Welcome to this years 'What are you trying to win lately' thread! The rules are the same as Last year:

In a single post, state the name of the game(s) you've been entering the most giveaways for recently but have been unable to win.
Then, if someone with a spare key for it is feeling generous, you might just get a nice little Christmas present :)

Last years thread was incredibly successful, with hundreds of games being given away and almost 1500 posts in total by the time the thread closed! Lets make this another year to remember :)

EDIT: And that's it folks! Thanks go out to all those who chose to give this holiday season, and a very merry Christmas to all!

6 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I guess my recent most entries are for

Back 4 Blood
Space Gladiators thnx canis39 <3
Unpacking
The Pale Beyond thnx vot4ol <3

5 months ago*

Added you for Space Gladiators.

5 months ago

added for pale beyond

5 months ago

Reading this thread through caused some warm inside of me
The first things come to my mind are
Technobabylon
TSIOQUE
wish Anno 1800 was available through Steam

5 months ago*

Added on Steam, I have Tsioque :) Message me when you accept ^^

Cheers.

5 months ago

But... Anno 1800 is on Steam, though?

5 months ago

Oh. Its my region then. This is how Anno's Steam page looks for me

View attached image.
5 months ago

Oh, oof. Yeah, your region gets lots of restrictions. :/

5 months ago

I've been fishing for these three without any luck yet:

• Arcane Worlds (Thank you PaganFears!)
  • Inmost
  • Forager

Besides those, my list of "games I missed from Humble Bundle" has been whittled down to these:

• GNOG
  • Jurassic World Evolution
  • Heave Ho (Thank you Wolfedood!)
  • Jackbox Party Pack 2
  • TIS-100
  • Avernum 2
  • Infinifactory
  • The Magic Circle
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Switchcars.
5 months ago*

Can help slightly whittle those "missed from Humble" with an extra Heave Ho

5 months ago

I'd be very grateful for that, thank you! That one recently eluded me on another forum, would be nice to have it done with.

5 months ago

I have an Arcane Worlds key for you. I'll add you on Steam tonight when I have a bit more time.

5 months ago

Looking forward to it, thank you very much! Ran across that a decade ago when it was new, forgot about it, and rediscovered it through this site, been trying to catch it since then.

5 months ago

Currently I'm primarily gunning for
* Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure Thanks canis39 :)

• The Entropy Centre
  • Sapiens

These three look like they could be much fun to play.

5 months ago*

Hi, I'm a bit new here so I haven't won anything yet. But it's been a fun experience nevertheless, and I think the holiday event has been keeping things exciting. I've been enjoying peeking into the gift boxes πŸ˜„

I'll list some I've been looking out for.

From the Jingle Jam:
Aces and Adventures
Arcade Spirits
Signs of the Sojourner
The Entropy Centre

Otherwise it's been:
Edge of Eternity
House of Ashes (Dark Pictures)
Echo
Injustice 2
Syberia 3 and Syberia: The World Before

Happy Christmas everyone!

5 months ago*

I've been entering giveaways for these games lately but no luck so far:

Unpacking
ICBM
Cloudpunk
SILT
A Short Hike
The Legend of Tianding
Minute of Islands
Tinytopia
War Mongrels
Time Loader
Slice of Sea
Roadwarden
Evil Genius 2
Metal: Hellsinger
Terror of Hemasaurus
Scarlet Tower
Prodeus
Lost Words: Beyond the Page

5 months ago

I tried a lot of times these games but my lucky is just not good haha

Dreamscaper -> Trying since 9 months ago (15 entries)

Spirit Hunter: Death Mark -> Trying since 11 months ago (20 entries)

Chivalry 2 -> Trying since 4 months ago (26 entries)
( fun fact: 6 of these giveaways got deleted after a day and I was always curious to know why)

Ghostrunner -> Trying since 1 YEAR ago (40 entries! wew) (Thank you so much canis39!)

These games seem to absorb all my bad luck haha

5 months ago*

If giveaways get deleted while they are running, the probable reasons are that

• the game is from a recent bundle and someone told the giveaway's creator that region restrictions are missing. In those cases the giveaway often is created again with those restrictions.
  • someone messed up their key list and notices that the keys already have been given away or activated by themself.

Edit: Take a look at one bundle with Chivalry. The region restrictions are rather strict, so probably many messed them up.

5 months ago*

oh I see, thanks for the information you freed me from curiosity haha <3

5 months ago

Added you for Ghostrunner.

5 months ago

I've missed a lot of the encore bundles sadly so I've been trying for Dicey Dungeons, Patch Quest and Baba Is You the most.

