UPDATE NOVEMBER 30 2021

It's reported broken. Since a similar functionality has been integrated in ESGST and I'm lacking free time, please use ESGST and consider this script dead. Thanks to anyone who used it for the years it worked :)

UPDATE APRIL 14 2018

Version 0.3.3 has been released. It's available here: Clicky

• bug fixes on both client and server sides
  • please note that it is possible to have totally empty results if everyone in your whitelist have their games data privacy set to private or friends only

Previous update::

• now supporting Steam's new wishlist layout (no API for wishlist games !)
  • removed the 700 max items limit: now even big wishlists are imported

Please let me now if you encounter issues

Update August 27 2017:

A full rewrite of the result page on the server side: nothing to update on your side

=> now using Bootstrap CSS so your eyes should stop bleeding like before
=> page rewritten with Angular framework (you probably don't care if you are not a dev)
=> added function to auto-display (or hide) users name for all games
=> added ITAD links for each game (they are generated on the fly, so it may be a not 100% accurate process)
=> enabled for SG whitelist and for the few groups using this privately
=> new function incoming available: a search function which allows to type part of a game name and get matching games on the fly. The search is made on the server on all games, so you'll be able to find matching game #150 while only displaying top 100 games. If you don't find a game, it means that no one in your whitelist has wishlisted it (or that my search engine is broken !).

I will be very happy to read any feedback on this, including improvement suggestions, and bug reports. Also reports of proper functionning are welcome (feel free to state what browser you are using) !

SG Whitelist Tools

Main purpose: display the wishlist of your whitelist
Also with tools to easily import / export / empty your whitelist and your blacklist

Changelog for the last client-side release update:

• client script has been rewritten for (hopefully) less conflicts with other user scripts
  • the old buttons have been replaced with left menu items, using SG stylesheets
  • quick and dirty script messages and my awful modal popup have been replaced with HTML / CSS integration
  • all syncronous AJAX calls have been replaced by asyncronous ones (Chrome users should see the difference !)
  • import / export / empty functions have been made available for the blacklist management page too
  • using the whitelist wishlist function will now trigger a version check, making easy for users to keep using the future updates

Older changes:

• Now, steam wishlists are cached and refreshed by server on a daily basis. That means that, once a steam user has been used in a whitelist, his wishlist will be available for future use without the need of reading data from steam again.
  • User are kept in the refresh list as long as they are in a whitelist used in the last 30 days.
  • Private profiles are of course ignored like before (wishlists are not public for them)
  • List of user names for each wishlisted game is not displayed by default anymore. Result page is smaller, and this information is still available if you need it, just click on the right of the game picture, where the number of users wanting this game is showed.
  • Added a rank number before the name of each game (games are ranked by the amount of users having them in wishlist, with gaps in number sequence to reflect the "ex aequo")

Any feedback will be welcome, I'll do my best to fix any bug you will find. I have made some testing but I can't garantee that nothing will go wrong. Don't use the script if you can't take the risk :)

Thanks to HiroHiro for the good testing, and to Psycho345 and BarefootMonkey for the few lines of code I borrowed from them ^^ Also thanks to ESGST for the ready-to-use regular expression for ITAD links :)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

server closes before the transaction is complete o.O
tried multiple times. (171 whitelist using firefox)

View attached image.
8 years ago

I tried a few minutes ago and got no problem (Firefox, around 150 entries). Could you try again and tell me if you still encounter this problem ? It can be many things, from a temporary downtime of "my" server to a temporary downtime of Steam mirrors. If you remember what happened, can you tell if the problem came when fetching whislist from a particular user, or at the very beginning of the process, or was totally random ?

8 years ago

IT LIVES!!!!

idk what went booing first time. Problem was around "reading data for 15-17 numbered whitelist member"
it works fine now.
Thank you very much for taking time to write much needed script :)

8 years ago

My pleasure ! Happy to see things are back to normal. This issue was obviously network-related. For curiosity sake, is any of your 15-17 numbered users having a huge wishlist ? Some people add half steam store in it, that leads to big webpage to load.
By the way, I'm thinking about rewriting the whole thing with cached wishlists so it goes faster at the cost of less up-to-date datas. Nothing done yet :)

8 years ago

you were right. 567,364 & 390 wishlisted games in row..

8 years ago

Thank you for this cool script. This is great! :)

8 years ago

Just tried it, works great. Thanks!

8 years ago

Just started using this, thanks OP:)

8 years ago

Installed your script but there's a problem :

Currently It display wishlist games for each user separate from other user !.

for example : user #1 ( pic 1 ) & user #2 ( pic 2 )

PS : same problem with chrome !

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

First time something like that is reported :) Thanks for the feedback, I have to leave home in a few minutes but I will investigate this afternoon. I'll keep you informed here.

