Introduction

Playing Appreciated is a group for members that like to play games they win and for giveaway creators that like to see their games getting played. This sounds simple, yet requires committent and dedication from members by filtering out games they like to play from all group giveaways and when won playing those within one month. In return members will get higher chances of winning games they want and creators will know their giveaways have a high chance of getting played. The group has more than 1000 members and over 25000 historical giveaways.

Group rules

• You need to set and keep your Steam privacy settings for My profile and Game details public (example);
  • You will play all giveaways you win via this group within one month;
  • When creating a giveaway it is recommended to include a small group rule reminder in your giveaway, something like: "This is a Playing Appreciated giveaway, by joining you commit to playing this game within a month when won.".

How to join

1. Make sure you did not violate any SteamGifts rules in the last month;
  2. Comment one of the two options to enter the group in this discussion:
    • Option 1: Showing your commitment by playing a previous won game on SteamGifts that you did not yet play. The game shouldn't be very short and must have achievements. Comment with the name of the game before you start playing it and comment again when you finished playing it. Please upload some screenshots to Steam as well.
    • Option 2: Supporting the cause by creating a group giveaway of a game that you would like to see getting played by other group members within a month as soon as your membership request was approved. The game should not have been given away free before (marked by ** when creating a giveaway on SteamGifts).
  3. Press "Request To Join" on our group page;
  4. Wait for us to approve your request, we'll always reply on the comment you have made in this topic.

Final notes

More information and a FAQ is available via the Steam group. Current group giveaways can be found here on SteamGifts. Feel free to comment below if you have any questions!

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello hello!
I'd like to join using option 2. I have a few games to give away and it'll be great to give them away in a cool group like this!

2 years ago

Hi ejidehak, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made a giveaway as soon as you can :)

2 years ago

Is there any recommended settings for giveaways? (Duration, level requirements, etc...) for the group?

2 years ago

Nope, you are free to chose those as you wish and see fit :) The only thing is that the giveaway needs to have a winner in the end so I would recommend against a hour long level 10 giveaway for example.

2 years ago

i would also like to join, and i would also like to do a giveaway for the group.

2 years ago

Hi contentsmayvary, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made a giveaway as soon as you can.

2 years ago

thank you! giveaway has been created, do i need to post the link anywhere?

2 years ago

Thank you for the giveaway! No, I can see it on your profile, so all good.

2 years ago

sorry to bother you again, but someone just told me that my first PA giveaway has to be only for PA and no other groups. what should i do?

2 years ago

Replied on the giveaway in question :)

2 years ago

Sorry, i didn't readed this topic properly. I want to join. I think, that 2 option is good!
I already know, what the game is will be for giveaway!
I waiting... I hope...!

2 years ago*

Hi Phantomen, honestly I am not sure if I actually want to let you into the group. I will think about it some more and let you know.

2 years ago

Okay, how I thinked, that's so... (about my giveaways: I can't make many giveaways, but when I have something to give away or want to give away - I do it)

2 years ago

I have thought about it and decided against letting you join, sorry.

2 years ago

Understand. Я понимаю, что из-за одной ошибки сразу ненавидеть - это гениально

2 years ago

Considering you think its appropriate to just start writing to someone in Russian, even tho they gave you no indication they speak the language, you have just confirmed to me I have made the right decision.

2 years ago

No, I do this, because you maked a mistake, because I joined to group when readed rules, but not watched the joining rules, because eyes don't seeked them. It's a mistake, that can be maked by everyone, don't can make known about human

2 years ago

And for these times - i don't had enough time for writing comment, so i wrote that on other language, and now my comment above seems to be full answer

2 years ago

Wow, that's ideia sounds cool o3o

2 years ago

I'd like to join with option 2, ill make a giveaway as soon as possible :)
Thanks for the chance to join.

2 years ago*

Hi ckrivera89, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! :)

2 years ago

Thanks for accepting me. Ill read up a bit more to get into the group mechanics and stuff :)

2 years ago

Hey Mouse, I did my first giveaway, I hope I did it right. Let me know if I need to fix anything and if not, hope someone enjoys the game :)

2 years ago

All looks good, thank you for sharing!

As for reading up a bit on it in case you haven't come across them: here is the FAQ and here is our website where you can track and see the current progress of every giveaway. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

2 years ago

Hi, I would like to join with option 2. Request sent

2 years ago

Hi Tobs, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway as soon as you can :)

2 years ago

Hello! I'd like to join with option 1. Does the game Ghoulboy - Dark Sword of Goblin meet the criteria?

