Hey guys,

So I want to celebrate that I own now 999 games on Steam!! But please do not check yet, I just bought 15 more games I can only activate in a couple of hours, so till then I am stuck with 984 games... But I just could not hold it back! I know I am more of the quiet forum guy, that reads a lot and says nothing, but I really want to give somehing back to this awesome community:) I hope you enjoy it!

And another off-topic question to keep the thread alive, what do you want to gift your partner for christmas?

Here you go:

31452517 26434163 202674

I know this one is incredibly mean and annoying. You have to decide for yourself if it is worth the effort ;)

EDIT: Answers fixed, something went wrong with my keyboard...

EDIT 2: I now actually have 999 games in my library:D also, the first solver gave me the hint to remove the last part of the puzzle, since it is really hard to solve. So, if you manage to solve all 10 Questions, now the link to the giveaway will await you instead of a last piece of puzzle;)

UPDATE: So, I am very sad to tell you, I have to cancel the giveaway. I cannot express how sorry I am, since I see how much effort you already put in the puzzle, and you were all expecting to be able to win an hopefully awesome game.

I bought the game from a friend of mine, like, a steam friend, we met in person actually one or two times, but distance is just too far. We knew each other for quite a long time, and I could always give him my Paypal money so he would give me the game I was looking for, that is how things worked with us. He had a credit card and the knowledge on where to get the best deal on a game and when. He did not use Trades a lot, it was more a friendship thing. Today I received a message from him. He said he is completely broke and used up all the money he received from me and a few other friends. I mean I do not understand completely what is going on, he refused to give me an answer and blocked me on Steam already.

I know him, he is a really good guy, and I trust him. Nonetheless I do not have a game for you anymore. I have been relying on him giving it to me, now he just effed off. This is not an excuse on not fulfilling your expectations. This is just an clarification. I understand that you guys are pissed, as am I. I just hope he clears his mind and talks to me, not because of money, but because I am worried.
Its christmas time and I cannot afford another copy of that expensive game. Fragy was the only one to solve the puzzle, and I promise he will get something from me for his efforts, sooner or later of course, I cannot buy anything right now, also I am not in the mood for that. But you will not be forgotten Fragy, promise!
For the rest of you who all spend energy and time on this puzzle, you will get something back, too. Something small probably , but there will be something:) Just keep your eyes open from time to tiem and you will find it:)

And once again. I am sincerely sorry.

SOLUTION

You had to enter the Number code here

Then you would have the part of an URL for an itstoohard Puzzle

Q1: Guy Fawkes I said I could be also looking for a person
Q2: Alien This is what the computer said to the Android in the original Alien movie, I was not referring to the DLC of Alien: Isolation
Q3: Jonah Hill The movie was Superbad, my favourite movie:) He was supposed to get Kyle's Killer Lemonade
Q4: Payday 2 I just found this pun funny
Q5: The Last of Us Ellie and Joel stumble upon a horse, and seh calls it Callus, Joel comments annoyed on that name for a time
Q6: The 100 a TV show I currently watch, I like it not too much but my gf enjoys it
Q7: Tafelspitz I thought I wanted to put something in the puzzle most people have no idea of, but is definitely googlalbe
Q8: The Butterfly effect Watch the movie.
Q9: Jean-Baptiste Grenouille The protagonist of my favourite book, Perfume. I spoilered the end now, but I hope you had a good time googling it;)
Q10: simple Jack It is a fictional movie inside the universe of the movie 'Tropic Thunder'

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Reserved for hints? I probably won't give any, except noone could solve the puzzle in 3 days:) So keep telling me at which questions you are stuck;)

8 years ago

hmm Saotoshi, not sure if you meant this spot to post IF you decided or maybe someone would just kinda drop a line here.. so, how do I do this without spoilers? I've seen most got stalled (impaled? XD) in Q9 and Q10, I too, ofc.
So, am I looking for words containing numbers too? am I seeking something gaming related? those are huge giveaways, so feel free to say whatever you need or even don't say anything at all, after all Fragy solved it all, yes, the only one for now :P

Oh and if this is too much please tell me so I'll take it down asap!

8 years ago

Oh gosh, I had to look up the word impaled... I wish i could unsee some of these pictures...

Yes you are right, these are probably really (like really really) hard, and although Fragy solved it already, I am seriously thinking about giving some more hints. But I won't too soon, since I already cut out the complete last part of the puzzle today. Also, I am not even sure if I can use Fragy as an example for the possibility to solve it, I mean he probably works for ItsTooHard or NSA (Maybe both?) how else could he solve it so fast?

just kidding Fragy, I envy you so much for your abilities :o

So if there will be hints, there will come some at the weekend;)

8 years ago

Aww you're cute, you had to look up the word impaled? but didn't flinch at some of the pics for the "eaten by hobos" one? XD haha that's rich!
Yeah, Fragy is something else, like he probably runs both! or he's an expert err coder so he knew how to err solve it so quick! jk as well

Sure, no pressure, I'm missing only 9 & 10 and since you did cut out the other part is fair. Thanks and hopefully it doesn't get too easy that would be kinda bad:P (competition wise)

8 years ago

Bump for Update

8 years ago

Oh crap :). Really sorry that this happened.

8 years ago

I'm sorry about what happened to you.
Don't worry about the giveaway - it was just a game, not the end of the world! =)

8 years ago

Very sorry to hear that. Are you going to post the solution to the puzzle now?

