Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thanks for the big update Rafael 😊

Just one thing: is there a way to get the game categories/columns back onto the same row as the end date etc? At the moment they're all on their own row like they were before you introduced the draggable elements, and I can't drag them down to the row underneath anymore (I guess because you've moved the rearranging completely to settings?)

5 years ago

You'll find a section called Element Ordering in the settings menu.

5 years ago

I know, I found that... 😅

What I meant was, how do I get the whole row of categories back to where it was before upgrading to v8. I prefer the look of that layout.

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Well, but it's in that section. You need to move the elements you want from Game Categories to Giveaway Columns.

5 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! 😲
I didn't realise I could move elements between those groups, I thought it was just for changing the order within each group 😣😅

Looking better now, but I guess SquishedPotatoe needs to update SGv2 Dark, or is this something on your end?

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Oh it is definitely that slacker potatoe 😈

5 years ago

😜

5 years ago

Or maybe not, seems to be fine in dev version

5 years ago

...and in a related issue, I'm now getting some duplicated icons in the new positions 🙃

View attached image.
5 years ago

Just seen on GitHub that you fixed these, thank you! 😎👌

5 years ago

In a totally separate bug, the "SteamGifts Filters" > "Manually Filtered" checkbox in the filter drop-down section, no longer seems to toggle "Hide games you manually filtered?" in the SG account settings page.

5 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.1.2.

5 years ago

Can i change somewhere in settings the popup window size in grid? Thanks.

View attached image.
5 years ago

See if it's better in the latest version.

5 years ago

Just updated, still occurs in version: 8.0.3
I managed to isolate the issue - only games with names longer than the gridbox width cause the scrollbar to appear.
No issue with short-named games.
Suggestion: word wrap the game's name.

5 years ago

It should already be word-wrapping in v8.0.3. It might be a theme issue then. Can you post a screenshot? Here's what I get:

As you can see, "Survival Zombies The Inverted Evolution" wraps up as intended.

View attached image.
5 years ago

the game name text itself is not word wrapping

5 years ago

I mispoke, I meant that it's being shortened as expected (from "Survival Zombies The Inverted Evolution" to "Survival Zombies The Invert...". That's how it's always been, as far as I remember.

5 years ago

it seems that not always, in some giveaways it still shows the bottom scroll bar

View attached image.
5 years ago

True, but the bottom bar is not that big a deal for me, it's not as bad as the right side bar, and it's not like there are any elements missing that need to be scrolled in. I'll look into this later, but I'd say it's an extremely minor issue.

5 years ago

This commit removed

max-width: 150px;
overflow: hidden;
text-overflow: ellipsis;

from common.js

Depending what you prefer either add it back to truncate with ellipsis or set whitespace to normal to wrap.

For me i am probably going with ellipsis, wrapping looks odd with long names if you have elements before the name.

5 years ago*

Yeah, I thought it wasn't needed, because I tested a bit with flex-wrap and it was truncating everything fine for me.

5 years ago

Gridview still has some issues in giveaway bookmarks, giveaway extractor , possibly giveaway encrypter/decrypter. It seems .featured__column is being added to draggable elements in the giveaway icons.

I noticed this on the giveaway page not sure if it is elswhere.

5 years ago*

Added example, game name is:
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

View attached image.
5 years ago

Looks better, but long games name still with trouble.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Saturday has gone missing :)

Chrome + Tampermonkey + Userscript

View attached image.
5 years ago

yeah notice that too =)

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

confirmed, it looks correct now. Thank you! :)

5 years ago

color of copies not work for multiple GA section

View attached image.
5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

There seems to be an issue with 3.6 Discussions Sorter: Previous to the recent updates I had ESGST set to sort the discussions by newest topic first. This is no longer happening. Looking through the settings and the infos 3.6 still says "There is also an option to automatically sort the discussions so that every time you open the page the discussions are already sorted by whatever option you prefer." - but there is no such option anymore.

5 years ago

It's working fine for me. The option is in the heading button.

5 years ago

I'm not talking about the little up and down arrows but the second feature, that sorts all discussions on the page by e.g. date of posting.
That's all I got:

View attached image.
5 years ago*

I know. It's possible that the button is hidden for some reason then. Check the Element Ordering section and see where Discussion Sorter is.

5 years ago

It's in "Left Main Page Heading Buttons"... I don't even know where that is. Even when looking other elements in that section I can't find them on the page.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Based on your screenshot, your right main page heading buttons appear to be added fine, but there are no left ones. Are there any errors in the console?

