Introduction

Playing Appreciated is a group for members that like to play games they win and for giveaway creators that like to see their games getting played. This sounds simple, yet requires committent and dedication from members by filtering out games they like to play from all group giveaways and when won playing those within one month. In return members will get higher chances of winning games they want and creators will know their giveaways have a high chance of getting played. The group has more than 1000 members and over 25000 historical giveaways.

Group rules

• You need to set and keep your Steam privacy settings for My profile and Game details public (example);
  • You will play all giveaways you win via this group within one month;
  • When creating a giveaway it is recommended to include a small group rule reminder in your giveaway, something like: "This is a Playing Appreciated giveaway, by joining you commit to playing this game within a month when won.".

How to join

1. Make sure you did not violate any SteamGifts rules in the last month;
  2. Comment one of the two options to enter the group in this discussion:
    • Option 1: Showing your commitment by playing a previous won game on SteamGifts that you did not yet play. The game shouldn't be very short and must have achievements. Comment with the name of the game before you start playing it and comment again when you finished playing it. Please upload some screenshots to Steam as well.
    • Option 2: Supporting the cause by creating a group giveaway of a game that you would like to see getting played by other group members within a month as soon as your membership request was approved. The game should not have been given away free before (marked by ** when creating a giveaway on SteamGifts).
  3. Press "Request To Join" on our group page;
  4. Wait for us to approve your request, we'll always reply on the comment you have made in this topic.

Final notes

More information and a FAQ is available via the Steam group. Current group giveaways can be found here on SteamGifts. Feel free to comment below if you have any questions!

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello hello!
I'd like to join using option 2. I have a few games to give away and it'll be great to give them away in a cool group like this!

1 month ago

Hi ejidehak, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made a giveaway as soon as you can :)

1 month ago

Is there any recommended settings for giveaways? (Duration, level requirements, etc...) for the group?

1 month ago

Nope, you are free to chose those as you wish and see fit :) The only thing is that the giveaway needs to have a winner in the end so I would recommend against a hour long level 10 giveaway for example.

1 month ago

i would also like to join, and i would also like to do a giveaway for the group.

1 month ago

Hi contentsmayvary, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made a giveaway as soon as you can.

1 month ago

thank you! giveaway has been created, do i need to post the link anywhere?

1 month ago

Thank you for the giveaway! No, I can see it on your profile, so all good.

1 month ago

sorry to bother you again, but someone just told me that my first PA giveaway has to be only for PA and no other groups. what should i do?

1 month ago

Replied on the giveaway in question :)

1 month ago

Sorry, i didn't readed this topic properly. I want to join. I think, that 2 option is good!
I already know, what the game is will be for giveaway!
I waiting... I hope...!

1 month ago*

Hi Phantomen, honestly I am not sure if I actually want to let you into the group. I will think about it some more and let you know.

1 month ago

Okay, how I thinked, that's so... (about my giveaways: I can't make many giveaways, but when I have something to give away or want to give away - I do it)

1 month ago

I have thought about it and decided against letting you join, sorry.

4 weeks ago

Understand. Я понимаю, что из-за одной ошибки сразу ненавидеть - это гениально

4 weeks ago

Considering you think its appropriate to just start writing to someone in Russian, even tho they gave you no indication they speak the language, you have just confirmed to me I have made the right decision.

4 weeks ago

No, I do this, because you maked a mistake, because I joined to group when readed rules, but not watched the joining rules, because eyes don't seeked them. It's a mistake, that can be maked by everyone, don't can make known about human

4 weeks ago

And for these times - i don't had enough time for writing comment, so i wrote that on other language, and now my comment above seems to be full answer

4 weeks ago

Wow, that's ideia sounds cool o3o

1 month ago

I'd like to join with option 2, ill make a giveaway as soon as possible :)
Thanks for the chance to join.

3 weeks ago*

Hi ckrivera89, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! :)

3 weeks ago

Thanks for accepting me. Ill read up a bit more to get into the group mechanics and stuff :)

3 weeks ago

Hey Mouse, I did my first giveaway, I hope I did it right. Let me know if I need to fix anything and if not, hope someone enjoys the game :)

3 weeks ago

All looks good, thank you for sharing!

As for reading up a bit on it in case you haven't come across them: here is the FAQ and here is our website where you can track and see the current progress of every giveaway. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

3 weeks ago

Hi, I would like to join with option 2. Request sent

3 weeks ago

Hi Tobs, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway as soon as you can :)

3 weeks ago

Hello! I'd like to join with option 1. Does the game Ghoulboy - Dark Sword of Goblin meet the criteria?

3 weeks ago

Hi Lyselfia, you are welcome to join by playing Ghoulboy, let me know once you beat the game.

3 weeks ago

Hello, I've beaten the game. Here's my stats and here's a screenshot. I also sent the request.

2 weeks ago

Hi Lyselfia, sorry for the late response. Congrats on beating the game! Join request approved, welcome to the group!

1 week ago

Hello, I would like to join with option 2. Request sent!
Are there any requirements what kind of a game it has to be which i will give away first?
I would also like to know if i can enter giveaway right after im accepted or do i have to wait for my giveaway to be finished?
Thanks in advance for the answers!

3 weeks ago

Hi mourinhos86, you are welcome to join with option 2.

Are there any requirements what kind of a game it has to be which i will give away first?

