(25.11-15.12) Join the dungeon-crawling Giveaway Adventure in Steam Dungeons! [70+ GAs]

Hello Steamgifters! It is that time again - adventure time! Join an exciting adventure with a large amount of treasures!

All of us like playing games, and all of us like winning games. So, how about playing a game and winning games while playing?

• Introduction

Game of sWords is a text RPG Adventure where you can explore dungeons, upgrade your hero, find useful items, weapons and artifacts, avoid deadly traps, fight dangerous monsters and interact with other players while searching for treasures (private SteamGifts giveaways links) on your way and trying to complete a quest to get access to a huge amount of private giveaways! Each quest has a limited number of winners split between 3 available classes - Barbarian, Wizard and Thief, so the chances in each giveaway will always be great.

All giveaways have no restrictions, so anyone who finds them can join them!

A lot of giveaways have been contributed by the community members, and I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who made a contribution! :)

Here is the topic of the previous quest.

Here is the topic of Game of sWords v3.

Here is the topic of the second Game of sWords.

And here is the topic of the first one, which started back in November last year.

• Important notes about the Game

Your hero has Energy Points and Health Points.
Most of the actions require Energy Points. Energy can be replenished using items which you can find everywhere, thus it is important to check everything around you!

Energy also replenishes over time and that time can be reduced with special artifacts that can be found during the adventure.
Note, that the Energy won't be replenishing during the battles (you can only restore it with potions)!

If you lose all your Health Points, you will also lose all the Energy you had plus you will have to wait for a few hours to be resurrected. Energy can not be replenished while you are dead!

Note: If you have problems navigating through the map, you can switch to Simplified Navigation at the bottom right corner.

I highly recommend to visit sWords Library that has a lot of other useful information that will help you in the adventure

• What's new in Game of sWords?

Lots of changes have been made since the previous quest to make the game more enjoyable! You can see the list of main changes here.

• Commands you can use in chat:

You can trade with other adventurers through the Chat using following command: /trade *amount* *item(s) you have* for *amount* *item(s) you want*

E.g.
/trade 5 small healing potions for 3 small energy potions
/trade 5 acceleration scrolls for 100 coins

You can drop items/scrolls/coins/arrows using following command: /drop *amount* *item(s) you have*

You can give items/scrolls/coins/arrows to other adventurer using following command: /give *id* *amount* *item(s) you have*

Note: The Game engine is not properly supported by Internet Explorer (you will encounter all kinds of nasty bugs there) and it is recommended to use one of the following browsers: Chrome (perfect), Opera (perfect) or Firefox (great, but the game works a tiny bit slower and sounds sometimes mess up a little).

Current Winners limits: Barbarians:25, Mages:25, Thieves:25.

Winners get access to all giveaways available in the Game! (70+)

Everyone who finishes the Game after the limit is reached (while it is still runnning) gets 1 random treasure as a consolation prize!

All giveaways end in about a week! The Game will last for a week.

• Time to start the Adventure!

EVERYONE is invited to play the Game and search for treasures in the adventure! :)

The only requirement is that your Steam account should be more than 90 days old.

Join the official group

and

Start playing now!

Leaderboard

Want to suggest an idea to help me improve the game? Post it here! People can upvote or downvote it, and it will help me see what people do and do not want to be implemented. Thank you!

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I don't know if I should have read more carefully, but...
What word am I supposed to remember? The guy does not mention anything. Is it hidden in the message?
I hope it's fine to post this here!

7 years ago

It's a secret word that leads to the secret room, I suppose very few people will figure it out, but that's the point ;)

7 years ago

Thanks, at least I don't have to worry about having missed something in the conversation. Lucky those who can figure it out! And btw, thanks once again for organizing all this. It gets better every time :)

7 years ago

Thank you for playing, Palin! I'm glad you enjoy it :)

7 years ago

So is it just a room with bonus items for the dungeon like some of the other rooms? I was afraid I missed something special :)

7 years ago

Guess I'll search for it before completing the quest. :P
Don't have heart yet.

