UPDATE NOVEMBER 30 2021

It's reported broken. Since a similar functionality has been integrated in ESGST and I'm lacking free time, please use ESGST and consider this script dead. Thanks to anyone who used it for the years it worked :)

UPDATE APRIL 14 2018

Version 0.3.3 has been released. It's available here: Clicky

• bug fixes on both client and server sides
  • please note that it is possible to have totally empty results if everyone in your whitelist have their games data privacy set to private or friends only

Previous update::

• now supporting Steam's new wishlist layout (no API for wishlist games !)
  • removed the 700 max items limit: now even big wishlists are imported

Please let me now if you encounter issues

Update August 27 2017:

A full rewrite of the result page on the server side: nothing to update on your side

=> now using Bootstrap CSS so your eyes should stop bleeding like before
=> page rewritten with Angular framework (you probably don't care if you are not a dev)
=> added function to auto-display (or hide) users name for all games
=> added ITAD links for each game (they are generated on the fly, so it may be a not 100% accurate process)
=> enabled for SG whitelist and for the few groups using this privately
=> new function incoming available: a search function which allows to type part of a game name and get matching games on the fly. The search is made on the server on all games, so you'll be able to find matching game #150 while only displaying top 100 games. If you don't find a game, it means that no one in your whitelist has wishlisted it (or that my search engine is broken !).

I will be very happy to read any feedback on this, including improvement suggestions, and bug reports. Also reports of proper functionning are welcome (feel free to state what browser you are using) !

SG Whitelist Tools

Main purpose: display the wishlist of your whitelist
Also with tools to easily import / export / empty your whitelist and your blacklist

Changelog for the last client-side release update:

• client script has been rewritten for (hopefully) less conflicts with other user scripts
  • the old buttons have been replaced with left menu items, using SG stylesheets
  • quick and dirty script messages and my awful modal popup have been replaced with HTML / CSS integration
  • all syncronous AJAX calls have been replaced by asyncronous ones (Chrome users should see the difference !)
  • import / export / empty functions have been made available for the blacklist management page too
  • using the whitelist wishlist function will now trigger a version check, making easy for users to keep using the future updates

Older changes:

• Now, steam wishlists are cached and refreshed by server on a daily basis. That means that, once a steam user has been used in a whitelist, his wishlist will be available for future use without the need of reading data from steam again.
  • User are kept in the refresh list as long as they are in a whitelist used in the last 30 days.
  • Private profiles are of course ignored like before (wishlists are not public for them)
  • List of user names for each wishlisted game is not displayed by default anymore. Result page is smaller, and this information is still available if you need it, just click on the right of the game picture, where the number of users wanting this game is showed.
  • Added a rank number before the name of each game (games are ranked by the amount of users having them in wishlist, with gaps in number sequence to reflect the "ex aequo")

Any feedback will be welcome, I'll do my best to fix any bug you will find. I have made some testing but I can't garantee that nothing will go wrong. Don't use the script if you can't take the risk :)

Thanks to HiroHiro for the good testing, and to Psycho345 and BarefootMonkey for the few lines of code I borrowed from them ^^ Also thanks to ESGST for the ready-to-use regular expression for ITAD links :)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Thanks for the nice tools! It was not surprising to learn the most wishlisted games were expensive and not on sale or not released yet :P

7 years ago

Thanks for the great tool-- just used it for the first time. :)
Tiny bug report: the window (or tab) opened by the "Wishlist for whitelist" button is titled Whishlist for whitelist.
Thanks again!

7 years ago

Ho, thanks for the info, never noticed that :) I'll fix it soon, it's server side. Happy gaming !

7 years ago

It's possible that it's only the temporary title while it's processing. Just search the code for "whishlist." :-P

7 years ago

Bump for update, please post there in case of weird result, it can always occur with upgrades :)

7 years ago

<3.

7 years ago

This script is pretty good!
I tested the tampermonkey version on Opera and works well, no issues here.

Also thanks Mullins again for recommend me this.

7 years ago

Sorry to necro a thread, but I had to drop my thanks as I'm just now trying this out. It works great!

7 years ago

is the site offline?

7 years ago

No, it's working fine, I just tested it. The problem you encountered was surely temporary :)

7 years ago

ok, i had 2 versions installed -.-

7 years ago

Bump for a really helpful script. Thank you.

7 years ago

Using the latest version of Chrome (53.0.2785.143.m) and Tampermonkey (4.1.10), I click "Fetch wishlist from whitelist" and after a few seconds, the button text changes to "Result window opened", but nothing has opened up and I'm getting no notifications of any blocked popups or similar.

In Chrome's console I'm seeing warnings about the form going to an insecure URL, but going into your script and changing the action on line 251 to the HTTPS version of your site hasn't fixed it sadly. I also have uBlock Origin installed, but disabling its popup blocker hasn't fixed it either.

