Do anyone know why i have a value of ~ 31Dollars?

I made giveaways ~ 59 Dollars.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Don't be a god damn douchebag!

1 decade ago

lol i remember when i used to think mods and support didnt cuss and were very polite

1 decade ago

yeah there's that ♠

I remember when I first found this site - people created giveaways without CV being the motivation to do so, like this - they just gave away games and didn't give a crap about their CV and let it be what it be
and I know a lot of members still do that and I salute them - they know who they are
but it seems like more and more just bitch about not getting enough credit for their gift (it kinda stops being a gift at some point doesn't it..? maybe I'm wrong)
and yeah the motivation behind it doesn't matter to the one getting it but geez louise if you're (in general - not directed specifically at op) giving something away to get something for it that's called trading or selling and there's places to do that

1 decade ago

And then again, the kind of people that seem to want a million $ CV for their pay-what-you-want bundles are not the people who made this site run in the first place.
Give and get does not imply a trade, but an incentive to give keeps the site up. Would you want to be the giver on a site with 50 people giving and 500.000 taking, with an attitude of generosity like the one this thread revolves around?

1 decade ago

You mean Gala? xD

1 decade ago

No idea what it's like there, but you can't count on everyone understanding that it feels a lot better if both sides give, unconditionally, so you will have to introduce those bars to keep the site from being a leechfest for ungrateful kids.

1 decade ago

So, if i give a game away and anticipate the warm feeling associated with being generous, then ....i made...a ....trade?

1 decade ago

not necessarily (although on SOME level it could be argued that it is a trade)
what I mean is if you give a game away and then sulk or whine that the warm feeling wasn't warm enough - and that's what the whole "hey I didn't get enough CV for my gift" seems like to me

1 decade ago

thats the big problem with the cv system, as it encourages ppl to give away more for the heck of farming than for the heck of simply giving

1 decade ago

magic of the bundle games

1 decade ago

• Total giveaways (bundle $): 8+15+15+10+5+5=58
  • Total giveaways (non-bundle $): 1
  • Total CV = bundle allowance ($25) + non-bundle ($1) + 20% up to remaining bundle max of $33 ($58-25)
  • $26 + 20% = ~$31.20

Seems right to me.

1 decade ago

Look at this and click on that (?) next to 'Value' in your profile. All shall be clear...I hope.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by TheMoly.