7 years ago

It's pretty much a room with a bunch of chests, didn't find anything special there.

7 years ago

Oh, congrats on finding out. You have my respect. ;)

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I like that picture! :)

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Done. Much less stress than the first Dungeon heart, maybe even a bit too easy. Thank god i didn't have to grind at all, even though i didn't get a ranged weapon till the very end i still managed to get through with melee/staff. Essential loot should be in more obvious locations than just in a random wall imo, i wasted A LOT of time and steps till i found that i missed that one wall when i was confused. Also quite a spike down in kills compared to the first quest, i couldn't find a single player that i can use the "heart-ripping" ability and i tried to use it constantly just to see what it does, nope.

7 years ago

They need to be at least lvl 4 to be able to use the skill.

7 years ago

I literally clicked it on every square i saw someone else on, guess you all are just a heartless folk :(
Tried it on you too btw.

7 years ago

Might need to be online as well, since mine hasn't been stolen (yet).

7 years ago

Congrats on completing the quest, Ev!
Essential loot (quest items) are always located at specific locations.
I have looked through the list of players and found 4 guys with a soul, heart or scalp missing :)
I guess I might increase the effect of the third ability as it can now be used quite rarely.

7 years ago

What i meant is this key was just in a wall, usually these items are quest rewards or special monster/chest drops, not just laying around like a trash loot -_-

7 years ago

I keep forgetting to say, please PLEASE make the last turn stay in log when you run out of energy, the only thing it is able to write is "You..." and then reset to the resting message. Sometimes i miss important stuff cause of this, even managed to die to poison once cause i didn't see it trigger.

7 years ago

I guess you played first quest before rule "heart/soul/scalp can be stolen from the player only once" was introduced.
I managed to unlock third ability in first quest, when rule was already there.
So, I tried to use it on everyone - 0 successful attempts till the end of quest (just like you described).

7 years ago

Yeah, i had like 11 souls by the end.

7 years ago

Aaaaand now I'm stuck at that damn turtle.

7 years ago

You're the lucky one to get all the resurrections :P
Last time i didn't get a single resurrection for the whole dungeon, this time one Biter dared to resurrect.

7 years ago

I have 0 clues what to do.

7 years ago

Kill... it...?

7 years ago

I have, dozens of times, won't stay dead.

7 years ago

Well i gave you a clue :P
Died right away for me.

7 years ago

Well clearly I didn't get it :P.

EDIT: Finally killed it, didn't do anything extra, just kept killing it until it stayed dead, no idea why some of you had such an easy time and I just had to go at it so many times.

7 years ago*

Seriously, this dude resurrected 15 times on me (i started counting after 6th resurrection :|). I will fail this quest with luck like that ;_;

7 years ago

Did you figure it out? Because I sure haven't.

7 years ago

Of course not. I'm dead. And if I'm not dead I'm bleeding and being poisoned because someone resurrected me and I can't do shit about it, because I don't find anything useful. So I'm not really playing - rather waiting for miracle.

7 years ago

Mission completed, thank you very much for awesome quest!

As for now, I died more times than everybody else together who completed the quest :))

View attached image.
7 years ago

Wth is with that damn turtle? Help a frustrated soul out.

7 years ago

You will need to figure it out yourself :)

7 years ago

Well then I guess this breaks my streak of finishing these quests because I got nothing. I've lost count how many times I've killed it with all types of weapons, tried just defending and sitting there, running away, nothing.

7 years ago

Believe me, I can totally understand your frustration. Don't give up the quest though!

7 years ago

I'm not throwing the towel just yet, but I have 0 ideas left. Can you at least tell me if I need to go somewhere else to do something first so I don't just waste xp and resources for this damn thing?

7 years ago

I will beat you in deaths for sure if I ever complete this quest

7 years ago

Me? Why me?

