Hi SG,

Our holiday gift box event is back for 2019, starting now and ending December 25! Dust off Photoshop (or Paint) and get ready to share your creative designs with our community and to unlock great giveaways each day.

https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays

How it works

1. Creating a gift box and giveaway

• To setup a giveaway, use the link above and click "Create a Holiday Giveaway".
    • The giveaway will start immediately and end on December 25.
    • The giveaway will be available to the entire community, although region and contributor level restrictions can still be configured.
    • The giveaway will appear as invite only on your profile and not be visible throughout the site.
    • Once created, you'll see your gift box in the link above and users will have a chance to open it to access the giveaway.
    • Please ensure your gift box design is appropriate for all ages and respectful of others in the community. Inappropriate designs will need to be removed along with the corresponding giveaway.
  2. Opening gift boxes

• You can open 5 gift boxes each day until December 25.
    • When you open a gift box, you unlock the giveaway link and are able to enter the giveaway. Unlocked gift boxes are highlighted in green on the holiday page above, and you can freely revisit those gift boxes and giveaways.
    • You will see a notification if you cannot open a gift box. This could happen when the giveaway contained within is region restricted, when you do not meet the contributor level requirements, when you already own the game, when you do not own the base game for the DLC, when you have previously won the game, or when you have been blacklisted by the giveaway creator.
    • You cannot join a giveaway by only having the direct link. If you did not open the corresponding gift box, but received the link from someone else, you will see an error when attempting to view the giveaway.

No spoilers. Please do not share what games you found or what was contained inside of a gift box.

• Do you think gift boxes should contain hints? For example, should we display whether a box contains a frequently wishlisted game, a popular game, DLC, etc? This might allow users to better target whether they want to focus on certain types of games, or if they want to open less popular boxes with fewer entries. At the same time, the hints could spoil some of the surprise. What do you think?
  • Should we allow 5 or 10 boxes to be opened per day?

Happy holidays!

Updates

• Based on feedback, filter and OS changes have been added here.
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I gotta give you tiny little head-pats for being able to cope with all the bitching.
You either have the patience of a saint, or you're a chronic drinker.

Merry Christmas, cg. :3

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

That's how I feel around here most days.

People getting upset about ratios, statistics, not winning enough, blacklists, and a thousand other things ... and I'm just like "pass the potatoes?"

4 years ago

To be fair everyone has felt like this since pretty much the start of the site lol.

The only difference between now and then is there are a lot less trolls/shitposters. :P

4 years ago

Perhaps you're right and there are fewer, and it's just me noticing them more.

It would be nice if everyone just treated everyone else here as they'd like to be treated. Giveaways are most certainly not what determine the worth of a person, and some are certainly far too invested in this site for it to be healthy for them. That's about as "ranty" as I get this evening.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Cant we get 10 instead of 5 boxes? Lot of boxes are games we own or serious cheap bundle junk we dont want to enter for. And please add Minion masters to list of GAs as a 0 vlaue CV.

4 years ago

Not if you have hidden them and go to Browse > Available section of the giveaway.

4 years ago

I figured that but still cant stop unlocking cheap junk GAs. More Boxes better in limited time.

4 years ago

Only works with timetravel. Hiding stuff NOW is pointless.

4 years ago

Can we filter out games we have hidden too?

4 years ago

This feature was added on Dec 12. Just click the green "browse" button on the top and check "available". This will remove all games that you already own or cannot enter and now it also removes any games you have hidden on SG. It will only remove games that you added to your filter list before the change went into affect on Dec 12. The update info is linked at the bottom of the OP, you can read it here

4 years ago

is there a way for the already opened presents to be highlighted somehow on the holiday page? It will make browsing easier, a couple of times I clicked on a present that I had already opened

4 years ago

They already are? They got a greenish background and a green outline.

4 years ago

You are right, I have not noticed it

4 years ago

Looks like i need to use the pc :)

4 years ago

I'm pretty certain that some boxes are shared somehow. There is a giveaway for DOOM that has 600+ entries while I mostly see 50-60 entries on average...

4 years ago

Some giveaways are done by group leaders and sometimes they link their boxes in group's announcements. I've also seen one of them has opened a thread on SG and simply linked their boxes.

4 years ago

Does the giveaway you are referring to now have about 1100 entries? If I am looking at the same box you are referring to, it is getting so many entries because the box has a picture from Doom on the top. Everyone knows what it is and wants to enter so they are opening that box. All the boxes that are for a popular game and show an image of the game on the box will have a lot of entries.

