Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

THX

6 years ago

Someone can help me the Accurate Timestamps just not working you have any solution for this?

6 years ago

Everywhere? Can you check the places where the feature is set to run? You can do so by clicking the gear icon next to the feature name.

6 years ago

yes the option exclude was running i dont see before thanks and sory for problem

6 years ago

Hello rafaelgs18!
Thank you for this amazing addition to steamgifts with-out I can't remember what and how to do stuff on sg :)
I've encountered a problem since 2 days ago, the giveaway extractor button does nothing :(
I have tried with all ad-dons disabled and it is the same
I'm using Firefox 58.0.2+tampermonkey 4.5.5660

6 years ago

Please check the console for errors when you click on the button (Ctrl + Shift + J).

6 years ago

downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:bold stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-700.woff2 unknown:1:1739
downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:bold stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-700.woff2 unknown:1:1739
downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:300 stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-300.woff2 unknown:1:1465
downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:300 stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-300.woff2 unknown:1:1465
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “http://ib.adnxs.com/setuid?entity=338&code=A-8329290222913730518” on a secure page[Learn More] metrico
Content Security Policy: Couldn’t process unknown directive ‘report-to’ (unknown)
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src 'none'”). Source: (function(a,p,u,v){var c={safeWindow:{},.... container.html:1
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src 'none'”). Source:
(function(){var b=String.prototype.trim.... container.html:8

6 years ago

None of those are related to ESGST. What exactly happens when you click on the button? Absolutely nothing? Or does a popup open and then nothing happens?

6 years ago

Absolutely nothing. Before was opening a new tab where it scanned the gibs and i was able to filter them. Now it's like there is no link under it. !
Here is a quick view of my

View attached image.
6 years ago*

I cannot reproduce. Can you link the thread where you tried to use it?

6 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/ixxTy/second-cakeday
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Y4WeY/train-for-the-olympics-again-93-gas-and-compete-for-your-nation

To list two of them

Even after I enter a train, the button is not working, should I try to reinstall it? could be that my installation is corrupted?

6 years ago

Well, I don't know what's happening then. I can extract those trains perfectly fine. Can you try opening the browser console (Ctrl + Shift + J) first, then clicking on the extractor button and seeing if the errors differ from those you posted? Usually when a bug like this happens (when you click on a button and nothing happens) it's very likely that there will be an error in the console related to it.

6 years ago

I've reinstalled, re-imported my settings.. same thing.
I followed the steps and watched the console, clicking on the "extract giveaways" results in no new errors.

downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:bold stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-700.woff2 unknown:1:1739
downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:bold stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-700.woff2 unknown:1:1739
downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:300 stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-300.woff2 unknown:1:1465
downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:300 stretch:normal src index:2) source: https://cdn.steamgifts.com/fonts/open-sans-v13-cyrillic_greek_latin-300.woff2

above are the errors from when i open the console, they don't change.

I have another installation of your script on my laptop at work. I will test if that one is working in the morning.

6 years ago

Can you test the extension?

6 years ago

On the laptop all is good, so I have extracted the settings and will import them on a clean install at home. I hope this will solve the problem. Thank you for the help.

6 years ago

Thank you very much for useful plugin!

6 years ago

#493 (Allow users to update the "No CV Games" database)
is a great new feature, thank you & congrats 🏆

I've searched for some missing freebies i had in mind, can you confirm they're added?
434070 / Plight of the Zombie
443530 / Adam and Eve: The Game - Chapter 1
382160 / Dark Years

6 years ago

Yes, they have all been added. You can confirm it yourself if you are not aware:

6 years ago

Would be nice if they were detected on subsequent pages not just initial search.

6 years ago

That's a good idea.

6 years ago

Should work now.

6 years ago

Does this plugin have a notification system for when threads are updated? I know there's the fade system, but I'm trying to see if there's a way for the plugin to let me know when someone posts in a thread without having to check the discussions.

And, not sure if I'm misunderstanding their purpose, but I can't get the Reduced CV and No CV categories to show up. The Full CV shows up on every game though, even ones that were free or bundled. I also tried this in 2 versions, 7.12 and the newest one, as I just upgraded a couple hours ago to see if that would fix it. I mixed and matched the CV categories to see if one was just hiding the others, but neither worked still. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for this amazing plugin!

6 years ago

There is no notification system at the moment, but Comment Tracker adds a number next to each discussion showing how many unread comments there are.

