Update:

This thread is closed for now. The users within the group have voted on some changes, and a new application thread with these changes included will be up in a while, when I have some more time for it.

All users who applied so far should have been gone through and invited by group admin kelnage. If you didn't make it this time, keep on playing your won games, update your BLAEO pages accordingly, and I hope you'll apply again when the new topic is up!

Hey there Steamgifts!

We have a friendly little giveaway group that could use more users. For us it's important that the users are the right ones for this group, so please spend some time reading this description.

Most of the members of the group think it's more enjoyable to do giveaways where the winner ends up playing the game, and that's exactly what the group is for: members on Steamgifts who like playing their won games. By playing, we don't just mean idle for the cards or try the game for 20 minutes then retire it, but playing it for real and finishing it. The group is focused around playing and finishing games both in general and games won on Steamgifts (and the group) in particular.

Our current members are a bit picky (in a good way), only entering giveaways for games they would actually play, and that's one thing we're looking for in new members - those of you who know which games you would want to play, enter giveaways only for those, and then go on playing the games, resulting in a decent rate of won games being finished, and not hundreds of games in your win list that will never be touched, and only a handful of games ever played.

Requirements:

To help members keep track of their won games, as well as making it easier for group admins to check the progress in won games for those applying for the group, a BLAEO account is required. BLAEO is a great tool for tackling your backlog, it syncs the games in your Steam library and Steamgifts wins, and lets you mark your progress in the games and create lists (to-play lists as well as lists of finished games) with an easy drag and drop interface.

If you're already an active BLAEO member that's great, if not, you would need to sign up, categorize your games and make a list containing at least one of your games won on Steamgifts (a getting-started guide is available here) before applying.

The suggestion is that those of you who are new to BLAEO do a "games to play soon" / "attack plan" list, containing a few games you want / plan to play. One of them has to be a game won on Steamgifts (if you haven't already finished all won games). This is mainly to let new users to BLAEO try out the site functions to make sure you know what it's about, and there is no requirement to play the games on that list in that order (or to stick to the list at all), but it can be a very handy tool that some of you might end up using a lot, and if not - it's nice to have tried at least once.

When it comes to finished games, we would like to see a minimum of 25% of your won games on Steamgifts finished. This will be evaluated on an individual level, and 25% isn't an exact amount, it also comes down to amount of games won, and the games played. For users with few wins, 25% could be as little 1-2 games, and that would not be enough, so a higher rate would be needed for users with few wins. At the same time, someone who has won 20 games and only played/finished their five shortest won games and left all the longer ones unplayed might not be a good match for the group before finishing more games.

If you would like to check your stats a bit without registering to BLAEO, this script can check your progress (hours played and achievements gained) in games won on Steamgifts, so you can get an idea about how many games you have played.

The minimum Steamgifts contributor level for applying is 4, and we would like to see a positive Real CV ratio.

Group rules:

We have a few rules in the group, everything is explained in more detail in the group forum, but should be mentioned here as well, so anyone thinking of applying can consider if they would be ok with the rules.

In short, the rules are:

1. Read the giveaway description before entering a group giveaway, and respect any wishes of the giveaway creator.
  2. Leave a comment when entering a group giveaway.
  3. Make sure to play games won from the group, either within any timeframe the giveaway creator wished for, or the group standard timeframe (3/6/12 months depending on the game).
  4. Leave a new comment in the giveaway after finishing a game.

This of course also means that users should only enter giveaways for games they would play.

There are no rules about mandatory giveaways or in-group ratio (the time each user has to play their won games being the only "ratio").

We have a pretty nice thing going in the group, with each giveaway most of the time getting several more comments than entries (members who don't enter a giveaway might stop by to "chat", often owners of a game chime in to give recommendations). Also, so far we have had very good results when it comes to playing won games - with lots of newer / highly wishlisted games being played and finished shortly after the giveaways end.

Guest gifters:

We have had some inquires about guest gifting, users who would like to do giveaways for the group, without meeting the membership requirements themselves. This is of course welcome, and the recommended method would be to do an invite-only giveaway, which one of the moderators could post in the group-only discussion. None of the current members would be likely to leak an invite giveaway, but it could be good to write in the giveaway description that the giveaway is only shared with the group members (and link to the member list).

Another positive thing with an invite-only giveaway is that the giveaway creator can invite others than just the group members, which in some cases might be needed to get to 5 entries. Be sure to mention which users are invited in the giveaway description.