I have opened a few boxes that already have over 1000 entries and many that have over 500 because I looked through all the boxes and specifically opened ones that show an image of the game being given away. You have a better chance of finding a game that you are interested in entering, but unfortunately everyone else finds that box as well so your odds of winning drop.

4 years ago*

Can't be sure coz most of the boxes I see have not loaded images so it's mostly luck for me...

View attached image.
4 years ago

Ahah! Wondered why a filtered game was in a box I opened. And found the answer here its date issue to prevent abusers.

4 years ago

Is there a way to stop the boxes rotating? It is annoying when I am trying to read the text :P

4 years ago

install stylus and paste this as a new style (it will animate boxes only when you hover)

@-moz-document url-prefix("https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays/") {
.giveaway_box_container--spin * {
    animation-play-state: paused !important;
}
.giveaway_box_container--spin:hover * {
    animation-play-state: running !important;
}
}
4 years ago

I thought it's box default behavior. For me they rotate only when I hover over them.

Unless SG dark theme already has lines to stop them for spinning.

4 years ago

Maybe they mean the one box they choose to open. That one is always rotating in a new window. ;)

4 years ago

they don't rotate in gallery view https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays
but they do when you open one https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays/*

4 years ago

Oh, ok. I did not see * at the end of the script line, and I thought it should work only on main event page.

(I know nothing about writing scripts)

4 years ago

Nice! Thanks :)

4 years ago

Hints would be nice as while some surprise is good, being in the dark isn't.

4 years ago

I prefer that giveaway author's are left to decide how much to give hints. Part of the very idea of boxing is that you don't know what is inside because it is a surprise. That also leaves the option to troll but that is part of the game.

4 years ago

bump

4 years ago

Voting against troll boxes. In other words, clearly misleading gift boxes.

This includes, for example, boxes that present an AAA game in its design, while the actual giveaway is a negative review game. One single troll box can cheat on thousands of people.

Remember, Christmas is not trick or treating. Don't spoil the spirit.

PS: This is not a vote against "mystery" designs, "hints", unrelated designs, etc. Only actual clear attempts to troll other people, through misleading designs. It is disrespectful against the community and disruptive and causes injury to us.

4 years ago*

+1

Some random trash game in Cyberpunk 2077 box was pretty dissapointing

4 years ago

There is a box with "The Last of Us Part II", it's a Holiday miracle 🎄

4 years ago

Well, at least no one would actually hope to find there non-existing PC-version of "TLoU2"

But sometimes you can find in these boxes something similar or really interesting.

4 years ago

+1 Couldn't agree more. Just today I opened an AAA hint box that turned out to be a trash game. Giveaway maker didn't even realise he was trolling when asked by someone.

4 years ago

I doubt they don't realize it. I've run onto another one with 1$ trash VR game in Sekiro box. And he was laughing at his "creative" joke.

I don't think he even paid that dollar, since this "game" were given away for free multiple times.

Well, there is a lot of misleading boxes I've opened, but those two are clearly trolling.

If you don't want to get on their trick again - you can blacklist them before opening any boxes and undo it after you've done with it.

Here are those trolls:
https://www.steamgifts.com/user/jscea

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/nadhmi23

4 years ago*

Thanks! I'll be adding it to my blacklist :)

4 years ago

I hope you know that revealing box content is against the event rules. Not to mention you directly tell other users to blacklist certain individual. Both are not welcomed here.

4 years ago

I entirely disagree with my suspension as I didn't break any rules. At first, I didn't reveal any GA links to anyone, nor did I named the titles of the games that were inside them. There is are multiple boxes with the same wrapping hidden in, literally, 1,5+ thousand packages — there is no way to identify which ones I was talking about. Your accusation is completely incorrect. I've just described what happened and why I think that those two users were acting inappropriately. And I've made it only in the official discussion about this event.

Secondly, I didn't tell anyone to blacklist anyone. It was simple advice about how to avoid prank GAs from these people if you don't like their kind of "humour". I said that users could block them for a few minutes, open other people's boxes and unblock them right after it. It was a simple suggestion to other disappointed users. I wasn't saying that people should blacklist them, I wasn't invoking to take any actions against them, and I especially stated: "undo it after you've done with it". The second accusation wasn't correct too.

These two users pranked thousands of other users and laughed at them. They ruined the idea of Holiday Event on purpose, and I've only discussed it in the appropriate place, trying to give my feedback to SG stuff and simple advice to other users on how to avoid this stupid pranks. And I was punished for that. How is that fair?

