Update:

This thread is closed for now. The users within the group have voted on some changes, and a new application thread with these changes included will be up in a while, when I have some more time for it.

All users who applied so far should have been gone through and invited by group admin kelnage. If you didn't make it this time, keep on playing your won games, update your BLAEO pages accordingly, and I hope you'll apply again when the new topic is up!

Hey there Steamgifts!

We have a friendly little giveaway group that could use more users. For us it's important that the users are the right ones for this group, so please spend some time reading this description.

Most of the members of the group think it's more enjoyable to do giveaways where the winner ends up playing the game, and that's exactly what the group is for: members on Steamgifts who like playing their won games. By playing, we don't just mean idle for the cards or try the game for 20 minutes then retire it, but playing it for real and finishing it. The group is focused around playing and finishing games both in general and games won on Steamgifts (and the group) in particular.

Our current members are a bit picky (in a good way), only entering giveaways for games they would actually play, and that's one thing we're looking for in new members - those of you who know which games you would want to play, enter giveaways only for those, and then go on playing the games, resulting in a decent rate of won games being finished, and not hundreds of games in your win list that will never be touched, and only a handful of games ever played.

Requirements:

To help members keep track of their won games, as well as making it easier for group admins to check the progress in won games for those applying for the group, a BLAEO account is required. BLAEO is a great tool for tackling your backlog, it syncs the games in your Steam library and Steamgifts wins, and lets you mark your progress in the games and create lists (to-play lists as well as lists of finished games) with an easy drag and drop interface.

If you're already an active BLAEO member that's great, if not, you would need to sign up, categorize your games and make a list containing at least one of your games won on Steamgifts (a getting-started guide is available here) before applying.

The suggestion is that those of you who are new to BLAEO do a "games to play soon" / "attack plan" list, containing a few games you want / plan to play. One of them has to be a game won on Steamgifts (if you haven't already finished all won games). This is mainly to let new users to BLAEO try out the site functions to make sure you know what it's about, and there is no requirement to play the games on that list in that order (or to stick to the list at all), but it can be a very handy tool that some of you might end up using a lot, and if not - it's nice to have tried at least once.

When it comes to finished games, we would like to see a minimum of 25% of your won games on Steamgifts finished. This will be evaluated on an individual level, and 25% isn't an exact amount, it also comes down to amount of games won, and the games played. For users with few wins, 25% could be as little 1-2 games, and that would not be enough, so a higher rate would be needed for users with few wins. At the same time, someone who has won 20 games and only played/finished their five shortest won games and left all the longer ones unplayed might not be a good match for the group before finishing more games.

If you would like to check your stats a bit without registering to BLAEO, this script can check your progress (hours played and achievements gained) in games won on Steamgifts, so you can get an idea about how many games you have played.

The minimum Steamgifts contributor level for applying is 4, and we would like to see a positive Real CV ratio.

Group rules:

We have a few rules in the group, everything is explained in more detail in the group forum, but should be mentioned here as well, so anyone thinking of applying can consider if they would be ok with the rules.

In short, the rules are:

1. Read the giveaway description before entering a group giveaway, and respect any wishes of the giveaway creator.
  2. Leave a comment when entering a group giveaway.
  3. Make sure to play games won from the group, either within any timeframe the giveaway creator wished for, or the group standard timeframe (3/6/12 months depending on the game).
  4. Leave a new comment in the giveaway after finishing a game.

This of course also means that users should only enter giveaways for games they would play.

There are no rules about mandatory giveaways or in-group ratio (the time each user has to play their won games being the only "ratio").

We have a pretty nice thing going in the group, with each giveaway most of the time getting several more comments than entries (members who don't enter a giveaway might stop by to "chat", often owners of a game chime in to give recommendations). Also, so far we have had very good results when it comes to playing won games - with lots of newer / highly wishlisted games being played and finished shortly after the giveaways end.

Guest gifters:

We have had some inquires about guest gifting, users who would like to do giveaways for the group, without meeting the membership requirements themselves. This is of course welcome, and the recommended method would be to do an invite-only giveaway, which one of the moderators could post in the group-only discussion. None of the current members would be likely to leak an invite giveaway, but it could be good to write in the giveaway description that the giveaway is only shared with the group members (and link to the member list).