5 years ago

I've tried moving it to another box (Right Main Page Heading Buttons), it still doesn't show up. No error in console.

5 years ago

If you open the settings menu again, it's still in that box? I'll have to add some logs to the next version so we can figure it out, then, because I cannot reproduce this.

5 years ago

Yes, it was still where I had put it.
Interestingly, things like the Giveaway Extractor do show up in train discussions or the Group Library/Wishlist Checker on group pages.

5 years ago*

I've restarted my browser and now it's there and working again. No idea what that was all about.

5 years ago

Well, ok then.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Can you try moving it to Right Main Page Heading Buttons?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

You can't. It's a bug.

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Are you sure that's not just the way your order is configured for every page?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

In that page, yes, because the elements weren't being re-ordered at all in giveaway pages (this was the bug). But can you check other pages, like the main page?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Weird, I cannot reproduce this at all.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Please check the console log for errors.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Another bug related to this. In gridview enter giveaway highlighter order is incorrect after unsuccessful attempt to save game tag.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property '3Whn3' of undefined
    at t.<anonymous> (esgst.js:1)
    at w (esgst.js:54)
    at Generator._invoke (esgst.js:54)
    at Generator.e.(/anonymous function) [as next] (chrome-extension://ajlmlcdpefmolfechophdededcfogjfj/esgst.js:54:15035)
    at n (esgst.js:1)
    at r (esgst.js:1)
    at esgst.js:1
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)

deleting game tag data restores correct order.

5 years ago

I think this is related to the tag bug that has already been fixed in the dev version, no?

5 years ago

Yeah it is fixed in dev, i was not on that version at the time.

Edit: I remember now i switched off of dev because enter button was not working.

5 years ago*

When I view my giveaways, it seems like the first time a giveaway is shown the columns for that giveaway are shown in the wrong order. See in the image below, the 2 new giveaways I made show up like this the first time. After reloading the page (and every time I view it after that) it shows them correctly.

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Should be fixed in v8.1.2.

5 years ago

It looks good now. Thank you very much!

5 years ago

Thank you for your amazing work, rafael.
But after the latest update, I don't see any of the tags I had written to the games. Not a single one :/

5 years ago

It's an already reported bug.

5 years ago

Ok.
Sorry for not going through the thread.

5 years ago

No need to apologize, I don't expect people to go through the hundreds of comments before reporting something. :P I was just letting you know that I'm already aware of it, it will be fixed in the next version.

5 years ago

👍
Keep being awesome!

5 years ago

Hip hip hooray for your bug-solving and double the hips and hoorays for everything you do!
Thank you!

5 years ago

Using multiple giveaways creator, in Chrome/Tampermonkey/Userscript, the "View results" button no longer functions, it says "Opening" forever:

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.0.4. Sorry it took so long.

5 years ago

No need to apologize! Thank you very much for your efforts! :)

5 years ago

I accidentally clicked on the red icon while creating a giveaway and added a game to the no CV list in the database. I really haven't delved deep into all the options of ESGST, so I'm not sure if this will affect anyone negatively.

5 years ago

I'm pretty sure you see this icon only if ESGST detects a noCV game which isn't already in the ESGST database for noCV games. Clicking the icon adds this game to the database and helps others to see the correct info. You can't do anything wrong with it.

5 years ago

OK. :) I'm not sure which game I added to the list, but based on what you wrote, I assume it's a game which is supposed to be in there. My giveaway was for Super Cloudbuilt. I don't remember at which point I clicked the icon, while searching "cloud" or after selecting "Super Cloudbuilt" from the autocomplete. Probably the former because Super Cloudbuilt is not eligible.

5 years ago*

Hi mate, a little bug that I noticed just now:
When I´m in the "Created GAs" page and I click on the little circle next to the GA name to recreate the GA, it just opens the GA in a new window, instead of opening the create a new GA window.

5 years ago

Will look into it.

5 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.0.4.

5 years ago

I bookmarked a giveaway but the icon doesn't show up on the header. Is it because the giveaway hasn't started yet? Is that intentional?

5 years ago

As far as I remember, yes, the button will not appear if the giveaway has not started yet. When the giveaway does start, the button will appear and will be colored differently to let you know that it started.