Checklist for applying:

1. BLAEO Account
  2. Have categorized all games on BLAEO and made a list / "attack plan" containing at least one game won on Steamgifts (only needed for new BLAEO members)
  3. Minimum of 25% won games finished
  4. Steamgifts Level 4+
  5. Real CV Ratio: 1:1 or better (same or higher amount sent compared to won)
  6. Agree to the group rules

To make it easier for the group admins checking the applications, please use this template to apply (edit with your details):

[BLAEO profile](http://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/users/tso184)
[BLAEO list/attack plan](http://backlog-deepness.rhcloud.com/lists/xlm7g7l)
[Real CV Sent](http://www.sgtools.info/sent/tso184/newestfirst): 4085.93
[Real CV Won](http://www.sgtools.info/won/tso184/newestfirst): 1787.05
Real CV Ratio: 2.29 (sent/won: 4085.93/1787.05=2.29 in my case, you don't need to add the info inside this parenthesis)

If you haven't had time to play as many of your won games as you would like, don't worry! Spend some quality time with those games, get your numbers up and come back later. The group will keep taking in new members.

A note (2017-01-12): During next week I won't be at home much, and after that I'm not back until the end of the month, and since I have quite much to do in the meanwhile, I'll probably prioritize playing some games in the spare time I have left, and might not check in here so much. These weeks the other admins in the group will handle any invites and questions. The group recruitment is still open. If you apply for the group and haven't gotten any reply for a while, you can reply to this comment.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago*

If someone replies to this, do you still get notifications?

7 years ago

I've always wondered that myself.

7 years ago

Yes, you get a notification, but no message in your inbox.
Nvm, that's when someone replies to you and then deletes their message, duh.
I'm having a total facepalm day. -_-

7 years ago

Well, it speaks well of you that you owned up and didn't just delete the message.
Though it might have been funny given the topic at hand.
[Edit: deleted, then undeleted for posterity.]

7 years ago*

Delete your message there in a minute and I'll reply to it, and we'll get a definitive answer :)

7 years ago

Testing, testing, one two three. Testing.

7 years ago

Crazy. I got a notification-- of this message...not the new ones.
Total X-Files stuff.
[Edit: I had already marked it Read, FWIW.]

7 years ago

It appears we've found a glitch in the Matrix. :O

View attached image.
7 years ago

Yes

7 years ago

7 years ago*

Hm there might a misunderstanding about this list.

Maybe tso wants to add something to this, but as far as I see it, this requirement is here for two reasons:

1. So an applier does not only join BLAEO and then does nothing with their account afterwards - although we think it's a great tool for helping to beat the backlog - and
  2. So that an applier can show a genuine intent to tackle their unplayed wins.

I also created this list when I applied for this group, but in the end I only felt like playing a fraction of my "attack plan" - since I also just play, what I enjoy. (this however happens to be sg-wins mainly :D)
Keep in mind that this list doesn't have to be updated once you've joined the group. It is an initial application-requirement to show that an applier's intentions are genuine in regards of the ideas of this group: playing one's steamgifts-wins.
If you actually want to use that list in the future is completely up to you. It's the same with a BLAEO account in general.

I mean, I know you are an active member of BLAEO - more active than I am - and you certainly do understand how the site works and how the site works best for you, but I hope that you can understand why we require this list in new applications.

7 years ago*

Fair enough
Luckily my BLAEO account came with a list already :)

7 years ago

Just as sappy wrote, the list is a requirement for new BLAEO users, so they get to try out the capabilities of the site at least once. Long time active BLAEO members have already found how they like to use the site, so then there's no requirement for a list :)

Your stats are looking quite good, and nice to see that you solved the Alice issue (still marked as "won't play" though!). I'm just waiting for the other moderators to comment, but I'll be sending out invites later this week.

7 years ago

Actually just finished it today. (with a controller this time)
Will adjust the marking later next week.
So my "TSO play a won game this month" is completed.
Now it is time to turn my attention on the monthly theme.

7 years ago

edit: clicked the wrong reply link >_<

7 years ago

Bump! (16%, working on it - finished 2 gifted and one won games today, so I'm on a roll :D )

7 years ago

Nice! Keep it up :)

7 years ago

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 557.70
Real CV Won: 231.30
Real CV Ratio: 2.41

Yay thank you for reopening this group :D

7 years ago

Excellent! Looks like you will be a member soon :)

7 years ago

What a novel concept ;) I probably don't meet the 25% requirement yet, but you've at least convinced me it is time to track my progress with blaeo
:3

7 years ago

Glad that you like it!