7 years ago

Thanks for your precise feedback. I can't check it right now, but I'll come back to you soon.

7 years ago

Hi Kelnage, I'm afraid I'm unable to get this issue on my computer (Linux, Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit), Tampermonkey 4.1.10), it's working fine here. My Chrome setup is quite standard, only installed TamperMonkey, my script, and Steam Inventory Helper which has no reason to interfere.
Could you have tweaked your Chrome installation, so it uses more restrictive security options (like forbidding posting data from a script in a page to another webserver, for example) ?

7 years ago

Thanks for looking into it. I ended up switching off my extensions one at a time until it worked, and it seems it was uBlock Origin causing the issue. Disabling it completely fixed it. Thanks for your help though.

7 years ago

Happy to see you found a workaround. I use Firefox and uBlock Origin too with no trouble, but I'll try that on Chrome, thanks for the clue :)

7 years ago

I'm getting

error: expected identifire, string or number
code: 800a0404
source: microsoft Jscript complilation error

7 years ago

Please tell me:

• what browser your are using, and which version number
  • what script engine (Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey, etc.) you are using, and which version number
7 years ago

That is the error i get on chrome (how do i check version number?)

on fire fox the script appears just as text on the webpage like this:

// ==UserScript==
// @name SteamGifts Whitelist Tools
// @namespace http://www.autogestion.net/SGWishlist/swwf.user.js
// @grant GM_addStyle
// @version 0.2.3
// @description Displays top wishlisted games for users from your whitelist and adds backup/restore/empty functions
// @author m0l0
// @require https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js
// @match https://www.steamgifts.com/account/manage/whitelist
// @downloadURL http://www.autogestion.net/SGWishlist/swwf.user.js
// ==/UserScript==

var tmpList = "";

$(window).load(function(){
var bFound = 0;
var i=0;
var refTarget;
while(bFound==0) {
refTarget = document.getElementsByClassName('pageheadingbreadcrumbs')[i];
if (refTarget.innerHTML.indexOf('<a href="/account">Account</a><i class="fa fa-angle-right"></i><a href="/account/manage/whitelist">Whitelist</a>')==0) {
bFound = 1;
} else i++;
};
(ETC)

7 years ago

I guess you are missing Tampermonkey. Did you install it ? If not, go there: https://tampermonkey.net/

7 years ago

i tried un-installing and re-installing tamper monkey on fire fox and i think it is working now

7 years ago

is working and made a whitelist giveaway for the most wishlisted game ;)

7 years ago

Good news ! Happy gifting :)

7 years ago

Is this script dead? I and a friend installed it and we both get something like that on the result page:

INSERT INTO steamwishlists (steamsqlid,gameid) VALUES(0,605)

I am using Firefox ver. 49.0.2 and Tampermonkey with auto-updater enabled (so should be up to date). I have 235 whitelisted users, if it matters.

7 years ago

Is this script dead?

No

I and a friend installed it and we both get something like that on the result page:

Same thing here, it's obviously for everyone. For your information, it's happening on the server side, so once I'll have fixed it, it will be fixed for everyone.

Thanks for reporting this new problem as of today, I'll dig into it and fix it ASAP. Should be done within a day, it's probably some HTML change somewhere on Steam that needs to be dealt with. I'll update here when it's done.

7 years ago

Awesome, thanks.

7 years ago

It's back. Still a little bit slow this morning, but it's working.
For the record, I changed nothing, it was a problem at the server level, the hosting company fixed it.

7 years ago

Is there any way to load wishlists bigger than 700?

7 years ago

Currently, no, sorry. The limit is at the wishlist-reading level: if more than 700 items, user's WL is simply skipped (not read in detail, not stored in database). I set up this limit because I wanted to reduce the load on the server, but it also seems to me that such a big amount of wishlisted games doesn't mean much.
By the way, you're the first one to give some feedback about that, congrats :)

7 years ago

Lol

Thanks anyway, SG WL Tools helped me a lot ^^

7 years ago

Using Chrome/Tampermonkey, and the whitelist buttons have stopped appearing for me. I tried disabling all other userscripts and uBlock Origin, but the buttons still aren't showing up.

When SG Whitelist Tools is enabled, I get this error in the Chrome Console:

VM4684:30 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'innerHTML' of undefined
    at Window.eval (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:30:22)
    at Window.dispatch (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:7:6444)
    at r.handle (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:7:3219)
    at <anonymous>:2:297
    at b (<anonymous>:2:142)
    at F (eval at exec_fn (:1:108), <anonymous>:46:26)

Any idea what's going on?

7 years ago*

That's the first time this is reported, so I'm a little bit clueless right now. The last update on my side is quite old, I've just ran a test on my chromium / tampermonkey thing and it's still working fine for me. My first guess would be something wrong on your side, but this is only a guess. I'll try to dig a bit further asap - but with family this weekend it will surely be next week now...

