Update:

This thread is closed for now. The users within the group have voted on some changes, and a new application thread with these changes included will be up in a while, when I have some more time for it.

All users who applied so far should have been gone through and invited by group admin kelnage. If you didn't make it this time, keep on playing your won games, update your BLAEO pages accordingly, and I hope you'll apply again when the new topic is up!

Hey there Steamgifts!

We have a friendly little giveaway group that could use more users. For us it's important that the users are the right ones for this group, so please spend some time reading this description.

Most of the members of the group think it's more enjoyable to do giveaways where the winner ends up playing the game, and that's exactly what the group is for: members on Steamgifts who like playing their won games. By playing, we don't just mean idle for the cards or try the game for 20 minutes then retire it, but playing it for real and finishing it. The group is focused around playing and finishing games both in general and games won on Steamgifts (and the group) in particular.

Our current members are a bit picky (in a good way), only entering giveaways for games they would actually play, and that's one thing we're looking for in new members - those of you who know which games you would want to play, enter giveaways only for those, and then go on playing the games, resulting in a decent rate of won games being finished, and not hundreds of games in your win list that will never be touched, and only a handful of games ever played.

Requirements:

To help members keep track of their won games, as well as making it easier for group admins to check the progress in won games for those applying for the group, a BLAEO account is required. BLAEO is a great tool for tackling your backlog, it syncs the games in your Steam library and Steamgifts wins, and lets you mark your progress in the games and create lists (to-play lists as well as lists of finished games) with an easy drag and drop interface.

If you're already an active BLAEO member that's great, if not, you would need to sign up, categorize your games and make a list containing at least one of your games won on Steamgifts (a getting-started guide is available here) before applying.

The suggestion is that those of you who are new to BLAEO do a "games to play soon" / "attack plan" list, containing a few games you want / plan to play. One of them has to be a game won on Steamgifts (if you haven't already finished all won games). This is mainly to let new users to BLAEO try out the site functions to make sure you know what it's about, and there is no requirement to play the games on that list in that order (or to stick to the list at all), but it can be a very handy tool that some of you might end up using a lot, and if not - it's nice to have tried at least once.

When it comes to finished games, we would like to see a minimum of 25% of your won games on Steamgifts finished. This will be evaluated on an individual level, and 25% isn't an exact amount, it also comes down to amount of games won, and the games played. For users with few wins, 25% could be as little 1-2 games, and that would not be enough, so a higher rate would be needed for users with few wins. At the same time, someone who has won 20 games and only played/finished their five shortest won games and left all the longer ones unplayed might not be a good match for the group before finishing more games.

If you would like to check your stats a bit without registering to BLAEO, this script can check your progress (hours played and achievements gained) in games won on Steamgifts, so you can get an idea about how many games you have played.

The minimum Steamgifts contributor level for applying is 4, and we would like to see a positive Real CV ratio.

Group rules:

We have a few rules in the group, everything is explained in more detail in the group forum, but should be mentioned here as well, so anyone thinking of applying can consider if they would be ok with the rules.

In short, the rules are:

1. Read the giveaway description before entering a group giveaway, and respect any wishes of the giveaway creator.
  2. Leave a comment when entering a group giveaway.
  3. Make sure to play games won from the group, either within any timeframe the giveaway creator wished for, or the group standard timeframe (3/6/12 months depending on the game).
  4. Leave a new comment in the giveaway after finishing a game.

This of course also means that users should only enter giveaways for games they would play.

There are no rules about mandatory giveaways or in-group ratio (the time each user has to play their won games being the only "ratio").

We have a pretty nice thing going in the group, with each giveaway most of the time getting several more comments than entries (members who don't enter a giveaway might stop by to "chat", often owners of a game chime in to give recommendations). Also, so far we have had very good results when it comes to playing won games - with lots of newer / highly wishlisted games being played and finished shortly after the giveaways end.

Guest gifters:

We have had some inquires about guest gifting, users who would like to do giveaways for the group, without meeting the membership requirements themselves. This is of course welcome, and the recommended method would be to do an invite-only giveaway, which one of the moderators could post in the group-only discussion. None of the current members would be likely to leak an invite giveaway, but it could be good to write in the giveaway description that the giveaway is only shared with the group members (and link to the member list).

Another positive thing with an invite-only giveaway is that the giveaway creator can invite others than just the group members, which in some cases might be needed to get to 5 entries. Be sure to mention which users are invited in the giveaway description.