That's a great idea. I think most active BLAEO users would tell you that the site has helped them with their backlog.

7 years ago

As I thought I'm currently only 12%. I've been trying to track through categories in my library, but I needed a little more motivation so I'm hoping this will help. And maybe I can reach that 25% sooner than later. :3

7 years ago

Through practice to mastery ;

View attached image.
7 years ago

Nice with some new people interested in the group! I'll have a look at it tonight (CET, morning here now).

7 years ago

Tso, might be interested in this group, but I was told it's possible to use the site without being in the original group.
I'm more interested in working on my backlog than the groups themselves is what I'm saying, I suppose.

Is it possible to get a backlog attack scheme set up on the site without belonging to the group?

7 years ago

You can ask for an invite in the BLAEO thread to start using the website, it's separate from either group membership.

7 years ago

Everyone gets normally access to the site, when they apply in the BLAEO recruitement-thread.
Their policies are, that you only get invited into the steam-group, when you've shown that you are active on the site.

You don't have to join the group at all.

7 years ago*

OK thanks, Sappy. I was under the impression you had to join the group to join the site, but apparently that's not the case. :3
Also, thanks to Kaleith and Reklapresh.

7 years ago

Yeah, it's actually the other way around: once you start using the site actively you might get a steam group invite ^^

7 years ago

You already had a few replies, but yep, three different things:
1) BLAEO membership (the site where you can organize your backlog - nothing else needed, just reply in nellyneko's thread)
2) BLAEO Steam group membership <- nellyneko/mandrill (not sure who) invites active BLAEO users to the Steam group
3) APG membership <- this thread. A giveaway group that requires both a Steamgifts and BLAEO accont :)

7 years ago

Sounds good. Thanks, Tso.

7 years ago

hidden bump

7 years ago

Nice idea, sadly I'm short of real CV ratio and finished 19% so far. Maybe in the future :P Bump for now

7 years ago

Bump, awesome idea :) Though i don't meet the requirements :( Being an achievement hunter doesn't help completing games :( Maybe someday in the future i'll be eligible to join :D

7 years ago

Fnord told me to apply, so I can leech your Quantum Break gib :P
My BLAEO profile says I'm at 27% completed SG wins, but it's more like 29%, since The Detail has several episodes and I won and completed episode 1, but not the rest, and technically Armello is finished too, just a few more cards + a ton of achievements to unlock and pretty much only Multiplayer games to play over and over again.

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan - not really? I had a batch system, but I kind of abandoned it in favor of a "what do I feel like"-system
Real CV Sent: 3.088,62 $
Real CV Won: 441.85 $
Real CV Ratio: 6.99

7 years ago*

Good thing that he told you then :)

7 years ago

Huge backlog and bad stats, but here they are:
BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 2,826.25 $
Real CV Won: 1,908.30 $
Real CV Ratio: 1,48

7 years ago

Hello TexWilleri

At the moment, the group would not extend an invitation to you. There are a few things that look a bit odd:

1. In your first BLAEO post, you mention that you started "hitting" your won Steamgifts games in October (your post was made shortly after this group had its first recruitment post). Your stats show that you beat 5% of your games and completed 18% in 10 days. With roughly 320 or so wins in October, that means you finished over 70 games in those 10 days, an average of more than 7 games per day. Even if you only played the shortest ones during that time, I can't count enough 1-2 hour games among your finished games to get that to add up.

2. When looking at the list of finished (beaten+completed) games for a user, games with achievements tend to be around half of them, sometimes more. Around half of the games on Steam have achievements, so it's natural that the amount of finished games with/without achievements tend to be not far from the 50/50 mark. When looking at your finished games, the ones without achievements are clearly overrepresented, which wouldn't happen by chance, so it seems like you for some reason have targeted games without achievements.

3. Internal BLAEO data reports that you some months have more hours played in games than there are hours available that month. The only way that would be possible, is if several games are being run at the same time, intentional or unintentional.

As I mentioned in the original post, it's important that our group has members who are actually playing games (even the name of the group), and looking at the things mentioned above, your data looks a bit disconcerting. I also didn't find any screenshots of any the games ( I added you on Steam in case your screenshots were set to friends only). Many BLAEO members tend to post screenshots from finished games that don't have achievements. It's not in any way a requirement (apart from games counted for the monthly theme).