5 months ago

Sent you steam invite for patch quest.

5 months ago

Hey, thank you! Added you back, sorry for the late response I work a lot this week, holidays.

5 months ago

Welp, it's a long shot, but still. The Last Remnant - since the game has been removed from the store, and grey markets are...grey, I had no luck with getting it. So, if maybe someone still have a key, I would gladly play it.

5 months ago

"Sable" (31 entries + wishlist)
"Murder by Numbers" (80 entries + wishlist) Thank you Flygonite πŸ’œ
"Creaks" (37 entries + wishlist) Thank you Millsshogun πŸ’œ
"Dorfromantik" (22 entries + wishlist)
"Stardew Valley" (17 entries + wishlist)
"ELEX II" (17 entries + wishlist)

"Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?" (137 entries)
"Merchant of the Skies" (108 entries)
"Roadwarden" (97 entries)

5 months ago*

Hey there, I believe I've got a Creaks key, added you on Steam.

Message me there if you accept the request.

Best regards.

5 months ago

Thank you very much! πŸ’œ

5 months ago

Bit offtopic but how did you get those entry counts? Some kind of a fancy tool? Counting one by one? Some section is SG I've completely missed?

5 months ago

magnifying glass icon next to each game title

5 months ago

You can go to Entered from the main page sidebar, switch the view from the top right to All and search for each title and see how many results come back at the bottom of the page

5 months ago

Hi!
I go to Entered giveaways ( https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/entered )
Then I used the search bar to find all the entered giveaways for a certain game.
You need to put the view to "all" instead of "open" and go to the last pages of entries (if it are multiple pages) to see the total of entered giveaways for that specific game.

5 months ago

I'll murder one of these entries on your list :)

5 months ago

Thank you so much! πŸ’œ

5 months ago

I just came across this topic, great idea! I'll take some time to look over other folks requests.

========

Here are two games on my wishlist that I've particularly tried for...

Dungeon Defenders: I love Tower Defense games, and this one seems particularly unique!

Tormented Souls: Looks like it has a great atmosphere (I hope any puzzle parts are not too hard for me to solve, lol).

========

Tremendous thanks to anyone who finds a spare key for either of these. Happy Holidays to everyone.

5 months ago

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling

5 months ago

I have been trying to get WWE 2k23 right now, but all time I've been trying to win these games for a long time:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
GRIS
A Plague Tale: Innocence
nba2k22/23
DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT
Zombie Army TrilogyThanks to DrTenma
Batman: Arkham Knight
Batmanβ„’: Arkham Origins

5 months ago*

I might have WWE 2K23 for you. What region are you from? My key is for Europe/EMEA region.

5 months ago*

sadly im from SEA(Philippines) region lock

5 months ago

Hi, added on steam to help you raise a Zombie Army

5 months ago

accepted, thank you in advance ^^

5 months ago

I feel a bit awkward putting my hand up in here, I don't have any unused keys of my own to try and fulfil requests for others, but, well nothing ventured I suppose.

Been trying for Homeworld Remastered Collection for a while (86), it's something I'm rather interested in as I'm having to jump through more and more hoops to try and get my old retail copies to work these days. And I know it was given away on Epic recently but I was a fool and left redeeming it to the last day when I promptly lost internet access for a bit over a day 😭.

Thanks for the opportunity to try at least, I'd understand if nothing comes of it, you do get a decent chunk of CV from giving it away properly after all. Thanks for reading and warm greetings of the festive season to everyone!

5 months ago

I feel a bit awkward putting my hand up in here, I don't have any unused keys of my own to try and fulfil requests for others, but, well nothing ventured I suppose.

Been trying for Homeworld Remastered Collection for a while (86), it's something I'm rather interested in as I'm having to jump through more and more hoops to try and get my old retail copies to work these days. And I know it was given away on Epic recently but I was a fool and left redeeming it to the last day when I promptly lost internet access for a bit over a day 😭.

Thanks for the opportunity to try at least, I'd understand if nothing comes of it, you do get a decent chunk of CV from giving it away properly after all. Thanks for reading and warm greetings of the festive season to everyone!

@Mhol1071:

Hm, I do have a key for Homeworld Remastered Collection. I also have a key for Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak so I thought I might even give you both.

Then I looked at your library to see if you already own the latter, which you do. And then I saw you having 13.6h of playtime in it while not having a single achievement, but I thought "ok, it's a different kind of game, maybe they didn't really like it". Then I looked at your other games and saw that you have hundreds of hours in a lot of your games but not a single achievement at all.