7 years ago

Well, I'm stuck! I've checked every wall but I still need to find a lock pick or a coloured key to advance.

Edit: nvmd just discovered a stupid wall that I hadn't checked. Turns out it was there all along

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Glad to see you back! Good luck in the adventure :)

7 years ago

how i can convert coins in energy? i see messages in the chat about people converting coins in energy

7 years ago

Are you a thief? If you are you'll unlock that ability after a while. :)

7 years ago

Barbarian :(

7 years ago

Barbarbian has demoralize 150 energy for each person you demoralize at your location.
If there is a barbarian among them, you can then encourage one(if you have some morale) and get some extra energy. Energy can't go over the max limit.

7 years ago

how i can use encourage? i was looking for this option but i never see it, only have bloodthirst and demoralizing roar. and how i can see my talents/habilities?

7 years ago

See here and replies to it for encourage.
Abilities/talents, as far as I know, you can't see your acquired talents.

7 years ago

There is a locked chest nearby! You could probably unlock it with the right tools.

You have opened the chest and found Lockpick inside!

Totally make a sense to use lockpick on chest to get lockpick. :D

7 years ago

That's for when lockpicking becomes a skill to learn, more lockpicks means more practice.
As far as I know this is not going to be in the game. :P

7 years ago

And I'm out! Finally done, was having a hard time playing it on my phone at work yesterday.

Got worried when I couldn't turn my gold into energy when I had the heart cause I was out of energy pots. I spent a lot of money on a teleport scroll and then found out I had to be max level Wizard to use it, which is different from last time. Then I found some +Wiz equipment that allowed me to use second breath scroll which got me out.

Yeah, much easier than last game. Still fun, and I never died or killed another player, like I was playing on pacifist mode.

7 years ago

Consider yourself lucky, I met a ghoul that demolished me, I barely touched him and he kept recovering life to make matters worse, also cursed me so I couldn't escape. I'm also more stuck than ever because I'm just wondering around aimlessly, checked everything, freakin turtle won't die, no lockpick to advance downstairs. wondering... Sigh.

7 years ago

I have no idea why that turtle won't die for you; it died on first or second time I killed it. Maybe dependent on what weapon you use to kill it? I figured it was just a % chance that it will resurrect.

7 years ago

Can't really enjoy the game so at least I will hunt some bugs. When you invest in someone coins text disappear. So it looks like "100" instead of "Coins: 100"

7 years ago

I have the Hearth of the dungeon. But now i am lost.What am i missing?

7 years ago

You can leave and finish the quest when you have the heart. Just go back to entry portal

7 years ago

Facepalm, thanks;

7 years ago

Ah, that was fun again ^^

7 years ago

It was until I met the turtle, now I'm stuck, also died once tnx to a ghoul, terrible morale and curse. I'm so frustrated, it's probably something so simple.

7 years ago

I know what you mean, I lost 2/3 of my (pretty full) inventory to an Ice Wyrm, because I was blinded, and the damn thing regens!

As for the poor turtle, all you have to do is grant his wish... just don't stop halfway, always follow through with a promise to help a fellow adventurer suffering so!
God only knows how many Phoenix Blood the poor bastard collected before he got cursed... =(

7 years ago

I've granted his wish like 30 times but he refuses to accept the sweet release of death :)). What am I missing here.

7 years ago

I just granted his wish as many times as he wanted, in a single battle... No idea if there were any extra reqs I'm afraid...

7 years ago

Are you serious or just trying to make me battle him until I go insane? :P

7 years ago

Well, I'm serious in that that is all I did; had to grant his wish 5 or 6 times in a row, and he finally got what he wanted... but I don't know if any of my previous exploring hit a hidden trigger of some sort.

7 years ago

Thanks again for the adventure and thanks to the contributors!

7 years ago

Bump for solved ^^
Place: 13rd overall, 7/25 as a Thief.

