Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm prompted to re-install it (chrome tampermonkey userscript version)... but nothing seems to happen and it's not there/installed any more?

6 years ago

Try updating to v7.16.2.

6 years ago

Updated to 7.16.2 and now it's all gone as if it was disabled.

6 years ago

Same. It's activated in Tampermonkey, but not working at all.

6 years ago

If you want some more information :)

Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: value is not defined
at getStorage (userscript.html?id=01307d26-17ca-4f84-aac6-d74891cbbe33:2462)
at <anonymous>

6 years ago

same problem

6 years ago

Just updated to last version, and script looks broken (not loading any feature). This is the log:

Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: value is not defined
at getStorage (userscript.html?id=0924fb91-8922-4860-920d-3f235ee77e07:2462)
at <anonymous>

On Chrome/Tampermonkey

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Ok, ok, calm down everyone. :P It should work fine now. I didn't know so many people still used the userscript version until now. xD

6 years ago

Got the update from .2 to .3, but grid view (and possibly more) still isn't working. :(

6 years ago

Tags for cards and such don't load any longer on front page or GA page.

6 years ago

now that you mention it, i could give the extension another try, don't even remember why I switched back to script

6 years ago

I realize it's a nuisance for Chrome users (though I hope to pay the Google fee soon to be able to host it on their store), but any Firefox user who is still using the userscript is missing out, because the extension is much faster and has a much better performance. At least that's my experience and many others' experience with it.

6 years ago

Interesting, I had no idea one has to pay a fee in order to add something to the store, always thought google was pretty open regarding such things.
Well the one time i had the extension installed i didn't see much of a difference performance wise, but i do keep an eye on the data usage now, so the script is also not too bad anymore :)

6 years ago

It's a one-time $5 developer fee, I think to prevent bots. But it would be nice to be able to do it for free for unlisted extensions (extensions that can be distributed and updated without being on the store) like Mozilla allows.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

while I don't want to spam you with messages, there is still an issue, although the script seems to be working other than the error message
userscript.html?id=01307d26-17ca-4f84-aac6-d74891cbbe33:2435 Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: keys is not defined
at getValues (userscript.html?id=01307d26-17ca-4f84-aac6-d74891cbbe33:2435)
at loadEndlessFeatures (userscript.html?id=01307d26-17ca-4f84-aac6-d74891cbbe33:31684)
at loadFeatures (userscript.html?id=01307d26-17ca-4f84-aac6-d74891cbbe33:7191)
at <anonymous>

Nevermind, you spotted it already yourself )

6 years ago

I spoke too early, there seems to be another bug, working on fixing it!

6 years ago

Ok, hope everything is fixed now.

6 years ago

👍

6 years ago

For me everything just started being messed up. ^^°
On every other page the script just becomes "non-existent" and none of the buttons/functions is visible. Tampermonkey seems to be fine and reloading or clicking another SG link often helps. The only thing the console says is:

The SSL certificate used to load resources from https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net will be distrusted in M70. Once distrusted, users will be prevented from loading these resources. See https://g.co/chrome/symantecpkicerts for more information.

I don't know whether this has anything to do with the script at all, but when everything loads correctly this text does not appear.

6 years ago

When that happens does the red number on the Tampermonkey button appear? Does it happen in some pages specifically?

6 years ago

Yes, this number always appears. I can't note a clear pattern, just that the front page seems to have loading problems less often than other pages, profile pages more often. But everything has been affected here and there since the last update, giveaways, discussions, pages generated by the script etc. as well.
Maybe noteworthy, maybe not: Tampermonkey has been crashing at least once or twice a day for a while now, but since yesterday it hasn't so far.

6 years ago

See if it still happens in the latest version.

6 years ago

Works like a charm again, thank you! :) I keep being stunned by how quickly you always react and solve every single issue someone here has.

6 years ago

Fixed for me, thanks ad usual for you hard job on this wonderful script!