Another positive thing with an invite-only giveaway is that the giveaway creator can invite others than just the group members, which in some cases might be needed to get to 5 entries. Be sure to mention which users are invited in the giveaway description.

Checklist for applying:

1. BLAEO Account
  2. Have categorized all games on BLAEO and made a list / "attack plan" containing at least one game won on Steamgifts (only needed for new BLAEO members)
  3. Minimum of 25% won games finished
  4. Steamgifts Level 4+
  5. Real CV Ratio: 1:1 or better (same or higher amount sent compared to won)
  6. Agree to the group rules

To make it easier for the group admins checking the applications, please use this template to apply (edit with your details):

[BLAEO profile](http://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/users/tso184)
[BLAEO list/attack plan](http://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/lists/xlm7g7l)
[Real CV Sent](http://www.sgtools.info/sent/tso184/newestfirst): 4085.93
[Real CV Won](http://www.sgtools.info/won/tso184/newestfirst): 1787.05
Real CV Ratio: 2.29 (sent/won: 4085.93/1787.05=2.29 in my case, you don't need to add the info inside this parenthesis)

If you haven't had time to play as many of your won games as you would like, don't worry! Spend some quality time with those games, get your numbers up and come back later. The group will keep taking in new members.

A note (2017-01-12): During next week I won't be at home much, and after that I'm not back until the end of the month, and since I have quite much to do in the meanwhile, I'll probably prioritize playing some games in the spare time I have left, and might not check in here so much. These weeks the other admins in the group will handle any invites and questions. The group recruitment is still open. If you apply for the group and haven't gotten any reply for a while, you can reply to this comment.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello there!

1. My BLAEO profile
  2. My List - see january plan (it's actually 3 lists - still new to BLAEO, not sure if/how I can create sub-lists)
  3. My previous list doesn't include games I won on SG. Here's the list of my won games. (I've played them all and finished all except one - I suck way too much to beat it!)
  4. I'm currently level 4
  5. Real CV sent 189.25
    Real CV won 4.20
    Real CV ratio : 45.1
  6. I agree to the group rules

On a side note : I'm still relatively new to sg and don't enter that much GAs, I feel like I kind of "cheat" the 25% won games finished requirement. It's quite easy to pass it with my stats. It bothers me a little, so I'd rather mention it beforehand.
That's all!

7 years ago

Hi Selby,

thanks for your application! It's certainly not cheating to exceed the minimum 25% mark with just a couple of wins. :D
However, as stated in the initial post, we do evaluate applications on an individual level. While we do not have a minimum requirement for sg-wins: we do need something to work with. So an invite for an applier with only a few wins is more of an exception in this group. Nevertheless, you do have completed most of your wins, so I'll add you application to the others and get back to you, when all the other admins have chimed in! (a couple of days or so)

7 years ago*

We were a bit on the fence about your application. Sadly - in the end - we decided against an invite for now.
We do recognice that you have an exceptional completion-rate, but the overall play-time of all these games is rather short. Additionally we have to factor in that these are mostly games without achievements - which makes it more difficult for us to verify if these games have been actually played. We have to look after this.
As I said, it's more of an exception to invite an applier with only a few wins and it often helps to be a bit known in the community or to the group-members - this is of course more difficult for someone, who is relatively new to this site.

Normally I would now say to give it some time and play more games, but that is obviously a bit difficult in your case. However, I saw that you made already a detailed post on BLAEO and since this group is closely connected to that site, I'd like to encourage you to stick to that and maybe acclimate with people over there. We do recognice people, who are active on BLAEO and that certainly helps an appllier for our group.
Well, if you feel in the future, you'd like to apply again, I'd like to invite you to do so!

7 years ago*

Thank you for the time you took considering my application and mostly for giving such a detail answer about the result. It's always nice to understand why. I'll get back to you in a few months :)
Still, I'm glad this group made me ask for an invitation on BLAEO, I love this site!

7 years ago

You will get a blue heart from me for now :D
See you around on BLAEO Selby.

