I have created a Steam group for the owners of the best emoticon on Steam, the Pig in a Blanket (:lunar2019piginablanket:). I'll be doing some giveaways later on, and sometimes I'll let you pick your own game as a reward.

UPDATE: You can now join if you have one of the two Pig in a Blanket stickers!

The link is: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/piabo

If you want to join, well, it's amazing! You'll just have to comment the emoticon on the comments section in my profile and I'll add you asap.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump! We're 1000+!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

4 years ago

Handsome <3

4 years ago

i usually don't care much if a group reaches such milestone, not this time, not for yours: congrats again on the simple idea!

4 years ago

Nice. Thanks!

4 years ago

The EDIT is priceless :) It seems, I forgot to click that green Apply button a week ago... :D

4 years ago

So, may I ask what is interesting about this emoticon?

4 years ago

It's a pig in a blanket.

4 years ago

Ooooooo, I don't know how I didn't see that, that you kind stranger.

4 years ago

I actually never noticed it was a pig. My life has changed!

4 years ago

Bump!

4 years ago

bump!

4 years ago

Pig in a Racing Blanket:

View attached image.
4 years ago

Whoa. Cool.

4 years ago

Its on the Steam Grand Prix page under the Thanks for Playing section!

4 years ago

i would like to join thy
BUMP!

4 years ago

Bump! :)

4 years ago

OINK! (hides under the blanket) :P

4 years ago

Bump ^^

View attached image.
4 years ago

Friend, I created a group inspired by yours. You don't get mad at it, right?

4 years ago

Add me :)

4 years ago

Giveaway right now on the group :D

4 years ago

Okay this is Epic

4 years ago

"You're epic! You're all epic!"

4 years ago

Bump!

4 years ago

...and then you will delete group and you will have like 5k pig emojis posted on your profile for no apparent reason... master plan!

4 years ago

Not planning on doing that, no :D

4 years ago

You know what ... I have all the pig emoticons of this Steam event, except this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 years ago

I wish to join your ranks)

4 years ago

All you have to do is request to join group on steam, then post a comment on BlanketPiggy's steam profile with the piginablanket emote (or even, my profile) and you're in. Only requirement is owning the emoticon. XD

4 years ago*

What a nice group, how silly of me to only notice it now :D

4 years ago

i want join please

4 years ago

can i join

4 years ago

Applied :3

4 years ago

Giveaway!

4 years ago

It's a good one too! Thanks for the chance at it :)

4 years ago

Giveaway ongoing: forager (x5)
Last GA for Forager was created 2 months ago and only a giveaway for 1775: Rebellion seems to be running in the group. Or am I missing something?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Ah, okay. So few groups make good use of announcements that I'm really not used to checking those unless in those groups-with-rules. Thanks!
(in my understanding, 1 on discord, 4 between commenters. Though that is weird, considering this is a group from SG, so SG would be easy and logical and would include everyone, with a true RNG)

4 years ago

Yeah sadly it happens a lot, lure people in with some steamgifts here and then stop and doing it in steam group announcements.
Op made his last giveaway for this group 7 months ago, think he abandoned using his group to still gift stuff here.

4 years ago

Sorry, didn't specify where.
Yes, bigger giveaways are made on our group, smaller ones on SG. It would be dumb to put all the giveaways here, the group would die immediately...

4 years ago

Why? If you still put a giveaway here only for this group then people still need to be in the group, regardless it's still been 7 months ago since your last group giveaway here.

4 years ago

Because not every single member comes from SG, so I'd rather host bigger giveaways on the group.

4 years ago

Posting pig emoticons to enter an untrustworthy raffle... not sure if that is better than "dying" of a group that has all the coherence of members sharing an emoticon :P
Though this make me wonder, why group recruitment for a group that has nothing to do with SG and actively circumvents its use for giveaways?

4 years ago

Untrustworthy? Please elaborate.
I don't understand why that matters if there's a group that has been created for fun, for those who own a funny emoticon.
We still do giveaways on SG, but as I said, big giveaways are made as an announcement on the group.

4 years ago

Untrustworthy? Please elaborate.