I were running a few GAs and I was planning to make more GAs, including a few good ones for Holiday Event, but I wasn't able to create them when I had some free time on my weekend because of suspension. And I don't think that I want to participate in this event anymore. In the end, I missed a lot of great Christmas GAs with wishlisted games and high winning chances, including the closed GAs from my friends.

I've never got suspended before, I've never broken any SteamGifts rules, and I've always tried to give back more than I receive. This was unreasonable, thank you for completely spoiling my Christmas mood.

4 years ago*

Please ensure your gift box design is appropriate for all ages and respectful of others in the community. Inappropriate designs will need to be removed along with the corresponding giveaway.

^So is this rule being enforced too? Or only the one that forbids users from speaking out against online bullies?

4 years ago

Point of the event rules you brought up is to eliminate boxes with NSFW, gore, hate speech, Nazi or KKK symbols, writing hateful messages towards specific members of the community etc. You even have it written this point is about "gift box design". Not "gift box content".

You can't pick 7 words from a rule, and try to extrapolate it to "prank users are IMO bad, so it is not respectful, so let's use rule about gift box design to punish those".

Last year we had problem of some users using gift boxes to target others and attack them. That's why you have Please ensure your gift box design is appropriate for all ages and respectful of others in the community. Inappropriate designs will need to be removed along with the corresponding giveaway.

4 years ago*

Point of the event rules you brought up is to eliminate boxes with NSFW

Oh, that's why boxes with swinging dicks and stuff still plaque Holiday Event while you waging your war against troll victims.

Ok. Seems like a right thing to do.

4 years ago

Only way to delete box is to submit ticket about it with link to the giveaway. We can't delete box itself. And this box is from region restricted for me, so I neither see it on the box page, nor I can't open it to get GA link and delete it.

It was a problem last event as well, but it was not changed on code-side of the event now. So we need to rely on users opening those boxes and submit tickets for us to respond.

4 years ago

I doubt that most people would like to spend their 5 tries to open boxes with dicks only to fill support tickets and report users.

Especially if you suspended those people for giving you feedback.

4 years ago*

I doubt that most people would like to spend their 5 tries to open boxes with dicks only to fill support tickets and report users.

I'm aware of this, that's why those boxes are still up. It is not laziness of the mods, but simple limitation of the tools we have at hand.

Especially if you suspended those people for giving you feedback.

Users were not suspended for "giving feedback", but for breaking event rule and / or for making "public shame blacklist them lists".

4 years ago

I didn't break any rules (and I've already explained it) and I didn't create any "public shame blacklist them lists". And I was suspended. But I guess there is no reason to continue this discussion with you.

4 years ago

you don't need to explain anything to circunvent the rules. you called out people, so you broke the rules.
see the yellow part with the censored links in the image below? that's calling out.
you didn't post those links to congratulate users and give them a prize, you posted it to "warn" others about their troll boxes, and of course expected them to get blacklisted.

it's like me posting a link to a user with 900:0 win ratio.
what am i trying to do? make everyone aware the guy is super lucky? show sg how poor he is that he can't give away even a 1 cent game?
nah, i just want people to blacklist and shame the guy. it's pretty easy to see that.

one more thing, what if you post links to possible trolls to expose them, people start blacklisting and insulting them but you're mistaken or you're lying?
ah yes, it turns into a witch hunt. see, that's why there's a "no calling out" rule in the Guidelines:

Use the appropriate avenues for support. If you have an issue with another user, submit a ticket with a user report, rather than calling them out within the community or on the forum.

View attached image.
4 years ago

It was simple advice about how to avoid prank GAs from these people if you don't like their kind of "humour". I said that users could block them for a few minutes, open other people's boxes and unblock them right after it. It was a simple suggestion to other disappointed users. I wasn't saying that people should blacklist them, I wasn't invoking to take any actions against them, and I especially stated: "undo it after you've done with it".

4 years ago

Use the appropriate avenues for support. If you have an issue with another user, submit a ticket with a user report, rather than calling them out within the community or on the forum.

4 years ago

Add these two:
https://www.steamgifts.com/user/RARDEVIL (RDR2 cover)
https://www.steamgifts.com/user/Voidolt (Cyberpunk 2077 cover)

4 years ago

I write above we don't want to have lists with "users to blacklist", as we don't want to have here witch hunts. Users can't be sure for what reason you make a list of "targets".