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

How did I miss this?? Would love to be a part of it if you'll have me.

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan - It's my whole backlog, but it's sorted so that the first games to play are direct gifts from friends (only one currently), the next set are SG wins (or prequels to SG wins, 26 games! /facepalm), and everything after that is by time-to-beat, lowest to highest. The intention is to work through it left to right, top to bottom. It was going well until my Skyrim day-per-day epic journey began.
Real CV Sent: 130.30
Real CV Won: 67.45
Real CV Ratio: 1.93

Oh, and Won on SteamGifts is currently at 32% beaten or completed.

7 years ago*

I do not appreciate the order in which you want to tackle your attack plan. Dark Souls should be on top! Anyhow, it's not within my power to reject such an attack plan. ):

Jokes aside, it looks good so far. I'll get back to you, after the other admins have chimed in. (couple of days or so)

7 years ago

lol thanks Sappy. Attack plans are always subject to change :)

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 422.19
Real CV Won: 97.30
Real CV Ratio: 4.34

7 years ago

i've got a problem with my battle plan, i can add games from my list "SG Won" but not from the rest of my library :/
( #helpmeimstupid )

View attached image.
7 years ago

You can add any game that is in your library.
The group is for people who actually play their won games so you can make a good impression by making it a mix of both :D

7 years ago

Yeah I understood I'm supposed to be able, it's just I don't understand how to do it. Did you check my screen ?
The list is empty in "all games", all i can add is stuff the the list "Won on SG" :(

7 years ago

Under the "all games" tab, their should be a search-window, where you can just type in the names of the games you want to add!

Edit: Well, there is also a search-window visible in the screenshot :D

7 years ago*

Ooooooooh ! I thought games would appear by themself and the search bar was if you were looking for solmething specific in what appeard. I did not even tried it because i thought that it would return nothing since it would search in something empty -_-
Thank you !

7 years ago

Jeah, I actually had some trouble finding it, too. I mean: looking at the screenshot it's actually clear... but I think I had a similar misconception about how that search-window worked.

Anyway, thanks for your application!
However, you do not exceed our minimum game-finish-rate of 25%. Additionally you only have a few wins and so this just doesn't suffice for an invite. We do recognize, that you have played a whole bunch of your wins, but I just have to ask you to give it a couple more weeks and play a couple more wins first. If you then still feel like you'd like to be part of his group, I'd encourage you to apply again!

7 years ago*

i'm interested

BLAEO profile
no list, i'm playing whatever i feel like at the moment.
Real CV Sent: 2,236.53
Real CV Won: 1,161.30
Real CV Ratio: 1.92
wins completion: 62%

7 years ago

We require an attack plan from people, who are fairly new to BLAEO, since we believe that they should at least give the site a try and see if it works for them in their battle against the backlog. If appliers want to use some sort of an attack plan or BLAEO at all in the future is completely up to them.
Nobody has to stick to their attack plan! It's not a commitment and people are free to play what they want. (We do have however rules concerning wins from this group.)

Well, your application looks good so far!

7 years ago*

thanks for the invite also to lenor ❤️

7 years ago*

I am just about finished Finders, a game I won a while ago. It is a fun game, a casual time-management game. There are in-game Achievements which I have almost finished. My next game is going to be The Dolls, another win from here.

It's been a while since I've played a won game, so it was about time to start working on some more of them!

Some games I wait to play until I get the rest of the series (Batman:Arkham Knight Premium Edition, for example), but most others are fair game!:)

I recognized you from the discussion in Keksinator's giveaway, so I thought I'd put my 2 cents in here.:)

A nice idea for a group, I must say.:)

(BUMP!)

7 years ago

I'd be interested in joining~ <3

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 565.20
Real CV Won: 553.20
Real CV Ratio: 1.02

7 years ago*

Looks good so far, we'll get back to you in 1 or 2 days!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Happy cake day :3

7 years ago

Happy cake day!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

Happy cake day :3

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

Update:

I think I have replied to every new application so far. We are looking forward to make a batch-invite at the start of next week. If you are an applier and did not receive a rejection, then you are likely to be invited. So stay tuned.