5 years ago

ok cool thx for replying

5 years ago

Grid View bug

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

It has been fixed for next version, if you want to correct it now you can add this to the custom theme area in esgst setting 10.6

.esgst-gv-popout .giveaway__heading__name {
      max-width: 150px;
      overflow: hidden;
      text-overflow: ellipsis;
    }
5 years ago

Ok, waiting for the next version

5 years ago

ver 8.0.4 nothing change

5 years ago

It definitely is changed, maybe try resetting the gridview element ordering.

5 years ago

Maybe a dumb question but I have 'Enter/Leave Giveaway Button' marked and it works for most games, but for some it doesn't.
I noticed so far that 2 times when I removed a game from my filtered list, it didn't had that button when going to the main page, is there anything I am missing in the options or that I am doing something wrong?

5 years ago

Try syncing your hidden games in the settings menu.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Thanks, I didn't know about that one, I marked it for now and will see if that worked!

5 years ago

I must be doing something wrong. I've had an ongoing problem of not being able to get rid of page dividers when using search filters (eg the basic one, ga level, points etc) along with endless scrolling. The problem being, that the enter/leave button only appears on the first page and the refresh and load buttons just refuse to work. This can make entering GAs a bit of a struggle.
The weird thing is, it works fine on my old win 7 machine (but sooo slow), but no matter what I do, just can't get this working properly on my (much faster) win 10 machine. That includes uninstalling and reinstalling the script and carefully implementing settings one by one.
( I did try to import my settings, but although I managed to export them, I have no idea how to actually import them. I don't think that would have helped me anyway.)
It's probably something really simple that I am missing. But at this point, I am out of ideas.

5 years ago

There are options to backup/restore your settings in the settings menu (two buttons at the header that have arrows pointing up/down).

If you cannot reproduce after restoring your settings, let me know.

5 years ago

Problem solved. Old SG++ was still running and adding the dividers. Ugh.
Thank you for your help :D

5 years ago

Can anyone confirm editing a saved giveaway before creating it works? I have 9 giveaways ready to be created that I saved a while ago, but I whenever I click the "Edit" button after making my changes it just stays loading forever saying "Editing...".

5 years ago

It's a bug, I can reproduce it here. You might have to re-do the giveaways if you don't want to wait until I fix it.

5 years ago

I don't mind waiting, the keys aren't going anywhere anyway. I'll keep an eye out in the patch notes, thanks!

5 years ago

5 years ago

Yep, can confirm it works properly now, thanks :)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Seems like there's an issue with the "creators" search filter? Is there a minimum number of letters? Asking because it's not working when searching for GAs made by CG on my entered page. There are quite a lot of errors shown in console related to ESGST when loading all the entered pages for active GAs in with endless scrolling... no idea if related to the filter issue though. All something like this:

2esgst.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'appendChild' on 'Node': The new child element contains the parent. at t.value (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:1:1348363) at t.value (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:1:578249) at t.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:1:539967) at w (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:54:14856) at Generator._invoke (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:54:14644) at Generator.e.(anonymous function) [as next] (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:54:15035) at n (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:1:347722) at r (chrome-extension://pieelnhhnfakilgomkmmjdgfbjbeadco/esgst.js:1:347932)

Also, the table sorter for "Date Entered" is not working (the others are).

5 years ago*

Ok, so there's an issue with the points filter that's responsible for certain GAs not showing up - although they should. As soon as that gets activated, cg's steam gift card GAs disappear from the list of entered giveaways.

5 years ago

A funny thing with bookmarks. I bookmarked group GA (which is ended now), then I left the group. Now I always have active flag in header which shows empty window untill I choose view raw list. There is no way to unbookmark it cause I'm not allowed to enter GA's page.
I tried to enable "Automatically unbookmark ended giveaways" and it works. But if I disable it back then the issue appears again

5 years ago

In v8.0.4, ended giveaways should be automatically unbookmarked correctly. There's also a new option to automatically unbookmark inaccessible giveaways when loading them.

5 years ago

Automatically unbookmark inaccessible giveaways worked for me.
Thank you again for your time and script itself

5 years ago

How templates supposed to work? All it does after setting up times and other whatnots, that it says it's saved after the template name, goes into an endless saving circle below it, and I have no idea where can I load the templates to begin with :|

5 years ago

Probably a bug, I'll look into it. As the description of the feature says, the templates can be loaded through the button in the main page heading.

5 years ago

Thanks! I think I added the feature like months ago and only now decided that I could use it, totally forgot the settings menu.
Applying it seems to be working, and despite of the weird saving message (under textbox), it got saves properly when it says after the template name.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Feature Request
Would it be possible to check attached .gif images with an Imgur url to see if there's a .gifv version, and if so, to replace the .gif with the higher resolution .gifv?

