Edit 2: If you've sent a request to join the group, please feel free to post here to let me know. I may not check SG every day and I try to check the groups often but it doesn't hurt to let me know.

Edit: I just wanted to say, both of the curators are under construction right now but I hope to be adding a lot more titles soon. Suggest away, I've already gotten some great ideas in the comments and I'm writing all of these down! Thank you for the outpouring of support!

Recently, I think I'd hit the lowest point in my life. Really only my boyfriend is privy to that knowledge which is why it may come as a surprise for those of you who know me so don't be concerned. It's why I try to be bubbly to everyone, I'm genuinely happier now. Out of the ashes, I want to spring forth some exciting things in my life. I want to do the things on my bucket list that I was always too shy to do.

One of those things is give my opinion more. One day I want to make YouTube reviews (maybe not just for video games) but for now I'd like to start with some small curators and write more. I enjoy writing a lot more than I thought I would, and I think I'm good at it. Maybe you'll think I'm okay too.

I'd like to share my curators with the community if that's okay. Just check them out, no need to interact or follow. Communities can be fun though.

The first curator (yes, I made TWO! I can't 100% answer why!) is called Couples Games. I said to myself that if I ever made a curator that it would be based around games for couples because I always had a difficult time finding co-op games compatible online. I'm in a long-distance relationship and playing co-op games online with my friends is something I've done for years. It reviews co-op games and gives ideas & tips of how to best play them, typically in a duo setting.

The group is a more exclusive join, for now I let anyone join who applies and has a non-spammy profile, but I intended it more as a group for couples who are long-distance and their friends to post and chat in the forums. I am not going to sort only by LDR couples but maybe I can do that some day.

The second curator is called CheapEasyGood100. While also being my nickname back in college (ha like I went to college in this economy) it's a mostly single-player-focused curator because that is what I focus on. I'm not an achievement hunter - I don't have the stamina or will - but I do enjoy the little badge that accompanies a 100% completed game on Steam. I also like trophy cases. This curator aims to chronicle the games that I encounter in my travels.

"I enjoy playing games that can be finished in one weekend that cost roughly $20 USD or less and can easily bring you to 100% completion. No cheap, poor quality, or numbers farming games here. These are nice games that you should actually play," is the group tagline. This curator focuses on achievement completion time and prefers a lower price so it will hopefully help people who a) don't have a lot of free time b) don't want to break the bank c) are achievements farming.

The group in the future will be more open and join-at-will. (Spam bots.) The only requirement is an interest in gaming.

Anyways, if you're still here, thank you. There will be no group-exclusive giveaway contests, this is not an announcement for that sort of group. This is for curators and if you don't like my writing style flaked with a little occasional humor then you're probably not going to want to follow. Thank you for reading regardless :).

I'm extremely open to feedback regarding any aspect of the groups and the curators. Just keep in mind the only thing I can't do is rename them - I'd have to delete the group and start a new one all over to change that really.

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What is your interest?

View Results
Co-op games
Achievement games
Cheap games
Short games
All of the above
Answer below! Or I have feedback!

bump)

1 year ago

Thank you! 💜 I hope you have a lovely weekend!

1 year ago

Many thanks! mutually)

1 year ago

Couples Games now has a giveaway for Distrust if you follow the links through my announcements since we can't select the game as a giveaway option on the site.

1 year ago*

bump to Gina ❤️❤️

1 year ago

💜💜💜

1 year ago

Good luck!

1 year ago

Thank you! It's greatly appreciated! :)

1 year ago

About couple games i had a lot of fun with totally reliable delivery service , and before nintendo release the $25€ dlc i had lot of fun with animal crossing new horizon too.

about singleplayer i like so much space,stealth,adventure and games with physic , astroneer,sekiro,teardown,deusex,witcher3 etc , good luck with group.

1 year ago

Good luck with the group. I usually never bother about achievements, I have it on ignore in steam. But the. "couple games" sounds like a useful one. I really recommend Left 4 dead. A decade later, it's still amazing. Also, I recently played with a friend It takes too, it's a co-op platform that takes the concept of Honey I Shrunk the Kids and instead shrinks two bickering parents down to the size of small dolls. It's a lot of fun

1 year ago

Thank you! Oh, yeah, I need to make sure I have Left 4 Dead reviewed on there, that's a great idea! It Takes Two was actually one of the games that inspired me to start the curator so that's a wonderful suggestion as well, thank you so much! 💜I loved that game, my partner and I had so much fun haha.

1 year ago

If you haven't before, check out the two previous games by the creator of It Take Two; A Way Out, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Both excellent games that make for good co-op.

1 year ago

Thank you for the suggestion! I haven't gotten a review out for Brothers yet but I have one for A Way Out and I agree, they're all great games!

1 year ago

Best of luck with both groups. I applied to both and followed both curator. I'm glad to hear that you aren't a low point anymore. I know it sucks because I am there and is still there. But I think it is good that you can find something that interests you to do and work on.

1 year ago

Thank you. That is so sweet. Keeping myself busy really helps a lot. There's no one easy fix and I wish I could be more helpful but finding some value in myself during my downtime has helped me a lot personally. I hope that you find what helps you soon and that you can share tips with me one day :). Good luck to you and I wish you well. I hope things get better soon.

