Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago*

Added.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

since a few days clicking on join on the GA extractor doesn't work anymore

5 years ago

In the new tab, right? Already aware of it.

5 years ago

So it Works woth popup?
Would at least be a work around

5 years ago

Yes.

5 years ago

I switched from tampermonkey userscript to the extension. My only problem ist that just one out of 4 themes is working. When i switch to SG Dark Grey it updates immediately shows v2.0.4 and works fine. The other three don´t update and show vUnknown next to the button. Would like to use SG v2 Dark. Still the script is awesome, can´t imagine using SG without it anymore.

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

still got the same problem

5 years ago

Please check that you are on v7.26.2, I tested it multiple times and it was fixed for me.

5 years ago

yay, thanks a lot!

5 years ago

Thank you for your continuing work, revilheart!
I would like to ask for a chance to disable the predictions in "game tags" let's say because it hinders the use of Enter button for me and slows down things.
As shown in the example - If I wanted to use only "apocalyptic", but hit Enter on the keyboard, the tag will go "apocalyptic MMO", so I'd have to use the mouse to click the Save if I wanted only "apocalyptic".
I hope this makes sense for you.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Added the option, but I also made some improvements to that feature that should not slow things down anymore, and the suggestions aren't automatically selected anymore.

5 years ago

Thank you so much! It works beautifully!
You are awesome!

5 years ago

Auto-sync last week worked fine, but this week ESGST won't sync data anymore -- just sits on "Syncing Steam Groups" indefinitely.

Console says:

chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:50340 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Assignment to constant variable.
    at lockAndSaveGroups (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:50340)
lockAndSaveGroups @ chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:50340
userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:50340 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Assignment to constant variable.
    at lockAndSaveGroups (userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:50340)
lockAndSaveGroups @ userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:50340
async function (async)
ButtonSet_v2.button1.addEventListener @ userscript.html?id=923a4a3f-b551-406a-a202-f7fe0e6dffc0:5544
5 years ago*

Should be fixed in v7.26.1.

5 years ago

Thank you kind sir! :D

Edit add: When ESGST is finished syncing, it spits out two 4-digit plain-text numbers into the console -- is that normal? (I don't normally have console open when syncing so this was first time I saw it upon successful sync.)

5 years ago*

Yeah, it's normal. I added that to debug an issue that a user was experiencing.

5 years ago

Some suggestions for Game Categories:

1. Add an option to show all the info which don't need to be fetched from steam instant (owned, full cv, reduced cv, no cv, hidden and so on)
  2. Maybe the order in which the info is fetched can be changed to first look for non-filtered giveaways
  3. It seems to me that esgst tries to fetch everything for every single ga even if they are for the same game maybe this could be changed to get the info just for appid/subid to improve speed and reduce data
5 years ago

1. Can't you just enable/disable them individually?
  2. That's a good idea, perhaps not even fetch data at all for giveaways that are not visible in the page (until they become visible).
  3. That already is the case. The feature retrieves all the appids and subids in the page and fetches each id only once, then goes around applying the data to the giveaways. Is there anything specifically that you looked that made it seem to you like it was fetching duplicate stuff or are you just making an assumption?
5 years ago

1. I try to be more clear: At the moment esgst first tries to get all the data and then shows all the info. This can take some time and I'm not always interested in all data. Sometimes it's enogh for me to see if I already own a game or if it's on my hidden list. The data for these isn't fetched from steam. Because of that I thought it would be possible to show the info direct and the other stuff like rating or trading card and so on later when the data is fetched from steam.
  2. I had some games multiple times in the list and it took quite some time after the first one had all the info shown till the later one also had all the info. But my conclusion was wrong. This is no indicator that esgst get the data twice.
5 years ago

Ah, my mistake, I didn't notice the word instant there.

That's probably just the 200ms global limit. Also keep in mind that with some categories enabled 3 requests need to be made for each game:

• The basic request to the API.
  • If "Learning", "Rating", "Removed" or "User-Defined Tags" are enabled, another request to the Steam store page of the game.
  • If "DLC > Indicate if the base game of the DLC is free." is enabled, a third request to the API for the base game (if it's not already in the cache).
5 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that it takes more than one request per game with some settings. At least I don't use the last option (Indicate if the base game of the DLC is free) which saves me one request.