6 years ago

Giveaway extractor stopped working in new tab. Version 7.16.14

injectRow@moz-extension://1c42e631-9484-4806-a872-95b152375f46/userscript.html?id=a2a9adb3-41d2-42c8-ac8d-673c13d4fe53:968:1
injectInterface@moz-extension://1c42e631-9484-4806-a872-95b152375f46/userscript.html?id=a2a9adb3-41d2-42c8-ac8d-673c13d4fe53:911:2
tms_a2a9adb3_41d2_42c8_ac8d_673c13d4fe53@moz-extension://1c42e631-9484-4806-a872-95b152375f46/userscript.html?id=a2a9adb3-41d2-42c8-ac8d-673c13d4fe53:526:1
f</<@https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/extracted-giveaways?url=/discussion/FPgcs/:2:477
anonymous/<@moz-extension://1c42e631-9484-4806-a872-95b152375f46/userscript.html?id=a2a9adb3-41d2-42c8-ac8d-673c13d4fe53:4:1
anonymous/<@moz-extension://1c42e631-9484-4806-a872-95b152375f46/userscript.html?id=a2a9adb3-41d2-42c8-ac8d-673c13d4fe53:3:55
anonymous@moz-extension://1c42e631-9484-4806-a872-95b152375f46/userscript.html?id=a2a9adb3-41d2-42c8-ac8d-673c13d4fe53:3:2
f</<@https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/extracted-giveaways?url=/discussion/FPgcs/:2:477
E_c@https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/extracted-giveaways?url=/discussion/FPgcs/:3:286
ha@https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/extracted-giveaways?url=/discussion/FPgcs/ line 1 > Function:64:50
create@https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/extracted-giveaways?url=/discussion/FPgcs/ line 1 > Function:74:485
e@https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/extracted-giveaways?url=/discussion/FPgcs/ line 1 > Function:18:154

6 years ago

Should be fixed.

6 years ago

The new version 7.16.4 doesn't work on https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/entered, it's like the script doesn't recognize that it is suppose to work on that page. I checked the configs and the page is not part of the exclusions.

No error in console, since the script doesn't even seems to start in that page.

Edit: In one of the F5 that I did, it worked. But only in one, I F5'ed multiple times after and none loaded the script.

Edit 2: Decided to test without other SG addons, it seems like ESGST loads when I disable SG Game Tags addon. The weird thing is that SG Game Tags doesn't show tags in the entered page, but shows in other pages (like the main giveaways page), so ESGST is not working in a page that doesn't use SG Game Tags, but works in pages that do. I also have ESGST's game categories and tags disabled so there shouldn't be a categories/tag conflict.

Edit 3: The settings page stopped working, it just doesn't load. It stays on the SG's page not found, usually it would show that page for a few seconds and go to settings, but now it doesn't, it just stays there. I tried with no other addons working, doesn't fix it.

Edit 4: Downgraded to 7.16.0 for now.

6 years ago*

You're using the extension version or the userscript one? Which browser? Are there absolutely no errors in the console when you try to open the menu? Firefox errors only appear in the Ctrl + Shift + J console.

It's not just because Game Categories is disabled that there should be no conflicts, there are a lot of ways to have conflicts between scripts. With the other script disabled ESGST works fine on every page? Including the menu?

6 years ago*

I'm using the userscript with Tampermonkey on Chrome.

The settings still didn't work with other scripts disabled. The strange thing is that it worked before, because I tried to check how were the game categories in the script now to see if I could disable thee other script and then sync'ed, but after doing that and closing the settings page, I couldn't open it again.

Nothing was showing up in the console for the issue of the script not loading in the entered page. In the error of the settings page not loading there was an error in the console, I think it was 404, which seemed quite normal considering.

6 years ago

6 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It made reset to my settings! And now the only ones I have are from the end of January even tho I have "Automatically backup your data every specified number of days." to 7 days and my PC is always on, so it should have saved more recently. T_T

I had a bunch of GA bookmarked and now they are all gone. T_T

Edit: This issues that I reported earlier seem to be fixed, so that's nice. :) Thank you.

6 years ago*

That's not possible, it was probably something else. Did you do anything in Tampermonkey?

Well, do you have those backup files in your computer or wherever you decided to upload them to so you can import them back?

6 years ago

I did nothing, I used the option to Update in the drop down menu of ESGST.

The backups go to Dropbox, but the last one there was from January and I didn't delete any and my pc is always on and internet is always on too. Don't know why it didn't save more often. I changed it to save every 3 days now.

6 years ago

It's very odd that your storage would be reset just by updating. Did all of your settings get reset or only the bookmarks?

Well, did you get a popup every 7 days telling you that your data was being backed up? If not, then the data was not backed up. Can you check if there is a setting called "esgst_isBackingUp" in your localStorage?

6 years ago

Everything was reset. The settings were almost all turn off, only a few at the bottom were on, but I think those are on by default.

Every few days I have a new tab open, but I ignored it since I thought it was doing his thing, but it seems like the only thing it was doing was the automatic sync which I have to every 3 days. So I didn't realize that the settings export was not being done, and have no idea why it stopped.