Some features have a red refresh icon in the settings menu (this information should have been provided to you when you first installed ESGST, was it?), those are features that require some data to be synced in order for them to work. If you look at Game Categories, the following data needs to be synced: Hidden Games, Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games, Reduced CV Games, No CV Games and Giveaways

So for the reduced CV and no CV categories to work you have to sync the Reduced CV Games and No CV Games data (the first button in the settings menu).

6 years ago

I don't remember that information being presented, but there's a chance that I misunderstood what it was saying or missed it, as I don't remember seeing it. I did get the categories working though, thank you!

6 years ago

Suggestion: Option for hide giveaways with games that marked as "Not interested" in Steam store.
(or if it possible - import "Not interested" list to "Hidden Games")

6 years ago

Isn't "not interested" the same thing as "ignored'? There already is an option for ignored games.

6 years ago

Oh, really. Thank you.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

I can look into it, but that's too many giveaways. Why do you need to view all of them at once? If only viewing the links for them (and possible the game name) solves your issue I can implement a way to list all of the giveaways without retrieving them in real time.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Added it to the latest. Like I said, it's very raw, it has only the link to the giveaway and the name of the game. At first, it will load the names of the games one by one when you open the list, because that data was not previously stored, but every giveaway you bookmark in the future already stores the name of the game.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

You're welcome!

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Hey :)
Can we got some 💗 at SteamTrades? It'd be great to have some of these features:

• Thread notes - same as profile notes. Example: "Offered Dishonored 2 for Tyranny, waiting for answer" / "Scammer, don't trade!" etc
  • Pinned threads (like we already got on SG).
  • [Important] Match Finder. There's already Have List Filter (HLF) but it has numerous problems and lacks some crucial things. What I'd like to see:
    • Correct identification of games (HLF misses a lot of games if there's any formatting issue or extra text after name).
    • Wishlist Filter - Reorder the list so wishlist games appear first on the Have section (maybe with an option to remove already owned games). This will be a huge time saver.
    • Want Match Filter - Maybe more complicated than above. Having the ability to save all the games you have for trade (like a note) and than compare those games to the games that the trader wants.

Made some example images.

Thanks for all the hard work!

6 years ago

Is User Tags not enough for your first suggestion? It works on SteamTrades.

6 years ago

Oh, I wasn't aware of user tags. That's good!

However, I think it's not as useful as thread-notes for the reason that traders usually have multiple threads, one can be just for trading low-tier bundled games, another for unbundled and another for idling (these are just examples, there are many types of threads). And you can have multiple comments for each thread.

6 years ago

I've added a Have/Want List Checker feature to the latest version. It's not perfect, but I hope it helps. Let me know what you think.

5 years ago

Thank you for making this feature! :D

Sorry for a late response I haven't been trading a lot lately so I wasn't using the site to test it.

Recently I had a near PC meltdown with a faulty PSU so I used instead an old crappy PC until it was fixed. My experience with the old PC is a lot of freezes even with medium sized list. It has latest version of Chrome,16GB RAM, Windows 7 and I3 CPU.
So before anything - it needs optimization and maybe a warning for high CPU usage, freezes/unresponsive tab.

With my regular PC, which is more than decent, there are still freezes. Example - I get unresponsive page warning from Chrome. With a WANT list of only 140 games. Checked multiple times. So again, an optimization is really needed.

On the same thread and others it has several other identification problems

• With the table
  • It tries to identify the prices as games. There should be a "ignore list" for anything that has $ sign (and euro, pound etc) and prices as keys (TF2, CS:GO, RL etc).
  • With "editions" / "collections" / "packs" etc
  • on this thread it doesn't recognize games that have an amount (like X2, X3)

My suggestions:

1. I think making this feature a popup isn't the way to go about it. Removing the popup and having the "hits" to appear first by rearranging the list and marking them differently can be better visually and practically,
  2. Optimization. One thing I can think of that can hasten the process is removing the links to the store. Make a button that can run over the list if the user wishes, not do it by default. Ignore list maybe can help here as well (?)
  3. Option to hide anything that doesn't match your wishlist (and unhide). That's something a trader friend asked me.

Well, that's about it for now. Sorry for the wall of text :)

5 years ago*

I had a freeze as well when testing it, but it wasn't that long and it only happened in the SteamTrades tab. I believe the reason why the freeze happens is because the script uses the full game list provided by the Steam API (https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetAppList/v2/) to identify games by name, and the list is huge (if you just open the link in your browser you will see how heavy it is). I don't think I can do anything to optimize this while keeping the ability to identify games by name.

