i have sometimes the Problem that i cant contact the winners of my Giveaways
they dont mark giveaway as received or something and declining my Steamfriends Request, steam profile comment also not available
thats why im asking for a Pin Board on the Steamgifts User Profile Page, to add a comment: "Hey you won this Giveaway" with a Link of it
or to ask why he marked it first as received and after 5 months as not received without reason
i have sometimes a lot of problems because of this, must work only with support tickets and they take up to two months

at the moment i have mostly not the option to contact the people

Edit:
For People who dont want the Pin-Board should it be Deactivatable in the Users setting for themselves

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

You have the winner's e-mail.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

a Pin-Board wouldnt hurt someone
when they decline friends request is there a low chance for responding my email
it would be an add of possibilities

7 years ago

I use my email maybe once a week. When I do, I only check the last few days.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

You have their email address, plus their Steam profile where you can write if they left open their wall, but I just shoot them a message through Steam chat.
I would like sound notifications implemented here, for messages, wins (Imagine that SpaceCat! :O ) etc...

7 years ago

to be fair, most people only check their mail addresses when they're waiting for something to be sent to them

7 years ago

True, but then again - Steam chat. Best option available.

7 years ago

Spacecat should play rickroll

7 years ago

Definitely! :D

7 years ago

i don't want a place for people to annoy me like that, if someone wants to contact me they have several ways as it is. just email them telling them they won and then file a ticket with support for "request giveaway feedback" with a screenshot of the email, a couple of days (not months) later it will be resolved.

that's just another place you will be ignored if they don't wish to speak to you as it is.

View attached image.
7 years ago*

and what?
instead of saying that you want that the pinboard can be deactivated in the users settings, you wanna decline it for everyone?
you make the decision for all of us?
come down with your ego
just add to the suggestion that it must be able to deactivate by the users

7 years ago

pfff lol, guess you don't like anyone with a opinion that differs from yours. :P

common sense says if you are ignored two places already, the third won't be any different.. but whatever.

7 years ago

its easier to be against the complete suggestion as to discuess about possible problems
why not "hey, i dont want the pin board, it should be deactivatable" or something like that

also for your next sentence that rhe users are able to ignored too
discuess and help with resolves...

7 years ago

"i don't want a place for people to annoy me like that" =/= "i do not want this suggestion added for anyone what so ever"

instead of saying i have some ego i do not have, you could read that it's talking about my personal feelings about the subject.

i could honestly give a shit less if this feature is added or not, that doesn't mean i'm not allowed to voice my distaste for it.

7 years ago

i take that with the ego back and im saying sry for that

7 years ago

it's all good. ^^

7 years ago

Edit:
For People who dont want the Pin-Board should it be Deactivatable in the Users setting for themselves

Overall, I don't think it's a bad idea, but wouldn't this point just cancel out the benefit? If they're ignoring you on Steam, maybe they'll just turn this off and continue to ignore?

7 years ago

you right, but it wouldnt be 100% of users
even the half would reduce my support tickets

7 years ago

My thoughts exactly.
People who don't allow comments on their steam profile most likely wouldn't activate that either, I'd say.

7 years ago

I'd sit by it all day, waiting for Elunes to pin a message. ;_;

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

But... if they already visit the SG and see notification about new pins, they'll also see notification about the winnings...

7 years ago

when it would really so i wouldnt have all those problems

5 months ago i maked a giveaway and the user with level 6+ marked it directly as received
last week i saw he maked it as not received, checked hiss steam profile and the game is still in his account
cant contact him, is declining friend request, so started support ticket where i know i have to wait 2 months

other user 4 months ago won giveaway, activated it in his account and didnt gave me a feedback
steam always offline, just steamgifts he comes online, started ticket, 2 months later ticket got approved and feedback changed to received from support
last week, the user changed this giveaway again to not received... the same giveaway...

i dont know, have to go asylum because of those people
a Pinboard would help me by people who doesnt come online on steam, but on steamgifts

7 years ago

ahh i didn't catch that it was the same user that did that too you from the op description.. it sux for you, however it's almost a good thing too.. if it was already changed once for you, if support has to do it again, that user should be perma-suspended for false feedback and will no longer be anyones problem here... so at least there is a little bit of good that should come out of it. xD

and idk why it took 2months last time, but it shouldnt at all this time.. that's why i included a photo in my earlier reply, to show you i had 3x of them done just yesterday and the ticket was only made ~28hours prior. ^^

7 years ago

by me a re roll takes 24 hours, but wrong feedback 2 months
dont know why

7 years ago

if CG (admin) has to do it for some reason or another, then yeah it would end up being 2-6months.. but in most general cases the admin shouldn't be needed and regular support staff can handle it rather quickly.

admin's needed in cases where copy count needs alteration, or when someones entry actually needs to be removed instead of just the feedback change.

7 years ago

Yeah... the first user probably sold the key, marked as not received now to pass sgtools check... you should report them. No pins will help with people being jerks, sadly.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.