(25.11-15.12) Join the dungeon-crawling Giveaway Adventure in Steam Dungeons! [70+ GAs]

Hello Steamgifters! It is that time again - adventure time! Join an exciting adventure with a large amount of treasures!

All of us like playing games, and all of us like winning games. So, how about playing a game and winning games while playing?

• Introduction

Game of sWords is a text RPG Adventure where you can explore dungeons, upgrade your hero, find useful items, weapons and artifacts, avoid deadly traps, fight dangerous monsters and interact with other players while searching for treasures (private SteamGifts giveaways links) on your way and trying to complete a quest to get access to a huge amount of private giveaways! Each quest has a limited number of winners split between 3 available classes - Barbarian, Wizard and Thief, so the chances in each giveaway will always be great.

All giveaways have no restrictions, so anyone who finds them can join them!

A lot of giveaways have been contributed by the community members, and I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who made a contribution! :)

Here is the topic of the previous quest.

Here is the topic of Game of sWords v3.

Here is the topic of the second Game of sWords.

And here is the topic of the first one, which started back in November last year.

• Important notes about the Game

Your hero has Energy Points and Health Points.
Most of the actions require Energy Points. Energy can be replenished using items which you can find everywhere, thus it is important to check everything around you!

Energy also replenishes over time and that time can be reduced with special artifacts that can be found during the adventure.
Note, that the Energy won't be replenishing during the battles (you can only restore it with potions)!

If you lose all your Health Points, you will also lose all the Energy you had plus you will have to wait for a few hours to be resurrected. Energy can not be replenished while you are dead!

Note: If you have problems navigating through the map, you can switch to Simplified Navigation at the bottom right corner.

I highly recommend to visit sWords Library that has a lot of other useful information that will help you in the adventure

• What's new in Game of sWords?

Lots of changes have been made since the previous quest to make the game more enjoyable! You can see the list of main changes here.

• Commands you can use in chat:

You can trade with other adventurers through the Chat using following command: /trade *amount* *item(s) you have* for *amount* *item(s) you want*

E.g.
/trade 5 small healing potions for 3 small energy potions
/trade 5 acceleration scrolls for 100 coins

You can drop items/scrolls/coins/arrows using following command: /drop *amount* *item(s) you have*

You can give items/scrolls/coins/arrows to other adventurer using following command: /give *id* *amount* *item(s) you have*

Note: The Game engine is not properly supported by Internet Explorer (you will encounter all kinds of nasty bugs there) and it is recommended to use one of the following browsers: Chrome (perfect), Opera (perfect) or Firefox (great, but the game works a tiny bit slower and sounds sometimes mess up a little).

Current Winners limits: Barbarians:25, Mages:25, Thieves:25.

Winners get access to all giveaways available in the Game! (70+)

Everyone who finishes the Game after the limit is reached (while it is still runnning) gets 1 random treasure as a consolation prize!

All giveaways end in about a week! The Game will last for a week.

• Time to start the Adventure!

EVERYONE is invited to play the Game and search for treasures in the adventure! :)

The only requirement is that your Steam account should be more than 90 days old.

Join the official group

and

Start playing now!

Leaderboard

Want to suggest an idea to help me improve the game? Post it here! People can upvote or downvote it, and it will help me see what people do and do not want to be implemented. Thank you!

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I wonder if there are better ways to make a dungeon seem complex and/or have players use their energy in a more balanced manner than pit drops and energy drain traps. Maybe additional active use skills that use energy (search for traps would be a handy skill for this)? It feels easy (and is very fun, so balance here is difficult, I know) if you get a good run and keep finding energy potions or a shop that sells them cheap. It feels almost unbalanced to fall in a spike pit, have to search out secret walls to find stairs, and get killed by a monster levels higher than you after taking one step (and is exceedingly frustrated).

The shorter recovery times are a good step, and you're doing a great job on overall support and responding to concerns, but I'm not sure the full balance is here yet.

7 years ago

Well. Unlucky bump from me since i didnt have much time to play yesterday. The same thing will happen today and tommorow ;f But well. It's fun like usual. Yes.

7 years ago

rest bump

7 years ago

First of, have fun at work. ;)
When selling(stone scroll if I remember correctly) at a shop, I think it exceeded the 99 limit and reverted to 0, since it disappeared from the shop inventory.

7 years ago

Yeah, I observed similar behavior when was selling fireball scrolls.
After a few scrolls been sold (didn't remember exact numbers though), they all disappeared from the shop.

7 years ago

Oh, I'm having tons of fun at work! It leaves me without free time at the moment though :( I would like to thank you, Kuzu, for actively helping others out by answering their questions. I barely get a minute just to look through the messages and can't help everyone myself.

Thanks again! :)

7 years ago

Another thing: When disoriented and going through a portal you can see 'Check buttons' instead of Wander. Map is still disoriented though.

One more thing: After some portals my map disappeared, kind of bizzare thing. Anyway it came back after a move.

Another: When you are disoriented and get blinded, you can see normal, not-disoriented, map if you use Eye Drops.

7 years ago*

I am not sure if it is doable but I wish there is a map enlargement where you click on the map to enlarge it so that those with smaller screen dont have to peer so close to the screen trying to differentiate double or single line wall.

7 years ago

Quest completed. Finally realise why i could not progress further despite looking so hard at the lines and it was not the walls nor door all along.

7 years ago

I'm loving the game!

Almost on the leaderboard too ^^

View attached image.
7 years ago

Hey lookie! Thats me in third place :]

7 years ago*

30 overall, 13/25 as a Thief

:D

7 years ago

Btw I noticed a bug - the next few steps after I am cured of blindness, when I try to use scrolls, it still says I can't read scrolls when I'm blinded.

