Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Can you check what could be wrong with the comment box's scroll bar? Seemingly randomly it appears and disappears instead of just staying after new lines, or sometimes with every single/few characters typed, and it makes text vibrating. It's been present for me for a long time, but only now thought I'll ask about it - maybe some setting is weird and I just need to turn it off for it to go away - I hope you can do something with this info.
made three screenshots as new lines added will change two-one-two words in the last line, because the scroll bar taking up space, changing the text wrapping.

5 years ago

Please confirm that this is caused by ESGST by disabling it and seeing if you can reproduce the issue. Also try with the theme disabled.

5 years ago

Turns out it's vanilla "feature", stays with literally everything turned off :(

5 years ago

Weird, I don't get that here. What browser do you use?

5 years ago

Chrome, Version 71.0.3578.98

5 years ago

Maybe it's that, I use Firefox, I don't know.

5 years ago

Thanks anyways, and sorry for bothering you with stuff like this :D

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

Does the panel appear? Check the console log, it's working fine for me.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Is this in all comment boxes or only SG's native one?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Is this still an issue?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I just found out this amazing script, well done! Is there an option for hiding entered giveaways instead of default fading effect? Couldn't find it anywhere.

5 years ago

Giveaway Filters > Multiple Filters

5 years ago

My copy of ESGST (Firefox plugin) just updated to version 8.1.12, and I now get a rotating hourglass icon instead of "NaN" while the plugin tries to figure out which labels to attach to each giveaway...

...unfortunately, the hourglass never goes away. It was working fine an hour ago before updating, but now it no longer displays the labels for any games that don't already have cached label information. Something broke. :(

5 years ago

It was never supposed to be "NaN".

But I can reproduce the issue, looking into it.

5 years ago

Yep. The NaN even rotated, if I remember right (you'd think I'd remember for sure, since it was only an hour ago). I knew what it meant, so it never bothered me, but definitely noticed that it changed to an hourglass. :)

As always, I really appreciate all of the work you put into this extension!

5 years ago

Actually, it's working fine for me now after restarting the browser. Can you see if that works for you?

5 years ago

Hey, that did the trick. Thanks!

5 years ago

Glad to hear it! :)

5 years ago

Hello. Restart browser working for me too but only for limited time. After some time getting categories and sync spinning forever. After another browser restart all working.
I think its not got to restart browser every time to get things to work :(

5 years ago

Mine has the spinning hourglass forever as well. It doesn't work even after a restart (or it stops working very soon after a restart).
One thing it does while the hourglass is spinning is the counter next to it decreases to 0 but then keeps going (-1,-2,-3,-4...), the other thing it does is just sit therewith the same number, not changing.

5 years ago*

The negative numbers appear to be only a visual issue, but the icon spinning forever should be fixed in v8.1.13.

5 years ago

I still have icons spinning for a very long time (although they seem to eventually stop). Some of the icons are yellow, some are red. I was sitting on the home page with auto-scroll enabled, a few pages down, and they were spinning for at least 10 minutes.

I think you implemented this to slow down the queries to Steam for extra information, but I never had a problem with enabling the option to get info from Steam as quickly as possible (at least it did not appear to be a problem, perhaps some were silently failing without notification) is there any way to go back to that method?

5 years ago

I'm afraid not. The Steam store API has a limit, so I believe that limit should be followed. Things should get better with the server I'm currently implementing though.

5 years ago

Can you see if it's fixed with v8.1.13?

5 years ago

Seems working now.
By the way i have 2 minor bugs or just dont know how things works

1. Sometimes giveaway filters not working when i go from main page to second page of giveaways. Reloading page fixes it and then it working fine moving back and forth for some time i guess. I cant find conditions when filters not working.
  2. Somewhat weird formatting in Archive of giveaways. Script take time of giveaway and put it far right. I think i never enabled any settings for archive so this is default behavior. Weird that script leaves broken phrase where time initially was. "Created ago by [somebody]"
5 years ago

1. Check the console log for errors.
  2. Will look into it.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Hmmm, so I've done a lot of game tagging today (using feature 7.3) but suddenly it stopped working properly and when I clicked the "Save" button it just kept running the loading animation indefinitely. I tested it on multiple games and giveaways, both from the main page and from the giveaway page, tried adding game tags or removing them for other games, but I wasn't able to save any of these actions. Something similar happened to me twice in the past, but every time it was caused by an update which broke the feature. Today however I spent at least a couple hours browsing the giveaways, discussions and successfully editing the game tags and it suddenly stopped working out of nowhere, I didn't notice any update to occur.