So I don't know man. Looks kinda weird. I don't think that's even possible when actually playing the games and not just idling them for cards. If you don't have a really convincing explanation, I think I'm gonna keep that key for now.

5 months ago

Well mate you do what you want to do. I spent ages trying to get Kharak to work on my crappy laptop but it seems the Intel graphics let me down in the spec department, would slow down and lock up a few minutes into the first mission. Couldn't find a workaround so I've dropped it for now.
A lot of the games I won through IndieGala are one's I'm not terribly interested in and someone I know recommended I at least get the cards out of them, said they'd be worth it. He and I must have different definitions of worth, I've stopped now because I've got tonnes of cards that I don't even know if I'm going to do anything with. I don't really get the social/levels/badge stuff on Steam. Too old I suppose.
My more recent games are waiting until either I get rich & put together a new PC (unlikely) or a former colleague comes back to town and I have an arrangement to borrow one of his gaming laptops. Because I have to turn all the graphics settings right down I don't tend to do much in alot of the games I play, mostly just get a feel for them.
Look, long story short like I said you do you. If you find someone more deserving then brilliant, I'm sure they'll enjoy it. Thanks for considering and have a nice day.

5 months ago

Well mate you do what you want to do. I spent ages trying to get Kharak to work on my crappy laptop but it seems the Intel graphics let me down in the spec department, would slow down and lock up a few minutes into the first mission. Couldn't find a workaround so I've dropped it for now.
A lot of the games I won through IndieGala are one's I'm not terribly interested in and someone I know recommended I at least get the cards out of them, said they'd be worth it. He and I must have different definitions of worth, I've stopped now because I've got tonnes of cards that I don't even know if I'm going to do anything with. I don't really get the social/levels/badge stuff on Steam. Too old I suppose.
My more recent games are waiting until either I get rich & put together a new PC (unlikely) or a former colleague comes back to town and I have an arrangement to borrow one of his gaming laptops. Because I have to turn all the graphics settings right down I don't tend to do much in alot of the games I play, mostly just get a feel for them.
Look, long story short like I said you do you. If you find someone more deserving then brilliant, I'm sure they'll enjoy it. Thanks for considering and have a nice day.

@Mhol1071:

I hope you understand my doubts. You've played Endless Space for more than 8h and even wrote a review for it, but you didn't even get the first achievement for playing 10 turns? You can't afford a better computer, but you bought The Last of Us and Resident Evil 4 Remake, which both haven't been below A$40 yet, eventhough you basically can't play them? You have more than 700 games on Steam - not counting the free2play ones and delisted ones and so on - but you haven't actually played a single one enough to even get a single achievement? I mean, there are games that give achievements simply for starting them the first time. I'm sorry, but that doesn't really add up in my mind.

Look, if all that is true, you have my sympathy and I wish you good luck! And in that case you might want to look into trying GeForce Now to at least play some of your games. They do have servers in Australia and as long as you have at least 15MBit/s down on your internet connection, it should work decently enough and as long as you don't play competitive shooters or similar, the latency shouldn't be too big of an issue. They support 1000+ Steam games plus quite a few Epic, Ubisoft and even some GOG games. I am sure you will find quite a few of yours on their list of supported games, Endless Space being one of them. They also have a free offer as well which is limited to 1080p and 1h per session and you might have to wait in queue but that's more than enough to try it out.

In any case I wish you a nice day as well.

5 months ago*

Just a couple of qualifying points, the two games you mentioned and a few others big titles over the last 18+ months were acquired via the Alienware Arena Game Vault at no cost (monetary at least). Even if I had disposable income I'd never consider buying games full brand new price, in 28 years of buying games I only ever did that once. The opportunities were too good to pass up and they'll be waiting there either for a new PC or a loaned gaming laptop, whichever comes first.
I considered GeForce for a time but ultimately I only have enough money for the time being to have one telco/internet service and that's my mobile. Even though it's 5G it's speed is capped, not that it ever reached that level on a good day anyway. At least changing SIMs every month gives me more mobile data than I'd have otherwise, otherwise I'd be camped out at the library.

5 months ago

Yeah, I wouldn't try cloud gaming via mobile either. How does one avoid making a Steam account for ~18 years in 28 years of buying games?