On another note, the average user in the group has 21 unplayed Steamgifts wins. You have 117 unplayed won games listed, plus another 92 marked as unfinished, so I'm not sure all of the group members would be comfortable with a new member so far from the group "profile".

I would suggest you give it 6 months or so, play more of your won games, and add some screenshots for each of the won games you have played, and then your profile would look a lot better for applying again.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Nice to hear that you want to become a regular member :D
I could perhaps help you with Alice, I had some trouble with it too, but managed to solve it. I'll try to dig up the guides I used.

7 years ago

At last it's open. Reporting for leeching! ;

BLAEO profile. 61% unplayed (, but Fallout4+Skyrim+Underrail total to over 750 hours of playtime )
The plan: none. It's fun not work, I go by the mood (and right now by what I'm capable of playing)
Real CV Sent 3385.14
Real CV Won 627.80
Real CV Ratio: 5.39

7 years ago

The 21% is lower than the 25% asked for, but I did say that it wasn't an exact limit, and that could work both ways. I see you have spent a considerable amount of hours in most of your longer and "high profile"/non bundle won games, which is the kind of dedication we like. I'll run it by the other admins.

7 years ago

After talking about it with the fellow moderators, we decided to stick to the 25% minimum for any new members. The good news is that you would be only three games from that. Our "protip" would be:
Brothers
Firewatch
The Silent Age

Shouldn't take too long, and those are all games that most of the players enjoy.

I might not be around when you have finished the games (away from home much of January), but get in touch with any of the other admins, and they can arrange with the invite.

7 years ago

Fair enough.

I can play basically mouse-only games atm, so it will take some time. Won TBS'es are rather long to complete and one can play only so much P&C (Larry is hilarious, working on 99%'ting it. So it's only 2 more :) )

7 years ago

Glad to see that you sticked to beating 3 more games. Only one game left now!!!
We did recognice that you have an exceptional overall game-time in your wins. Hope that we can welcome you soon in our midst!

7 years ago

3/4 of the game to be precise ;
I'm afraid it won't happen soon, I caved in and bought XCOM2. That will take some time to complete (especially with just released long war mod)

7 years ago

It took a while, but LongWar for XCOM2 is long as name promises. And Space Hulk:Ascension was in a bunde )
So now I've finally completed the main campaign in Tropico 4, which pushes me over 25% bar. Hope it's enough to squeeze in )

6 years ago

Oh Tropico.... I still have to play through 5*, too... . (last mission, though)
But good work with that Long War mod! I was watching a Let'sPlay-playlist for the first game.... that surely took a while :P

Uhm, anyhow, now I have no longer anything to do with the recruitement process, so I guess you would have to apply at the end of the thread again :/ Well, see you soon!

6 years ago*

It's easier in second try when you know all objectives.
LW2 is one hell of time sink, but well worth it. Nothing feels like when you first go into easy mission and it turns out to be an ambush, or you have to go on mission without proper recon and in first/second round you are fighting 20-30 enemies )

Np, you've managed without me onboard for so long, you'll live a little longer p

6 years ago

I'm glad to see you're open again for recruitment as I missed last window to apply. I love the concept of the group, so here we go with requirements:

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan ("Battle Plan for 2017" tab)
Minimum of 25% won games finished
Real CV Sent: 926.35
Real CV Won: 622.55
Real CV Ratio: 1.49

7 years ago

A wild sheep appears! :3

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I can watch that for ages, waiting for one of the clouds to look up, turning out to be a sheep ^^

7 years ago

Mwehehehe my distraction plan is working now I just have to send my army of sheep to take over the world from the paws of cats :3

7 years ago

Thanks! I'm looking forward to checking your 2017 plan tomorrow, running out of time for today.

7 years ago

No problem, take your time :3

bump!

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

I don't get it. Why would a group like this be necessary? What other reason could people here have to sign up for a giveaway besides playing it or trying to play it? Because you have to keep the game for yourself if you win it.

Yes, I am new and naive.

7 years ago

I honestly don't know, I only enter giveaways for games I want to (and do) play, but I know there are users with hundreds of wins who haven't played any of them. When I do giveaways for nicer games (that can cost up to 50% of what I have left a month after my bills and food are paid for - I live in an expensive country and I don't make a lot of money compared to the average wage), I really hope that those games go to people who will really play them. That's one of the reasons why I made this group from the start.