7 years ago

OK, thanks. No rush.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago

No. Also, Whitelist Tools is working again. Not sure what the problem was.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I'm not sure either :) If it happens again, please drop me a line here or in Steam chat. By the way you may be interested in knowing that a new rewritten version of the script is on its way, with side menu items as entry points.

7 years ago

Keep up the good work! :)

7 years ago

Thank you ! Please have a birthday cookie :)

View attached image.
7 years ago

Yum :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

Hi, and thanks for the precise feedback. Sorry that it doesn't work well for you, did you try what Yunie mentionned as a solution there ? It looks like changing order of the scripts in Tampermonkey can solve the problem (mine first, then SG++). Please tell me if it solves the problem :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Then maybe it's something new on SG++ side which creates a new interaction with my script. I have to test that on my side, I'll come back to you.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Just to let you know: my own test didn't let me reproduce the problem. However, with more and more scripts adding endless scrolling and others things, I think it's time to rewrite the whole thing as I've been willing to for a long time :) I've started the work, it's already functionnal here with left menu items instead of breadcrumb items. I have yet to make a decent "popup" thing instead of my old, ugly one, and make the Ajax calls asynchronous/recursive so it can display progress with Chrome (synchronous Ajax is not handled well by it). I hope it will fix the problem for you, expect an update by next week (or sooner if I can).

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Job done ! See main post for the links. Now I'm preparing myself for all these bug reports :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Bit of a shameless plug, but you might want to take a look at the SerialRequestsQueue for JS that I made if you want or need for some reason synchronous requests. You should never make actual synchronous requests, since it completely freezes the browser until they are completed, but you probably know that already.

Thanks for the advices, very much appreciated. The first version of the script has been developped on Firefox: it handles sync ajax in a way which is totally ok for the script purpose (not freezing other tabs, script can still display and update information while working), so I went the easy way... Still, I agree, sync calls should be avoided.
I'm not sure if I'll go for SRQ, I planned on using jquery built-in ajax calls with page-level js variables to control the calls. Anyway I'll throw an eye on it :) Thanks for the tip !

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Last week I wanted to use my WL to add additional people in case I don't get 5 entries in a group GA and so I created a backup of my WL using this script and then cleared my WL. The backup part worked as usual but when I wanted to clear my WL using the Empty Whitelist button it looked as if the script was working and it went through the names claiming they were removed but afterwards my WL still had ~ 250 people on it like before. I didn't think it was a big deal and manually removed everybody.

Today I wanted to import back my WL and I noticed all buttons of the script are gone (as I noticed later they are only gone on the WL but [most of the time] still there on the BL). I'm using Chrome and a few other userscripts so I thought there might be some conflict between them and first tried disabling all other scripts which didn't help. I once managed to make the buttons appear on the WL but couldn't reproduce it. I've tried moving the script to the fist place in the Tampermonkey Dashbord as you suggested but that didn't help neither. It might be worth mentioning that contrary to most people reporting similar issues recently I'm not using SG++ but have switched to rhSGST.

So since I normally use SteamGifts on Chrome my next thought was it might be a good idea to give it a try on Firefox without any other scripts interfering and indeed on Firefox the buttons are back but sadly I'm facing the same problem like when trying to clean my WL with the script: When I enter the backup of my WL the script goes through a list of names, claiming they were added but afterwards my Whitelist is still empty except a single user which was not part of my WL to begin with. I thought 250 users might be too much for the script to process in one go so I tried adding them back in portions but that didn't change anything.

7 years ago*

Sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit busy these days. I've made some tests this morning and I think I found what's about: somethings has changed on SG side (the URL to use as a universal gate to a user profile, with Steam numeric ID). I updated the script and it's now working fine from there. Can you please try the latest version (see OP) and tell me if it also fixes the problem on your side ?
Also, just in case, please note that there's the script now uses left menu items instead of the top buttons, which have been removed since the february update.
And many thanks for the feedback :)

7 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit busy these days.

Don't worry. I assumed so ;) With your recent changes on the script I've been able to place the issue better and apparently the menu not appearing on Chrome and the script not adding / removing user from the WL are 2 seperate issues.

The good news is that the change you have made related to Steam numeric ID seems to have worked and the script is now working as intended for me on Firefox. Import Whitelist & Empty Whitelist now actually add and remove users and Export Whitelist already worked to begin with.

Bad news is that the issue with the menu only very randomly appearing on Chrome still exists but since I mostly use the Export / Import Whitelist function of the script being able to use it on Firefox is a perfectly fine workaround for me :)

But since you're probably still curious about the Chrome thing here are my continued notes on that:
On Chrome I first disabled all other scripts and then deleted my old version of Whitelist wishlist in Tampermonkey and installed the latest version. The issue remains pretty much unchanged. The first time I loaded my Whitelist page the menu was there but as soon as I changed to the Blacklist and back to WL to see if the menu now consistently stays there it was gone again (on both BL & WL).

