It's nothing secial but it's fun.

https://2020game.io/

https://9to5toys.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2021/01/2020-Game-toilet-paper-COVID-19.png?strip=info&w=724

"2020 Game was created by Max Garkavyy over the course of six months, some of which presumably occurring during the height of last yearโ€™s lockdown. It is a basic browser side-scrolling game that sees players jumping over obstacles with one-hit deaths and checkpoints throughout, alongside vibrantly colored pixel-art graphics.

Each stage represents various trends or major events that took the world by storm at some point last year. Those include everything from the 2020 toilet paper rush and TikTok dance challenges to more serious and traumatic events like the Australian wildfires, the US Presidential race, and quarantine in general.

Released on January 1, 2021, the 2020 Game is free to play. It is a web game for both desktop and mobile devices."

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Umm... how is this a "deal"?

3 years ago

I didn't know where else to post it. But I am open to suggestions.

3 years ago

I'm not familiar with where people post stuff but if i were to guess I'd say in General, or perhaps off-topic, telling people about this cool game you found or something, idk.

3 years ago

Deals are, by definition, limited time or quantity offers which exceed standard expectations. Thus, "X game is free / at an all time low for a limited time!" is a deal, whereas "X game is now permanently free / price reduced!" is not. For those of us who mostly check the site without a lot of time to really look at it, it's important that threads which are high-priority and demanding of a quick response don't get cluttered out by unrelated topics. As such, it's generally best to only put things into Deals if you're actually sure it's a Deal.

Since this has to do with gaming, General is the most associable category. If you want to push the topic more towards the social critique aspect of the game, Off-Topic'd make the most sense. If you're trying to get opinions from those willing to give it a play, Let's Play Together. If you made the game yourself, Game Showcase. As far as I can see at the moment, those should be the only categories worth considering for the present topic.

On a related note, [FREE] has similarly strict community associations, being associated exclusively with limited-time free offers (as the brackets and capitalization is there specifically to draw attention to them, as an indication that they're high-priority). "Free" or "free"- that is to say, the same phrase but without the brackets or capitalization- is what's expected of discussions relating to permanently free games or similar matters.

3 years ago

Sorry for creating confusion and thanks for the advice. It will make things easier in the future.

3 years ago

Ah, sorry; Not sure if you're aware, and I forgot to mention it above, but: If you ever want to edit your thread title or category, you can do so by clicking the green "Open" in the top right corner of the page.

3 years ago

Awesome! Thanks. I changed the category.

3 years ago

Welp, that was not as stupid as I thought. Also it is sure interesting way to present and maybe memorise history facts. So it would be nice to study. Let's say I bump

3 years ago

I loved it. It short, fun, simple and has good sence of humor. Definetly sharing it.

3 years ago

Are you Max? Just asking.

3 years ago

No :)) But I wish I had his coding skills.

3 years ago

Uhm, not showing-off, but I'm pretty sure every game dev knows this small game is very easy to make with Unity :)

3 years ago

I jast saw the dev made almost 30.000$ in donations for this game. If you say it's so easy, I'll give it a try myself ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 years ago

Since this developer already claimed 2020, you'd need a new year with globally shitty circumstances to base off of.
Please, please stop jinxing us like that. >.<

3 years ago

I loved it - great job & shout out to -Max Garkavyy
Thanks

3 years ago

Download link or it didn't happen !

3 years ago

There is no download link. The game loads directly in your browser.

3 years ago

He received almost $30k donation for such a small game. Damn, that's either insane or fake ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 years ago*

I didn't see that ๐Ÿ˜ฎ That's some real motivation to learn Unity.

3 years ago

It might not be as S1mple as you thought ๐Ÿ•ต๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ
IMO, he probably Faker it, by donating to himself to begin the bar at about $25k, people will think he is appreciated and continue onward.

It's hard to believe many people will spend money for these stuffs in such hard covid time, isn't it?
Finished the game, I found it fun, but not worth my donation, this could be done within a month max. While he possibly only spent little time on it after work and prograstinated over six months ๐Ÿฅด

I donated to this masterpiece, which was created within 2 weeks ๐Ÿ˜˜
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289310/Helltaker/

3 years ago*

''major events of 2020'' > ''rise of Tik Tok'' ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3 years ago

He forgot about Beirut's explosion.

3 years ago

So many bad things happened last year...

3 years ago

say so

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.