And it's not allowed to reveal what games are inside the box (saying which boxes are "bad" and write how they look like / share link to them is also pointing on a game content inside). Boxes content is hidden, and unless you have tip on the box itself (or creator revealed content on their own) - you can't share in any way what is (or is not) inside.

4 years ago

"And it's not allowed to reveal what games are inside the box"
"and unless you have tip on the box itself - you can't share in any way what is (or is not) inside".

And now your statements completely contradict each other. It would be nice to decide (at least for yourself) what is prohibited and what is not. Before smashing everyone with banhammer, you know.

4 years ago

It's fine for author to hint or say what is inside. It''s not fine for other users doing this against creator's will.

What contradicts here?

4 years ago

They "hinted" the games that supposed to be inside. The titles of the game were written all over those boxes.

"and unless you have tip on the box itself - you can't share in any way what is (or is not) inside".

Judging by your own words, it was ok to share with others that the game inside was different. But you are banning everyone for the exact same thing.

4 years ago

They "hinted" the games that supposed to be inside. The titles of the game were written all over those boxes.

And it's only hint you could share. As it is visible by everyone and given by the creator.

So you could write "this box has Skyrim 76 on it's cover, I may check it out". You cannot write "this stupid user is a scammer, there is no Skyrim 76 inside his box, only Bad Rats 3".

Judging by your own words, it was ok to share with others that the game inside was different. But you are banning everyone for the exact same thing.

No, it was not. If author would write on the box "NOT Skyrim 76" you could forward this to others. But in this scenario you could not write "Haha lol, it is actual Skyrim 76, come and join!".

You really don't understand that event boxes are the same as private giveaways. And the same rules apply to them:

Respect the privacy of invite only giveaways, and if you're invited to a private giveaway, do not share the link with other users unless given permission by the giveaway creator.
If you're taking part in a puzzle, do not leak or hint towards any information that should remain private, such as the game being given away, or the URL of the giveaway.

It's giveaway creator who decided what information about giveaway is released. You can't decide that because hint you found is "not useful" you will act on your own and give more hints about box content to the community.

4 years ago

No, it was not.

Then you, as a moderator, should construct your sentences more careful, because you've said the opposite before:

unless you have tip on the box itself - you can't share in any way what is (or is not) inside.
you can't share —> unless

And it sounds as if you have the tip on the box - you could share the info about it.

You really don't understand that event boxes are the same as private giveaways. And the same rules apply to them

I understand it quite good actually. But you still ignoring the fact that I didn't share any links to the GAs, nor did I named the games that were inside them.

4 years ago

I think, to be fair, the one guy who posted a troll box and was like "Hahahahaha! Got you!" and mocking people for opening his box was playing against the spirit of the event. I can't blame AMKid for being annoyed. I actually opened that box since my choices are a little limited. XD. I knew the box didn't actually contain the game that was on the box since I have mine filtered to MacOS, but I thought it would be a smaller game within the same genre... It would have been nice. Just think these things are very much a dick move, but you can't stop people from doing it. =)

4 years ago*

I think, to be fair, the one guy who posted a troll box and was like "Hahahahaha! Got you! "

It was the same last year. Some people like to make fun of others. There was 10th level user that literally made dozens of prank giveaways. Is it a reason to out them in the community and rally others to blacklist them? No. Just BL them and move along. If they annoyed you enough keep them on BL forever.

and mocking people

Mocking is not nice, that's for sure. But that's why we have BL ability - if you dislike someone's actions - BL and move along.

for opening his box was playing against the spirit of the event.

People prank others IRL as well, so it's nothing new. It is season of giving, and some parents give naughty kids coal or birch branches (at least it's tradition in Poland). Is it along spirit of "getting nice expensive gifts you want to have" - no.

Also is it in the spirit of the event to try to rally community against someone specific? If you'd find dirty socks in your Christmas box as a prank - would you try to rally your friends and family against giver? Or walk around saying their gifts are shitty? No, you'd think "I get meh present from them, I will not bother to find something nice for them next year or prank them as well" and move along.

Just think these things are very much a dick move, but you can't stop people from doing it. =)

I know, and if I'd hunt for AAA games in order to get as much from my "5 chances per day" as possible - I could be annoyed as well.

But I am not, I do not consider box to be a "contract" between creator and winner, where creator needs to provide what was on the box image or something of similar quality.

