Edit 2: If you've sent a request to join the group, please feel free to post here to let me know. I may not check SG every day and I try to check the groups often but it doesn't hurt to let me know.

Edit: I just wanted to say, both of the curators are under construction right now but I hope to be adding a lot more titles soon. Suggest away, I've already gotten some great ideas in the comments and I'm writing all of these down! Thank you for the outpouring of support!

Recently, I think I'd hit the lowest point in my life. Really only my boyfriend is privy to that knowledge which is why it may come as a surprise for those of you who know me so don't be concerned. It's why I try to be bubbly to everyone, I'm genuinely happier now. Out of the ashes, I want to spring forth some exciting things in my life. I want to do the things on my bucket list that I was always too shy to do.

One of those things is give my opinion more. One day I want to make YouTube reviews (maybe not just for video games) but for now I'd like to start with some small curators and write more. I enjoy writing a lot more than I thought I would, and I think I'm good at it. Maybe you'll think I'm okay too.

I'd like to share my curators with the community if that's okay. Just check them out, no need to interact or follow. Communities can be fun though.

The first curator (yes, I made TWO! I can't 100% answer why!) is called Couples Games. I said to myself that if I ever made a curator that it would be based around games for couples because I always had a difficult time finding co-op games compatible online. I'm in a long-distance relationship and playing co-op games online with my friends is something I've done for years. It reviews co-op games and gives ideas & tips of how to best play them, typically in a duo setting.

The group is a more exclusive join, for now I let anyone join who applies and has a non-spammy profile, but I intended it more as a group for couples who are long-distance and their friends to post and chat in the forums. I am not going to sort only by LDR couples but maybe I can do that some day.

The second curator is called CheapEasyGood100. While also being my nickname back in college (ha like I went to college in this economy) it's a mostly single-player-focused curator because that is what I focus on. I'm not an achievement hunter - I don't have the stamina or will - but I do enjoy the little badge that accompanies a 100% completed game on Steam. I also like trophy cases. This curator aims to chronicle the games that I encounter in my travels.

"I enjoy playing games that can be finished in one weekend that cost roughly $20 USD or less and can easily bring you to 100% completion. No cheap, poor quality, or numbers farming games here. These are nice games that you should actually play," is the group tagline. This curator focuses on achievement completion time and prefers a lower price so it will hopefully help people who a) don't have a lot of free time b) don't want to break the bank c) are achievements farming.

The group in the future will be more open and join-at-will. (Spam bots.) The only requirement is an interest in gaming.

Anyways, if you're still here, thank you. There will be no group-exclusive giveaway contests, this is not an announcement for that sort of group. This is for curators and if you don't like my writing style flaked with a little occasional humor then you're probably not going to want to follow. Thank you for reading regardless :).

I'm extremely open to feedback regarding any aspect of the groups and the curators. Just keep in mind the only thing I can't do is rename them - I'd have to delete the group and start a new one all over to change that really.

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What is your interest?

View Results
Co-op games
Achievement games
Cheap games
Short games
All of the above
Answer below! Or I have feedback!

You might wanna check out https://www.co-optimus.com/

1 year ago

Very nice, I've used that site as research before! Thanks! It's a great idea to go through it and help me pick out games though :)

1 year ago

Story based games is what I really love.

Good luck with your projects. It was nice to read about them. I especially like "CheapEasyGood100", both the name and content.

1 year ago*

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your feedback. 🙏 It's so nice to hear that someone finds them interesting!

1 year ago

Followed both. 😊✨

1 year ago

Thank you so much! 💜🙏

1 year ago

bump

1 year ago

May I join the "Couples Games" group? I have someone special, we played It Takes Two (and planning to play again after her school year), well I could say there's no official label between us but we have mutual feelings. (for 6 years), she is not that active on Steam as she's so busy with her nursing course.

We're really not that far away as it only takes about 2 hours to go to her place and vice versa. But we rarely see each other because of busy schedule (and costly fare) for I'm still only at college too.

1 year ago

Awh, of course! Right now the group is not turning out to be for couples only like I planned tbh but I have a discussions forums that you're welcome to post on. I'm thinking of adding more stuff there. You can join here just press Join Group and it'll give me a notification that you wanted to join and I'll approve it as soon as I see it.

I feel for you in your situation. My boyfriend and I were friends for a year before we decided to act on our mutual feelings and it's rough because we live in different countries! I hope things work out for you both! 💜

1 year ago

Thank you! We're both highschool classmates but we went to different college since she went to pursue nursing and I'm pursuing Entertainment and Multimedia Computing :)

I requested to join now

1 year ago

Awh! It's tough work but you'll realize you're one of the strongest couples ever if you guys have good communication skills! Like I said I hope it works out for you two, I'm sure it's worth the wait :)

Approved, welcome!

1 year ago

Good luck!

1 year ago

Thank you so much! I appreciate it :)

1 year ago

Great curators ideas! Very interested in both.
I am atm in a semi-long distance relationship (I'm really just in denial, it's a full long distance relationship) and getting my gf to play with me when we're together is one thing but she's not as interested when we're apart so I hope seeing games on the list she wants to play will motivate her.

I hope the curations will help with your state of mind. It's not easy being away from your loved one(s) when you are feeling low.

1 year ago

That's my hope with a co-op curator, you can be like "Hmmm what do we have to play? I want something new!" and you can go and look at my curator and see what sparks your interest, having it all laid out for you like that. Maybe I can even spark your memory on something old or I can let you know when an update comes out that adds co-op!

I really hope things work out for you two haha, I know what it's like being in denial. Spending time together is really important, especially in these days post-covid where everything is online anyway.

Thanks so much for the well wishes! Thank you for visiting my thread! 💜

1 year ago

That's my hope with a co-op curator

It's already working then. She wants to play House Flipper. Renovating and flipping houses is her dream job. I guess I never thought that game was co-op. Ooops. Bad Fluff!

Good luck with the curations and the long distance :)

1 year ago

I'm getting ready to check out your curator pages a bit better. So far, Couples Games looks to be alright.

1 year ago

Hey thanks! I just do this as a hobby and to flex my creative muscles so if people are reading then that fills me with joy. Even if it's not your cup of tea, I appreciate you giving it a chance. Cheers! :)

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

bump!

1 year ago

Thanks so much! 💜

1 year ago

Bump :)

1 year ago

Thank you! :)

1 year ago

These are both really nice ideas, sent a join request and followed both pages.
Wishing all the best that you continue having fun and keeping up the groups well! ^-^

1 year ago

Thank you so very much! That's really kind, I appreciate your words :) I have approved both of your requests.

1 year ago

Bump for members-only giveaways. Nothing big, but I thought I'd be thoughtful since I had a few keys lying around :). I'd appreciate it if you joined because you were interested in the curator, not because you're interested in the free games. I won't be giving away that many or anything that great.

ETA: Couples Games has not synced to the SG/Steam API so can not be selected as a giveaway group yet. Look for its giveaways in the announcements/members only forum.

1 year ago*

Thanks and bump!

1 year ago

req sent

1 year ago

I think I approved you before I saw this. If not, give me a shout! Cheers :)

1 year ago

Bump!
Also, FYI, after my latest synch, now SG shows your Couples group.

1 year ago

Yay! Same here! Thanks for alerting me, I'm so happy! 😄🙏

1 year ago

bump :)

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by GinaTonik.