Hello community!
I will ask you because my experience in multi-monitor (for play) start now :D

So.. i have a main monitor that i use for play.. and second monitor for watch the temperature but.. i want also to use the second monitor for browsing on internet or something else.
With Windows 10 is not possible to move the mouse in the other monitor if you have a game in fullscreen. I have tried some software and one let me use a mouse in the second monitor, but when i click, the game in the main monitor go in background :/

You know a solution or a software that let me use a mouse in the second monitor (also double mouse if is possible) without send the game in background?

P.S. i have also read a guide for fullscreen windowed... naaa for me this is just a agricultural fix :D

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

My friend told me about a progam called DisplayFusion but I haven't tried it yet.
On their website they list many freatures, including those:

• Lock/Unlock Mouse Cursor to Current Focused Window
  • Lock/Unlock Mouse Cursor to Current Monitor
  • Move Mouse Cursor to Centre of Active Window
  • Move Mouse Cursor to Centre of Current Monitor
  • Move Mouse Cursor to Centre of Different Monitor (shows monitor selector)
  • Move Mouse Cursor to Next Monitor
  • Move Mouse Cursor to Previous Monitor

Hopefully it will be of some help. Good luck!

8 years ago

Already tried, but when i click, with mouse, on the second desktop.. the game in the first desktop go in background :/
But thanks anyway!

8 years ago

This is because 'Full Screen' takes control of where you can input, and when tabbed out, unloads all textures and such. You need to play in either 'Borderless Windowed' or 'Virtual Fullscreen' modes. If the game doesn't natively support this, I recommend Borderless Gaming.

I'm not too sure about double mouse, there could be some application out there to mirror mouse input to the other monitor, but things get complicated there, especially if you're playing VAC-Secured games, I know things of that nature actually break the ToS of multiple online-multiplayer games.

8 years ago

Yeah i know, but im looking for something else and not with borderless windowed.. i dont like that :/

8 years ago

As far as I know, there's no way to make a game not go into the background when clicking outside of it while it's in Fullscreen mode due to how it functions. Borderless might be your only option. =/

8 years ago

Here is the solution ^^
Thanks to @powermath

8 years ago

Oh cool. Nice to know, glad you found a solution!

8 years ago

^_^

8 years ago

I use UltraMon and Borderless Gaming (borderless windowed mode).
Combined, I have no problems with gaming and browsing at the same time. In fact, most games will pause when I click on the other monitor.

8 years ago

And you dont have FPS drop using a windowed mode?

8 years ago

I don't play any MP FPS often, so I can't really say honestly one way or the other :X

8 years ago

FPS ≠ FPS
(Frames per second VS. First-Person Shooter :D)

8 years ago

Yep, i mean Frames per second :D ^^

8 years ago

I knew what you meant, LOL.

I meant multiplayer first person shooter, which is typically why someone doesn't like fps drop. I don't notice it as much because it doesn't affect single player game-play as much. I'm sure there is some, but not enough to make the gameplay worse in single-player games.

8 years ago

I will give it a try btw ;)

8 years ago

Actual multiple monitor also do the job. But you have to activate "ignore desactivation".. With that, no need to have borderless window. But you need to use a keyboard shortcut to use it each time you launch the program.

8 years ago

No problem for the hotkey, i have a keyboard with some extra keys.
But i need a software for this ignore desactivation? Or is a standard Windows feature?

EDIT: Found this that help me, thanks for the tip!
btw, there is another software or a Windows feature that do this or i must use only DisplayFusion?

8 years ago*

Well, I know you need a program to do this. This is not a windows feature sadly. I don't know about displayFusion, but I know Actual Multiple Monitor does it.

8 years ago

Ok this is not a problem, i will use DisplayFusion. Thanks for your help! ;)

8 years ago

As it was said, you need to play in windowed mode. Otherwise the focus will always get lost. But it's worth it. I even got used to bordered windowed games, but having a browser open in the second one can help a lot. And if you need it for the game (guides, charts, etc.), having a monitor 90° rotated is even better.

8 years ago

Take a look here, this help me! ;)

8 years ago

You can't do that if your game is in exclusive full screen mode.

Either you need to play in windowed mode where a slight perf decrease may happen(it happens because windows now needs to take some resources to redraw monitor the aero desktop) as well as SLI/crossfire possibly breaking.

OR

The game actually supports ez transition to the 2nd monitor (e.g. Rise of the tomb raider)

8 years ago

Solution found, i can close. But thank you for the interest! ^^

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by Tyler889.