7 years ago

The obvious one is trading cards, i.e. get free game, collect cards, sell cards -> profit. Or people who just like having a large collection for no other reason than to have a large collection.

7 years ago

Amen.

7 years ago

Having a big collection of good games >> having a huge collection. Though still gives the problem of having too many games I want to play.... after trying a few terrible games I really, really soon gave up on getting bad-bad games :)

7 years ago

Trading cards? Really? Those couple of cents?

7 years ago

You would be surprised by how many who are open about joining everything just to farm cards. It adds up.

7 years ago

For western countries, not so much (unless you have 20+ accounts and buy all bundles in bulk quantities with extra discount). Things change if lives in country with high currency exchange rate/cheap steam region. Cents from cards suddenly are worth a lot more...

7 years ago

Having a very large number of games in your library also significantly increases your booster pack eligibility, from what I've heard, which in turn leads to more cards and even more profit!

7 years ago

That's not quite true. You get a 20% drop rate increase for every 10 levels, and while having more games does increased your level, it's not to a significant degree. Boosters only drop for games you've farmed all cards from, so having more of those does of course help

7 years ago

It was mostly that last part I was alleging too. I suppose it would be more correct to say that the more games (where you have already farmed the cards from) you own, the higher your chances are of getting a booster pack.

7 years ago

When I was new to the site, the lure of "free" was quite strong. And I would enter for games even if I had only the tiniest bit of interest in them. These days I'm far more selective, but it did leave me with a pile of shame ;) Anything that helps people realize that just because it's free for you, you should not jump on it is probably a good idea.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

Hey! I'd like to join as a guest gifter, at least until I finish my yearly backlog assassination goal, which should take me up to a year.

7 years ago

Nice to hear!

We're using the private/invite giveaway method for guest gifting (see the original post), and right now it's hard for some games to get 5 entries, so if you care about that, the invite method also has the benefit of you being able to add a few more users of your choice if needed to get to 5.

It can be good to check the group wislist to see if the game would get any entries in the group. Giveaways tend to get less entries than users who have it wishlisted.

I have a busy week in front of me, but you could get in touch with any of the users marked with a star and they could help you to post the giveaway link in the group forum.

Good to have long term goals :)

7 years ago

I have no plans to create any giveaway in the next weeks,so I'll send you a friend's request and when you have some time, you show me how it works.

7 years ago

I'll be away for much of January, but I'll get back to you at the end of the month. Otherwise you can always get in touch with any of the admins.

7 years ago

Np. If I decide to do any GA I'll get in touch with them.

7 years ago

Love what you're doing tso, keep it up!

7 years ago

Thanks! I'm always hoping that more people will play the games they win, so it felt like a good idea having this group, for those who have gotten at least 25% of the way so far :)

7 years ago

I'm like 47% (picked a random middle number) sure I haven't met that requirement yet, nor do I have the discipline for an attack plan - but the contains of the group relate to my interests.

So, if I ever decide to get off my lazy butt and handle that stuff, I will be sure to let you know.
Keep up the good work! :)

7 years ago

Ahh people do misunderstand this attack-plan requirement D:

With that requirement we just wanted to make sure, people understand how BLAEO works, and then, that they just think about how they want to go on slaying their backlog.... It's more of a "ritual".

Nobody is required to stick to their attack plan. People can play what they want!

7 years ago

Well, I usually just "go with the flow" so I'd mostly just play whatever comes my way.
I never liked making formal plans because honestly, they would never get followed. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that any sort of plan is useless for me. :P

It would seem I don't give myself enough credit, I just created a list on BLAEO regarding the percentage of won games I have "completed", and it's surprisingly 30%.

Therefore, please consider my application (assuming my "attack plan" requirement is met)!

1. BLAEO Profile
  2. All games categorized. Check.
  3. "Attack Plan"
  4. 32 games of 106 games Won of SteamGifts - "Completed"
  5. Steamgifts Level 4+. Check.
  6. Real CV Ratio: Under 2 :(
    -Real CV Sent: $2,015.55
    -Real CV Won: $1,019.20
  7. Agree to the group rules. Of course. These are rules I try to live by each day here on Steam Gifts.
7 years ago

Jeah a real attack plan is also wasted on me. I basically have such a list for games, that I have started, but not finished/completed, yet - but still intent to. Normally I just look through the "more decent games" in my library and then just pick one. The best thing is always when someone else picks a game for me or when I just win something on steamgifts - then I just play those :D

Looks good so far - I get back to you in a couple of days or so!