2 years ago

Hi Lyselfia, you are welcome to join by playing Ghoulboy, let me know once you beat the game.

2 years ago

Hello, I've beaten the game. Here's my stats and here's a screenshot. I also sent the request.

1 year ago

Hi Lyselfia, sorry for the late response. Congrats on beating the game! Join request approved, welcome to the group!

1 year ago

Hello, I would like to join with option 2. Request sent!
Are there any requirements what kind of a game it has to be which i will give away first?
I would also like to know if i can enter giveaway right after im accepted or do i have to wait for my giveaway to be finished?
Thanks in advance for the answers!

2 years ago

Hi mourinhos86, you are welcome to join with option 2.

Are there any requirements what kind of a game it has to be which i will give away first?

As long as the game hasn't been given away for free in the past it can be anything you want it to be.

I would also like to know if i can enter giveaway right after im accepted or do i have to wait for my giveaway to be finished?

That is actually a good question and I never really thought about it before. I guess because I always check to make sure the giveaway was made after a day or so (and then making sure that it was delivered once it is done) and I can count the examples of option 2 joins failing over the years on the fingers of one had there has never been a need for it.
So I would say no need to wait as long as you make 100% sure the giveaway you made gets delivered successfully.

I have approved your join request, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway you pick as soon as you can :)

2 years ago*

Hi! I would like to join with option 2, I already sent a request! I have a library of unneeded keys I am happy to give for the community :)

2 years ago

Hi Herbiehanx, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made the giveaway as soon as you can :)

2 years ago

I would like to join with option 2.

2 years ago

Hi IronKnightAquila, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please made the giveaway as soon as you can.

2 years ago

Thanks giveaway created.

2 years ago

Thank you for sharing! :)

2 years ago

Hey, I used to be part of this group.
I found out that when Googling my nickname, I could find my profile on the group tool. I checked the privacy page on the website that says I can request my data to be removed so I would like to do exactly that :) I would prefer them not deleted and just not discoverable through search engines, but since that would require editing the very website's code let's have them deleted :)

Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

2 years ago

Hi Ctouw, I don't have the ability to do that so you will have to wait for Reforced to see what can be done. But we will always keep some data on your account (tho not public) as we need to know who got kicked out in the past and why.

1 year ago*

I have no problem with non public data, so this is fine by me!

1 year ago

Has been done. Data is still available to admins, but noone else should be able to see it.

1 year ago

Thanks a lot for taking the time!
Cheers!

1 year ago

Option 1: Game I played for the first time and finished last week that I won 2 years ago: Q-YO Blaster

1 year ago

Hi Poofcakes, you are welcome to join the group but Q-YO Blaster wont do.

Option 1: Showing your commitment by playing a previous won game on SteamGifts that you did not yet play. The game shouldn't be very short and must have achievements. Comment with the name of the game before you start playing it and comment again when you finished playing it. Please upload some screenshots to Steam as well.

The game needs to be unplayed before you comment it here, so if you would like to join you are going to pick another game you have won, tell me which one and then play it.

1 year ago

Hiya! I'd like to join via option 2. I have some old Humble keys lying around, and some of the games are highly rated on Steam so I'd like to find them a good home.

1 year ago

Hi ImpactBlue, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway as soon as you can :)

1 year ago

Thanks for having me :) Created some giveaways.

1 year ago

Thank you for sharing!

1 year ago

Hi!
I won a giveaway awhile back for battlestar gallactica. I managed to play it a bit but was simply too busy in real life. After I was notified that I didn't play enough I left the group on my own accord. I would like to reenter. I'll give the game a go now and as a token of good will, if I can reenter, I will give away three games. Good luck regardless!

1 year ago

Hey mrsvart, before you can be considered again you will need to play Battlestar Galactica Deadlock first.

I am not a moderator of the group.

1 year ago

Hi MouseWithBeer, as RePlayBe already said, you can not rejoin till you play Battlestar Galactica Deadlock first.

1 year ago

I have a ton of games I'd love to give away to folks who will play them, so I might like to enter under the second option.

Is this a group that needs a giveaway done each month, week, ect? Monthly would be easier on me, because it'd be less that I have to remember. Remembering is really the only hurdle I have to overcome. ^^;

1 year ago

There are no monthly giveaway requirements. The only requirement is playing the games you have won within one month.

1 year ago

Yeah. How much is considered to be played then?

1 year ago

Go check out the FAQ in the OP 😉

1 year ago

Thank you for that info. I hate having to give away games at a set time, so this is something I like.