It tries to identify everything as games. The feature works by going down each post analyzing text node by text node. This way the feature can work generically for every type of post, instead of specifically targeting lists and tables, for example. The only downside of this method is that I have to maintain an ignore list to prevent undesirable things to be detected. And there is an ignore list already in place, but since I don't use SteamTrades often I'm not familiar with most of the formats that people use. Currently the ignore list is very small and only has the keywords "steamkeys" and "windowsedition", because those were the ones I saw in the few trades that I tested. But yeah, I have to add more keywords to it based on the feedback of the users, although I'm not sure that adding anything starting with "$" is a good idea, because there could be games that start with that symbol. And it's not as if the script trying to detect prices is that big a deal, they just go to the last section of the popup anyway.

Packs aren't analyzed because Steam doesn't offer a very easy way to do it, so they are listed under "Packages" for you to check manually - at least for now.

As to your suggestions:

1. The reason why the feature works as a popup is to separate things. And because of the hundreds of different types of posts that exist. It's just not worth my time focusing on making it work for different types of posts when I can make it work for every type of post. And by having it on popup, conflict with the original post is avoided, so I'd like to keep it this way. Maybe in the future when I'm not feeling so lazy I can think about putting some time into having it appear directly in the post, but not right now.
  2. That should have a very small impact on performance, I think. Like I said, I think the greatest performance hit comes from using the full games list, and I'm not sure how to optimize that.
  3. I'll take that under consideration in the future, but right now the feature already highlights wishlisted titles, so it's not so urgent.

I'll see if I can expand the ignore list a little bit.

5 years ago

Nice, thanks for the update.

6 years ago

You're welcome. :)

6 years ago

Bug ?
I didn't activate "Enable new features and functionalities by default." but new features were activate in the last update.

6 years ago

Which ones? The 2 new ones?

6 years ago

The cakeday reminder and "Show the feature number in the tooltips of elements added by ESGST."

6 years ago

Cakeday Reminder was a mistake on my part. But the other option was supposed to be enabled regardless of the "Enable new features and functionalities by default." option, since it's supposed to be enabled by default when a user first installs the script. Maybe I should change that though, I'm not sure.

6 years ago

It's a conflict with another script, but since it's pretty popular i thought i'd notify you about it.

Discussion Highlighter doesn't work when RaChart™ Enhancer is enabled.
The star to highlight a discussion and the different color in the main discussion page do not show up.
'View Highlighted' button from the dropdown menu still works.
EDIT: lot's of other functions also stop working when the script is enabled.

6 years ago*

I'll take a look into it when I can. Script conflicts aren't a priority for me though, and I'm pretty sure Game Categories already does what that script does.

6 years ago

Should be fixed in v7.16.0.

6 years ago

Yes it's all working again. Thanks for the quick update!

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Do you have other scripts enabled? Sounds to me like a conflict.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Should be easy to fix anyway, so I'll put it on my todo list for next version.

6 years ago

Just got the new update and now everything is pink.... https://i.imgur.com/ZJtCGFs.jpg

Why? / How do I fix this?

6 years ago

Sorry, I made the option enabled by default by mistake. But whenever you see something new just check the changelog and it should contain everything that changed in the new version. Also, you can go to the settings menu and search for options that are tagged as [NEW].

6 years ago

Ah, no worries. I did try skimming through the settings, but there's just so many and I had no idea what I was looking for. I also didn't realize there was a [NEW] tag, that's actually quite handy. Thanks for the help!

6 years ago

Category filters is gone in the giveaway extractor. It also doesnt show the tags on giveaways.

I only have Basic and Type filtes in the extractor. But works fine in giveaways page.

6 years ago

Please check the console log for errors. It works fine for me.

You might also want to check the exclude section for the extractor. Probably what's happening is that you have disabled Game Categories in discussion pages and so when you extract a train from the discussion the categories are not loaded. Try extracting from the giveaway page or enabling the option to extract in a new tab.

6 years ago

Thanks, I checked the customize settings for game categories and "^/discussion/" was added in the exclude section.
Must have been by default because I have never touched any customize settings :)

6 years ago

Probably you had "Enable for discussion tables." disabled before I implemented the include/exclude tool? If not, there might be a bug enabling it by default.