As long as the game hasn't been given away for free in the past it can be anything you want it to be.

I would also like to know if i can enter giveaway right after im accepted or do i have to wait for my giveaway to be finished?

That is actually a good question and I never really thought about it before. I guess because I always check to make sure the giveaway was made after a day or so (and then making sure that it was delivered once it is done) and I can count the examples of option 2 joins failing over the years on the fingers of one had there has never been a need for it.
So I would say no need to wait as long as you make 100% sure the giveaway you made gets delivered successfully.

I have approved your join request, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway you pick as soon as you can :)

3 weeks ago*

Hi! I would like to join with option 2, I already sent a request! I have a library of unneeded keys I am happy to give for the community :)

3 weeks ago

Hi Herbiehanx, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made the giveaway as soon as you can :)

3 weeks ago

I would like to join with option 2.

3 weeks ago

Hi IronKnightAquila, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made the giveaway as soon as you can.

3 weeks ago

Thanks giveaway created.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing! :)

3 weeks ago

Hey, I used to be part of this group.
I found out that when Googling my nickname, I could find my profile on the group tool. I checked the privacy page on the website that says I can request my data to be removed so I would like to do exactly that :) I would prefer them not deleted and just not discoverable through search engines, but since that would require editing the very website's code let's have them deleted :)

Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

3 weeks ago

Hi Ctouw, I don't have the ability to do that so you will have to wait for Reforced to see what can be done. But we will always keep some data on your account (tho not public) as we need to know who got kicked out in the past and why.

2 weeks ago*

I have no problem with non public data, so this is fine by me!

2 weeks ago

Has been done. Data is still available to admins, but noone else should be able to see it.

2 days ago

Thanks a lot for taking the time!
Cheers!

2 days ago

Option 1: Game I played for the first time and finished last week that I won 2 years ago: Q-YO Blaster

1 week ago

Hi Poofcakes, you are welcome to join the group but Q-YO Blaster wont do.

Option 1: Showing your commitment by playing a previous won game on SteamGifts that you did not yet play. The game shouldn't be very short and must have achievements. Comment with the name of the game before you start playing it and comment again when you finished playing it. Please upload some screenshots to Steam as well.

The game needs to be unplayed before you comment it here, so if you would like to join you are going to pick another game you have won, tell me which one and then play it.

6 days ago

Hiya! I'd like to join via option 2. I have some old Humble keys lying around, and some of the games are highly rated on Steam so I'd like to find them a good home.

1 week ago

Hi ImpactBlue, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway as soon as you can :)

6 days ago

Thanks for having me :) Created some giveaways.

6 days ago

Thank you for sharing!

6 days ago

Hi!
I won a giveaway awhile back for battlestar gallactica. I managed to play it a bit but was simply too busy in real life. After I was notified that I didn't play enough I left the group on my own accord. I would like to reenter. I'll give the game a go now and as a token of good will, if I can reenter, I will give away three games. Good luck regardless!

5 days ago

Hey mrsvart, before you can be considered again you will need to play Battlestar Galactica Deadlock first.

I am not a moderator of the group.

5 days ago

Hi MouseWithBeer, as RePlayBe already said, you can not rejoin till you play Battlestar Galactica Deadlock first.

4 days ago

I have a ton of games I'd love to give away to folks who will play them, so I might like to enter under the second option.

Is this a group that needs a giveaway done each month, week, ect? Monthly would be easier on me, because it'd be less that I have to remember. Remembering is really the only hurdle I have to overcome. ^^;

5 days ago

There are no monthly giveaway requirements. The only requirement is playing the games you have won within one month.

5 days ago

Yeah. How much is considered to be played then?

5 days ago

Go check out the FAQ in the OP 😉

5 days ago

Thank you for that info. I hate having to give away games at a set time, so this is something I like.

4 days ago

Hi BubbyBobble, as RePlayBe already said there are no giveaway requirements other than making 1 giveaway right after you join the group with option 2. Anything else while very much welcome is not required :)

If you would like to join with option 2 then please request to join the group on Steam here and I will approve it as soon as I see it.

4 days ago

Thank you! I sent a join request, and will be making a giveaway soon enough. I love the idea of someone playing and enjoying the games I gift out. Especially when I gift one of my all-time favorite games, and they become someone else's favorite.

4 days ago

Join request approved, welcome to the group! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask at any time :)

3 days ago

Hello! I'm willing to join the group with option #2.
PS: I plan to giveaway Disney's Hercules, classic game released in 1997 and re-released on Steam in 2019. Will group tool handle such a game in terms of tracking game progress?

2 days ago

Since that game has no achievements, I believe it works based off of average playtime. 🙂

1 day ago

I think you are right. While getting along with services named in FAQ to better understand how everything work I found that the game is listed at How long to beat so it should be possible to count playtime.

1 day ago

Close, its average main story playtime (mainly HLTB as from my experience is by far the most accurate) unless that is not possible due to either the game not having a story or there is not enough data for me to determine that, then the average playtime will get pulled from one or more different sources.

1 day ago

Hi AndyFrost, you are welcome to join with option 2! Join request approved, welcome to the group! :)

As for tracking, the tool can track anything and everything except DLC (where the base game gets manually tracked) so it is not a problem at all :)

1 day ago

Thank you! Giveaway created )

23 hours ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.