Why is there a cap anyways? I capped out yesterday when I should have really gone to like 370 or higher.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Because then you can rule over every giveaway and have an unfair advantage

1 decade ago

Still have to get the P and only one entrance per item with a 1 in 1000 chance most of the time.

1 decade ago

lol is so someone cant go away on holiday then come back to 100000000 points and then enter every single giveaway

1 decade ago

This^ Or if you have an alt account on Steamgifts then thatd be ridiculous too

1 decade ago

Why is there a cap, indeed? I am rather in need of a good pair of shoes.

1 decade ago

Without a cap, i'll actually have 2000 points to enter all those group and private giveaways and collect games instead of playing them.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 decade ago

you mean 20,000

1 decade ago

With cap you also can do it.
What's the problem? Just enter all those group and private giveaways.

1 decade ago

May be because of the cap he hasn't got enough points? ;)

1 decade ago

Without cap he also will not have enough points, because every new giveaway will give him only 5% point, not 100%
Whats the problem? Just don't wait till cup and spent all points.

1 decade ago

Not really, as his points increase is based on the public giveaways, if I understand the system of this web-site correctly. But I think rather what he means is, if he could scoop e.g. 10000 points, after that he could enter each and every group and private giveaway for e.g. 2 weeks and thus win a lot of games. :)

1 decade ago

points quantity doesn't give you more chances. you will enter 1000 giveaways, but in everyone you have 1/1000 chance to win. So you will win 1 gift from 1000 attempts.
doesn't matter enter you all giveaway simultaneously or enter from time to time.

1 decade ago

Of course, you could enter all giveaways and win nothing at all. :) There is always a chance. I thought may be he meant that if he doesn't enter anything first (and thus win nothing) than he could win some games over a short time span by entering many giveaways. May be he meant something else. :) May be he wanted to say he gives away so much his points would skyrocket, if there would have been no cap.

1 decade ago

If you reach the cap it means you're not entering enough giveaways, and therefore don't deserve to win giveaways. It would have been much better to simply remove all the points of anyone who gets to 300.

1 decade ago

Yeah but what if someone is away? I think daily income of a member here is around 30P, so if you're gone for 10 days you could be over the limit. You are not saying someone on a trip has to suspend his account, are you?

1 decade ago

Suspend? Of course not. But if you don't enter giveaways while on a trip you obviously don't care enough about entering giveaways, and even worse, you might not be playing games. Therefore you will be perfectly happy (it will be mandatory to be happy) when all your points are deleted.

1 decade ago

I guess you are either joking or trolling.

1 decade ago

Half joking, as usual. That is, I'm severely exaggerating, but I believe in the underlying concept: people who are regularly at the cap are unlikely to ever run out of points, and therefore don't need a higher cap.

1 decade ago

i don't think you deserve to win anything. would be better to simply remove yourself and all your points for this stupid post.

1 decade ago

people have 300 pts because they only enter giveaways of games they really want to play you big gigantic derp

1 decade ago

Obviously such people have 300 points because the games they want just don't appear on Steam Gifts. Therefore there's no point in them having points in the first place.

1 decade ago

Its no point to join a giveaway for a game you win and wont play anyway, please sweep yourself up and walk away with the dignity you still have left

1 decade ago

I'm sorry, could you explain that word that you used there? I mean 'dignity'.

1 decade ago

Your cap gets raised after you gift out $1000 worth of games. Good luck.

1 decade ago

Oh boy! Better do more giveaways.

1 decade ago

the cap is too high still imo, i can comfortably enter everything if i wish to

1 decade ago

Caps worth 300 pence are important to prevent the spilling of fluids from a container. If one were to over fill a container such as a bucket or a bottle it would be messy and difficult to maintain. You would need bounty to clean the mess. Caps just even things out and maintain balance by preventing the act of hoarding.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by RedInferno.