'm reading- made me think: why no giveaways, here? cause our site still (luckily, imo) works that way.
so, if you want/need to show some support for a cause you care, give away a few games (even better if related to that cause)

let's dig!

5 years ago

I was in the stream last night when it was under $100k, this is so wild but so amazing. I'm glad we're able to rise above the anger and do good, things are getting better even if it's slowly.

5 years ago

I joined at the 14 hour mark, it's it's just gotten so big it's amazing. Like Holy Shit, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just popped into the stream.

I've never seen trans awareness and support so big before! It's been such a long time since there was this much positivity in and towards the trans community.

5 years ago

JenniTheEmoDuchess,
thanks for this thread and mentioning Secret Little Haven! I purchased it with some Steam credit and am trying to give it some visibility via a Discord I'm in and other message boards I'm on.

I don't often see LGBT+ positive posts on this site, in fact, it's generally the opposite. So yeah, this was really nice to come across :)

5 years ago

I don't often see LGBT+ positive posts on this site, in fact, it's generally the opposite. So yeah, this was really nice to come across :)

Pretty much like the rest of the world. There are allies and enemies everywhere. I'd say the response to the Pride thread was pretty good and "antagonistic" response was pretty mild compared to other places online.

I didn't know about the Secret Little Haven though and I'm sure a lot of others hadn't either so it's always a good thing to share.

5 years ago

Yeah, created a few trans visibility threads before and it has not gone well.

Not just sg, but I haven't seen trans support so big on the internet before, it's really fucking awesome. It's great to have a bunch of positivity towards and in the trans community. This really is great.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Any post about lgbt rights or visibility always turns into a shitfest of people saying how wrong 'gross and immoral they are. And half of them the op starts them off that way. I haven't seen a post about the lgbt community not folled with negitivity until rn 'cause this website is finally dying.

5 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/8vzQD/the-end-of-the-world-is-nigh

I will admit that I don't browse this forum often, mainly because of the LGBT+ "opinions" I've come across.
That is the first thread that came to mind when I had posted earlier. That OP is disgusting.
Also, for a short time a few months back I chatted in the SteamGifts Discord and needless to say, there are a few users in there that are not supportive of LGBT+ (aka they are shitty people) and when I called them out on their bigotry, I was told "bigotry goes both ways" and that I was being intolerant of their "opinions". Nah, no need to hang out there (and I really have not since).

5 years ago

Hadn't read about it at all. I'm going to shoot a mail to HumbleBundle to add Mermaids to their list of charities, I can't find it there.

And Thanks Graham Linehan for causing so many donations out of spite.

Finally we found use for that old thing.

5 years ago

Finally, an excuse to buy Secret Little Haven! I've had it wishlisted for a while.

Out of curiosity, how did you hear about it donating all its profits to Mermaid for the next few months? I couldn't find an announcement about it.

5 years ago

The creator came on stream and announced it.

5 years ago

Awesome!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.