PS: The achievement for voxelized is working again and only requires you to start the game - just in case you want to increase your steam-achievement-average :P

7 years ago

Ohh, it's open again \o/
I was waiting for this since when a friend told me about and motivated me to play my games as well :D

BLAEO Account
Minimum of 25% won games finished
Real CV Sent 130.85
Real CV Won 21.85
Real CV Ratio: 5.98

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Invites have now been sent out. Next week I won't be at home, and I'm back at the end of the month, and since I have quite much to do until then, I'll probably prioritize playing some games during the spare time I have left, and might not check in here so much. During that time the other admins in the group will handle any invites and questions. The group recruitment is still open.

7 years ago

Tricky things:

1) There are some games where you complete everything possible, but the developers prevent you from getting 100% throwing thing some clusterfuck thing you'll spend days to complete and only get frustration in return.

For example, Russian Horror Story and its shooting mini-game. The novel is interesting, nicely done and fun to read, but the mini-game (inside the visual novel!) is almost unplayable and requires you to spend maybe days to get a specific score. Fuck that. Not to mention achievements are meaningless pictures anyway. I've seen all the endings, for me the game is 100% completed.

There are also games with bugged achievements which won't unlock or that 1$ Russian game about illegal sewing factories which has the in-game cheat option to unlock all achievements at once...It's technically not SAM or anything and "part" of the game, but you don't even need to play it.

2) Multiplayer games. How you mark them beaten or completed? I've marked some multiplayer games as Beaten, the ones I've played a lot and don't want really to return to them anymore. Like Rocket League. Spent 12 hours on it, whenever I install it and try to play again, 1-2 matches and that's it, no more. Great game, but had enough of it.

Many multiplayer games can never be 100% completed, time specific events or people just don't play it anymore. Or the game was dead from the beginning. For example, I won Clash on SG. Yeah...This one at least is F2P now, games like Purgatory didn't even get that, staying dead from the beginning to the end.

3) The games which I have on Steam but completed elsewhere. I've beaten Resident Evil 4 on PC (that infamous port which was a physical release), but HD edition on Steam for me is 0%. I got it because I'm planning to replay it (it's an amazing game with good replayability), but it's definitely "Beaten" to me.
I've also beaten DMC on PS3 and Resident Evil Remake on Wii (essentially the Gamecube original). The same thing - extremely good games which I want to re-visit on PC someday. But both definitely Beaten.

What do you think, tso? 1 and 3 are somewhat tricky ponies, but 2 is easy - could multiplayer games be considered as Beaten or it won't count?

7 years ago*

100% is not required in any game. Some games might take 10 or so hours to complete the story mode, but twice the time to get all achievements. For the group (and BLAEO), finishing the game in the 10 or so hours is enough to mark it as "beaten", and that is all that the group requires. BLAEO has a second level for finished games: "completed", reserved for games with 100% achievements gained.

I wrote a post on BLAEO about marking endless (also applies to multiplayer) games as finished (linked from the guide in the original post). I suggest using that method. A multiplayer game would maybe take 15-40 hours (depending on the game) to explore enough to feel that you have experienced most of what the game has to offer, and the rest could be viewed as "replaying" / going for achievements.

Games won on Steamgifts that you have played on another system should still be marked as unplayed. If you won the Steam version with the intent to replay it on Steam/PC, leave it marked as unplayed until you have played and finished it - on Steam/PC.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Oh, it's only up for a couple of days - this needs more bumps I guess >:D

Well we surely appreciate free gifts (:P), but... I don't see why you shouldn't just apply for the group - it's not like we are overcrowded and you do seem to exceed the application-mins! :D

Well if you don't really feel like applying, you can just add one of us admins and we make sure that people get the link - however this guestgift-method is still new and we will have to figure out how this works best, so that everyone gets informed easily. I would suggest to any guestgifter that a giveaway should run for a decent amount of time(1 week+).

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

Jeah no problem for having to wait. I do collect applications in batches :D

Hmmm, well, isn't there a custom sg-skin in black? I have heard that a couple of people have trouble with this bright white and that, that is a good reason to use it. here maybe?