Where can I check that? I checked in some places but I'm not sure if I searched in the correct ones.
I checked in the Storage tab in the script on Tampermonkey, I copied everything there to Note Pad and run a search for esgst_isBackingUp but it gave no results.
I also checked the file with the settings saved and it's not there either.

The option is on, now it's just 3 days when it was 7 before.

6 years ago

Open the console and enter "console.log(localStorage.esgst_isBackingUp);". I'm pretty sure that's the issue though, I'll probably have to implement a better way to prevent it from happening.

6 years ago

Got:
undefined

By the way, this is not the first time that I have issues with things that are timed, I had an issue before where certain hours in the "Time range to trigger highlight" in the bookmarks would bug out and I had an issue before were the automatic sync for groups/whitelist/blacklist/... would not happen even tho it was on and a number was set for it to happen (so similar issue to now, but with a different feature).
For the bookmark issue I wrote in this thread about it and the issue seems to have resolved itself.
For the automatic sync of groups/whitelist/blacklist, I remembered how changing the number around for the bookmark issue worked and changed it and it seems to fix it, so I don't think I posted it here.

That's why I changed the number to save the settings from 7 to 3 when I noticed today that it was not working, but should change it to 1 to see if tomorrow it saves or not.

6 years ago

It will definitely not. For some reason, the script thinks the data is being backed up and is preventing to do so. Probably a backup ended unexpectedly in the past. Like I said, I'll have to implement a better way to deal with that. But until then, run localStorage.removeItem("esgst_isBackingUp"); in the console and the next time you load SG you should get a popup backing up your data.

6 years ago

I just ran localStorage.removeItem("esgst_isBackingUp"); and got undefined, is that what I'm supposed to get?

I will try to remember to do some manual backups for a while.

While I was typing this a window showed up and closed, but I noticed that it was something related to SG and Dropbox, a few seconds later I got the warning that my Dropbox was updated and there is a null.json in the folder for ESGST in my Dropbox. The file seems to be the settings file.

Is this due to what I ran in console or it's due to me putting 1 day to trigger a save? Because I rested again and ran localStorage.removeItem("esgst_isBackingUp"); in the console, waited a few minutes and nothing happened this time.

Edit: If it's due to the 1 day trigger, why did it change the name from the standard with date and time to null?

6 years ago

The window should have stayed open. It should have prompted you to enter a name for the file, or use the default one. Since you didn't, it saved as "null". Did you accidentally close the window by clicking on the screen?

It's due to the 1 day trigger, it will now only appear again in 24 hours, no matter what you do in your localStorage. Or, if you want to test it again, you could set the day to a really small number, like 0.000001, just to test it.

6 years ago

I couldn't remember if I clicked somewhere since I was not expecting it to show up, so I tested with your suggestion of 0.000001 and clicked nothing and just waited for it to pop out, the window showed up and closed by itself, didn't ask me anything.

6 years ago

Something weird going on... What happens if you run prompt("Testing") in the console? Does it open a dialog in your browser requesting an input?

6 years ago

Yes, a dialog window does show up.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Still an issue?

6 years ago

I updated the Script, but the last save that I have is from March 16th even while having it to save every day.

I put to save it every 0.0001 days so that it would force it to happen now and waited, but nothing happened. When I refreshed the options page a window opened and closed and it was to dropbox, so I checked the folder to see if there was something new, but nothing... Still the one from March 16th.

6 years ago

It's probably better if you switch the auto backups to your computer until I figure out what's going on. Auto backups to your computer work, right? Is it just to Dropbox that it doesn't work?

6 years ago

I haven't tried, but will try now.

I set it up to save on my computer. Is it suppose to keep asking me for the name of the file? Instead of just saving it?

6 years ago*

Yes, it's supposed to do that. I could add an option to just save without asking.

6 years ago

Didn't it do that before?
When it was working automatically, I don't remember ever seeing a window pop out for me to enter the name in order to save it, the window would only show up if I was doing a manual back up.

6 years ago

Nope, it always showed up the window, at least since I implemented the option to set a custom name for the file.

6 years ago

Oh, did it save automatically without user input before? Because I always use the default name since it has all the info I want, so I never noticed changes.

6 years ago

Yeah, it used to, but then I added the option to set custom names, if people didn't like the default name. I think someone asked for that feature. But I'll add an option to save without asking to the next version.

6 years ago

Many thanks :D

6 years ago

I changed back to save on Dropbox, today a window popped out but didn't asked me to input name or anything, it just saved it.