6 years ago

Exactly :)

6 years ago

Oh, now I know maybe what the problem was. A long time ago I think I chose a setting that didnt viewed tags in discussion tables. And I guess thats why game categories is in the exlude for me. :)

Do you know what I should write to keep the game categories in extractor. But now show it for games in discussion tables? :)

6 years ago

Unfortunately that is currently not possible. I have plans to separate the popup window from the regular window and I'm working on it, but until that happens you could exclude game categories from the discussion tables like you were doing and open the extractor in a new tab.

6 years ago

In train creator, after pushing the "Create" button, it becomes white with "Creating..." text, but nothing happens...

Here the console log:

userscript.html?id=0924fb91-8922-4860-920d-3f235ee77e07:23254 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined
at createMgcGiveaways (userscript.html?id=0924fb91-8922-4860-920d-3f235ee77e07:23254)
at ButtonSet.toggle (userscript.html?id=0924fb91-8922-4860-920d-3f235ee77e07:1177)
at HTMLDivElement.ButtonSet.button1.addEventListener (userscript.html?id=0924fb91-8922-4860-920d-3f235ee77e07:1165)

Edit: I'm on last version 7.15.1

6 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Did you have any giveaways in the queue before updating?

6 years ago

Nevermind, I was able to reproduce it, fixing it...

6 years ago

Should be fixed in v7.16.0.

6 years ago

Ok, hope so, no time to test it now sorry...

By the way, thanks for super fast reply and fix!!

6 years ago

thanks
had the same problem, works fine now
this tool is so awesome, without it I don't think I would spend so much time on here ;)

6 years ago

well, for me something was fucky again, so removed addon, reinstalled and configured again, does not seem to work for some reason (tried wipe data as well). So I fuked something :) send help (using addon, tried running with tamper disabled )

Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://cdn.steamgifts.com/js/prebid_v3.js”.   

there is more?

6 years ago

Are you on Firefox? Console errors only appear in Ctrl + Shift + J console, not the Ctrl + Shift + I one.

6 years ago

Error: WebExtension context not found! I guess this ?

6 years ago

That's not helpful at all. Not even the ESGST header button is added to the page?

6 years ago

[1ms]
GET 
https://www.steamgifts.com/ 
[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 392ms]
Error: WebExtension context not found!  ExtensionParent.jsm:855:13
GET 
https://cdn.steamgifts.com/css/minified_v30.css 
[HTTP/2.0 304 Not Modified 16ms]
GET 
https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.6.1/css/font-awesome.min.css 
[HTTP/2.0 304 Not Modified 106ms]
GET 
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/703750/header.jpg 
[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 138ms]
GET 
https://cdn.steamgifts.com/js/minified_v36.js 
[HTTP/2.0 304 Not Modified 26ms]
GET 
https://cdn.steamgifts.com/js/minified_v36.js 
[HTTP/2.0 200 OK 0ms]
6 years ago

None of those errors are related to ESGST. Not even the ESGST header button is added to the page?

6 years ago

ok, so apparently all settings were wiped again...but now when enabled filters seems to work! will test it later, sorry for confusion! thanks again for time ;/

6 years ago

You still haven't answered my question, so I don't understand what's happening, but ok.

6 years ago

header was all the time there, even when just started having problems

6 years ago

Well, you didn't specify what the problem was in the first place. But if it was fixed, then glad to hear it.

6 years ago

well, it is back - script stopped to work after setting up and sync more than GA filters

TypeError: (intermediate value).getAttribute(...).match(...) is null  esgst.js:12093:23
6 years ago

Sorry, your description of the problem is a bit confusing, so I'm not quite sure what is going on. Can you disable Custom Header/Footer Links if it is enabled and see if the issue still happens?

6 years ago

that works for me! thanks! the only issue now is, endless scrolling is not functioning

6 years ago

It's probably a conflict with another script, do you have any other scripts enabled? Please be more specific, do the endless scrolling buttons get added to the page? Is it paused? Are there errors in the console?

6 years ago

facepalm from my side I guess... I turned off tampermonkey, stylish, restarted browser and no luck and no related errors in console.
finally I found it, the switches were off by default . sorry for wasting your time
https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/6daf2b28-2188-493f-80d5-e48814dae751.png

6 years ago

Ah ok, no problem.

6 years ago

I can't seem to edit my settings ;~; It won't do anything when I click it, I'm not good with userscripts so idk what to do

6 years ago

Please be more specific, what do you mean by settings? What are you clicking? And where?

6 years ago

The settings. I'm clicking on the ESGST button AND I have also went to the changelog and clicked on "settings" and it does nothing. It's just not letting me go to the settings at all.