Anyone can claim whatever they want about what winner the RNG picked. SG is a third party sode that announces the winner at the same time to the winner, and to the GA creator. With random.org or such nothing stops one from rerolling X amount of times, or just lie. Learned my lessons from random raffle groups, not something I want to support.

4 years ago

You're free to not support this way of doing things, maybe I should find another way, with gleam.io or something, but I don't have any reasons to rig it.
I RNG the number of the page, from 1 to, let's say, 50, then a number between 1 and 12 (the number of comments on that page), and the result is the first winner. Yeah, it might sound like it's the worst way to do it, but I can guarantee you that the winners from our former giveaways were picked 100% randomly. You can take my word for it or not, either way I'm still going to do giveaways. Plus, if I really wanted to rig it so a friend wins it, why wouldn't I just PM them and send them the game, without faking a giveaway?

4 years ago

The group's just a bit of fun and anyone can join so long as they own the emote (so all can enter mentioned GA). It started off as a gag among SG members and it has been gaining traction on Steam itself. I think that's kinda cool if I'm honest.

The members do giveaway games here and post the links inside the Steam group, which, in turn, promotes SG to those non-SG people. Why should he not do a few extra GAs outside as well? As I said to him on discord, maybe don't mention extra GAs on the SG thread, makes things simpler and people won't get mad.

4 years ago*

Literally every single group's members can make giveaways here, that is not special or base for any claim. Also the group owner who hasn't made a giveaway for the site in month openly claimed that a giveaway here would kill the group and won't do it? Which would be still kind of fine if mods wouldn't have stepped up against all kinds of groups (including curators) that only used the site to gain members but didn't contribute to the site. Which is also in the new rules that will be up and active just in a few days.
This group literally could be any raffle group that advertises external giveaways and raffles, as far as rules go.

4 years ago

Of course we contribute to the site. As Shannon said above, we have a thread on our group where people post their SG giveaways, and a channel on Discord made exclusively for that purpose.
So, if someone posts a group here, they're not allowed to have any kind of giveaway on their group or Discord?

4 years ago

Having a topic does nothing because you know, you don't need a topic for actually posting SG giveaways :) also if that would be enough, every single trading and raffle group would be allowed to advertise on SG if they make a giveaways topic and just let members be active (or not).
And as I said already two times, the icky thing is the group owner openly frowning on posting to the page they use to advertise their group to.
But it's up to the mods how they will decide after the new guidelines go up.

Promoting your Steam group can only be done in the "Group Recruitment" category. One of the primary components of your group needs to be SteamGifts, or gifting using our platform.

It's really up to you what you do with the group in the future. Remembering this part and of the guidelines and " It would be dumb to put all the giveaways here, the group would die immediately..." made me qestion things a bit, then seeing posting nothing for six months with constant group-raffles (then a panic-GA now) didn't help much either.

edit: to be clear: it's more of a warning to check on your group than anything. The list for the upcoming changes is stickied for two months, leaving a lot of time to re-plan in case of the group won't make the cut.

4 years ago*

Yeah, I get what you're saying.

But in his defense, he's actually not gaining ad revenue or any of that crap since it's literally just a steam group and discord chatroom with pig puns and silliness. Heh, not too much unlike the "unoffiicial SG discord" except Piggies isn't as active. (Heck, my own Discord with a grand total of around 60 members including offline is often more active. So that will tell you.)

I know his intentions weren't bad. He just wanted to reward the people who actually come around and chat every so often and keep the discord active. And there probably are better ways of doing it. Whether it's private SG giveaways, or whatever the case may be. Just thinking up things on the spot.

EDIT: Oh I noticed some of them in the steam group itself. I wasn't paying full attention. Then maybe half of them should have went directly on here for the SG members of the group, so people who are not SG members would have to sign up to enter if they want extra chances.

Anyway, I dunno, and I'm not sure exactly what to advise him here. lol.

4 years ago*

Love the Halloween group avatar :D A great addition to the ownership of the PiaB ^^

Requested to join!

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thank you, and welcome! :D

4 years ago

I made an apply :8)

4 years ago

Accepted, welcome! :D

4 years ago