If users would not jump on boxes with AAA image expecting to get exactly that - we would not have this discussion. If they'd open box with mindset of "oh this box looks nice, let's check it out" instead of "I better find here Skyrim76 or I will get angry" - it would be more in the spirit of the Christmas.

4 years ago

You misunderstood. His attitude was against the spirit of the event, not necessarily what was in the box itself. While I thought it might be a small game in the same genre, I 100% knew that game wasn't the one on the box because of the OS I'm on. Had I thought it was indeed Sekiro, I would not have opened it, honestly. I'm not one who cares about new AAA games. I've opened a few and not entered for them because I know they simply won't run on my current machine, so why bother. I also don't intend getting a new machine any time soon. It didn't make me angry personally, I was just thinking "well... you dirty little shit" and moved on.

And while I don't agree with the guy calling for blacklists, I do absolutely understand why he got mad. It was designed to anger someone and the guy who made the box is probably just laughing his ass off at how upset AMkid got right here by outing him. His plan worked.

4 years ago

I also understand why they get mad / annoyed, even when I don't share their mindset while opening boxes. It does not justify their actions though.

It was designed to anger someone and the guy who made the box is probably just laughing his ass off at how upset AMkid got right here by outing him. His plan worked.

If that was someone's intention, then worst thing is to go and discuss with them or try to rally community against them. As it only gives them satisfaction. Not writing anything in GA comments or in the forums would make GA creator left with "nothing".

4 years ago

Well, that is very true. Trolls are generally attention seekers. You don't react at all whether it be positive or negative, they don't bother doing it again.

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

His attitude was against the spirit of the event, not necessarily what was in the box itself.

AMKid's attitude was against the spirit of the event and also against the rules, so the suspension was fair and square.

you guys love to argue about everything. 🤦‍♀️

4 years ago

AMKid's attitude was against the spirit of the event

If the "sprit of the event" was trolling and posting dicks — then, yeah, I guess you right

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

the link doesn't work

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

I'm there? Wait im famous?
You guys need to stop complaining, opening gift box is free and no idea why you're still crying because i put a very nice "gift wrap" with Cyberpunk art because that's my favorite ART.
Imagine if you get gift in real life and you get a LEGO cover but if you open it, then for example you get some books.
I'm giving away a free game that i could sell for small price or give to someone from my Steam friendlist.
But instead of this i decided to giveaway it on Steamgifts but you guys still complain about this.
Don't forget that opening gift box are FREE.
Stop crying. Thanks.
Also good luck with my giveaway.
Merry Christmas.

4 years ago*

Hopefully the not interested filter will be up from the start for next year, the r/choosingbeggars was and still is strong with this event. Yay for free games! But not THOSE, I want GOOD free games!
(While it is kind of misleading to have a different game's wrap, but at the same time it's surreal that some art is essentially "forbidden" by some people of the community unless you have the same game in the box)

4 years ago

Yay for free games! But not THOSE, I want GOOD free games!

That's a year-round thing here, and not limited strictly to the event.
It just comes out of people more during the event because of FOMO ("Oh no! Wasted chance at great games!")

In all honesty, it's why I never participate in this sort of thing - no matter what you give, someone's going to be upset about it.

4 years ago

Yeah, it just occurred to me that FOMO have an even bigger effect than the dissatisfaction. It's jarring to see people demanding better surprise-free games and complaining about people not respecting the spirit of the event by "trolling"

4 years ago

I don't know about you, but the "surprise" factor is all the fun for me (that, and the cool designs some people work out). I get a handful of games that don't particularly interest me, then BAM, I open one from my wish-list and grin a little. I even enjoy the merry pranksters that happen to "catch me." It's like "oh damn, you got me, bro" and I find no reason to get upset about it.

4 years ago

+1
I got trolled multiple times. I don't have the time to check Steamgifts every day... and it is hard to choose boxes. But then there are those boxes which explicitly show one game, and then it's just something I don't even know.

4 years ago

+1 totally agree

4 years ago

Believe or not - but I have found 0 troll boxes during this event.
I just blacklisted one major griefer and some minor griefers during last year event and that was all I needed.

on second thought - hiding about 10k of shit-games could also help

4 years ago

the lament configuration gift wrapped box was nice to see
too bad i had ran out of points prior and could not enter
if only i had enough clicks left in my mouse to hunt for it
cause i would smash that box good...

4 years ago

I made a box like that last year. And after that zelghadis made a troll-box with this pattern too. So I would say this design is kinda overused.