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago

To help members keep track of their won games, as well as making it easier for group admins to check the progress in won games for those applying for the group, a BLAEO account is required.

There's a link in the post to the BLAEO topic - basically if you apply there, you'll get access, afaik noone got refused :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago

Don't mind me, random bump passing by.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

7 years ago

Hi Voidy,
thanks for your application. You do not fulfill two of our minimum requirements. Especially the requirement to have beaten 1/4 of one's wins is important to us and thus we can't send you an invite. You stated, that we shouldn't look at your stats at all, because they aren't accurate - however we do really need some informations to judge whether someone fits into our group or not.

While I can understand, that you wanted to help others with getting cv: You could have just asked for a re-roll, if you didn't intend to play a game at all. We do really care, that people only join giveaways for games, they do intent to play.
I can't really give you a good advice for a possible future application, since you do seem to know what you want to play and that aren't your wins. Maybe you should just give those unwanted wins a try some day - maybe you do actually enjoy them.

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago*

Somehow I expected this. Hm.

Look, in the initial post you can read, that we look for people who are capable of making good decissions in regards of their capability to play through their wins. You have various reasons to not play through your wins and these are all fine, but that doesn't make you a good fit for this group. You applied for a group, whose application rules you were aware of. These rules are meant for an applier to decide if this is really a group they want to be part of. You do not fullfil these application-rules and thus I'm not sure why you feel the wish to join.

Independently of this, we can't be sure that you'll be able to play through any of the games you could win in this group, since you seem to be very picky about which games you enjoy and which not. A gifter in this group, who makes a giveaway for, let's say newly released titles like Dishonored 2 or Dark Souls 3, will not appreciate it, when you win and start these games(after you are finally "in a mood" for them), play them for an hour or two, but then say: "I couldn't stomach it", or "I wasn't getting what was going on and why should I care" or "I didn't see any reason to play it", and then stop playing.

Again, these reasons are all fine and there are a lot of gifter, who'd certainly enjoy, if you gave their gifts at least a decent try. However we do look for people, who are capable to decide, if they are actually able to play through a game, before they join a giveaway for it.
I have played through a couple of wins, that weren't "awesome", but none of them I regretted playing (okay apart from one game, to be honest). I realized that someone else has spend their money to make me happy - that was enough for me to give the majority of my wins the attention they deserved.
I do think that most of the gifter on SG do not expect that all of their gifts get played or that their winners play through their wins at all, but with this group we want to create a place, where someone can relatively savely make a giveaway, that will be valued by a winner. To achieve that, we have to be picky with our members and thus we've made these group-rules.
Since you only have finished 2 of your 14 wins, it's not possible for me to see that you are actually capable of valuing the wins in this group in the way we expect it.

Hm, that was longer than I wanted it to be.

Well, please ask yourself before replying: "Is this really a group I want to be part of?
There are enough awesome groups, where people surely appreciate that you at least intent to play a win someday or at least gave a win a try, but your application or "history" that you provided here is not sufficient for an invite to this one group. I think the initial post is actually well written amd makes clear what we are looking for.
I would say: "Feel free to apply again, when you have played through more wins". However, I think that you are satisfied with what you got out of your wins so far and thus I think you have your own way of valuing your wins.
I have the feeling that this is just not the right group for you.

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago

You expect a special treatment from us. You want to be part of this group, but you don't feel that you need to fulfill the requirements anyone else has to fullfil. That was already clear with your initial application. After your rejection you did not seem to get the gist of what we want from appliers, so I was nice to point out, what we are looking for - in different words than tso used in the OP. I did however have the feeling, that you may expect something different to find here,(and I still have that feeling) so in order to spare us both time, I just suggested to you to overthink this.

We do go after rules and requirements to make a better judgement of whether someone fits to us or not, but even then we can't issue an invite in every case - you can look through the applications in this thread to get an idea of when we still reject someone, who does fulfill the minimums. We did not even come to the point to talk about that, since you weren't able to fullfil these minimums.