1 year ago

Hi BubbyBobble, as RePlayBe already said there are no giveaway requirements other than making 1 giveaway right after you join the group with option 2. Anything else while very much welcome is not required :)

If you would like to join with option 2 then please request to join the group on Steam here and I will approve it as soon as I see it.

1 year ago

Thank you! I sent a join request, and will be making a giveaway soon enough. I love the idea of someone playing and enjoying the games I gift out. Especially when I gift one of my all-time favorite games, and they become someone else's favorite.

1 year ago

Join request approved, welcome to the group! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask at any time :)

1 year ago

Hello! I'm willing to join the group with option #2.
PS: I plan to giveaway Disney's Hercules, classic game released in 1997 and re-released on Steam in 2019. Will group tool handle such a game in terms of tracking game progress?

1 year ago

Since that game has no achievements, I believe it works based off of average playtime. 🙂

1 year ago

I think you are right. While getting along with services named in FAQ to better understand how everything work I found that the game is listed at How long to beat so it should be possible to count playtime.

1 year ago

Close, its average main story playtime (mainly HLTB as from my experience is by far the most accurate) unless that is not possible due to either the game not having a story or there is not enough data for me to determine that, then the average playtime will get pulled from one or more different sources.

1 year ago

Hi AndyFrost, you are welcome to join with option 2! Join request approved, welcome to the group! :)

As for tracking, the tool can track anything and everything except DLC (where the base game gets manually tracked) so it is not a problem at all :)

1 year ago

Thank you! Giveaway created )

1 year ago

1 year ago

I'd love to join your group! There probably won't be that many giveaways I'll enter, but when I have a game to giveaway that I like and got in double, I'd like someone who's really interested in it to get it ^^
I'd like to go for Option #2 since I haven't won any game so far. I'll give away Tiny Lands, a little find the differences games that I like very much, and got in double.

1 year ago

Hi galiane, since you haven't won anything on SG you can pick any unplayed win with achievements and play that for option 1 instead. Joining with option 2 is perfectly fine as well, just wanted to let you know you do have that option too.
Let me know which one will it be!

1 year ago

I'll still go with option 2! I do have this key to give, so might as well give it someone who really wants it :D

1 year ago

Sure, that is perfectly fine! Join request approved, welcome to the group :)

1 year ago

Thanks! I uped my giveaway ^^

1 year ago*

1 year ago

Hi ! I'd love to join too. I have some leftover key to give !

1 year ago

Hi PtiLucky, I assume you would like to join with option 2?

1 year ago

Yep, I'd like to see people playing what I give, so option 2.

1 year ago

Then please request to join the group on Steam here and I will approve it as soon as I see it.

1 year ago

Done !
And thanks !

1 year ago

Join request approved, welcome to the group! And sorry for the delay!

1 year ago

Hello, i'd wish to join with the first option.
I've won Main Assembly today and haven't gotten to play it yet, and it seems like a fun game (gmod but more forgiving if you dont have friends)

1 year ago

Hi aerostatik, you are welcome to join with option 1, however I would like to ask you to please pick a different game. Form a quick look it doesn't really seem a game which you could really mark as "finished" in any way. Unless I am missing something there, in that case please do let me know.

1 year ago

Hm, id be willing to make a giveaway as well if i manage to get enough funds, currently for option 1 i can only think about one game that i can play, Planets under attack, Vacation simulator i can't play because i dont have a vr headset (i entered it because i knew of a way to use my phone as a vr headset, but the experience was quite bad and all of the software needed wasent free so lesson learned on that one).
Looking forward to an answer on which sounds the most convenient.

1 year ago

Short update: I've managed to get a key from Lootboy for the game Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, a 25e strategy and sci-fi game that I am willing to giveaway, making me eligible for option 2 as well cause I'd wish for people to play it, looks fun just not my type.

1 year ago

I have never used Lootboy, so correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Lootboy basically give you keys for free? Because in that case I would prefer if you play Planets Under Attack instead.

1 year ago

Basically, there's 2 option to get them: complete tasks to buy packs and get games or just buy them with irl money. Anyways ill choose Planets of Attack as my recruitment option and ill just give away the lootboy key seperatly, as a non group giveaway.

1 year ago

Man, I'd love to be reminded not to join crappy game giveaways, this is already getting repetitive and is pissing me off

1 year ago

Let me know when you beat Planets Under Attack then!