6 years ago

Do you have other scripts enabled?

6 years ago

Yes, but when i disabled them I still could not go to the settings

6 years ago

Please check the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

6 years ago

chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=acfcd7f6-338c-4f24-b5d9-4b376d44872a:31799 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'member' of undefined
at checkNewVersion (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=acfcd7f6-338c-4f24-b5d9-4b376d44872a:31799)
at init (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=acfcd7f6-338c-4f24-b5d9-4b376d44872a:7009)
at <anonymous>

6 years ago

That's really odd, is this the first time you're using ESGST?

6 years ago

See if the error still happens in v7.16.0.

6 years ago

I have been using ESGST ever since you made it. It is fixed now though, thank you.

6 years ago

Bug: On bookmarks and giveaway decrypter when viewed on user profile.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to execute 'appendChild' on 'Node': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'.
    at setGvContainer (esgst.js:21299)
    at giveaways.forEach.giveaway (esgst.js:30311)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at loadGiveawayFeatures (esgst.js:30311)
    at <anonymous>
6 years ago

First of all, thank you! The script is amazing and so are you!

I just wanted you to know that I've been using it as a userscript in Safari v11.0.2 on macOS v10.13 for a while now, and although I haven't used all of what it has to offer, it seems to run without any problems.

6 years ago

Thanks, I think the only issue Safari used to have is it didn't work when the script was split in multiple files. But ever since I joined the script in a single file, I think Safari should indeed work fine.

6 years ago

it seems that the trading card filter doesn't work anymore (have 7.16) no items are filtered no matter what i choose
the other filter seem to work fine

6 years ago

Works fine for me. Please be more specific: does it not work in any page or in some specific pages? Are the trading cards categories being loaded? Are there errors in the console?

6 years ago

does it not work in any page or in some specific pages?

all pages

Are the trading cards categories being loaded?

yes

Are there errors in the console?

no

6 years ago

Do you have any exceptions that could be interfering with the filter?

6 years ago

wait it's now working again

6 years ago

Did any one of you experienced similar problem to mine? I try to create multiple giveaway but when I press the "Create" button (with 5 GAs imported) it starts to load but nothing happens, the GAs never go green. This happened me last day and the problem exists since. I've already created hundreds of GAs with this awesome script so most probably I do everything as it should be done.
Thank you!

6 years ago

It was already fixed in v7.16.0.

6 years ago

Thank you and sorry for asking something that is answered in the patch note. Keep up the good work! :)

6 years ago

So I'm sure this has probably been answered before, but I see now that there is a local hide giveaway button to the left of the giveaway, in addition to the site feature on the right side. Is it possible to disable the local one?

Also, my Wishlist and Recommended giveaways are no longer linked on the Giveaways drop down menu, is there a way to re-enable this?

6 years ago

Giveaway Filters > Single Filters. Just fyi, the left one hides the giveaway, not the game, so they are not the same, if you thought they were.

That feature was moved to Custom Header/Footer Links.

6 years ago

hi , thanks for this awesome script!
I'd like to see how many people have/wish a game in a group.
It's probably in the group library/wishlist section but for the library part I have a message that tells me:
" To get libraries data you must have a Steam API key set in the settings menu."
I don't know what I have to do to enable this feature.

6 years ago

What it says, add a Steam API key in the settings menu (last section).

The description of the feature has everything you have to do to get it working.

6 years ago

yes ok , but steam ask me for a domain name and I don't know wich one I have to put.

edit: ok I entered steamgifts.com but you could specify it for dumb people like me.

6 years ago*

You can enter anything there, but I'll add something to the next version specifying it.

6 years ago

Hey, just found a small bug, or rather the reason it kept happening to me.
For some time now the giveaway extractor kept adding lots of GAs from the last community train after it was done extracting the GAs it should.
I just now realized this is caused by Quick Inbox View, when auto loading is active(or the first page is loading manually by hovering) and on the first page is a link to a GA .

Not a big issue but maybe you want to fix it anyway.

6 years ago

Hm, I don't see how that would happen at all, I'll try to reproduce it.

6 years ago

Well I can't tell you how it happens as i didn't check to code, but it does :)
This is the Link which caused the problems for me: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/K5EYZ/tempest-pirate-action-rpg
Although i don't think there is something special about it, but you should be able to reproduce it fine as long as my message stays on page 1. Just try to run the extractor somewhere with preload enabled.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.