In my previous (now closed) mice thread, I needed a base unit or some sort of reference rather than blatantly asking people to post mice suggestions. I will use the Logitech G502 as reference because the mouse has been mentioned, and loved, more often than any other mice on the internet. However, the mouse is close to $60 and that is a bit steep for me. Is there a lesser version of the G502 but still retains all, if not most, beneficial qualities of the mouse?

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I am not too sure on the USD price but I have been using this for close to 2 years now with no problems.

6 years ago

Logitech g402?

6 years ago

The G500s is the older version of the G502. I don't know if you will be able to find it for a much lower price though.

6 years ago

My expensive mouse broke, and I ended up using Logitech G300 as an alternative. It's quite good, could be a bit bigger.

6 years ago

Well honestly that's a pretty good price for a good mouse - just try finding a good sale!

Mice that are significantly cheaper, like in the sub 30 dollar range, are not really possible to differentiate enough to recommend a single one in my opinion.

6 years ago

I use a Logitech M500 for years now. The click function on the scroll wheel broke after about 5 years (it still works though), so I bought a new M500. I'll be good for another 5 years I hope.

I think it's a very good mouse for its price (and I don't seem to be the only one thinking so).

6 years ago

I am using the g502, and although I like it quite a bit, it's far from perfect.
1) The scroll wheel has two modes but none works well. The free spin mode is too sensitive, so it tends to retract a lot in the opposite direction when you stop spinning. The normal scroll mode produces a loud, annoying roar. I'd take my old gigabyte m8000x scroll wheel any day!
2) If your fingers get even slightly sweaty, the left and right mouse button produce an annoying springy noise when you release a press. This can be stopped if you wash your hands and dry them thoroughly (I found this solution on forums where people were complaining about this).
3) The mouse shape on the back leaves my palm hanging empty, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

I won't get to the positives, there are many things to like, enough to make me keep it despite the flaws. However, I do feel it's an overhyped product that fell below my expectations in the end. I'm sorry I did not recommend any alternative mouse, just wanted to illustrate that you are not necessarily missing out or compromising by not getting a g502.

6 years ago

I had considered a variety of mices, especially the Logitech G502, mainly because of the good reviews it had. But once I tried out the mouse in the shop, it just doesn't suit my hands. Eventually, I settled on a much cheaper but very comfortable Logitech G102. I'm using it around 2 months for now & really like it so far.

6 years ago

Is the G102 suitable for palm grips?

6 years ago

I can't say for sure because I don't know the size of your hands. I have smallish sized hands though, so it suits me fine. But look below @ MbahRyuki' comments on the G102 review. I had based my purchase decision to a large part to RocketJumpNinja's youtube review as well.

6 years ago

You could try the G402 :) Currently my daily driver and if I'm not mistaken, it has all the essential features of the G502 less the multicolor RGB.

6 years ago

One of the only brands I'd buy outside of Logitech (502 myself)

Corsair Gaming SABRE
also comes in 10k dpi for a few bucks more.

Mostly because of Corsair quality and warranty.

Otherwise I'd go for a Logitech G300S or G400S.

6 years ago

Is the Sabre mouse for palm grippers?

6 years ago

No, it's a claw grip mouse, unless you have really small hands
I have huge hands, and the 502 is a claw grip for me, too. Well, everything is, really. -_-

If you're looking for palm grip, then the G300S or 400S.

6 years ago

Owner of a g402 for 8 months. Never had a problem. Always play smooth

6 years ago

I have a G502 (and had a G500 before that) but for only one reason; it allows you to push the mousewheel to the left and right and bind a keypress to those actions. It's just so perfect to have Home and End available on a mouse.

I really don't care about any of the other functions so I would love to know if there are other, cheaper, mice that have that same function. I've googled a lot when my G500 became a little wonky but I couldn't find any. I would love to be proven wrong.

6 years ago

Anyone tried the Zowie EC2-A?

6 years ago

I was thinking about trying the Logitech G Pro (recently) which has gone to as low as 34.99. it's currently $53.00 on Amazon and I'm waiting for the price drop.

Anyway, before I answer your EC2-A question you need to know I've used a Logitech G9x for years and am very very unlikely to give it up until it physically won't operate (Claw/Fingertip Grip)? That being said, the EC2-A was not to my liking AT ALL. Way to high and to much palm touching. Out of all the Zowie mice I've tried the FK1 is by far my favorite. The FK2 was to small and the FK1+ to big. All of the Zowie​ mice use the same sensor so it really comes down to physical preference at that point.

6 years ago

I've just about worn off the glide pads on my G500, but I still don't want to give it up, yet. (

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.