No entries. Users report MISSING BASE GAME message. Why? Greetings.

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

It looks like there is a game on Steam called Amnesia Fortnight, but there is no base game, so it is not possible to buy it. Then there are a bunch of packages you can buy, but steamgifts may be seeing them as DLC. If steamgifts thinks they are DLC for Amnesia Fortnight and users trying to enter don't own Amnesia Fortnight, then steamgifts will tell them they are missing the base game and can't enter.

That is my guess, but I don't know much about how this stuff works, so hopefully someone else will be able to give a better answer.

3 years ago

They will need to own https://store.steampowered.com/sub/181270/ in order to enter ;)

3 years ago

That is one of the packages being given away. Then it will say that they already own the game and can't enter. 2012, 2014, and 2017 are all being given away.

Or are you saying that if they own one of the packages, they will be able to enter for the others?

3 years ago

2012 and 2014 require ownership of 2017 to enter I believe. So if they own 2017, they can enter for 12 & 14 without problems.

3 years ago

That's weird. I wonder if that's something that can be fixed by support. I know they can manually add games, but I don't know if they can change an existing Steam ID to make it act like base game so anyone can enter.

3 years ago

This is indeed a very special case from what i can see. You can try to submit a ticket for it if you like though ;)

3 years ago

Thanks for the answers. I will give it to the user who won the 2017.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.