UPDATE NOVEMBER 30 2021

It's reported broken. Since a similar functionality has been integrated in ESGST and I'm lacking free time, please use ESGST and consider this script dead. Thanks to anyone who used it for the years it worked :)

UPDATE APRIL 14 2018

Version 0.3.3 has been released. It's available here: Clicky

• bug fixes on both client and server sides
  • please note that it is possible to have totally empty results if everyone in your whitelist have their games data privacy set to private or friends only

Previous update::

• now supporting Steam's new wishlist layout (no API for wishlist games !)
  • removed the 700 max items limit: now even big wishlists are imported

Please let me now if you encounter issues

Update August 27 2017:

A full rewrite of the result page on the server side: nothing to update on your side

=> now using Bootstrap CSS so your eyes should stop bleeding like before
=> page rewritten with Angular framework (you probably don't care if you are not a dev)
=> added function to auto-display (or hide) users name for all games
=> added ITAD links for each game (they are generated on the fly, so it may be a not 100% accurate process)
=> enabled for SG whitelist and for the few groups using this privately
=> new function incoming available: a search function which allows to type part of a game name and get matching games on the fly. The search is made on the server on all games, so you'll be able to find matching game #150 while only displaying top 100 games. If you don't find a game, it means that no one in your whitelist has wishlisted it (or that my search engine is broken !).

I will be very happy to read any feedback on this, including improvement suggestions, and bug reports. Also reports of proper functionning are welcome (feel free to state what browser you are using) !

SG Whitelist Tools

Main purpose: display the wishlist of your whitelist
Also with tools to easily import / export / empty your whitelist and your blacklist

Changelog for the last client-side release update:

• client script has been rewritten for (hopefully) less conflicts with other user scripts
  • the old buttons have been replaced with left menu items, using SG stylesheets
  • quick and dirty script messages and my awful modal popup have been replaced with HTML / CSS integration
  • all syncronous AJAX calls have been replaced by asyncronous ones (Chrome users should see the difference !)
  • import / export / empty functions have been made available for the blacklist management page too
  • using the whitelist wishlist function will now trigger a version check, making easy for users to keep using the future updates

Older changes:

• Now, steam wishlists are cached and refreshed by server on a daily basis. That means that, once a steam user has been used in a whitelist, his wishlist will be available for future use without the need of reading data from steam again.
  • User are kept in the refresh list as long as they are in a whitelist used in the last 30 days.
  • Private profiles are of course ignored like before (wishlists are not public for them)
  • List of user names for each wishlisted game is not displayed by default anymore. Result page is smaller, and this information is still available if you need it, just click on the right of the game picture, where the number of users wanting this game is showed.
  • Added a rank number before the name of each game (games are ranked by the amount of users having them in wishlist, with gaps in number sequence to reflect the "ex aequo")

Any feedback will be welcome, I'll do my best to fix any bug you will find. I have made some testing but I can't garantee that nothing will go wrong. Don't use the script if you can't take the risk :)

Thanks to HiroHiro for the good testing, and to Psycho345 and BarefootMonkey for the few lines of code I borrowed from them ^^ Also thanks to ESGST for the ready-to-use regular expression for ITAD links :)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago*

does thi still work? cause i tried it and all i get is

not sure if its due to the new privacy thing or just me.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Hi, and thanks for your feedback. Short answer: new job, much work, no time to monitor it recently :)
I ran a quick test:

• server daily refresh of steam data may be not working fully (I have to check further)
  • live refresh is broken
  • for my part I can see results, but it also can come from old data (I have to check further)

=> Yes, it is broken.

I will be working on it tomorrow and I'll keep you updated

6 years ago*

Can you update to the version I just released; and tell me if it's back to normal with it ?

6 years ago

works again , thanks for the fast fix.

6 years ago

You're welcome, thanks again for the feedback. Don't hesitate to report any new problem !

6 years ago

Add me to whitelist plz!

5 years ago

Script doesn't work anymore atm, not sure if it's fixable now

4 years ago

Thanks for reporting it. I did not use it myself in a while so I was not aware. I'll try to have a look into it tomorrow and keep you updated.

4 years ago

I ran a try this morning and got no issue, can you test again and tell me if it was temporary, or explain the error your are facing ? Thanks in advance

4 years ago

I don't see a single button from the script while it's running. No Whitelist's Wishlist, no nothing. I'll see if any script is conflicting with it and try again.

4 years ago*

I had to manually activate Tampermonkey on my system, for some reason it was turned off. I'm probably the one who turned it off some time ago, but maybe worth checking, just in case.

4 years ago

All good now, some script must have been conflicting with it.
It doesn't show anything when I go to all games, but not sure if thats worth fixing. Search and up to 1000 work though.

4 years ago*

You're right, all games seems to be broken also on my side. It looks weird as the server sends the data, and no change has been made to the client part since years. I'll try to look deeper later. Anyway, happy to see he main functions are working again for you !

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Script stopped working for me about 2 weeks ago but I figured out it was because I had to install the latest version of ESGST as a script because the extension was giving me problems.
So it seems there's an incompatibility between the two scripts. I can use Whitelist Tools if I just turn off ESGST script.

Just in case anyone is running into the same problem, I thought I'd post here.

4 years ago

The script doesn't seem to work anymore, it only updates 5 users and the rest seem to go missing.

2 years ago

Hello, I ran a quick test and got no problem on my side. I've not been monitoring the script since quite some time, to be honest.
If you want me to dig further into this, please extract your whitelist, and add me on Steam to send me the file. I'll give a try, maybe it is something particular with one of your WL members, or a particular game, I don't know.

2 years ago

I've just tested it and sadly I had to agree that it's not working as intended. Here is results from this script and from similar feature of ESGST:

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago

Thanks, I show you below the results I get myself in the attached picture. I ran another test and found that no caching has been done since yesterday, while it should. I don't know what's going on and have no time to fix it now. Since ESGST has now the functionality, I guess I will just let my thing die.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Maybe you will consider opening the source of the server side then? Just in case if somebody will want to continue development?

2 years ago

I thought almost nobody was still using it. If there is a real demand, I can find a few hours to try to fix the problem by the end of december.
Regarding the client side I'm not sure if I still have the source of the Angular page, but I can search. Server side code is some old PHP I wrote years ago, I'm not closed about giving it to someone.

2 years ago

May i ask where you can find this feature in ESGST?

2 years ago

Right... here :)

2 years ago

Thank you <3

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.