1 year ago

Thank you. I think being busy is good. It helps because when you are alone and you got nothing to keep your mind busy it'll wonder. That is where it'll go to dark places. Life sucks and it isn't easy. Not for everyone. Count these things you do as small victories that add up. Compare yourself to your yesterday self. As long as you feel and see improvement you are on the right path.

1 year ago

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth :). I agree 100%. Not everyone can alter their circumstances but with a lot of willpower and determination, you can alter how you choose to interact with life and that makes a huge difference. As long as you're trying to better yourself, even in the smallest of ways, that is some victory. I would tell anyone to hang in there. Life is indeed rough and no matter what you do it will always be rough sometimes. But hang in there maybe even just for the curiosity of tomorrow and the hope of a happier day some day. Maybe someone needed to hear this.

1 year ago

Yea, I hope this helped someone, anyone.

1 year ago

I wish you the best with the curations and that you are well soon.

Shy ;-P

1 year ago

Thanks!

1 year ago

Bump! : ) GLHF!

1 year ago

Thank you kindly!

1 year ago

Good luck :)

1 year ago

Thank you! 💜

1 year ago

Good Luck ! ^_^v

1 year ago

Thank you and welcome! :)

1 year ago

Queen G, slayyyyy!

1 year ago

Okay guuuuuuuurl! 💃💅😳🙏

1 year ago

Good luck and have fun with the curations :)

1 year ago

Aw thanks man! Glad to see you!

1 year ago

Hey there, I joined the CEG100 group and subbed to the curator - as a person who likes 100% completions, but doesn't like to bog down their profile with trash, it seems right up my alley!

1 year ago

Yay, I'm so glad that this appeals to you! Honestly that was the one that I'm most on the edge about - I'm not sure it would appeal to the broadest audience, but I knew there was a market! I'm glad to have proof that a community exists.

1 year ago

I think it's a super good idea to have a couples curator! The second one also seems interesting.
Good luck and I hope you have fun with it!
💜

1 year ago

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback! 💜

1 year ago

the second one is my favorite since I like completing games and playing alone :3
amazing <3

1 year ago

Thank you so much for the support 💜

1 year ago

I like playing coop with my friends sometimes, but playing alone still my thing so i followed both. I already applied to join the second group, but refrained from joining the first group since I don't have a couple (: . Wish you a good luck!

1 year ago

Thank you so much! Welcome to the pack and I hope you enjoy your stay! 😄

1 year ago

Good luck with both your groups! I joined the CheapEasyGood100 cuz it looks interesting on the games u have chosen. i don't really play co op games. I hope your outlook on life just gets better and better!! :)

1 year ago

Thank you, I hope so too! I appreciate your kind words! Thanks for letting me know and I'm so glad you found some of the games I picked interesting, that's so cool to hear! :)

1 year ago

I don't care about achievements, but I do enjoy good short games for when I don't have a ton of time or the dedication to play something long. These are some of the shorter games that I enjoyed a lot.

Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons
Last Day Of June
Papo & Yo
A Short Hike
ABZU
Gone Home
The Room series
A Story About My Uncle

1 year ago

I have to agree with most of that series and thank you very much for the recommendations/reminders! I have a few recommendations in my brain that I just need to write a review for and put the pen to paper, as they say, so I shall be getting to them soon thanks to you :). For some others, such as Last Day of June, thank you for putting that on my radar! Oh, and I already got to A Short Hike, it inspired me a lot!

You may be interested in following the achievements curator for the longform reviews that I may write but I understand if mentions of achievements are not your kind of talk. I use howlongtobeat (and other resources) to calculate achievement times for every game, therefore they will give you an indication on games that are shorter in length, you can just ignore the mentions of achievs.

Regardless, sorry for talking your head off and thanks for your time!

1 year ago

I already joined the curator :)

I loved A Short Hike. I really enjoy exploring in games and finding and talking to all the characters was a lot of fun. They did a good job giving the characters different personalities and making the conversations interesting.

1 year ago

Aw, there I go, sorry about that! 😂 Thank you for joining and I hope you enjoy your stay. I agree with you entirely. I love playing relaxing, calm games like that where I can where I can have a good time and get good vibes. They did a really good job with the humor and it never got stale. It was one of the games that inspired me to start achievement hunting more like them once I'd heard about it on YouTube.

1 year ago

Bump!

1 year ago

Thanks lovely! 💜

1 year ago

Both of these things are something I am interested in! Followed them both, thanks!

1 year ago

That's so awesome! Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy hanging out with us! :)

1 year ago

A few ideas for your CheapEasyGood100 group, I'm sure you know some of them already. Didn't check the price tbh, but think they'll fit in with the description.

Assemble with Care
The Count Lucanor
Emily is Away Too
Haven Park
Islanders
Kindergarten
Please Knock on my Door
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

1 year ago

You are getting a bit obscure now my good gentlesir. tips hat I am impressed. Thank you for the recommendations and thank you for the support! 💜

1 year ago

I am sure those curator pages will be useful!
It's great your opinion will get out there, you have given me great suggestions in the past.

1 year ago

You are too sweet! Thank you so much! Btw Viking runs a great chess blog lol! plug 😝

1 year ago

Bump

1 year ago

Thank you!

1 year ago

Bump

1 year ago

Thanks!