8 years ago

Since i have different tastes than my white-list in games so i'm sure this script can help me to know what these friends really want :)
Thank you !

8 years ago

I found where the problem came from and fixed it (minor HTML change on Steam website), it's working fine now (slowly as usual, but fine !). Please let me now if something is still wrong on your side...

8 years ago

Yeah, it's works fine now !
Thank you, m0l0 ! :)

8 years ago

Works like a charm on firefox+greasymonkey.
Thanks to this I now have a worse opinion on my whitelist's taste of games.

8 years ago

Very cool, thanks.

Is there any way to adapt this to very the wishlists for a group? There used to be another script that did it, but it no longer works and I don't think the person is interested any more. There's overlap between my Whitelist and the group, but I'd like to see solid numbers so I know what people want.

8 years ago

You're right, it looks like Mabako's wishlist checker doesn't work anymore (the "who owns a game" part is still working). I thought there was another online script that did the same work, but I can't find it. It may use the same code, anyway...
It would be possible to adapt my thing for group wishlist, yes, I have to think about it and find a little time to do it. I'll drop a line there when / if something is done.

8 years ago

lol, I actually just remembered that SG V2.0 built in this function, although I don't think they ever announced that it went live for anything except the Steamgifts group. Your script still fills a need, though. :)

8 years ago

With the script I can´t remove people from my whitelist, I had to deactive it. Firefox + Grease
don´t panic whitelist, still love you, it´s temporary

8 years ago

I just removed you (don't panic, I put you back in) with no problem at all from your user page, but I have the same bug from the whitelist page. Probably there since the beginning without being noticed :)
Thanks for the report, I'm looking into it.

8 years ago

Mr. superfast, great thank you for checking
Do you have magic abilities for a script that could import and export a whitelist, this would be so great...I now I'm a naiv frog, always dreaming

8 years ago

I was passing by and saw this thread on the top of the discussions list at the good time
I think I have found where the bug come from, but I don't have much time to fix it right now... I'll keep you updated, but you shouldn't expect a superfast fix :)
By the way, no magical import/export fonction planned, but if I'm right it should not be too hard to code. I'll look into it in the next days, so I'll be able to tell if I'm going into doing it or not.

8 years ago

happy day by the way

8 years ago

Thank you ! If I can de-drunk myself in the following hours I may make the required o'day giveaway.
Don't panic, in the opposite, I'll make it in the upcoming days :)

8 years ago

Looks like it's a lucky day for naive frogs :) See first post.

8 years ago

thank you very much, I really appreciate this!

8 years ago

Great script, thanks. :)
Makes it a little easier to decide what to choose for christmas.

8 years ago

Happy cake day and a bump for you

8 years ago

After my ticket event, I could test the new import-export-features
It is.....FANTASTIC
First I cleaned my whitelist to put in my regular one back( from a list that I made before your update).
Two people fell of the list, cause name-change and I can´t find them in the users list.
With your script, backup and import works (of course) even with a different name...and it´is so fast...and convenient.

And for my ticket-events I just have to store and edit the list of ticket-owners in the same format you use (in fact a excel-macro converts my format to yours ;-) )

THANK YOU AGAIN!

8 years ago

Yes, the script uses steam ID instead of SG username to access profiles, so it can handle people who change their nickname. Thanks very much for your kind feedback, it's a real pleasure to see that my little work is appreciated :)
Also, if anyone wants to play with that: the import/export format is simply a single line of text containing SGname/id64;SGname-2/id64-2; and so on.

8 years ago

Thank you! This looks like a really useful script :-)

8 years ago

Thank you very much for the script! It took a while to check my whitelist but it's very helpful / worth the waiting. I can also see myself using the export/import feature somewhere in the future :)

8 years ago

First of all - Thank you. I used this script before and it is very handy.

Unfortunately when I was trying to use it today, it opened the page to display the results but came up with an Error:
Error : database connection failed

Maybe something changed? I'd be very happy if you checked up on this =)

8 years ago

Hello, and thanks for your kind feedback.
I just ran the script, it worked properly at second try, with 237 people in my WL. I guess what you encountered was only a temporary downtime of the database engine (I'm using a cheap hosting plan, which leads to cheap service !). Can you try it again and let me know if it's back to normal on your side ?

8 years ago

Seems to be working again. Thanks a bunch =)

Progress: Reading Steam data for user 2 of 265...