1 year ago

Just pretend like I haven't ever applied, I already hate the game and I'm not playing it anymore, I've already cancelled my request to join the group on Steam and I am sorry for being such an annoying person to deal with. Probably just gonna apply later when I win a game that I am actually willing to play and have fun in.

1 year ago

Alright, that is up to you.

1 year ago

I am interested in joining, however I have a few lot of doubts

• Is use of mods / cheat engine / trainers acceptable?
  • Read the FAQ but wasn't sure about this. If we win a GA with multiple groups that we are member of, and the GA creator doesn't ask us to play the game within a month, do we still need to play the game within a month?
  • What happens if we start our wins within a month, but are not able to achieve a satisfactory score (maybe the game is too difficult. the game's too long, or due to some IRL stuff, etc)? Will cases like these be considered? Specially if we put in some hours / make at least some efforts into playing the game?
  • Just wanted to confirm, though I guess I know the answer. If we end up winning multiple games in a short period, do we have to play them all within a month?
  • In the above scenario, wining multiple games in say the same hour, can I ask for a re-roll in case I know I can't manage to play all of those games within 1 month?
  • How are DLCs' playtime tracked? What about non-playable content (skins DLCs, OSTs, artbooks, software, etc)?
  • This is a rare occurrence. But the game Levelhead doesn't allow you to play all the levels unless you register (registration was free though). However, I didn't want to register so never got access to a lot of the content. How will a case like this be handled?

Sorry for the long list of questions.

1 year ago

Hi aklgupta,

not gonna lie, all these questions kinda make it seem to me like you are trying to find out every possible way to avoid playing group winnings before even joining the group. I will answer them, but I am not convinced here.

Is use of mods / cheat engine / trainers acceptable?
Mods as long as they don't screw with the normal progress of the game are fine. The other 2 absolutely not and will result in a permanent ban from the group.

Read the FAQ but wasn't sure about this. If we win a GA with multiple groups that we are member of, and the GA creator doesn't ask us to play the game within a month, do we still need to play the game within a month?

If you are a member of a different group no, if you are not a member yes.

What happens if we start our wins within a month, but are not able to achieve a satisfactory score (maybe the game is too difficult. the game's too long, or due to some IRL stuff, etc)? Will cases like these be considered? Specially if we put in some hours / make at least some efforts into playing the game?

If you don't play enough by the rules you get kicked. There are cases where more time can be given if needed, but there has to be a pretty good reason for it ("I didn't have time" is not a good reason, "I unexpectedly ended up in the hospital" is for a random example).

Just wanted to confirm, though I guess I know the answer. If we end up winning multiple games in a short period, do we have to play them all within a month?

Yes? There is no limit to how many games you can win in a certain time, but you are expected to figure out when and how you are gonna play them all.

In the above scenario, wining multiple games in say the same hour, can I ask for a re-roll in case I know I can't manage to play all of those games within 1 month?

Yea, when it comes to game winning basically normal SG rules apply and you can ask for a reroll.

How are DLCs' playtime tracked? What about non-playable content (skins DLCs, OSTs, artbooks, software, etc)?

They are tracked on case by case basis. Soundtracks get auto approved, don't think we had an artbook GA before. Skins and software you are still expected to play.

This is a rare occurrence. But the game Levelhead doesn't allow you to play all the levels unless you register (registration was free though). However, I didn't want to register so never got access to a lot of the content. How will a case like this be handled?

Its on you to make sure that the game doesn't involve any registration if you are not fine with it. If you didn't end up playing a game (or enough of it) because of it you will be kicked.

Basically TL;DR: its on the winner to make sure a game they enter for is something they are able to play in a month and to the required level. If you don't you will get kicked unless you have a really really good reason for why it wasn't played.

1 year ago

Hi MouseWithBeer,

Thanks a lot for answering all that.

not gonna lie, all these questions kinda make it seem to me like you are trying to find out every possible way to avoid playing group winnings before even joining the group. I will answer them, but I am not convinced here.

Lol.. fair enough as it might have seemed like that. I just wanted to be sure I would be able to adhere to all rules properly. I'd rather not apply than be kicked out. Also, I have a habit of getting into details of everything.

Mods as long as they don't screw with the normal progress of the game are fine. The other 2 absolutely not and will result in a permanent ban from the group.

Ah, that is bad. Well, I have never used trainers, but I do use cheat engine from time to time, if the game gets too difficult for me and walkthroughs don't help. I am a below average player imo 😅

There are cases where more time can be given if needed, but there has to be a pretty good reason for it

That's good enough. I was indeed talking about only cases with good enough reasons.