Thank you. (。◕‿◕。)

6 years ago

Im having problems with version 7.16.4 , cant change settings because it says "page not found".

Using chrome with ViolentMonkey

6 years ago

6 years ago

Is working fine in the latest version, ty for the fix

6 years ago

Hello,

Just installed this wonderful tool via greasemonkey / Firefox; I have my browser updated to the latest version, but I cant make the "enter" function from mainpage (without having to go into the GA description/page) work with this setup. Button is showing, but when I click it's stuck in "Entering". If you have any clue ;)

Thanks

6 years ago

Check the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J) for errors.

6 years ago

TypeError: /ajax.php is not a valid URL. ExtensionContent.jsm:2840:46

it appears each time I click on enter. Is it relevant ?

6 years ago

I'll see if I can find the issue.

6 years ago

6 years ago

works perfect with latest version ! wow, thanks for the reactivity ! have a nice day

6 years ago

You too. :)

6 years ago

Endless scrolling not working anymore, on all pages where it is supposed to work.
No errors in the log, so quite weird...
I'm on version 7.16.5, with Chrome/Tampermonkey

6 years ago

Working fine for me. Can you double check your include/exclude settings?

6 years ago

These are the includes I have (I think they are the default ones):

^/(giveaway/(?!./(entries|winners|groups|region-restrictions))|discussion/|support/ticket/)
^/(discussions|support/tickets)

^/($|giveaways(?!/(new|wishlist|created|entered|won)))

These are on the main option (1.7), all the sub-options have no include/exclude.

6 years ago

But are those includes enabled?

What exactly happens? You scroll down to the end of the page and it doesn't load the next one? Do the endless scrolling buttons appear in the main page heading? Does the "Loading next page" message appear at the end of the page? Are there errors in the console when that happens?

6 years ago

Yes, they are enabled.
What happens is this: everything is working as expected, except the endless scrolling. The buttons appear on the heading, but no "Loading next page" message. Also no error at all in the log...
But I found something that could help you: if I manually add the page to the include list, then it works on that page. Maybe something wrong with the default "complex" includes?

6 years ago

What if you delete all includes and only have one include for all pages: .*

6 years ago

That way is working perfectly! Thanks!

6 years ago

Just updated to versoin 7.16.5 on Chrome, which should fix an issue with giveaway extractor not loading in new tab (558) and one about the button moving (552), but now the giveaway extractor does not work at all for me.
Clicking the button to extract giveaways triggers a loading, but nothing more
No errors found in the console log (ctrl+shift+J)
I've disabled other userscripts,but to no avail

6 years ago

Are you opening the extractor in a new tab or on the same one? If on the same one, can you try opening in a new tab and seeing if the result is different? Where are you extracting from? A discussion or a giveaway? Does it happen for any discussion/giveaway?

6 years ago

well, I normally had it on same tab, but tried new tab as well,. both did not work. Both from giveaway and discussion did not work
However, it just now started working normally again.
So, I guess it's fixed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 years ago

Weird. Maybe the train you were trying to extract had some problems?

6 years ago

Nope, I tried it on several different charts and trains, but it did not even give a popup.
Might have been a hiccup, I don't know what else it could be, as I did not change anything.

6 years ago

Bug: Permalink function is running too early as a result SG's permalink is undefined so it does not get removed.

6 years ago

Should be fixed.

6 years ago

Has a change been made to GA extractor so that if you are currently on the page of a GA, and press the GA extractor button, it does not include the current GA (the page you are on) in the list of GAs?

I am pretty sure it used to include the current GA, and now it doesn't. Was this done on purpose? If so, is there any option to enable the old behavior?

Thanks

6 years ago

Pretty sure that was changed some time ago, yes. I remember someone pointing out that extracting the current giveaway was redundant, since you're already in it.

There is no option, but I can add one if really necessary, though I don't see the point?

6 years ago

I really liked that it also added the current one
if it is not included I need to remember to also join the GA I came from, because it is not in the list

6 years ago

It just streamlines the process of entering/viewing the GAs. Instead of having to do one thing for the first GA of a train and then another for the rest, it is the same for all of them.

If the link to the train was a direct link from a forum post, then you would press the "GA extractor" button on the forum post, and they would all be in one list. However if that link in the post is indirect (like sgtools, etc.) then the first opportunity you have to press the "GA extractor" button is on the first GA page, which means the list will not include the first GA.

