Crab sandwich that popped up in my head:

View attached image.
5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

That's a bit too literal for my liking. Aren't you supposed to only eat the insides of the crab?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

It might be a soft shell crab in the picture.

5 years ago

I had a soft shell crab sandwich before. I've determined that I don't like soft shell crab.

5 years ago

I'm pretty sure I have never had soft shell crab at all. I want to try it at least once.

5 years ago

I do not eat seafood often but I've tried soft shell crab once, if its deep fried and crispy, the whole crab is very crunchy and you would not even know you're eating a crab since there's not much crab meat to begin with at least with the one I ate. XD

5 years ago

I'm curious if you deep fry a hard shell crab if the shell would be edible or not. Like shrimp tails are.

5 years ago

Nope they would not be. Even if you managed to bite and crush them, its like biting into cement and they remain in you body. At the end of the day, you still have to poop them out. You have to chew them down very finely or else there's a danger the large pieces will cut/pierce your intestine walls. Its like those performers that eat nails and such which provide no nutrition at all for Hard Crab's shell as far as I know. Much like I think shark's fin provides no nutritional value too. :) Cheers~

5 years ago

I don't think soft shelled crabs are cleaned, so you still get a really nasty gunky ocean taste. Or maybe the crab I got was just bad.

5 years ago

You could always boil it in boiled water 1st before you fried it, that is if you are preparing it. I would guess anything outside pertaining their hygiene level will not do so to keep the "freshness" and the "taste of the sea" XD

You'll need a nice batter too, maybe try it at a Japanese restaurant with their tempura batter. :D
Cheers and Bon Appetit!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Haven't tried that before. How was the sandwich?

5 years ago

How does it smell? I usually stay away from crab and shrimp over where I live due to their smell.

5 years ago

It's cooked, so it's very mild smelling.

5 years ago

Mmm crab meat.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Bumping.

5 years ago

I have to say for once I am disappointed it does not look tempting as the one shown by @MOtispoo in terms of presentation. It probably taste great but missing some greens colors here and there, the crab just looks too white with the mayonnaise I presume. Cheers~

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.