8 years ago

I can do that, hold on a sec, will post it in OP

8 years ago

Thanks for the solution. I don't think I would be able to solve it., I was sure I tried Guy Fawkes for Q1 though. Did it get fixed? Same with Q4. I had tried Payday 2, didn't work. Then later I tried it again and it worked. :S

8 years ago

I fixed everything at the same time, so at that time everything was fixed and has not been changed again.

8 years ago

I'm afraid I can't guess any of the answers, but thank you for this great opportunity!
And congratulations on your mark! =)

8 years ago

Oh, after your fixing I've got 6/10 =)
Q3, 5, 9, 10 left =)

8 years ago

Q5 solved. I wonder what 'KKL' could mean... =o

8 years ago*

It was a bit random, but I've got Q3 =)
Now only Q9 and Q10... Too many possibilities for the last one =(

UPD: This is crazy, but I've got Q10 8o

8 years ago*

Congrats on 999 games! I can't solve any question so far.

8 years ago

I thought I had Q6. You sure it's correct?

8 years ago

Shit you are right. Fixed.

8 years ago

Thanks. Got one. Could you please check the rest too, just in case?

8 years ago

Did already, everything should work fine now;)

8 years ago

damn, i dont have any clue

8 years ago

Yay I managed to get 1 correct answer (Q7)
Bump for giving up

8 years ago

Congratz.
Q 3,4,5,10 left.
kkl?

8 years ago

How did you get only those left? :O

8 years ago

I'm surprized too

8 years ago

Wow, not bad!

8 years ago

Q 3,5,10 left.

8 years ago

Q 3,5 left

8 years ago

Damn. Looks like you'll be the first solver, 'cause Q5 is easy.

8 years ago

Q3 left. wtf is kkl?

Edit: got it

8 years ago

Congrats!

8 years ago

Thanx, gl to u too

8 years ago

Did you know most of the references or did you have to search?

8 years ago

I had actual knowledge of only two. All others by search and reduction

8 years ago

Oh okay, then I might be able to solve it. I don't have actual knowledge of any of these, so I'm only relying on search.

8 years ago

Incredible! That was extremely fast!

8 years ago

I hope now that there is a clue somewhere, cause there are too many combinations

8 years ago

There is, no worries! Keep looking;)

8 years ago

No clue found yet. I managed to get my IP banned for a while when I tried to brute force it :/

Any hint as where or what to look for?

8 years ago

Don't think too hard about it! Sometimes taking a break and getting a clear mind is the best way to solve sth!

Also, hints on that one are possibly friday available;)

8 years ago

Got Q5!

8 years ago

Also Q7 & Q8.

8 years ago

And I only found one thing for Q1 during my search, but no variation of it works.

8 years ago

Then you are probably on the right path but enter the wrong answer;)

8 years ago

I don't know how the answer could be wrong, so I'm probably not on the right path. Same goes for Q2. I only found one thing while googling, but it doesn't work.

8 years ago

Hi there, cool silent guy :) Thanks for the puzzle I'll give it a try when I'll get back home :)

8 years ago

I am feeling very stupid at the moment but where are the questions?

8 years ago

Just another question, is Q2 "expandable" or "expendable"?

8 years ago

Fixed.

8 years ago

...take one down. Pass it around. 999 games on the wall.

8 years ago

got Q6,Q7,Q8 so far...
i'll try later!

8 years ago

Q1, Q4 solved too!

8 years ago

and Q2!

8 years ago

Q5 down!
Q3,9,10 left

8 years ago*

I've exhausted my brain for now. Will return later. Have another bump. You say there will be no hints, huh? D:

8 years ago

Okay, I got Q4, but I was sure I had tried that before. That must have been one of the answers that got fixed.

8 years ago

Oh got Q2! That was dumb. :P

8 years ago

Bump for got all but Q3/Q9/Q10.so far.

8 years ago

Okay okay okay okay i need a break. During research for Q9/Q10, i have seen things ... phew.

8 years ago*

solved Q3.

But 9 and 10 .. not sure if i can do them

8 years ago

My congratulations and free bump.

8 years ago

ok, it's on! q1,2 and 5 are down. what were you thinking on 10? XD holly molly!
q4 down! q6, buya!. q7 & q8 too, I'm lovin' it :D
Sweet! q3 down! only 9 & 10 now. Woah that was random!

*edit: same as the guy below me, neither do I have a partner so gifts either stay with me from me for me, or no gifts at all :S
you don't need to say anything, but we do: thank you for the chance and entertainment, it's always a pleasure to try puzzles/riddles :)
Oh and pre-congrats to your almost thousand game library!

8 years ago*

Congrats! Will give the puzzle a try later :)
And I can't answer your off-topic question since I don't have a partner unfortunately :c But maybe it's not that bad. More presents for me at least :D

8 years ago

Another day has passed and I still have Q1, Q3, Q9 & Q10 left.

8 years ago

Same here, but with the last two =)
Patiently waiting for hints...

8 years ago

Hey there! Sorry to hear all that :-(

But thank you for being way more honest with us, than needed.
The Puzzle was a big challenge for me, and as said above, i got all but the last two answers, which, to be honest now that i know the answers, i would not have guessed without any hints.

I wish you that the stuff with your friend will clear out. I always believe in the good things :-)

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by Saotoshi.