After all of this I tried completely closing my browser and opening it up again and it's back to normal now. Any idea what happened there?

5 years ago

Probably the same thing that is happening with Game Categories, most likely related to https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1169

5 years ago

According to the info my browser shows me I got the 8.1.12 version yesterday. If I understand correctly the issue you linked was fixed in this version, so if the two things were related, shouldn't my issue be fixed today too?

5 years ago

No, I'm saying that the issue I linked is most likely the cause of this issue.

5 years ago

Ah, I think I understand now.

So, are you going to revert this "Enhancement" or is it fixable so it doesn't cause such issues?

5 years ago

5 years ago

That would be hard since it only happened to me once within the last 3 days, even though I now spend time daily on SG.

Will let you know if it happens, but don't really know when it will be safe to say that it's fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Features the "bookmark giveaway" and "hide giveaway" not working.

View attached image.
5 years ago

5 years ago

Thank you, works.

5 years ago

Sync doesn't work on latest version (Firefox). It already runs for minutes now.

5 years ago

same on chrome extension

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

Updated and synced normal now, thanks! (^_^)

5 years ago

Is there an option to stop automatic download of the script data file? Most of the time I open SG an file downloads to my PC (esgst_data_something). This is getting tiresome.

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Really starting to like ESGST as I start to figure out how to use it!
Its been a learning curve for me and Thank you to those that helped me understand.

Is there a feature that will show how many times I have Entered a game GA or clicked to Steam to research if that game looks fun to me?
I find myself clicking into steam more than once on the same game at a later date to feel "neutral".
Be nice to see that I have lookded at a game and did not outright make it "hidden". And ultimately how many times I did that!

Thanks again

5 years ago

I know only of Entered Game Highlighter but this only marks giveaways for games you've entered in the past. No counting.

5 years ago

Thanks, thats half the battle!

5 years ago

How's 7.2.10 (Barter.vg) supposed to work?
Sure, it's one of the game categories. But its description says "Links to the Barter.vg page of the game." - but where are said links? All I can see is the new tag - but clicking on it does nothing (as expected). But there's also no link to a game's page on barter anywhere else.

5 years ago

Do you have the option to show links for game categories enabled?

5 years ago

I'll have to look that up. I don't know the option.

EDIT: I've now activated "Link each category to its related page.". That did the trick. Thanks.

5 years ago*

So... I have hidden a game, and then change my mind and unhideen it (by removing it from https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/giveaways/filters).
The game is not anymore in https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/giveaways/filters but it still has the tag hidden and I only see it if I disable the filters on the https://www.steamgifts.com/ front page.
How do i remove that tag? usually it was removed when I was removing the game from https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/giveaways/filters but now seems to not working.
Yes, I have made all the syncs multiple times with all the check boxes checked.

5 years ago

If you synced, it should be gone. I'll see if there's something wrong in the code.

5 years ago

Well looks like the issue fixed itself, I've activated today some games and did another full sync and now that game show.
Thank you for this great addon!

5 years ago

I remembered I can hide the game before. (not hide it into giveaways filters)
I click the eye icon before the game's name, and the giveaway will be hidden for only that GA.
Can you tell me where is that function now?

5 years ago

Got it! thx
But I found I need to wait longer time to hiding, what can I do can let it run faster?

5 years ago

How long? If you're doing other stuff at the same time, there's not much to do to make it faster, because ESGST has to wait until the giveaway storage is not being used to save the data, so that things don't get overwritten. Are you using the userscript or the extension?

5 years ago

I using ESGST with tampermonkey.Is it the userscript?

5 years ago

Yes, use the extension, it's faster.

5 years ago

It's much better than before.
thanks very much

5 years ago

I'm not very bright. How do I filter only games with trading cards to appear? http://prntscr.com/m72hfd

5 years ago

The filter itself mention in his description "This option requires7.2.31 Trading Cards enabled to work.". Have you enabled game categories and trading cards?

5 years ago

The links in your post just sent me to my profile settings but I enabled what you said from the extension and it works now. Thanks.