8 years ago

bump for I had no idea I've been using an outdated version for 4 months

8 years ago

After it read all the wishlists, it just kinda stopped... did I miss something or do something wrong?
About 180 users on my whitelist at the moment

EDIT: Ran it a second time and it worked - Strange - Thanks :D

8 years ago*

Thank you for your feedback. If you were at the wishlist reading stage, then it was probably a temporary network congestion. I'm using a cheap hosting plan, I have to upgrade it one of these days :)

8 years ago*

New bug - I have 179 users on WL - When I try to export my WL it only gives me the names of 73 XD

8 years ago

I tried with my 241 people WL and got no problem. What browser are you using ? Does is stop always at 73 ?

8 years ago

Chrome. I tried exporting a few times and for some reason, it borked again same number. Maybe it's someone's username? You can add me on steam if you want :D

8 years ago

Just for grins I tried a third time. 73.
There's gotta be something weird going on.
And it doesn't stop on 73, it gets to D and then skips down to T
Everyone between those is skipped

8 years ago

I know what user it's screwing up on. Let's chat. :)

8 years ago

Any weird characters it bugs out on?

8 years ago

No, it was a matter of size of the export. I made it a lazy way that worked fine in firefox, but not in chrome :)

8 years ago

Thanks for the tool. :)

8 years ago

You're welcome :)
If you are using Chrome, you may want to use this instead: http://autogestct.cluster011.ovh.net/SGWishlist/testing/swwf.user.js
It fixes the problem reported by keohookalani (thanks again for the tests !). I'll make it a real update later, I have to add other fixes for better display.

8 years ago

Still a Firefox user. Is there nothing to worry about there, or just haven't fixed it yet?

Edit, damn sneaky ninja reply up top ;)

8 years ago

Wishlist results returns "This script can be used with SteamGifts only !" page
FF v45.0.1
Greasemonkey 3.7

8 years ago

Interesting. This is only a referer check, do you remember doing something in particular, like copy/pasting URL or something ?

8 years ago

Used directly from WL page.

I have not used it for some time, so I have no recollection what I could have changed in browser settings
"network.http.sendRefererHeader" (and others matching refer mask) have default values

In one retry it shown for a moment "fetching 2/..."

8 years ago

I ran the script on my side just now and got no problem (about 250 people). I'm afraid I will not be able to investigate this deeper this week-end because of IRL things, but I will ASAP. In the meantime, I'd be happy to read from you if the problem still occurs.
The message you saw was something like that, rigfht ?
" Please wait while data is read from Steam servers
Progress: Reading Steam data for user 2 of xxx (SGUserName)"
The 1st user's data is read silently at first request, then the first server-side page is displayed while it starts reading data for user 2, and so on.

I can temporarily remove the referrer check if you want, that will not take me much time. But I cannot guarantee it will not have unwanted side effect :) Just tell me, I'll come back there quickly within 1 or 2 hours.

8 years ago

Take your time, it's understandable you have life outside SG )

That was that message, but only once (after browser restart, when many pages were reopening)

Better don't, it's better when only I have the problem then many others )
I'll try to find a bit of time, dust off my js skills and see what's going on on my side (haven't touched js/browsers for a really looong time)

8 years ago

Ok for that :)
The whole thing is not designed to work outside a session, if you use it by refreshing a few hours old tab, it may be the source of the problem. Can you try it again "from the start", I mean by launching the full process for the whitelist page ? I've added debug information in the referrer check message, if you get the error message again you should see something like:
This script can be used with SteamGifts only !
Debug data :
Where the info, if any, will be displayed between two asterisks.
Now getting to a meal, then to an outside walk under the sun :)

8 years ago

Managed to fix it: there were entries in permissions.sqlite database. Older versions of FF allowed to define what to do with cookies for every domain. Looks like instead of removing it from sources, devs just hid the user interface for it. Long live the lazy man(tm) p

8 years ago

Good news: the issue is fixed, and since there's nothing to do on my side, I can keep being the lazy man all weekend long :)
Thanks for the feedback, happy gifting !

8 years ago

Have a great (reminder) of the weekend :)

Lazy mans are in this case FF devs, but feel free to be one on the weekend )

8 years ago

First, thank you for the awesome tool! =)
And second, if I may ask, are there any news? I'm just so get used to it, that it's really hard to decide which game to give away without it... =<

8 years ago

Thanks for your kind feedback ! It should be back online tomorrow, in about a little less than 24h from now. I'll bump you, so you don't have to check blindly in the meantime :)

8 years ago

Good news for people on your whitelist, less good news for your wallet: it's back :)

8 years ago

Yay! Thank you! =)

8 years ago

Oops, not working for me because of https
Can you adapt it, please? =)

8 years ago

Frak, a new problem ! I'm looking into that right now, will update ASAP.

8 years ago

The script has been updated and it should work properly, please uninstall previous version before getting the new one. I've tested import, export, and wishlist fonctions on Firefox, it seems ok now.

