Edit 2: If you've sent a request to join the group, please feel free to post here to let me know. I may not check SG every day and I try to check the groups often but it doesn't hurt to let me know.

Edit: I just wanted to say, both of the curators are under construction right now but I hope to be adding a lot more titles soon. Suggest away, I've already gotten some great ideas in the comments and I'm writing all of these down! Thank you for the outpouring of support!

Recently, I think I'd hit the lowest point in my life. Really only my boyfriend is privy to that knowledge which is why it may come as a surprise for those of you who know me so don't be concerned. It's why I try to be bubbly to everyone, I'm genuinely happier now. Out of the ashes, I want to spring forth some exciting things in my life. I want to do the things on my bucket list that I was always too shy to do.

One of those things is give my opinion more. One day I want to make YouTube reviews (maybe not just for video games) but for now I'd like to start with some small curators and write more. I enjoy writing a lot more than I thought I would, and I think I'm good at it. Maybe you'll think I'm okay too.

I'd like to share my curators with the community if that's okay. Just check them out, no need to interact or follow. Communities can be fun though.

The first curator (yes, I made TWO! I can't 100% answer why!) is called Couples Games. I said to myself that if I ever made a curator that it would be based around games for couples because I always had a difficult time finding co-op games compatible online. I'm in a long-distance relationship and playing co-op games online with my friends is something I've done for years. It reviews co-op games and gives ideas & tips of how to best play them, typically in a duo setting.

The group is a more exclusive join, for now I let anyone join who applies and has a non-spammy profile, but I intended it more as a group for couples who are long-distance and their friends to post and chat in the forums. I am not going to sort only by LDR couples but maybe I can do that some day.

The second curator is called CheapEasyGood100. While also being my nickname back in college (ha like I went to college in this economy) it's a mostly single-player-focused curator because that is what I focus on. I'm not an achievement hunter - I don't have the stamina or will - but I do enjoy the little badge that accompanies a 100% completed game on Steam. I also like trophy cases. This curator aims to chronicle the games that I encounter in my travels.

"I enjoy playing games that can be finished in one weekend that cost roughly $20 USD or less and can easily bring you to 100% completion. No cheap, poor quality, or numbers farming games here. These are nice games that you should actually play," is the group tagline. This curator focuses on achievement completion time and prefers a lower price so it will hopefully help people who a) don't have a lot of free time b) don't want to break the bank c) are achievements farming.

The group in the future will be more open and join-at-will. (Spam bots.) The only requirement is an interest in gaming.

Anyways, if you're still here, thank you. There will be no group-exclusive giveaway contests, this is not an announcement for that sort of group. This is for curators and if you don't like my writing style flaked with a little occasional humor then you're probably not going to want to follow. Thank you for reading regardless :).

I'm extremely open to feedback regarding any aspect of the groups and the curators. Just keep in mind the only thing I can't do is rename them - I'd have to delete the group and start a new one all over to change that really.

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What is your interest?

View Results
Co-op games
Achievement games
Cheap games
Short games
All of the above
Answer below! Or I have feedback!
View attached image.
1 year ago

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

1 year ago

Bump and request to join the group.

1 year ago

Thanks! Approved and πŸ’•Ukraine!

1 year ago

Thanks and bump ;)

1 year ago

Bump!

1 year ago

very interesting subjects, especially the couple one. I'll join

1 year ago

Thanks! Welcome aboard!

1 year ago

bump
been in a long distance relationship for 6 years so i know how it can be
mean while were married and have a child together. all can work out :)

1 year ago

Oh wow, we'd love to have you in the couples group :). Right now I'm only 9 months strong and boy is it harder than I thought it would be but so worth it! I don't know how we would have made it through Covid Times when nobody could see each other. That's a reason why gaming can be so fun and valued!
Thanks and welcome!

1 year ago

good luck, followed :)

1 year ago

Thank you very much πŸ’œ

1 year ago

Bump

1 year ago

Bump!

1 year ago

Certainly bumping!

1 year ago

πŸ’œ

1 year ago

Good luck and bump =)

1 year ago

Bump!

1 year ago

πŸ’™

1 year ago

Good luck with your endeavor!

My interest is in good games.

1 year ago

Haha, thanks for the feedback! My interest is in good games too but I thought the curators needed some kind of filter to be less broad so here we are :). Thank you for the well wishes!

1 year ago

Great idea with "Couple Games" me and my S.O. will take a look for future game nights!

1 year ago

Ooh, I'm so glad to hear it! Keep in mind the pages are a bit under construction right now but I hope to be adding a lot more titles soon! πŸ’œ

1 year ago

Take some follows :D

1 year ago

Aw, thank you so much! :) Welcome!

1 year ago

BAAAAAAAAAAAMP

1 year ago

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ˜³

1 year ago

Followed the first one because I enjoy co-op games a lot! I'm not much of an achievement hunter so I will pass on the second one for now. Regardless, good luck with both curators, and in your personal life. πŸ™‚

1 year ago

Thanks, that is so very kind! :) I thank you for joining the one that interested you! I hope to see you around!

1 year ago

poke

1 year ago

πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ’ƒπŸ™

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

Bump to the fact that the two giveaways in the thread still have 5 days left. Oops. I really should have made those much shorter, my bad.

1 year ago

Bump!!!

1 year ago

Thanks so much! πŸ’œ

1 year ago

Like you (perhaps even more so), I don't care at all about achievements. Although I DO have that inner need to fully complete anything I start whether it be work or games. But when a game becomes work because the game is "finished" but I have to grind or spend excessive time simply to get all the achievements, I have better things to do. :)

I think your Easy list is right up my alley! My favorite game will always have:

• usually a good story and if there is one it must have internal-consistency (no magic tricks or deus ex machina etc type of resolution/solution)
  • missions that are just grinding or rinse and repeat
  • a sense of advancement and ultimate achievement
  • an author who paid attention to detail and crafted with pride (no glaring issues or errors that go unfixed)
  • little to no grinding or senseless retracing steps / having to spend an disproportionate amount of time getting from point A to point B.
  • single player and offline playability
  • all-time favorites will be longer games (Skyrim), favorites can be shorter (one of my all-time classics Rogue). Time / energy available will determine which route to take at game start.

I think the only thing I saw that is off is your mentioning "short" where I say "long and short". :)

1 year ago

Hey, thank you so much for this great write-up and feedback, I really value it! It's so helpful to see what people are interested in and what they might want to see from me. I see your point and I have to agree entirely, I like games that hit a lot of your bullet points as well. Most of my personal favorite games will be long-play simulators like Crusader Kings and Rimworld, to be honest! So I don't shy away from long games! I've toyed with the idea of adding a few longer ones to the curator that I thought needed to be there but right now I'm keeping the playtime under a ~10-15 hour maximum at the absolute most so I don't go crazy trying to complete my backlog haha.

This review series was sort of a test for me to broaden my horizons and complete my backlog too, so there's a lot of positive to see in it :)

Anyway, thank you again! I really like your points you made.

1 year ago

:spacecat:

1 year ago

πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜„πŸ’œ

1 year ago

Here's one bump as thanks!

1 year ago

Aw, and I thank you, too!