You presented an insufficient application - and you knew that. We still took the time to look into your application and I took the time to write a reply and tell you what you need to change in order to be able to join. I have no problem with you and this is not about personal reasons, but instead of just presenting a sufficient application, you decided that you want to talk your way into this group and that certainly won't help you.

It's nice that you want to be part of a group, where people value gifts more - I understand that - but after this useless show, it won't be this group.

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago

I actually didn't want to reply after my last comment, but I feel the need to point out, that I do not pre-judge an application. I didn't want to see a guy, who "tries to sneak past rules". You just did not present a sufficient application and we had to reject it. You read too much into it.
I do not know if you look "for an easier way to win GTA 5" or not, but to reduce the chance that someone just joins for the juicy giveaways, we have the need for some minimum-requirements and we have to treat you the same, as we treat anyone else.

There are - as pointed out in the OP and by me - additional criterias that are to be met, IF someone fullfils the min-requirements (again: you don't do that), however these are in place, so we can keep the current minimum-requirements as low as they are now and give more people a chance to join. If we did not had these "elastic terms", we would have stricter application-mins.

Anyhow, I hope you can establish and maintain a group that is to your liking - I mean that.

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago

You should probably check Playing Appreciated, it seems more in line with the kind of group you're looking for

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

The Frankenstein game is about two hours to finish and is really easy - if you really want to go for sheer completed %, it's a great choice to play.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Sure, if you have more time then go with the longer but more fitting games :) Short ones are best as emergency measures if one needs to pick a next one :D

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 618.48
Real CV Won: 277.75
Real CV Ratio: 2.22

I'm really not sure if I did that right but I hope so. Also I want to make clear that The Daedalic Armageddon Bundle was one win on SG but they count all of the games in the bundle separately on Blaeo. I know I have to (and want to) play each game separately but I wanted to let you know I didn't win each game seperately.

7 years ago*

Hi stefg,
thanks for your application. We debated if there is a way to count a game-package or bundle as one won-game, instead of each game in it seperately. In the end we decided that every game has to be counted as an individual win when calculating the beaten/completion-rate. So basically like BLAEO does it. With that, you do not fullfil our minimum requirement of having 25% wins beaten or completed.
Since you are only two games short for now and since your application looks good otherwise, I'd encourage you to just apply again, when you have increased your beaten/completion-rate.

7 years ago*

I understand and thanks for getting back to me. Luckily I've cleared up some time to knock out more wins, so I'll be applying again soon.

7 years ago

Hi! Since applying last time I have beaten the games: Oceanhorn, Bit Blaster, and Ferrum's Secrets: Where is Grandpa?
Did I hit the 25% mark yet? I plan to continue playing my wins so if not then I'll make sure to apply later.

7 years ago

Oh, good job with beatng those games so quickly! I'll talk with the other admins and get back to you in a couple of days!

7 years ago*

Hmmm there is something wrong. You have this much won games you never played or started for the trading cards -.-

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent : 289.22
Real CV Won : 18.75
Real CV Ratio : 15.43

I just found out about your group, it's a really good idea. When I first discovered steamgifts I though it was great until I realised the site was full of greedy people like in real life. It disgust me when I click on the profile of a winner and I see he have 2000 games. Anyway, there should be more groups like yours. We wouldn't need group like this if people would just enter giveaways for games they want to play. That being said, I play every games I own or at least try them until I realize I don't like them. I know I don't have a lot of play-time on my won games but these are all cheap and short games, the kind that we have the most chance of winning. Anyway, thanks to you and goodbye!

7 years ago

Hi PJohn,
thanks for your application. You do fulfill our minimum requirements, but you have only a few wins so far.
In a case like yours we require a higher beaten/completion-rate and we also have to look at the overall gametime you've spend with your wins. Factoring in that you have only beaten 3 rather short games, we decided that this is not enough to issue an invite for now.
Looking at your BLAEO account, you have marked 44% percent of your wins as "won't play" and I can cetainly understand that sometimes one's won-games don't turn out to be as good as hoped. However, we do look for people, who are capable of deciding, whether they are able to play through a win or not, before they join a giveaway for it. I understand that tastes differ and some games are just not to one's liking, but in general these 4 games are considered pretty good games. Just because they are relatively cheap by now, doesn't make them bad or not worth playing. While I'm sure that the gifter of those games are happy that you gave their gifts a decent try, we do require a little more dedication, when it comes to playing through one's wins.
While you stated you like the idea of our group, I have to ask you to give it more time and re-consider if this group is really what you are looking for and then just re-apply, when you have played through a couple more of your wins!