I'm not sure how feasible this is; the .gif is already loaded of course so you'd have to replace the image in the attach.

I always link the .gif version of images cause I don't want people without ESGST to miss out but if the above is possible then it's best of both worlds.

5 years ago

Do all Imgur GIFs have a .gifv version?

5 years ago

I did a super quick test and the surprising answer seems to be yes.

Both this and this also work when I change the extentions to .gifv.

5 years ago

The problem with .gifv images though, is that they are not attached on SteamGifts.

5 years ago

Yeah, that's why I said it's probably too much work to implement. You'd have to replace the .gifs in the attach area with their .gifv counterparts. I'm pretty sure there should be a Javascript way to change an src and then trigger an update for the browser to show the newly linked version. But it's probably tricky, there might be cross-browser issues, etc.

5 years ago

I'm not sure it would make much of a difference anyway, GIFs aren't usually high resolution.

5 years ago

Well, it was mostly so mp4's would show up in .gifv; there the difference is quite big.

Compare these three:

The .gifv looks way better than the .gif.

5 years ago

I continue to have this problem where certain collections are showing up with an "Owned" tag, yet they are not being filtered out when excluding "Owned".

For instance after a sync, I see this:
Removed packages:Multiwinia + Darwinia, The Ironclads Collection, FEAR 3, King Arthur Collection (March 2012), Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Season One + OST Vol 1, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

I still own all these, yet they show up here as "removed" for some unknown reason (they show up again and again under "Removed packages" if I sync multiple times).

When I look at a GA for "The Ironclads Collection", I see that it has the "Owned" tag and the button says "Exists in account", however the filter on the GA extractor is supposed to filter out "Owned" games (and it does work for most everything), however this package is not filtered out and is still listed.

If no one else is having this type of problem, perhaps there is some database corruption somewhere? Is there something I can do to recreate the database without loosing any manual configurations?

5 years ago

Sorry, haven't had time to look into this yet.

5 years ago

Seems I've the same problem but only with one game (Layers of Fear)

5 years ago

I think I've detected the issue. ESGST extends the "Owned" and "Wishlisted" tags to packages using info from Game Categories.

For example, if you own all games in a package, ESGST is able to verify that you own the package with Game Categories and applies the "Owned" tag to the package as well, since package ownership isn't reported by the Steam API.

As a result, when you sync, these packages are detected as removed, because they have the "Owned" tag but are not detected as owned by the Steam API.

I'm seeing what I can do to fix this.

5 years ago

As for the giveaways not being filtered, it could be the same issue, Game Categories visually applying the "Owned" tag but not internally modifying the game info. Looking into it.

5 years ago

On v8.0.5, sync once and then sync again. That should fix it. And please let me know if the filter issue still happens.

5 years ago

Looks good so far, but I will have to keep an eye out for the collection issue, as I have no current examples to test.

5 years ago

You mean the filter issue? You can test by going to the profile of a user that has made a giveaway for it and filter it there.

5 years ago

I still have this problem...

I own "Layers of Fear" on Steam, however the "Owned" tag does not appear on GAs for this game, however the "Wishlisted" tag does. I don't think it is possible to wishlist a game you own.

I DO have DLC for this game wishlisted, however, ("Layers of Fear: Inheritance") so I think it is somehow confusing the wishlist of the DLC with the main game.

5 years ago

I also own it and tried wishlisting the DLC to see, but no luck in reproducing it.

5 years ago

Strange...
I see the "Wishlisted" tag on both "Layers of Fear" and "Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition" GAs.
I then removed "Layers of Fear: Inheritance" from my wishlist on Steam and then synced ESGST.
After that, the "Wishlisted" tag was gone on both types of GAs.
Adding it back to my wishlist on Steam and syncing again makes the "Wishlisted" tag appear once again on both GAs.

Sample GAs:
Layers of Fear
Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition

5 years ago

I have a bug since upgrading to v8.0.4.

When I use the balloon icon (4.10) to open the comment editor I can still save my comment with Ctrl+Enter but it doesn't close the popup or reload the page to show my comment.

5 years ago

Fixed in v8.0.5.

5 years ago

I just read the change log; thanks! :D

5 years ago

This is a test to see if the comment box at the bottom of the page has the same issue.

Edit: it does not; pressing Ctrl+Enter there works as it should.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.