5 months ago

Well technically this is my second Steam account. The first was activated about 6 months after the release of Half-life 2, where I didn't have a choice but to create a Steam account. I didn't have the best experience. I accepted the activating online but the need to download a few hundred MBs just to enable offline mode for a single player game I'd just shelled out $65AUD for stung, especially with my time-limited dial up internet and Steams then-non resumable updater. Without impacting what internet time I needed for my university studies it took me nearly 2 months to enable offline mode. My issue of course but in my defence ADSL was psycho expensive around here then.
I decided to avoid Steam where I could and untill about 2011/2012 it was feasible, at least for most of the games I was interested. After that I just replied upon my retail collection for a while (money became tighter anyway and didn't have reliable internet for along time anyway). GOG was up and running by that point anyway so I was able to supplement with DRM free games of golden oldies (which I'd stupidly given away so many of years earlier).
In 2021, September I think, someone I knew sent me a Steam code for a game they thought I might like. I thought what the hell and created a new account. The key was already activated but I noticed Titan Quest was being offered for free (never could find the retail secondhand) so I just stuck with it. As for that old account it's long lost; not only is the piece of paper I wrote my login details lost after 2 house moves but the email provider I had at the time with is gone entirely. Sometimes I think it's a shame, I see some people go on alot about having old Steam accounts. But then the reality is I just never felt a need for all the extraneous social stuff Steam offers, my formative computer years were just in a different time I suppose.

5 months ago

I mean, we all had our quarrels with that new launcher stuff back then. I am older than PCs, so my "formative computer years" were probably even earlier than yours. And some of our worries surely came true sooner or later, yet Steam is today the one launcher almost everyone accepts and all the other ones are way worse. ^^

So why did you never play Titan Quest then, if owning it on Steam was impactful enough to make you stick with it? It should run on older machines. Or any other game for that matter? There have to be games in your 700+ games library that your machine can run and you're at least somewhat interested in actually playing them. And why run a game (Endless Space again, which should run on old machines as well) for 8h and review it without actually having played it for at least 10 turns?

Don't get me wrong, I am not judging. You can do as you please with your account and games and you for sure don't owe me an explanation. I just don't understand it. And I am quite imaginative.

5 months ago

Without going into detail, my personal circumstances changed substantially near the end of 2021 and early 2022. After that nothing seemed to be as important. It's one of the one's I keep meaning to come back to but too often after I take away the time I work I find myself coming back to my older retail games, comfort gaming you could say or as a colleague suggested to me a security blanket, I can't fully discount that possibility.
More recent-ish less demanding games I try for a bit but having to scale the settings all the way down brings down the mood a bit. And I'm not one that's too picky about these things (I did use the Oldblivion hacks for 10months to play Elder Scrolls 4 untill I got a new PC so I'm not unused to roughing things) but unlike other times in my life there's no clear pathway out of my current situation towards a new PC build.
It won't always be this way, it's just difficult for now. Might be a moot point anyway, if I get another electricity bill in 3 months like the one I just received, PC gaming for me would have to be scaled back dramatically anyway.

5 months ago

Looking at the minimum specs on Homeworld Remastered Collection, they at least match or even surpass most of the older games we've talked about, so you'd probably have to scale that one down as well.

Also there's the issue that Steam won't be running on Windows older than Windows 10 anymore starting January 1, 2024. And on Mac they will drop 32bit support and you need at least macos 10.15 starting February 15.

Your description sounds like you probably have Windows 7 or similar at max, so Steam in general might become an issue for you.

5 months ago*

Currently Win 8.1, 64bit at least. Should have just enough disposable money for a win 10 license next month (gas bill permitting) and then just have to cross my fingers for a Sim card with a decent amount of mobile data. If not I'll just have to see how the dice roll month to month. I don't imagine the Steam client will run well for more than a month or two, maybe three, without updates.
I understand the reasoning behind it, more security is always better. And though I will always have soft spot for Win 7 I'm not wedded to it like some users are (and crap knows I'll be glad to see the back of 8.1) I just wish in the short term it had more to do with overall security rather than (gods forbid) the Steam shopfront not working properly because of embedded chrome. So endeth the rant I suppose.

5 months ago

I liked Windows 7 too and it took a bit for me to migrate to Windows 10. I completely skipped Windows 8. I already dread the fact that someday I probably will have to migrate to 11, 12 or whatever since I've grown accustomed to 10 by now.

5 months ago

I suspect (or at least hope) any forced/nudge migration to Win 11 would be further down the line than even Microsoft would like to admit. Shuffling people to Win 10 via a simple software update was relatively painless, the specific hardware requirement for Win 11 will delay alot of people at the lower end of the scale from updating. It might be different if Win 11 was less of an "meh" update in terms of features, I know for me as a relatively casual user nothing about it really screams "come get me now" like some other versions of windows.

5 months ago

Same. We can hope.