7 years ago*

Hey, thanks for the reply. It's no problem and yes I will certainly re-apply because I really like the idea of your group. If you look at my stats in general you can see that I beat a lot of my games compare to other steam users. It was just bad luck with steamgifts. I thought there would be a singleplayer campaign in insurgency, but it was just multiplayer and that's not what I like. Never Alone and darkness 2 are just too repetitive for me and spec ops made me ragequit because I died 4 time at the same spot early in the game. I may retry Never Alone one day when in the mood. I'm more careful now with the giveaways I enter than at first. Anyway, thanks for the chance and see you at a later date.

7 years ago

Bumpo is good idea although i don't qualify :3

7 years ago

Hi,

I was wondering about my ratio so I tried to sign in through steam and create an account.
Unfortunatelly web site gave me a warning "Looks like you are not a group member ... right now this site is members only. "
Could you please guide me through it because it looks like group I should be part of is invite only.
Or I am missing something because requirement to join group is having an a BLAEO account.

7 years ago

post here and they will add you to the site, no need to be part of the group.

7 years ago

Mully,

Thank you for your help.

Much appretiated.

7 years ago

Bump:)
I really like the idea of the group. My philosophy on entering GA has been changing lately, and seems to align well with your group's. I can also imagine that it would feel extra rewarding to create a GA for people intent on playing the game.
I won't apply now, as I'm still focusing on BLAEO, playing more of the games waiting there, entering less, and giving back a little more, but hopefully I can revisit in a month or two when (if) I'm a little more ready ^.^

7 years ago

How is it with activity? I can't concentrate well at the moment so I might be silent for a lot of time. But I like the idea of having a group where I can be more certain that the giveaways will be played (since I tend to give away games I liked and enjoyed even though most of them have been bundled at one point). Well, here is my data. We can both still decide afterwards.

BLAEO profile
Real CV Sent : 639,52 $
Real CV Won : 148,45 $
[Real CV Ratio] : 4,31

Some additional notes and questions: First, pay attention that my real CV won should actually be higher. But two of the giveaways I won are not calculated by SGTools since there have been less than 5 entries. Second, I did not make an attack plan mainly for the simple reason that I have only 1-3 SG wins which I have to play at this point. I'm postponing Tales of Zestiria -_- because it is so massive. As for Quest of Infamy I'm not sure if I will return since I found out that it has broken achievements (because I didn't get the first achievement I completed in the game >.<) which is a major let-down for me. Third, out of curiousity. How would you judge my Wasteland 2 win? I won the Director's Cut here on Steamgifts and completed that game. However, the key I got added additionally Wasteland 1 and Wasteland 2 to my library. Will it be counted as 100 % since I completed the game I won? Or will it be 0 % like BLAEO shows because the sub-id directs to the unplayed Wasteland 2 version? Or will it be 33 %/ 50 % since I played only one of the games the key activated. Like I said I entered for Director's Cut only without knowing that the other games would be activated as well. Just interested in your stance here.

7 years ago

Thanks for you application. I'll try to answer a couple of your questions.

Regarding activity: We don't have an activity-rule or any similar rule, like one for mandatory giveaways or something like that.
We do however expect, that people comment on giveaways they enter and then also show some gratitude, when they happen to win something. Playing one's group-wins is also required. All of this is basically explained in the OP. You don't have to worry about anything else apart from that.

Regarding CV: We only look at the way Steamgifts calculates the contributor-value. So group or invite-only giveaways with less than 5 entries are't included in the calculation.

Regarding an attack-plan: It's only required for people, who are completely new to BLAEO.