5 years ago

Added 1 and 2.

5 years ago

Thanks a lot revilheart. Both are working fine for me.

5 years ago

So with new update its intended categories to load forever in some areas? Do i need to change something in options?
Also i believe categories loaded faster in previous versions

5 years ago

Are they really loading forever or just taking a long time to load? If you haven't read the changelog, an option was added to limit requests to the Steam store (enabled by default), because you can very easily be blocked from the Steam store without this. In the most recent update this option was enhanced further, with a global limit across all open tabs, since some users were still getting blocked.

So you can disable that option if you're annoyed by the speed, but keep in mind that you will most likely be blocked from the Steam store for a few hours every now and then for the massive number of requests in a short period of time.

5 years ago

I've never encountered any blocks. Please tell me numbers where exactly options i need to turn it off?
I have option 7.2.1 enabled and it was fine for me. I suppose option 7.2.3 are new and if i turn it off i'll get all as it was before?

About forever loading. It is forever only in deals section, in threads that contains bundle charts.

5 years ago

7.2.1 is the one.

5 years ago

They're loading fine for me in threads that contain bundles. Is it happening on every thread? Even if you only have that SG tab open? Try checking the console log for errors.

5 years ago

I have the same problem.

12minute is enough to say forever ? if so yes forever...
and i don't even have a categorie who need steam to load (i think)...
i activate only full CV, no CV, Owned, Previously won, Wishlisted, Hidden, Ignored, HLTB
7.2.1 disable don't fix the problem.

It seem that if there isn't any category to show, it show the load logo forever.

5 years ago

Thanks for the info, I'll test with only those categories enabled. It might just be that the loading icon is being added then, without the script actually doing anything in the background.

5 years ago

I only have "owned" and "wishlisted" enabled for this section.
Console log is empty and clear for any bundle thread, just loading spinning forever.

5 years ago

Ah ok, that's probably it then. There isn't anything loading, it's just the icon being added when it shouldn't.

5 years ago

Just wanted to report that I have the same issue.

5 years ago

Should be fixed in the latest.

5 years ago

Looks like nothing changed. Loading still spinning endlessly and console is empty

5 years ago

Fixed in /giveaways but not in /discussion

5 years ago

Thanks for all the recent updates Rafael...

...however 😅 there's been a bug for a while that shows up when ESGST is used along side kelnage's Do You Even Play, Bro? script. I kept meaning to report it, but never got around to it... 🙄

On a user's won page, when the DYEPB? script has been run on that user's page, something 'confuses' ESGST and it incorrectly shows some giveaways as having multiple winners even though they only had one copy (the number of points seems to be read as number of copies). I don't know if this is due to an error in ESGST or kelnage's script or just an unfortunate conflict.

View attached image.
5 years ago

It's definitely a conflict. You can see your copy highlighter is messed up as well, just like every other feature that uses copies and points, such as winning chance and ratio.

Generally, ESGST does not work well with other scripts, because it assumes that the page is completely in its vanilla state before it starts doing its thing, so I don't have to spend more time specifying elements when I don't need to. So if another script adds even a tiny element to the page it can mess up things completely on ESGST.

I'll see if this one is an easy fix when I can.

5 years ago

Thanks for looking into it 😎

5 years ago

5 years ago

Fast work, much appreciated! 😁

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

I changed over to "Stylus" on Chrome since Stylish was no longer supported. I think this has somehow disabled all the nice extra UI features I had going with ESGST. Anyone else know how to get them back? Is there a recommended userstyle that works well with the script?

5 years ago

Section 10 in the settings there are 4 styles that can be enabled, or click on the links to go to their topics where you can find links for use with stylus

5 years ago

There used to be a ESGST button at the top of my SG UI for accessing settings, but I don't even see that any more. :P

5 years ago

Any errors in the console ? and can you access https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/settings

5 years ago

Everything worked after I deleted and re-installed the script

5 years ago*

Deleted

5 years ago

For the life of me I can not figure out how to load a saved template. Would anyone be willing to help?

Edit: Figured it out. I assumed a load option would be near the save option. Never noticed that little page icon on the top left.

5 years ago*

Deleted

5 years ago

Hi there, i want to know something about the AUTOBUMP feature on SG/ST.

