If any of you was waiting to purchase Slay the Spire https://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/,
it is $11.24 in humblestore for monthly subbers or $12.50 for non-monthly subbers.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/slay-the-spire

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Meh. Are we gonna start doing deals for everything that goes 50% off now?

4 years ago

If "everything" means those few games which are considered the very best games in recent years, why not?

4 years ago

Who deems they are the very best though? If you don't like games I like, does that automatically mean the games are the very worst? If I don't like a lot of the AAA games out there, does that mean my taste in games is therefore so horrendously bad?

I was making a blanket statement about a game (I personally have no interest in) that, being 50% suddenly becomes worth mentioning over other games that have similar discounts/prices, do we suddenly have to make discussions about everything with a modicum of what we might want? Should we not rather list as well the 200+ other games with similar or better discounts that have also not been bundled? Where does the madness end?

4 years ago

Who deems they are the very best though?

1,000,000 to 2,000,000 owners for an indie game kinda elevates it above most, whether or not it's something you'd like.
To put it into perspective, it has more owners than a AAA release like Tekken 7 (which is also 50% off).

4 years ago

I'm am surprised there are that many owners for a game that only came out 4 months ago, unless it was crowdfunded or had some amazing advertising to start with. I mean, it's a single-player card-building game. Just seems odd.
I'm not surprised though, that it has more owners than Tekken 7 though, given that Tekken is so full of DLC, it's beyond ridiculous (and why I still don't own it).

4 years ago

It was in Early Access for a long time before its release, and at that time it was already extremely popular among card game players (which is actually a way bigger niche than it seems, just consider how successful Hearthstone was for example).

4 years ago

Sorry, I just don't understand the thrill of spending hundreds of hours in a card game XD

4 years ago

Probably doesn't apply here since this game doesn't seem to have microtransactions but for most TCGs one of the main aspects is what is known as the chase, the pursuit of high value or other desirable cards.

4 years ago

yeah, but this is a single player game?

4 years ago

Yeah, I was talking rather about TCGs in general, not this specific example. Although I guess the chase thing could still apply to a certain degree. Afterall Pokemon is (mostly) a SP game too yet people still wanna collect all 150 (probably more like 650 at this point).

4 years ago

Dont get me wrong, its a great card game; with attack and block and animations etc etc, but it def does not reinvent the wheel.
And the way people talk about it makes it one of the most overrated game in recent years, rather than one of the very best; at least in my eyes.

4 years ago

What's so special about it?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

I hate how funny this comment is too me.

4 years ago

LOL

4 years ago

What's with all the hate ? It's a simple and fun game, isn't that enough ?

4 years ago

people think that Deals section is only for the things that are 100% off

4 years ago

ATTENTION! We have run out of Steam keys for Slay the Spire, but more are on their way! As soon as we receive more Steam keys, we will add them to your download page. Sorry about the delay!

4 years ago

I was just able to redeem mine i bought it last night.

4 years ago

tx for the update

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.