Checklist for applying:

1. BLAEO Account
  2. Have categorized all games on BLAEO and made a list / "attack plan" containing at least one game won on Steamgifts (only needed for new BLAEO members)
  3. Minimum of 25% won games finished
  4. Steamgifts Level 4+
  5. Real CV Ratio: 1:1 or better (same or higher amount sent compared to won)
  6. Agree to the group rules

To make it easier for the group admins checking the applications, please use this template to apply (edit with your details):

[BLAEO profile](http://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/users/tso184)
[BLAEO list/attack plan](http://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/lists/xlm7g7l)
[Real CV Sent](http://www.sgtools.info/sent/tso184/newestfirst): 4085.93
[Real CV Won](http://www.sgtools.info/won/tso184/newestfirst): 1787.05
Real CV Ratio: 2.29 (sent/won: 4085.93/1787.05=2.29 in my case, you don't need to add the info inside this parenthesis)

If you haven't had time to play as many of your won games as you would like, don't worry! Spend some quality time with those games, get your numbers up and come back later. The group will keep taking in new members.

A note (2017-01-12): During next week I won't be at home much, and after that I'm not back until the end of the month, and since I have quite much to do in the meanwhile, I'll probably prioritize playing some games in the spare time I have left, and might not check in here so much. These weeks the other admins in the group will handle any invites and questions. The group recruitment is still open. If you apply for the group and haven't gotten any reply for a while, you can reply to this comment.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

BLAEO profile
Real CV Sent: 1390.64
Real CV Won: 1093.2
Real CV Ratio: 1.27

I'm a very active member of BLAEO, and I always comment on giveaways that I play.
I know I have a lot of wins and my games played are only 15% but I played the bg ones mostly and I have a lot of small wins that I could finish up in mere hours.

7 years ago*

Hi Shax105. I'm afraid we are sticklers for the "at least 25% of games beaten or completed" rule. However, as you say, you do have a number of shorter wins you could finish quickly, such as:

• Beyond Eyes
  • Bridge Constructor
  • The Music Machine
  • Lamia's Game Room
  • Two Digits/Three Digits
  • Grow Home
  • Decay The Mare
  • Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Ichi
  • Dropsy
  • 12 Labours

Good luck!

7 years ago

I was going to apply some time ago, but I've decided to finish my yearly goal before doing so and I also forgot about it after a while. Anyways, the required information:

BLAEO profile
BLAEO monthly attack plan - You can check other months as well.
Real CV Sent: 3,138.14
Real CV Won 1,728.10
Real CV Ratio: 1.81
SG wins played: 40% ( a bit less if you count games that I marked as played because I did on another plataform - ex: Mafia 2 - played only the newer version - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing/ TIAOVH: Final Cut - or even broken achievements/blocked by dlc, should be about 38-39% nonetheless)
I agree to the rules.

7 years ago

Here is my list. I like to clear the won games. :) If I can join the group, I follow the grop rules(1~4)
BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent : 342.10
Real CV Won : 130.15
[Real CV Ratio] : 2.6131 (342.10/130.15)
BLAEO-Won on SteamGifts

7 years ago

Hi shhls00, thanks for your application. Could you possibly work on categorising (at least) all your SG wins on BLAEO - currently the stats it provides are slightly misleading (since it ignores un-categorised wins)?

7 years ago

Yep :)
New category of all SG wins
Is it right that you requested? I make a new category and put won-games myself. All 43 games. one gift is missing because it is dlc(PAYDAY 2: The Bomb Heists).

1. 100% achievements games : 14
  2. Not 100% but completed : 3(Strongmind, Chroma Squad, Nuclear throne)
  3. Progressing : 2(Catch a falling star, Princess maker refine)
7 years ago*

I think what kelnage means is to sort your uncategorized games. (and assign them one of the following label : never played, unfinished, beaten, completed).

If you look at your BLAEO profile, on the top right it shows 255 games (+179 not categorized yet)
He's talking about those 179 games. When you go here (If i remember correctly, all my games are sorted so i can't check) there should be a yellowish band on top telling you you have uncategorized games and a link to sort them.

7 years ago

Thanks for your kind reply. I'll try it.

7 years ago

No problem, I just hope I remember correctly and it'll actually help you. If you don't find it, feel free to poke me back ;) Good luck.

7 years ago

Yep, Evilblacksheep is right. All your games (especially those in "Won in Steam Gifts") needs to be assigned a category. Looks like you've made a good start - keep it up :)

7 years ago

I finished it. I make all games categorized. Thanks !!