8 years ago

That was fast! Thanks again! =)

8 years ago

I've just installed the new version but I can't get it to work, this is what I get after loading the results : http://puu.sh/ohK5Y/282046e7b5.png

8 years ago

Mmm, that's weird. It worked fine for me yesterday, I'm trying it again - with 263 people, it will take a few minutes. Stay tuned !

8 years ago

Tempete, wishlists are broken in Steam right now

8 years ago

At first sight, it's a global issue on steam side. I get a blank page when displaying my own wishlist page on steam website, there are also users stating it's broken for them too.
It should fix itself for my script when valve fixes the issue. I can take the same screenshot as yours now ^^

8 years ago

Alright thanks, didn't notice the wishlist issue on Steam so I thought it was on my side

8 years ago

It's back :)

8 years ago

Thanks for the update :)

8 years ago

Hosting switch is now ended, things are back to normal. A few tweaks have been done on server side, please let me know if something goes wrong.

7 years ago

Helpful script, thank you. Is there any chance you could get it to work with Extended Steamgifts?

7 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. I don't use this script, is there an incompatibility between this one and mine ?

7 years ago

Yeah, when I have extended steamgifts activated there are no buttons from your script at all on the screen. When I turn it off and reload the page they show up.

7 years ago

Ok, I see. I'll try to have a look at that, but no estimation on delay :) Thanks for the feedback

7 years ago

I made a quick test, but the buttons are correctly displayed on my side, as you can see on the attached pics. You can see my buttons, along with Extended Steamgifts elements and even another script (whitelist/blacklist indicator). Any idea of something else that could be the difference ? particular settings maybe ? What browser are you using ?

View attached image.
7 years ago

I'm using Firefox. No other script has issues with yours but Extended SG so I tried messing around with options and Endless Scrolling is what messes it up. If I turn off Endless Scrolling then I get the buttons, if I turn it on then the buttons don't show up.

You are using endless scrolling from what I can see in your screenshot and it works for you though.

Here is how it looks like with Extended SG but with endless scrolling disabled, and here is how it looks like with Extended SG and endless scrolling enabled.

7 years ago

Thanks for the precise info, you can now upgrade to the latest version (see first post for the link), it should fix the problem. For the record, it was working on my side because of the other addon I'm using. The problem came from the text modification made by ESG in endless scrolling mode (page number x), now it shouldn't interfere. Please tell me if it's ok when you'll have the time to test.

7 years ago

Now it works. That was really quick fix, you're awesome!

7 years ago

Nice ! Since it was a really quick test, I guess we share awesomeness :)

7 years ago

It fetches data from both whitelist and blacklist lately.

7 years ago

I just gave it a try and, on server side it is now "Reading Steam data for user x of 272". I have 272 users in WL (and 24 in BL).
Can you provide more infos ?

• how many people in your WL (and BL)
  • number displayed on server side ("Reading Steam data for user X of Y" => I need value of Y)
  • version of the script (should be 0.2.2 or 0.2.3)
  • browser you use
7 years ago

Yes, same number shows up as whitelist. But after the games listed, I can see all other users beside every game. It's 0.2.3. And I'm using Firefox.

7 years ago

If I get you well, you say that the numbers are correct (= the number oif people in your WL is the number of people used by my script) ? And when it comes to names displayed after each game, you see people from your BL, right ?
Can you launch it again and give me a debug info I need ? On the result page, the TITLE of the page (what is showed in your brower application window top edge) says "My SG Whitelist's Wishlist" with a number between parenthesis. I need this number.

7 years ago

It's zero. (0).

Edit: Oh no, they're not from my blacklist, they're just random guys. And I know most of them, maybe it fetches old ones that are removed later? I don't remember if I added them or not.

7 years ago*

Ok, this is useful info. I have to dig a little bit, but I can tell you that it's related to cookies / session. I'll come back to you ASAP, thanks for the feedback.

7 years ago

After some work, I can confirm it's related to sessions handling, and that this new bug has been introduced with last week host change.
I've set up something that solves the problem in a quick-and-dirty way:

• first time you call the server, everything should be fine
  • when you come back, if the program detects that the bug is occurring, it destroys any session data and displays an error message asking you to try again (it should also be fine after that).
    An alternative way to bypass the problem would be to use an anonymous tab, or delete cookies.

Unless the temporary fix is reported not to work, I don't plan on doing much more work on that because I'm rewriting the whole thing on server side (in order to add wishlist caching and auto update on a daily basis).

7 years ago

But If we use incognito, we will need to sign in every time. But hey, thank you for your effort, waiting for the new thing. <3.

7 years ago

But If we use incognito, we will need to sign in every time.

Absolutely, that's why I modified the code so this should not be necessary :)

7 years ago

Oh yes. I've tried it now and it worked first time. Should work with your way.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.