If it has been this way for a while, then I have probably missed entering that first GA because I just assumed it was part of the GA list like it always had been.

I would prefer to have the old way back (or an option to do so), but I suppose I can remember to first decide if I want to enter that first GA before I press the "GA extractor" button. But I always like it when I have to think less :-).

6 years ago

Actually, I was wrong. The feature is indeed supposed to extract the first giveaway, but I changed something in the last version and forgot to do the same for that functionality.

6 years ago

Oh, good, I guess that means the old functionality will be coming back? I look forward to it. Thanks again.

6 years ago

Yes, it's back.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

What exactly happens? It doesn't export or does it export an empty file? Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive? Is this the manual export or the automatic one?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

It's exporting fine for me. You on Chrome?

Can you detail step by step what happens? Does the button change to "Backing up..."? Etc...

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

It doesn't ask you to sign in?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Do you have ESGST here? Try removing it and then trying again.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

You're looking on Google? I don't think Google shows it. Open the import menu, then click Google Drive and you should see the list of backups available to import.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

null.json is not an unsuccesful backup, it just was not named for some reason (you should get a prompt on your browser asking for a file name), but it's still a valid backup (you can test by exporting your current data to your computer and importing the null.json without merging, all your data will be there).

Did you do the same on OneDrive? Remove access to the app and grant it again?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

What's weird is you not getting the window asking for a file name. Maybe I should put a default name in there just to prevent null from happening.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

when you extract giveaways and you don't have enough points for one of the extracted GAs it shows not enough points, but you can't click on it (even if you got points back in the meantime)
when you already loaded the GAs and then you have to few points the enter button just turns red and if you get points back you still can click and enter
it would be cool, if this would work all the time, even if you hadn't the points when you started extracting

6 years ago

Should be fixed.

6 years ago

yep works now

6 years ago

Since a recent update, the GA extractor button only works a small fraction of the time for me. Sometimes it works the first click, often I have to click a handful of times, and sometimes a dozen or more before it appears. I have waited for the page to load completely and given the pane time to appear, it just won't appear a large fraction of the times I click it. I'm running Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit), with no other Tampermonkey scripts on the page. Other panes (whitelist/blacklist, comment search, etc.) work without issues.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does ESGST have a debug console I can get output from?

6 years ago

I have the same issue, see a few comments above

You could use the browser console log (ctrl+shift+J) to check for errors.
However, I had no errors, and it just worked normally after a while again, yet it stopped working for me again since today.

6 years ago

Not sure, but I think it could be related to how Chrome handles the mouse event. I'm currently using Firefox as my main browser and the extractor works fine 100% of the time. I'll test on Chrome later to see if I can reproduce your issue and try to fix it.

6 years ago

Thanks in advance. I need to do a little more checking on my end, too, but it may correlate with remote desktop usage. Which would almost certainly be beyond the scope of the script.

6 years ago

It's not a remote desktop thing. Ignore that. It's definitely happening on local sessions.

6 years ago

Should be fixed.

6 years ago

Thanks for your work! So far, it's working.

6 years ago

what's up with double enter / remove buttons that don't refresh?

View attached image.
6 years ago

Not from ESGST.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Check the include/exclude settings for it, I think there's currently a bug that does not enable them by default. If you run into some issues, try removing all includes and adding this one: .*

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Is there an option to hide entered giveaways, or could it be added? Once I enter a giveaway, I don't really need to see it on the list, faded or not. At the same time, when the giveaway is faded, there's no "hide this giveaway" button next to it, so it's impossible to hide it. It would be perfect if there was an option to automatically hide entered GAs on the list.

On the same note, I wonder if individually hiding a large number of giveaways could hinder the performance? Are the GAs cleared from the hide-list after they conclude?

6 years ago

Giveaway Filters > Multiple Filters

6 years ago

Thanks, took me a while to grasp it but eventually it worked. ;-)

6 years ago

Did you follow the description of the feature?

6 years ago

I did but I misunderstood it so I thought it didn't work. But I figured it out eventually.

6 years ago

Ah ok, if you think there's anything I can make clearer for other users let me know.

6 years ago

nah, I'm just special :D it seems clear enough now that I know how it works :D

6 years ago

Is there any way to save old version settings so when updating extension I don't need to reconfigure everything?

6 years ago

Yes, as mentioned in the OP above and on GitHub, you can just export your settings and import.

6 years ago

March 9, 2018
Max key length increased from 32 to 35 characters, due to some longer keys being reported.
As requested, added Redeem button to the gifts won page, which redirects to Steam for quickly activating keys.