But as I said as long as I can use the scipt on Firefox to empty my WL for occasional special GAs that works fine for me. Thanks for the help :D

7 years ago*

Thanks for the detailed info. Happy to see the import/export thing is fixed, I'll dig further into this Chrome problem but I'm afraid I won't have time for that before a day or two. Of course I'll keep you updated !

7 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, I may have found a workaround but I'll try it after the upcoming server switch. I may add you in the meantime to test that on your side, if you don't mind :)

7 years ago

Yeah, sure :D

7 years ago

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'trim' of undefined

7 years ago

What version of the script are you using, is it the last one ? is this happening every time or randomly ? what browser are you using ?
Please note that I won't have time to dig into that before a day or two.

7 years ago

0.3.1 / Opera Next 43.0.2442.1144 (PGO) (Chrome/56.0.2924.87) / Tampermonkey 4.2.7

Work after reinstallation script.

7 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'm confident it was a temporary thing (unexpected response / timeout from the server), but if it happens again just tell me and I'll dig further into this. On a side note, I'm happy to see it's working (quite) fine on Opera :)

7 years ago

Bump for awareness

7 years ago

Server switch ended, all is back to normal. Hopefully :)

7 years ago

I recently did another GA using my WL as a (in the end unnecessary) safety net in case it doesn't get 5 entries so this deserves another Bump.

View attached image.
7 years ago

I just imported my Whitelist again after exporting it the other day and I noticed something strange. When I exported my WL I had 267 people on it but now after importing it again I seem to have lost 5 entries.
No idea if my WL is just too big to process or if it maybe has to do with username changes or what else happened. As you might remember from troubleshooting the last time with me I'm not a particularly technical person but I thought I'd still mention it ;)

6 years ago*

Thanks for the information :) Did you keep a copy of the export file ? I'd need it to do some tests and find what happened.

6 years ago

Yes, I did. I always save it as two version Notepad and Word because I worry Word might mess with the formating and break it.

6 years ago*

Thank you, I copied it, you can edit your post and remove the datas.
I'll come back to you when I'll have the time to dig into this (should be within a day or 2).

6 years ago

Oops, I just had a quick look and there are only 262 names in it, so if there's an error in my script then it is located in the export system. By any chance, do you have an idea who are the missing 5 ?

6 years ago

That's slightly embarrassing. Sadly I don't and now that you made me aware of this I'm not even 100% sure there is somebody missing anymore. I didn't notice "it" because somebody that should be on my WL wasn't but rather because I labeled both files Whitelist 267 and I normally use Ctrg + A & Ctrg + C to copy the names so that shouldn't be the problem neither. Maybe I just had a brainfart and read 2 as a 7 although that would be strange because I'm normally rather pedantic and always have to double check stuff like that. I just tried importing it again, this time from the Word file and again it were 262 entries. I'll export + import my current WL again just to be sure but for now let's assume it was some weird mistake by me.

Sorry for wasting your time :( I hope you didn't have to count them manually because to be honest I was too lazy to do that myself before posting.

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Thanks for the info ! And never mind, I prefer to throw an eye on something that works, rather than ignoring an ongoing bug :)
Anyway, if you see something weird again in my script, you are welcome to tell me about it.
I didn't count, I asked my text editor to do the job for me because I'm a lazy guy ^^

6 years ago

Thanks for looking into it eventhough it turned out to be nothing :)

6 years ago

I tried again and I could not reproduce the problem. 264 entries exported, 264 entries sucessfully imported so it must have been my mistake. Again, Sorry for wasting your time ;)

6 years ago

Bump!

6 years ago

i've installed and nothing appears when i go to my whitelist?

6 years ago

Then something is going wrong :)
Are you using many other userscripts ? If yes, can you try to disable them all temporarily, to see if the problem comes from that ?
If this check gives nothing, can you tell me what browser you are using (name and version) and what script engine (also name and version) ?

6 years ago

huh it randomly fixed

6 years ago

Not really, I sacrified a virgin to make it happen remotely. Hard work, you know.

6 years ago

you should really write a tutorial for that

6 years ago

There is already a reference manual !

View attached image.
6 years ago

Bump for awareness (and feedback request !)

6 years ago

A server upgrade has been done today, everything should be back online now. Let me know if you encounter any issue !

6 years ago

waiting for this... trying now!
thanks a ton for your work, m0I0

6 years ago

My pleasure, thanks for using this !
I've rebooted the server a few times in the last hour (for unrelated issues), in case you encountered weird results it should be ok now.

6 years ago

got so neat results, m0l0

Chapeau!

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.