5 years ago

After a while the profile settings page is replaced with the ESGST settings page with the links posted.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hi, is there an option to write a note when https://www.steamgifts.com/discussions discussions are displayed to make a note on each thread like "Read this thread", "to read this thread" etc. Would very much appreciate that, Thank you in advance! Cheers, Cruse~ ^_^

5 years ago

Discussion Tags allows you to add tags to discussions: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=dt

Giveaways/Discussions/Tickets/Trades Tracker tracks discussions you have read: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gdttt

5 years ago

They are very useful. Thank you! ^_^

5 years ago

v8.2.0 is released and the userscript version is officially deprecated. \o/

This also marks the launch of the ESGST server, made possible by Ryahn, who became a $15 patron (go whitelist them immediately!). At the moment the server handles game categories and the reduced CV games sync, but my plans are to extend it to other areas as well, in order to reduce traffic to SteamGifts / Steam. If you were asked for new permissions for https://gsrafael01.me/ when updating the extension, that's the server.

The server is meant primarily for ESGST, but can be used as a public-ish API as well. Here's an example for getting all reduced CV games: https://gsrafael01.me/esgst/games/rcv The full documentation about the available methods is available here: https://gsrafael01.me/ESGST/ The reason why it's public-ish is because the server has CORS restrictions, and it only allows requests made from either SteamGifts or SteamTrades, so if you want to use the API on your website you're going to need to message me.

The Reduced CV Games API as a Google Web App will continue to be updated though, as I'm not sure yet how long-term the server is going to be, and the app is configured to be used as a fallback method if the server isn't available. Same goes for game categories, they will fall back to being requested locally as they previously were if the server isn't available.

So, yeah, let me know if you encounter any issues with game categories or the reduced CV games sync, I'm not sure how well the server is going to handle the demand.

5 years ago

Have a bump good sir! Chrome just popped up this message in my face, saying the extension is disabled and needs access to gsrafael01.me so I went looking here right away.

Good news and keep up the great work!

5 years ago

Thanks!

5 years ago

just seeing this... you've also made a GWA? you rock, my bud!

thanks again, also for reducing the impact.
all this is even more fun, now.

guy whitelisted on the fly, obviously. true sharing, thanks Ryahn <3

5 years ago

Yeah, the GWA has already existed for a while though.

5 years ago

though

now you've made me feel the veeery slooooow kinda guy (that i am)...

D:

(those API doc pages are awesome <3)

5 years ago

Sorry xD

5 years ago

Thanks a lot for this update. Works great and retrieving game categories is incredible fast. I hope the server can handle the traffic from all esgst users.

5 years ago

Yeah, I hope so too. The plan I got was the cheapest, but it supposedly can handle high traffic.

5 years ago

I may have denied the permission, not sure what I did. However, since yesterday my Chrome doesn't have ESGST anymore when I go on steamgifts, but I can see the extension is still installed. Is there an easy way to give this missing permission to ESGST? Thank you!

5 years ago

Maybe if you go to your extension page (chrome://extensions/) and enable it?

5 years ago

It already was enabled, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it works again. Thanks!

5 years ago

When using the extension my browser tab for SG freezes after a few seconds :(

5 years ago

It seems to happen when using endless scrolling on giveaways page.

5 years ago

I have this feature disabled and problem still occurs

5 years ago

Sync!

5 years ago

No, I can reproduce it and it's related to Game Categories (if you disable it, pages load fine). I'm looking into it and trying to fix ASAP.

5 years ago

Thank you for your work!

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Can confirm, fixed in 8.2.1

5 years ago

Yeah,, soon after loading the home page it freezes and then gives me the message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

I have to tell it to kill the script in order to continue.

5 years ago

Just pushed v8.2.1.

5 years ago

Seems OK now. Note that the release notes that pops up has been blank for this update and the prior update.

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Thank you for fast fix! :-D

5 years ago

The extension just asked permission to view data from a new website (gsrafael01.me I think), any explanation?

5 years ago

Literally 2 comments above you.

5 years ago

Oh, didn't see that, shit, sorry hahahah. Ty!

5 years ago

No problem.

5 years ago

Any reason why my wishlist giveaways has barely anything in it now. Only way to see them is in all or recommend.

Im using the firefox extension.

5 years ago

Are you in v8.2.1?

5 years ago

8.1..13 but its been happening for about 3 days.

How does one upgrade? auto hasnt moved me up:)

5 years ago

Maybe it's your giveaway filters?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like Pe4enie might be correct.

5 years ago*

May I ask for what is syncing "Won Giveaways" used for? It's in the sync options since 8.1.13 and I think I've read somewhere that it is used for "User Giveaway Data" but neither the sync page nor the feature page tells that it is needed/used for this.

5 years ago

Ah, sorry, forgot to add the list for it. Yes, it's for User Giveaway Data. More specifically this sub-option: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=ugd_g It's meant to keep the "won from" count updated, but the same process can be done by checking your profile with User Giveaway Data itself.