7 years ago

Completed, almost gave my entire inventory away to people still wandering.
The 1/3 recovery time and the less status effects from checks really ups the pace of the game.

7 years ago

anothre great journey ahead, superb!

7 years ago

Game is broken for me, can't click on anything, directions/checks aren't even appearing.

7 years ago

Same.

7 years ago

I've been doing some changes in the code now. Try reloading the page, if that won't fix it, clear the cache for the webpage and it should work.

7 years ago

I can't seem to continue, I tried going to the dungeon after I died, while I was downloading something and now nothing reacts, i can't check my equipment the map, and the arrows to move don't show up
http://imgur.com/a/Ndc9g

7 years ago

I've been doing some changes in the code now. Try reloading the page, if that won't fix it, clear the cache for the webpage and it should work.

7 years ago

Same here, clearing the cache not helping.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Game site down? I have a black screen. I cannot check items in my inventory. I cant even move.

7 years ago

Working on it.

7 years ago

I logged out and relogged. That helped for me for the stuck screen where nothing appears.

7 years ago

Game should be working fine again.

7 years ago

Yep, fixed for me!

7 years ago

All good, thanks!

7 years ago

Nvm, fixed :)

7 years ago

And... I finished. :) I agree with those who say it's been easier than the former one, but that is also partially due to the experience of the players themselves. Contrary to the first "Heart of the Dungeon" adventure, this quest has fewer changes with respect to the previous editions. Of course, this is normal as the game reaches its mature state, one cannot keep adding new features every time.

Aside from that, things like the resurrection time or the recovery of EP made the quest much faster to complete than its predecessors. Not that I complain, on the contrary: the experiencie is much less frustrating this way. Moreover, I am not going to have much time during the week, so it's been definitely helpful to me at a personal level. Finally, one thing I would change is the restriction on abilities like soul devour or dead revival (and their counterparts in other classes I suppose): I was only able to use the latter once, which made them pointless.

That being said, thanks again for this great adventure. It's always a great pleasure to take part in it!

7 years ago

My experience:

• The quest line / storyline was very vague to me this time. I mostly did things after the first quest finished because I hadn't been in that area yet. I think this could have been done better. Who was that witch and why were we killing her? ;)
  • I didn't see any store portal scrolls the whole game?
  • Wizardry (acceleration scrolls especially) seems extremely useful to non-mage characters (I was a thief this time).
  • Item diversity is still great. I ended up with 23 wizardry at the end. I did alot more switching between the weapon types this time; which ended up being very useful. Damage seems mostly dependent on the attack / magic value, not on my stats.
  • Agility didn't seem to be very useful as a stat.
  • Having a few initial lucky drops of energy potions / finding a shop early seems to be too important. My first few chests were just healing potions so I ran out of energy potions before I could get my 2nd thief ability.
  • This one was way more about (teleport) puzzles then fighting. While I enjoyed the diversity, it got pretty annoying to backtrack the same route like 20 times. Maybe put a hint somewhere about what the right portals are (?).
  • Detect trap ability for the thief? ;-)
  • If your intention was to force people to map the dungeon more; you were pretty succesful. I had trouble remembering how to walk without making a map ;-).
  • I would have enjoyed more 'boss' monsters like the witch & turtle.
7 years ago

• Story background.
  • I've only seen 4 I found in a chest, did not find any teleport scroll.
  • Yes, they were helpful, even in the previous one, but harder to reach as non-mage, with some loss in other stats.
  • Agility Is helpful for dodge, critical hits and running away, I'm guessing you had lot's of critical hits, I rarely had any.
  • I found 4 big energy potions in a chest at start, that really helped me to the top.
7 years ago

I found 4 in a chest and then another 5 in another chest near the end of the game, they're quite a rarity i guess, anyway i used only 2 and some lucky guy got the rest :P

7 years ago

Thank you very much, was my first time and had lots of fun, much frustration and an oldschool feeling i missed for some years now...

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by SErVER51.