Skins and software you are still expected to play

Ok. No need to answer this right now, but if you can, how do you track played time for these? Often the skins can be applied directly from the game menu while software uses can vary a lot.

1 year ago

Ok. No need to answer this right now, but if you can, how do you track played time for these?

On the base game itself. We can see how much playtime you had before the win and how much afterwards. And for the software you are just expected to use it? Neither of these is something that gets given away often and it is looked at on case by case basis.

1 year ago

Ok. That seems reasonable.

Thanks for answering all those questions. Though a few more questions have popped up in my mind since then, I think I'll refrain from asking them right now, specially since I need a little time to decide if I can manage to take up another responsibility like this.
I am already struggling to keep up with my monthly entries for pagywosg due to IRL stuff. Luckily we are obliged to play only if we win that month, so in the worst case scenario I can simply avoid entering when I know I am going to be busy. So, maybe I might reconsider joining in a few days since I know I am gonna be busy for a while rn.

1 year ago

I'd like to join via option 2!

And a question about the giveaway eligibility... you say they can't have been given for free before yet even so they are still marked with two asterisks. Am I missing something here? Examples are Toybox Turbos and Ascension to the Throne which do not have a historical low of 0 on isthereanydeal.

1 year ago*

Hi Pepy,
I have no knowledge as to why each game is marked as "free" as that is something that the SG staff maintains. But I would imagine if they have been added to the list there is a reason for it. It is just the simplest to stick to said list as it would be a nightmare to research for every game separately why and when it was added. And it is only valid for the 1st giveaway someone makes with option 2, after that anything can be given away if someone decides to do so.

Let me know if that is alright with you and you still want to join with option 2 and have an appropriate game to give away.

1 year ago

Yes, I'd still like to join.

1 year ago

Alright, join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make a giveaway as soon as you can.

1 year ago

Thanks! Got just the perfect game I'd like to see someone play.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Isthereanydeal doesn't track third party giveaways afaik. These are a majority of the games marked free so that's why isthereanydeal won't show it.

ETA: I'm p sure that games with giveaways through steam aren't tagged automatically as 0 CV as you can't give away those games to others during that time.

1 year ago

They track store prices, not giveaways. But they do show games that were marked free which is what I was referring to with the historical low so not sure what you mean by that.

But I don't get how it works. Celeste was given away for free on Epic, Knightfall: A Daring Journey was free on Steam for release day, Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders was won by the friend who introduced me to this group; none of these have two asterisks.

1 year ago*

Exactly. You can't give away steam games with a zero price tag nor can you give away a free epic game which is why they're not marked as free. Free games are those with steam key giveaways. I don't understand how the last one follows.

1 year ago

Ah, yeah, you're right. The last one however still applies I think, especially since this group does giveaways through SteamGifts itself. But I would understand if they can't track every third party giveaway as that would be pretty difficult.

1 year ago

option 2. GA will be VOIDIGO

1 year ago

Hi patrinkoSK, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway as soon as you can.

1 year ago

tthank you. GA created

1 year ago

Thank you for sharing!

1 year ago

Hey folks, I really like this idea so I'd be glad to join. I'd opt for (2) - creating a giveaway for someone to actually play :)

1 year ago

Hi Julzerinos, you are welcome to join with option 2. Join request approved, welcome to the group! Please make the giveaway as soon as you can.

1 year ago

Thanks! I've gone ahead and made the GA.

1 year ago

Thank you for sharing!

1 year ago

I would like to enter using Option 1.
I will start playing the game Ring of Pain (SG GA, steam) today.

Also, I would like to confirm two things:

• When you say "comment again when you finished playing it", it means just beating it, not 100%, right?
  • Should I wait until I finish the game to apply to the group?
1 year ago

Hi aklgupta, sorry but we are currently not accepting any new members as I busy traveling for the next few weeks. This thread should have been closed already, but Reforced hasn't gotten back to me about it yet.

1 year ago

Hi MouseWithBeer,
That's a shame. I should have applied back then instead of bombarding you with all those questions.
Anyway, thanks for replying even though you are on the move. I'll try again once you start accepting new members again.

1 year ago

is there chane to be invited to group again without ability to join GA's for now? I was kicked because I didn't played game i won within a month.
but I completed all others that I won in this group
I just have some leftovers and I want to share them with ppl who are willing to play them.
not bots with 1500 games in library who plays 10 hours per 2 week.

1 year ago

Hi vidokas, no, there is no option to rejoin unless you play whatever games you have been kicked for.

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by Reforced.