5 years ago

Thanks for the clarification.

5 years ago

Rafa, I'm having a problem with the main page. Somehow, it is loading continously, but... the next page replaces the current page...
In a min I reach the end of the giveaway list... and I have no access to the first page because it is being replace for next pages til the last one.
I'm not sure how I did triggered that. I have a filter in the main page of show only full cv and removed, excluding owned.

5 years ago

Sounds to me like your filter setting filters all games and endless scrolling continuously loads pages. Could be a bug with the filter settings. Can you see the giveaways if you disable your filter present? Have you tried disabling endless scrolling or adjusting your filter settings?

5 years ago

Looks like the "Removed" filter is bugged. When I put to show all removed (set fullcv true and owned false), the bug is gone. If I use the "Removed" filter set as true, the bug appears.

5 years ago

With removed = true esgst will only show you games that were removed from steam (which no longer have a store page). Are you sure that this is the filter you want? Also instead of removed you can try banned as a filter which doesn't require game categories like removed.

5 years ago

I was setting fullcv and removed as show only simultaneously thinking to show fullcv and removed simultaneously...
I'm not sure if I'm thinking wrong. How do I set to see both together (eventually any other that I want to show simultaneously)?

5 years ago

You want to see games that are either full CV or removed? Then you need to change the main group to OR. It defaults to AND. You need to use advanced filters for this, basic filters won't do.

5 years ago

The opposite. Like I said above: fullcv and removed. When I set both as true and owned as false, the pages start to load til the end, but replacing the previous page every refresh. My intention is set a simple rule to show only fullcv+removed excluding owned.

5 years ago

You're just having the impression that things are being replaced, but they're not. The filters are filtering the giveaways, which is normal, because I don't think it's common to find giveaways that give full CV for games that have been removed from the store. If you look at the filter panel you'll probably see the number of filtered giveaways increasing. So nothing is being replaced, they're just being filtered. Did you always have this filter?

Again, not sure if you really want to see full CV and removed, because that's not a common combination. So what's probably happening is that there are no games in the main page that apply to both at the same time.

5 years ago*

Tried the first time last week. I'm not sure but I saw this working in the latest version (maybe because there were games with that criteria last week). Your explanation fits perfectly I think. Very uncommon combination indeed... I was exploring something else other than filter ordinary giveaways. I guess you're right. If I want to set fullcv and removed combined (like show fullcv+anything and removed+anything), how should I set them?

5 years ago

You need to enable advanced filters for that (see the picture below). It's really not that complicated once you get the hang of it. What the filters in the picture mean is: "show me giveaways that are not owned AND that are either full CV OR removed". If you have any questions, let me know.

View attached image.
5 years ago

This, for example, somehow goes fine only at the first pages... first pages are fullcv and removed+anything but then goes totally wrong. After some pages (with endless scroll) I start to get reducedcv, nocv and all kinds of stuff... like no filter is on.
I get the fetching icon, but I get it every single time I refresh sg page has a different result. And those are I'm getting the fetching icon are not even new giveaways. Should I wait more? Refresh again? Pray?
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to get random results about filter settings.

5 years ago*

I think I'll need to look into it. Category filters only kick in after categories have been loaded, so you'd have to wait until the fetching icon disappears to make sure that the filters kick in. But CV filters should kick in immediately. I'll try to reproduce on my side.

5 years ago

Hi, sorry for the delay. Is this still an issue?

5 years ago

Still. Using 8.3.3.
Correcting. Nope. Fixed. Now I'm on 8.3.4.

5 years ago*

Actually, the Removed filter shouldn't rely on Game Categories either. The Delisted Games option in the settings menu should sync both banned and removed games. I'll have to update the sync list for that item.

5 years ago

At least on the entered page if I wanna filter removed or banned it seems that both needs game categories to be fetched to work. I can see the banned tag before the other game categories tags are fetched (removed is only visible after) but for the filter it seems that all have to be fetched.

5 years ago

Hey, i can't make "Release Date Filter" work. I can't set a time. Is that a known bug or my mistake?

5 years ago

Is that a known bug or my mistake?

Neither. It's a bug, but I was not aware of it.

5 years ago

Well, it is not so important but good i made you realized.

Hope it won't be hard to fix :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Is this normal?

View attached image.
5 years ago

Check whatever other scripts you have installed.

5 years ago

Damn, isn't even a script, it was a extension that reinstalled itself when I logged in a old pc. Thanks

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.