How does it works, and what i've to do exactly to make it work, i checked with steamtrades and it doesn't seem working.

Please help

5 years ago

I can't find any Autobump feature on ESGST. I hope there isn't and there will not be any.
As you already spam enough, you don't need it anyway

I had to activate the "Discussion Filters" feature just to hide your thread.

5 years ago

It's for trades, there isn't autobump for discussions.

5 years ago

The autobump isn't working in ST, i've tried and even kept the thread open for like 2 hrs, but it doesn't bump. please do help me

5 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, lemme exclude you so that you won't get any more notifications. Thank you

5 years ago

Exclude me ? lol you can't. I'm not and won't be in your group... it's your spam on SG who is annoying, nothing else.

5 years ago

It appears to be working for me, what is your issue? Do you have the option to automatically bump every hour enabled? Did you click the bump button at the page heading?

5 years ago

Yeah, i clicked it, and instead of autobump every hour, it bumps all the trade threads

5 years ago

5 years ago

for about a week now i've been getting a spinning circle under the GA name. Any idea what it could be?
It's something to do with categories, i'm only displaying wishlist, but the spinning circle is on everything else....

5 years ago*

5 years ago

Cheers :)
Looks like it's fixed now

5 years ago

Hi
Nice script, with much features, and i m interesing how to set this script for same as "extended steamgift" (for same appearance, and features)
Its possible, I dont know?😀

5 years ago

Well, clearly the appearance won't be the same, but ESGST has most of the features that Extended SteamGifts has. You just have to take a look around the settings menu to find the features that you want (the search box is very helpful).

Based on the options page from Extended SteamGifts the following features are the alternatives in ESGST:

Enter/Remove button -> 2.8 Enter/Leave Giveaway Button
Endless scrolling -> 1.8 Endless Scrolling (You might also want to enable 1.8.11 for a more similar look)
Display chances -> 2.25 Giveaway Winning Chance
Fixed header -> 1.11 Fixed Header
Refresh points (60sec) -> 1.17 Header Refresher (You might also want to enable 1.17.3 to keep refreshing in the background)
Scroll to top button -> 1.31 Scroll To Top Button
Hide entered giveaways -> 2.18 Giveaway Filters > 2.18.2 Multiple Filters > 2.18.2.29 Entered (Then go to the giveaways page, open the filter panel below the main page heading, set the entered filter to "hide all" in the basic filters or "false" in the advanced filters and click on the "Save" button)
Active discussions in sidebar -> 3.1 Active Discussions On Top/Sidebar (Select "Sidebar" in the options)
Giveaway Signature Generator -> There's no alternative
Giveaway marks -> I don't know what this is
Hide featured giveaway -> 1.7 Element Filters > Enter "[esgst.giveawaysPath].featured__container" (without the quotes) in the "Filters" field
Comment editor -> 4.3 Comment Formatting Helper (Make sure to enable all of the sub-options that you need)
Comment features (embedded youtube & vimeo videos, gleam.io giveaways, auto load images) -> 1.9 Embedded Videos and 1.35 Visible Attached Images (There's no alternative for gleam.io giveaways)

The numbers are the path to the feature. If you open the settings menu you will see that every option is numbered. Just follow the numbers and you will find the features.

Now if Extended SteamGifts adds more features that aren't listed in the options page, I'm not familiar with the script, so you'll have to find the alternatives manually. If you can't find one, let me know what the feature does and I'll see if ESGST has an alternative.

5 years ago*

thank you very much, i check😀

5 years ago

I seem to have lost my ESGST data... Sorry if I report this without much info, but I really don't have much to say since I don't think I changed anything or updated anything, I simply closed Firefox before lunch and started afterwards and my data was blank.
No harm done because my automatic backup is set daily and the restore function worked perfectly, I just wanted to inform you in case it might be not a local issue.
Version was still 7.26.2, I updated only now to 7.26.3.

5 years ago

Are you using the add-on or the userscript?

5 years ago

Add-on

5 years ago

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I have no idea what it could be. Probably something corrupted in your Firefox profile?

5 years ago

No idea either, I simply closed Firefox and run it again, everything else was normal. I'll keep backing up my data daily and I'll let you know if it happens again.