7 years ago

BLAEO Profile
Real CV Sent: 490.22
Real CV Won: 131.40
Real CV Ratio: 3.73

7 years ago

I'm interested in joining too.
BLAEO profile
Real CV sent: 789
Real CV won: 326
Real CV ratio: 2.42
SG wins

7 years ago*

Reapplying after meeting entry criteria
original application, numbers are valid ( $90 Raven:Legacy... in won is pack sale glitch )

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 144.70
Real CV Won: 21.75
Real CV Ratio: 6.65

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 187.84
Real CV Won: 123.05
Real CV Ratio: 1.53

Hey, I'd really love to join the group. :)

6 years ago*

FYI, your BLAEO profile link should be: https://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/users/Riedy

6 years ago

Hello!
A follow-up to my previous application.

1. BLAEO profile
  2. Games won on SG ; 90% played (finished 60%)
  3. I'm level 5
  4. Real CV sent: 470$
    Real CV won: 10$
    Real CV ratio: 47
  5. Okay with the rules!
6 years ago*

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 107.00
Real CV Won: 21.80
Real CV Ratio: 4.91

6 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 102.20
Real CV Won: 50.50
Real CV Ratio: 2.02

*The witness is a shame cause i really did like the world and aesthetic of the game, but the puzzles for me was hard/boring, i think i reach 3/7 of the temples still, i am now going to play/finish one piece warrior 3.
Cheers

6 years ago

I would gladly join! :-)
BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 286.28
Real CV Won: 223.25
Real CV Ratio: 1.28

Obviously, I agree to the rules :-)

6 years ago

6 years ago

bump for playing more than 25% wins to meet the requirements. 💕

6 years ago

BLAEO Profile I really need to update my profile lol
BLAEO Games won
Real CV Sent 557.30
Real CV Won 85.95
Real CV Ratio: 6.48
Script Stats: 94.4% (34/36) with playtime, 82.6% (19/23) with ≥1 achievement

So far have only not tried two games I've won. GoodRobot I just won and will play after I finish Crashlands and Strayed which is a pile of garbage so broken the game won't launch from steam and only runs in offline mode and was abandoned so I'll never reach 100% played \o/ early access. Anywho one question I didn't see answered is, can the GAs be multi-group/white list since I'm also a member of Playing Appreciated and generally put the games on the site wishlist to there and my white list? Also, can I get an invite to your group :)

6 years ago

I'd like to join. The only expectation I have is for my presents being played.

BLAEO profile I didn't go marking through whole my library, there are some great games, but a lot of others I am not planning to play at all. Since 2-3 years ago when I started to buy bundles with some games which interested me, and till I found SG, I didn't know what to do with extra keys I paid for (games I didn't want) and just activated them. Anyway, I am not interested in making some display of virtual elite gaming purity out of my account.
BLAEO list/attack plan In attack plan there is my win I haven't yet beaten. For my other games, I just occasionally choose something I am in mood to play.
Real CV Sent: 2,359.15
Real CV Won: 136.70
Real CV Ratio: 17.26
playtime: 100%(12/12), ≥1 achievement: 100%, ≥25% achievement: 62.5%
I guess new checking of more than 25% achievements being received shows better that game was played, but has some drawbacks too. Some games even can be beaten without receiving 25% of achievements in process, and I am not fan of achievements at all.

I played all my wins, including torturing myself with the first win, game that turned to be horrible (my first and last RPGmaker game ever played).
Script shows 62,5% of games with 25%+ achievements received, this is not complete true and concerns "Tapocalypse", "Fallout 4" and "Ground zeroes".
Tapocalypse: game is bugged and almost all the achievements will probably never appear on Steam, while they are unlocked in-game. And giver will not be concerned with this fact anyway, I would rather believe that giver was dev of this unsupported crap himself.
In Fallout 4 I have exactly 25% of achievements already, and will certainly get more upon finishing it;
Ground Zeroes turned to be quite ridiculous. This is the only game I really happen not to have even 25% of achievements, despite it is beaten. Not only it is in fact just one story mission (still, with great movie about Big boss as ending and a nice soundtrack) but bonus side-ops are on the same map (oh, how interesting), and there is something peculiar happening if player tries to play with no alarms: both stunned and physically beaten enemies rise to the feet after a short time... start running around map and help other sleepers, apparently.. I was unlucky to stumble into this wonderful phenomena exactly during side op where alarm (shooting with lethal weapon leads to alarm) causes losing the game; I still tried hard to beat the op and now I am oversaturated. Not going to touch this game only for achievements, but probably will be some day in mood to check some other side op <3

I agree to your lovely group rules ;3

P.S. Requirement of "25% of your won games on Steamgifts finished" after such a talk, oh.. I see, there is not enough people who care to appreciate presents even that much. Just great.

6 years ago*

Closed 6 years ago by tso184.