Regarding packages and subs: We know that BLAEO has trouble indentifying some packages and that the BLAEO-sync may also miss a game entirely. It's still a pretty good tool to have a quick look at someone's SG-win stats. We do also compare those stats to an appliers won-list on steamgifts.com.
We do count each won game seperately. So in your case it would count as 2 non-played wins and 1 completed.
Nevertheless, it is not always easy to see, what additional games a certain package contains. We assume that an applier with a completed-game, that doesn't show up on BLAEO, would point out, that that game is missing. If we, on the other hand, miss a package, which has stayed unplayed entirely, we are still confident, that a decission to reject or accept an applier wouldn't have changed much, if we had not overlooked said game-package.

Anyway, I'm sure you know that you exceed our minimum requirements by far and thus you should also have received an invite by now from one of our admins.
Since you mentioned cv and also expressed your wish to make giveaways for bundled-games you liked, I should however point out, that we are a rather small group (at least for now), that, due to it's nature, has members who are rather picky about what giveaways they join for, so - from past experience - it might prove difficult to get five entries for bundled games - if you care about that. (5 entries in unbundled games is already difficult sometimes)

7 years ago*

Yea, I know that I exceed the minimum requirements. I asked mostly out of curiousity and to check if there are some kind of unwritten rules or at least preferences. I am slightly annoyed about the package thingy but I checked the storepage and it is written there. So I could have known that I get more than what I actually entered for -_-

As for the CV stuff: I don't care for such small amount of CV's especially since I know that the games will find a good home. And I wouldn't give them away if I personally wouldn't think that they are good (totally biased of course). Also I'm not sure how you want to calculate the Real CV won like Steamgifts since I don't think that SG calculates and saves that stat anywhere O.o I just wanted to inform you that my ratio appears to be better than it actually is.

7 years ago

Yup, I thought however that I could just answer your questions in general, since I believe that these answers could be useful for others, too!

Regarding the package: We only look at the percentage of beaten/completed games for application purposes. After someone has been accepted, it is unimportant for us. So it doesn't really matter, how "we" count it afterwards. You can still count it as a completion on your BLAEO profile if you want to.

SGT shows the way how cv is calculated on Steamgifts. Though it's not so visible here, it's the same way Steamgifts calculates cv for the purpose of one's contributor-level. I'm not sure why it is called "real cv" on SGT - might be because a user could think, that the "total dollar worth", behind the won/sent values on one's sg-profile page, is the "contributor value".

Well, welcome to the group! :)

7 years ago*

I'd love to apply.

Those rules reinforce my very own policy to only entry giveaways that i find interesting and want to play. :D

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 194.05 $
Real CV Won: 80.30 $
Real CV Ratio: 2,41

7 years ago

Hi Guiga, thanks for your application! I'll get back to you in a couple of days or so.

7 years ago

Awesome, I'd love to join :)
BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan - This is the one for January, still finishing 2 SG wins this month. I will make a new one for february soon :)
Real CV Sent: 131.00 $
Real CV Won: 98.40 $
Real CV Ratio: 1.33

My stats are not as good as I'd want yet - I'm at 32% completed and 29% unfinished for my SG wins. If it's not good enough I understand, because knowing me, I'll probably never think the amount of games 100%-ed is enough :) But since it's over the 25% mark I figured I'd apply already.

7 years ago

Thanks for your application! With 28 won-games and a couple of "verifiable" (achievements, screenshots, etc.) finishes, being above 25% is sufficient. So your application is perfectly fine.
I'll get back to you tomorrow after the other admins have chimed in.

7 years ago*

Great! Thanks.

7 years ago

This group speaks to my heart. <3 I would love to join, so here is my application. I didn’t include an attack plan list because at this point I’m a long time BLAEO member and have found attack plans are useless for me. D:

BLAEO profile
Real CV Sent: 930.46
Real CV Won: 600.85
Real CV Ratio: 1.55

7 years ago

Thanks for applying! Looking pretty good, and you're definitely an active BLAEO member, so you don't need any specific list.

We'll get back to you soon.

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
Real CV Sent: 3,201.00
Real CV Won: 1,365.65
Real CV Ratio: 2.3

What I'm playing now (in terms of wins): Shadow Warrior, Jotun, Aragami, Depth and Feel the Snow.
What I plan to play: A little trickier... Of course I'm a little active in BKAEO so I know I don't need a plan but my aim is this for 2017...