4 years ago

thank you for funny event :D

4 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays/MYAC8
Can someone explain what we see in the image? What the hell is this?
Last year, someone also laid out similar previews with cats and dogs. It’s impossible for me to enter to this "gift box" and see who the author, because "you already have this game."
I think that the SG moderator should carefully check this "box" and its author.

4 years ago

Its a sad cat with a cuban cigar in its mouth.

4 years ago

Cuban cigar? Is they almost flat or what? I do not know nothing about cigars and nothing is visible here. But all this looks is like animal cruelty. Should it be at Christmas giveaways?

4 years ago

It's probably a cigar and it's probably photoshopped. This cat may have conjunctivitis but I doubt it's really have something to do with animal cruelty. But I can be wrong. After all, there is a lot of boxes with inappropriate images (like swinging dicks) and trolls.

4 years ago*

Swinging dicks, pranks giveaways with AAA-games, etc is petty rubbish.
Someone puts pictures with sick animals this and last year. Last year, it was possible dead or dying animals.

4 years ago

Well, I didn't see such kind of images on this site and I hope I won't see them.

4 years ago

Yes, this year almost none. I did not watch all the boxes for this year, but previous year the preview with "incomprehensible content" was found more than 10 times. Someone enjoys what has been done.

4 years ago

It appears to be a photoshopped 'crying cat' meme image, so very unlikely any cruelty took place to create it.

4 years ago

Maybe everything is photoshopped. But someone has strange ideas about funny things. Some people find it funny to poop in soup for blind people. This is not okay. And this is clearly not for Christmas.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Yes that is it. Well done Sherlock!

4 years ago

you can right click and inspect the box code (firefox or chrome) to view all images used in the box https://i.imgur.com/V249N5Q.jpg

it's a sad cat meme like jiggakills already said

View attached image.
4 years ago

Damn foreign memes. Not funny and somehow sad.
Russian memes are much better.

4 years ago

That's because memes are culture specific by their nature.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago*

most of the boxes were to troll other people.

MOST of the boxes?!

That's demonstrably false.

This event depends on users not taking it too seriously. If someone gives you a wrapped present and it turns out to be a "gag gift" instead of a real gift, it's best to just laugh it off and move on, rather than getting mad. Same principle applies here.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

This event depends on users not taking it too seriously.

I hope the event will return next year, I have some meta-plans with the boxes :3

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

U 2 smol to be evil

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

U 2

4 years ago

Someone wrote to me today "Happy X-mas".

I replied "U2"

And get "Why are you mentioning music band"

:lol:

4 years ago

Guess they have Simple Minds if they didn't get it.

4 years ago

I hope we will have more moderation options if event is gonna be back :blobevil:

4 years ago

options

View attached image.
4 years ago

I prefer a 22 oz. framing hammer, for heft and swing. The power to weight ratio is exquisite.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Well in your example the people know each other and have presumably established a certain mutual familiarity and rapport and it also does not impact their ability to open other gifts. This makes it inherently different imo. If you could open all of the gifts and it didn't result in lost opportunities for others then I would agree, but you can't.

4 years ago*

merry Christmas and a prosperous 2020!

...thanks so much, cg and aaall the Support staff

4 years ago

All of my gift box gifts have been sent. One of them had only 1 entry!

Merry Christmas to all 🎅🎄🎁

4 years ago

I didn't win anything, hurrah
Anyways, Merry crimmas everyone

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

4 years ago

i didn't win anything and i didn't make any boxes (except some grass and coal ones), so i guess we're even.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

At the end of the 2019 Holiday Event, I've seen a few really disgusting wrappings (like rotating dicks and shit pile photos), encountered a bunch of trolls, been suspended for a day and blacklisted by 9 12 users for participating in this discussion. I didn't win anything, and one of two winners of my giveaways didn't even bother to say "thx" or something (despite the game wasn't that bad and it's wrapping hinted the type of the game inside pretty obviously).

In short, it was mostly like the previous year, but even worse. Don't think I will open any boxes next year, nor I will create any GAs for Holiday Event.

Anyway, thanks to all contributors (there were some really lovely holiday wrappings and awesome giveaways) and good luck to other losers (like me) — have a nice holiday season and a happy new year!

4 years ago*

Damn, it ended already? It's still christmas!

4 years ago

soooo is there a way to browse the entire list of the boxes now? i'd like to look at some arts and ask the box makers where they got them

4 years ago

yes this pls! some of them were delightfully well crafted!

4 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by cg.