5 months ago

5 months ago

Thanks for the heads up, almost didn't check into the site tonight, only got back from work an hour ago 😴, cheers mate.

5 months ago

Lately I have entered giveaways for The Red Lantern and Trifox. They seem like my kind of games.

5 months ago

I mean... you have a fox avatar, I have to give you a key for Trifox! :D

Added you on Steam.

5 months ago

Well I do have a lot of fox themed stuff :) Thank you for your kindness!

5 months ago

I have a copy of 'The Red Lantern' I'd be happy to send your way. Just sent a friend invite. :)

5 months ago

That is so nice, thank you :)

5 months ago

still Nuclear Throne

5 months ago

I knew someone still had to be looking for this somewhere!

5 months ago

Train Valley 2 (loved the first one!), and Warhammer Mechanicus that probably nobody by this point has keys for :(

5 months ago*

MECHANICUS!

Added you on Steam.

5 months ago

Thank you very much, this is very kind!

5 months ago

Choo choo ;)

5 months ago

Thank you very much, this is awesome!

5 months ago

Happy cake day, glad your bundle wishes came true

5 months ago

Most recently been trying for:
A Short Hike
ELEX II
+
Supraland - this one for 325 (not a typo) times/GAs

5 months ago*

Between us frogs... I might have a lily pad swimming to Supraland somewhere.

5 months ago

Your lily pad worked, thanks! Between us frogs - I have this avatar set to my profile in Book of Demons πŸ˜€

5 months ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

5 months ago

I have been looking for the following two for a bit now:

• IXION
  • Citizen Sleeper
5 months ago

Maybe cause neither has been bundled. Which is what the thread is for. "What bundled games have you been trying to win lately? - Christmas 2023 Edition"

5 months ago

Sorry, I must have been reading the heading too fast.

5 months ago

Rarely enter giveaways nowadays but this thread got me curious so decided to check the ones been trying to win the most and those are:

A Short Hike - 52 entries Thank you canis39 :D
Edge of Eternity - 38 entries Thank you Aneve ^_^
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery - 32 entries
Lake: 17 entries Thank you Flygonite ^^

5 months ago*

Added you for A Short Hike.

5 months ago

I can square away Lake for you!

5 months ago

Added you for Edge of Eternity.

5 months ago

[insert interesting intro sentence] edit: Thank you jiggakills for making this thread!
These are the top bundled games I've been trying to win:

Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition (21 entries, wishlist; I already finished Arkham Asylum and Arkham City)
Control Ultimate Edition (17 entries, wishlist)
Ghostrunner (54 entries, wishlist; loved the demo)
Hollow Knight (26 entries, wishlist; currently playing Ori and the Blind Forest, I think my first metroidvania, loving it!)
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (3 entries, wishlist; has only been in BYOB and Mystery, so not sure if this counts for this thread)
Batman: Arkham Origins (33 entries; not wishlisted yet because I think I want to play through Arkham Knight first) Well, someone gave me that one. :o

5 months ago*

These are my current top three of most entries for wishlisted games.
I'm already trying for a longer time it seems, looking at the numbers.

Syberia 3 (441 entries) - I loved the first two parts
The Walking Dead: Michonne (277 entries) - the other games of the series were very emotional
Zombie Army Trilogy (203 entries) - let's save the world, again

5 months ago

Arcade Paradise

Cat Cafe Manager

Neoverse

RAGE

Roadwarden

Shining Resonance Refrain

Symphony of War: the Nephilim Saga

Tunguska: the Visitation

Yeah I've missed a lot of bundles. Wish I knew about ITAD a few years ago.

Thanks to canis39 for Cat Cafe Manager, Roadwarden, and Tunguska: The Visitation.

Thanks to Flygonite for Shining Resonance Refrain

Thanks to Oppenh4imer for Arcade Paradise

5 months ago*

Added you on Steam.

5 months ago

Thanks man, Merry Christmas. I honestly figured I'd be lucky to get anything at all so that was a surprise.

5 months ago

good news, I still have one for you!

5 months ago*

Thanks, Merry Christmas. Going to have fun for sure over the holidays.

5 months ago

Added for Arcade Paradise.

5 months ago

Thanks, Merry Christmas. I think this one is going to be especially fun since I used to spend a lot of time in arcades growing up.

5 months ago

Lacuna (thank you canis39) and Beyond a Steel Sky were probably the games I entered for the most lol!

Edit: Apparently I also tried Roadwarden for 25 times, yet to get it! It's a popular one in this thread. 🀭

5 months ago*

Added you for Lacuna.

5 months ago

Closed 5 months ago by jiggakills.