@rafaelgs18 Is it possible to remove this new big button and keep the old one (2.39)?

6 years ago

The new feature Element Filters allows you to do this.

6 years ago

The option to remove the pinned giveaways was removed?

6 years ago

No, it was moved to Element Filters, check the description of the feature.

6 years ago

Ah, didn't expected it to be there. Thanks

6 years ago

Firefox users with the add-on might have to go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/esgst/ and add the extension to update it this one time, because I do not believe it will automatically update to v7.17.1. After that, all future updates will continue to be automatic.

6 years ago

Good point! Cheers!

6 years ago

I updated on FF to v7.17.1 and got a mess of the view on the general page.
Before the update the level restriction and time left on the gib was on the right, just above the Enter button, on the title of the gib line.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Maybe it was you who accidentally moved it? You can reset it in the settings menu under Others, in case you didn't know.

6 years ago

Oh, I see. I really didn't know.
But nothing "comes back" when I press "Reset Order".
I moved them around the way I like. It's a neat feature. Thank you (─‿‿─)
Is there a way to move the "number of entries" indication?

6 years ago

Did you press "Reset Order" and refresh the page? Also, did you select the appropriate options to reset? "Giveaway Columns" and "Giveaway Panel"?

6 years ago

"Giveaway Panel" option with the "Reset Order" did the trick. Thank you.
Is there a way to drag the "number of entries" somewhere else?

6 years ago

No, no way to drag entries at the moment, and I'm not really planning on adding that right now.

6 years ago

Hi,

I'm on chrome with the tampermonkey script and since some days the endless scrolling stopped working without me changing anything. Couldn't get it back to work, tried putting in only ".*", updated to the new version, reinstalled the script to no avail. Also I never got the feature to view steam ratings to work. Is there anything I have to additionally activate for it to show?
Thanks for this nice extension, it helps much.

6 years ago

Are the include options toggled on?

Which options (in numbers) did you activate for Steam ratings?

6 years ago

Thanks for getting back to me.
Both includes are on, yes, both ".*".
With ratings I use the predefined:

1. Rating
  2. Show the percentage and number of reviews next to the icon.
    Add Rating Setting
    From
    % to
    % rating, color it as
    with the background
    and the icon
    thumbs-down
    From
    % to
    % rating, color it as
    with the background
    and the icon
    minus-circle
    From
    % to
    % rating, color it as
    with the background
    and the icon
    thumbs-up
6 years ago

Wait, what do you mean by "both"? There should be only one include. The other is an exclude. If you have a setting with ".*" in the excludes, remove it, that's what's preventing the feature from working.

Check the includes/excludes of Game Categories as well, it might not be set to show everywhere.

6 years ago

Sorry, I meant the Includes at "Endless Scrolling" and "Rating". There is only one each, and no exclude.

6 years ago

I got endless scrolling to work with another reinstall.

Is there anyone who uses 7.2.18 "ratings" successfully? All other 7.2.* work, but not this one. It seems there are no ratings polled from steam at all. If I filter for ratings with the filter tool, every giveaway is filtered away, regardless of the threshold. Only if I disable "filter games with no rating", every giveaway returns.

See here: https://imgur.com/a/c5KkI

@rafaelgs18: Every include/exclude is untouched as it was installed.

6 years ago

Did you check the includes for 7.2.18? There might be a bug that some includes are not enabled as intended on first install.

6 years ago

Yes, they are as you can see in the second screenshot I linked. I assume some bug too, perhaps some other option has unknowingly to be activated or may not be activated at the same time.

6 years ago

Will look into it.

6 years ago

Still happening?

6 years ago

Thanks for the ongoing work!
I'm sorry but I still don't have ratings after the update. Also the endless scrolling is back to not working again. But perhaps it's just a problem on my side, you shouldn't focus too much on it, seems I am the only one.

6 years ago

Try clearing the cache, to do this enter this in the browser console: localStorage.removeItem("esgst_gcCache");

As for endless scrolling, please check the includes/excludes again, maybe they changed in the latest update. Do the endless scrolling buttons (play, pause) appear in the page?

6 years ago

Endless scrolling is back! I really don't know what changed, the includes/excludes are the same, I tried it today and it works. I'm using the script in tampermonkey and not the extension, perhaps that's somehow the reason?

When I enter the term you suggested into my chrome console I get the response "undefined".

6 years ago

It's ok, did the ratings appear when you did that?

6 years ago

No.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.