Anyway, you do fulfil the miinimum requirements and also have a decent amount of finished wins and gametime. I'll add your application to the others and get back to you, when all admins have chimed in.

7 years ago*

Disable the dynamic contrast and dial down brightness. Or better yet, change monitor to something semi-decent (Being over-sensitive to blue led backlight, after long searching&testing I've bought EIZO's EV series one.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Two hours since last bump?! No way... Bump!

View attached image.
7 years ago

I know right.

7 years ago

And have another one.

7 years ago

I think another bump is required... so, Bump! :D

View attached image.
7 years ago

I am getting serious about this again!!! Count me in? Currently consuming Skyrim which isn't a steamgift win but hopefully I will be done with that soon! :D

I am at 28% played? See here...

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 440.30
Real CV Won: 43.00
Real CV Ratio: 10.24

7 years ago

Looks good so far - I get back to you in a couple of days or less probably

7 years ago

Great! Just let me know!

P.S. Bump!

7 years ago

I would like to join :D

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 267.30 $
Real CV Won: 8.25 $
Real CV Ratio: 32.4

7 years ago

Hi karabatic33,

Thanks for your application! You do fullfil the minimum requirements for an applier.
However, as stated in the initial post, we select new members on an individual level. To find members, that are a good fit to this group, we mainly use the number of finished sg-wins and gametime-spent as a measurement. Having only finished one short game out of 4 wins is not enough to decide whether you would fit into this group or not.
I would suggest you give it a couple of months; play the rest of your wins and just acclimate yourself with BLAEO. Then decide, if this group is really what you want to be part of, and then apply again.

7 years ago

Hello I would like to apply again for the group.

BLAEO profile
BLAEO list/attack plan
Real CV Sent: 267.30 $
Real CV Won: 24.15 $
Real CV Ratio: 11.06

7 years ago

give it a couple of months

7 years ago

Oh my bad see you in a couple of months again (´・◡・`)

7 years ago

With this group we are trying to create a place, where anyone can make a giveaway and be relatively sure, that that game gets played by the winner. It is however difficult to actually apply a measurement to find people, that are responsible with their wins. We do think that the completion rate of an appliers sg-wins is a good indication. But, what is a good completion-rate that ensures, that a future member is responsible with their wins? 50%? 75%? How many games should they have played to give this rate any meaning?
The point is, we could have made clear and visible applications rules like: Someone with 15 wins needs a completion rate of 50% and at least 150 hours spent with their wins or something like that. This does sound reasonable, when you think about, what our goal of this group is, but users like this are in the minority on this site and we would never been able to find enough members - although we believe that there are enough people, that can be responsible with their wins, when asked to. We think that this approach would not have yielded the best results and with the right software, it's easy to fake these statistics anyway, if someone really wants to.

We decided upon an "individual evalution" application-process. We gave out these minimum requirements in the OP, that in our opinion are kind of low, but we just then look at every application ,that fulfills these and then try to make a "good call" based on various factors.
The downside of this method is, that it's difficult to see for members, appliers and people, who are undecided if they want to be part of this group, how the application process actually works and it can give the impression that our decisions are just arbitrary and biased - while we actually just try to make good decisions based on the informations we have.
However, to make our application process a bit more transparent for others, I always try to throw in some general informations about our application process, so that others, who read this thread, get a sense of how all this works. It is meant for everyone to be read and this may have lead to a misunderstanding regarding my last reply to your application.

I did not want you to now boost your game-time through idling and just play through the next short games and then re-apply.
Our problem with your application was, that while you could have just played through the few wins you have and then apply, you just choose to play your shortest win and think that would be enough to be invited to this group. While there is nothing wrong with that, it gives us the impression that you just went for the easiest way to snatch an invite for this group - and that's just not a good first impression. This is why I said "give it a couple of months", because I wanted you to reconsider what this group might be about and well... just enjoy your sg-wins.
While I said, that your application made a bad first impression, I'm also aware that this is not necessarily done with a bad intent, but because we have this application-checklist. So, jeah, we would rather see an applier who actually likes to play through their wins instead of just boosting their game-time and going for the completion of their shortest wins. (I also have the impression that you used a walkthrough for Kathy Rain? Anyway.)
So please, take this "couple of months" literally and figure out if you actually want to be part of this group, before re-applying.

7 years ago*

Closed 6 years ago by tso184.