Priority game - My library in a nice condensed list of games I feel need to be played soon
Gifts - This is more of a priority because this is personal and they have chosen a game to give to me of all people. They deserve to be put first!
Wins - Have this at at least 50% including the big games

I completely understand if you cannot welcome me to the group, my finish rate for wins is rather disappointing at 30% with so many games collecting dust :( Of course, I will never completely focus on wins/gifts because at the end of the day this is my best hobby and I would rather not make it a chore. I've been doing well recently imho with finishing games, I used to be so very guilty of leaving games unfinished with 1% achievements. I hope to improve my ratio hopefully by making giveaways for your group, since recently I've not been getting the classic 5 entries so my ratio will go down if I continue to win :O Finally, I will never have a true plan. I hope this is okay :)

I'm totally not good at this leaving thing... 5th comment or so on the forums since I "left"

Thank you for considering me, sorry for the ramble and take care ^^

7 years ago*

We do not have a rule about improving one's win-completion rate after having been invited. Nevertheless, we do hope that members strive for playing through more of their sg-wins, especially when they still have a couple of nice unplayed ones, but you are right: it should not become a chore - though bare in mind, that we do expect people to be eager to play through their APG-group-wins.

A couple of members expressed, that they don't really care about the cv-ratio of appliers, we still kept the requirement*, but again, we don't have a rule, that members need to keep theirs above 1:1. It should also be noted, that due to the size and the idea of this group it can sometimes be hard to get 5 entries, so if one wants to improve their cv-ratio, I would suggest to share giveaways with other groups and see how it goes.

Anyway, you fullfil our minimums and, if I remember correctly, you've improved your completion-rate quite a bit since the last time you've applied. I'll get back to you, when the other admins have chimed in!

7 years ago*

Definitely! I will continue to play my wins, right now I'm playing three of them! I'm planning on playing one of my big wins soon! A few of my wins are the 2nd or 3rd etc game so I need to play the pervious ones first! That should be simple enough :)

That's good to hear! I always try to keep my ratio in a good area so I'll definitely do multi groups from time to time!

Yeah I have been playing my wins a lot more recently! But no worries, take your time :D

7 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you to you and the other admins for accepting me into your group! <3

7 years ago

So uh, after finally deciding to get access to BLAEO, I figured I might as well apply for APG too what better timing than after 100%'ing Bad Rats?

BLAEO Profile <- Don't expect many updates.
"Attack Plan"
Real CV sent: 1,908.20
Real CV won: 944.60
Real CV ratio: 2.02

7 years ago

Thanks for your application!

Members are not required to maintain their BLAEO account, nor do they have to post updates. I'm not too active either On BLAEO, but I do like see those stats. It helps me a little to finish some of the games I've started.

Well, looks good so far. I'll get back to you in 1-2 days.

7 years ago

Took you long enough :zeemonster::sgsmile:

what better timing than after 100%'ing Bad Rats?

View attached image.
7 years ago

:zeemonster::sgsmile:

7 years ago

Hi, after following a recommendation I think I'll try to apply here. I'm not so sure that I fullfill the individual requirements, but It's worth a try.

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan does this count? It's not really an "attack plan", but it's the only list I follow
Real CV Sent: 225.30
Real CV Won: 64.50
Real CV Ratio: 3.50

Just a question: How do you calculate played roguelikes? Because I've "beaten" Okhlos, but just in two special modes and the game is kinda infinite... Anyway, hope it all goes well, if not, I completely understand ^^

7 years ago

Well, I couldn't reply earlier, but I can at least try and answer your question: The roguelikes I've played so far, all have some sort of "normal mode ending", so reaching that would be sufficient for our application process. I've never played Okhlos, so I can't really comment on that game, but if it would have been important for your application, I would have then just watched a Let'sPlay to figure out how the game works and if your progress could be counted as beaten. Since your application looked fine otherwise, we didn't bother too much with this particular game.

Anyway, welcome to the group!

7 years ago

Okay, understood. Fair and clear. Such a professional answer ^^

And thanks for accepting me!

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tso184.