5 years ago

havin' fun with 5.19 here :D (also never thought a whitelist check would be so "interesting", love this - +1 for that useful Skip User - , thanks again, revil)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Just as a note WL-checker is currently bugged and delivers wrong results in certain cases.
Better than manually skipping is to use the 'skip after X pages' setting, then it will also check through group+wl GAs as well and thus provide more accurate results.

5 years ago

'skip after X pages'

uh, didn't noticed that! thank you.

also, is really just for fun, here, Tristar. even if you mite get few interesting results, and i've got them... :D

5 years ago

Is there a way to exclude a specific group from the filter result?

For example i have X,Y,Z groups and want to see giveaways only from Y and Z group.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Check the filter "Groups".

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Bug: select elements accessed from page heading in settings have plain text for options instead of html.

Edit: except sync that one is fine. So restore and delete are the broken ones unless i'm missing something.

5 years ago*

Bug: Old Active Discussions Design refresh button in sidebar.

esgst.js:4350 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Illegal invocation
    at oadd_load (esgst.js:4350)
5 years ago

Hey all it's me again, with this recurring -weird- issue about comments reverser not properly working.
It's recurrent because whenever I reinstall, clean, or otherwise config defaults, it's shows up its ugly annoying head, again.

It's weird because despite having both endless page and reverse comments (see img below)
AND I load a thread by an URL shortcut link I have on my desk, it will show old comments above instead of the last one.
IF I enter the thread by clicking on discussion / forums then it will show the last comments on top, as it should.

Honestly I can't figure it out why does that since the shortcut and the thread link are the exact same.

The past times I had this issue, the mechanics where different, Revil had implemented a prefix (at the end of the url) to make it show the last comment above all.
I also had the ESGST running as script either on greasemonkey or tampermonkey, but always was Firefox updated to the latest version (Quantum, probably).

Now, I'm using the extension, no script present. Double checked!

ps. well, I'll have to comeback to edit this as after I set the reply box on top (instead of at the bottom), now it wont scroll endlessly anymore, to find my 2 month old comment as background info

EDIT. here.
If I'm typing a reply, it won't scroll endlessly, but as soon as I accept and the reply is saved, it's fine. Meaning the scrolling wont work with an open live reply.

View attached image.
5 years ago

I've changed it in the latest version. Now it should always reverse no matter where you came from.

5 years ago

Thank you, I'm using the #esgst_reverse at the end of the shortcut url I make and that works fine, for the direct approach :D

5 years ago

Still getting the neverending loading circle for game names in threads like this one https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/qOISG/level-7-hype-lvl1

5 years ago

I cannot reproduce. What options do you have enabled under Game Categories?

5 years ago

Limit requests to the Steam store
Show categories in real time
Show categories that do not need to be fetched from Steam instantly
Link each category to its related page

DLC
Indicate if the base game of the DLC is owned

Hidden
Enable the simplified version
Use icons instead of initials

No CV

Owned

5 years ago

5 years ago

Yea it looks fixed now. Thank you!

5 years ago

I just noticed the "Learning" option (7.2.16) and turned it on... Trouble is, it doesn't seem to do anything at all on games that Steam is still learning about. Is this a known issue?

5 years ago

Do you get a loading icon next to games?

5 years ago

I was seeing all of the other categories I've got enabled (Whitelist, Trading Cards, DLC, Package), but not "Learning" on games that Steam is still learning about.

Now I see "Learning" on one game on the list of giveaways, but not on others. Steam is still learning about all of these games:
Learning badge present: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/n1Jh1/adventure-of-a-digger
No learning badge: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/FkLkb/wescape
No learning badge: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/m1o8R/the-shadow-of-hell
No learning badge: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/nLIjw/russia-battlegrounds

Could this be some caching problem, since I just enabled the feature, and some of these games showed up in my list before I turned it on?

5 years ago

It appears fine for me. It could indeed be a caching problem, I'll look into it.

5 years ago

Still not appearing?

5 years ago

If must be a caching thing. If I click on the three "No badge" links above, I see the "Learning" badge on WEscape, but not on the other two yet. And it doesn't matter if I do a Ctrl-Shift-R no-cache refresh in Firefox, so it seems to be an ESGST cache (or a TamperMonkey cache), and not the browser cache.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.