7 years ago

Happened to me too. But i was under the disorientatation effect so not sure if it was because of that.

7 years ago

I'm done! 32nd overall and the 14th thief to do so. It was a lot of fun again! :) though all those portals and mazes were very confusing

7 years ago

I finished it! :D It wouldn't be possible if Kuzurreesh didn't go all Oprah on me, giving me some crucial supplies before finishing the quest. It was fun, next time I'm picking something else than a thief for sure :)

7 years ago

I was mage last time and thief this time. Mage was definitely easier, but Thief was pretty good as well i.m.o. :). That coins to energy ability is incredibly useful as it doesn't require anyone else around you to use ;).

7 years ago

Yeah, this time I didn't do a single good steal so most of the time I didn't have coins to use it though :C

7 years ago

You have no idea how much I hate thieves in this game, they've killed me twice in 10 minutes, that ability is infuriating. There is no one ever around for me to use my abilities, I don't think I've ever used Wild Rage this time.

7 years ago

Thieves killed you twice? How?

7 years ago

Stole my heart or something, and I'm pretty much out of energy potions so those deaths really wasted so much time. I have to go waaay back.

7 years ago

But you can only be killed once this way I think. Same goes about scalping and soul stealing. I don't use that ability anyway, don't like the idea of making it harder for others

7 years ago

Well maybe the first time was scalping, I was too annoyed to pay attention, I mostly focused on the dead part :)). 6 times already. How much time after the witch door? Do I need to stack up on energy potions?

7 years ago

If you are past the confusing portals and secret walls then you are close I think. If not... well, it might take a while then.

7 years ago

I've just opened that door. Do I need to go back and get energy? I got nothing.

7 years ago

Then you might need some energy drinks

7 years ago

Tnx, I kinda figured when I saw there were no paths so I stopped, had to ask just in case I was being paranoid. It's gonna be one of those guessing games.

7 years ago

If you have just opened the door, you will need some energy backup to proceed.
When I played that part there were like 0 barbarians around, so energy portions were only my relief and artifact, which restores energy :D
Btw, when you will get to confusing portals - better remember or right down which one you've already checked ;-)
the same goes for secret walls just after witch door

7 years ago*

Tnx, I encountered a similar area so I know what's coming, it's just hard to find stuff at shops. That artifact sounds nice though :P.

7 years ago

Is there any way around Charon when we return?

7 years ago

how do u kill suicidal turtle?

7 years ago

Keep killing it.

7 years ago

Took me about 4 times

7 years ago

any idea how many times? ive done it 9 times and its still up

7 years ago

Just keep killing, it will stay dead eventually if it won't be you dead first :D
For me it was about 10 kills. It's random, so can be more or less, based on your luck.

7 years ago

well... looks like its 10 for me as well

7 years ago

Do you have to kill it? I passed by it and left it unharmed xD Do I have to go back to that turtle?

7 years ago

yeh you get something important for the quest

7 years ago

Thanks, I will try to get back to him then... and I hoped I was close to finish lol

7 years ago

I never came back to the turtle but I still finished the quest. I guess what the turtle might drop (I don't want you to tell me, the game is still on) but I managed without it :)

7 years ago

Hmmm I guess I may have remembered incorrectly Wat he drops

7 years ago

Bump for completed. Tried to trade up my inventory at the end for single coins to continue the trend I've seen but not many people were around. :(

I'm only seeing the treasures I found in my treasury for this quest; are we supposed to be able to access all the treasure opportunities now, or at quest conclusion?

Thanks for another fun time!

7 years ago

Nevermind; looks like the default treasury page is automatically for this quest. Shifting the drop down to individual quests doesn't seem to lead to anything except what we found in each quest.

7 years ago

Bump for completion and thanks to SErVER and the contributors for another enjoyable run.

Went Barb again and while it's disappointing to see thieves and mages completing at twice the rate, the experience does seem much improved as a whole over the last dungeon, though I had really bad luck with drops and was energy starved most of the time. The encourage skill is very nice and certainly helps barbs bridge the gap a bit but it's a major bummer later on when there is nobody around to encourage and you're waiting 3 minutes for every move.

Looking forward to future confusing portals, energy drain traps and surprise critical hit deaths.

7 years ago

Yeah, us poor barbs are still at a disadvantage, we need to be able to use encourage even alone or else it gets useless, even the regular abilities were unusable except early on. I didn't get the chance to use Wild Rage once. Almost done too but I need to get past Charon with no gold, is there any way around him?

7 years ago

Bump for #42 to complete and #8 barb.

7 years ago

Bump for finally finishing it, that damn turtle made me waste so much time because I thought I needed to do something special to kill it because it just WOULD NOT STAY DEAD! :))

7 years ago

Bump for finished :D I DID NOT GET IN THE TOP TEN D: Those portals messed me up :[ I was gone the first day too Anyways, I had alot of fun, thanks server :D

7 years ago

How can i enter the boss room? A secret wall? Or a pit?
Edit: Boss fight begins!

7 years ago*

Finished the Quest xD

45 overall, 11/25 as Barbarian

7 years ago*

Energy is much improved from last event, so thank you for that.

Having said that, it's still one of the things that sucks the fun out of GoS. Perhaps I'm not the target audience...

Am I missing something on the Witch boss? I can barely hit it, and when I do it's for like 10 damage, and it hits me for hundreds.

7 years ago

Try a different weapon type, you might also be cursed.

7 years ago

Hmmm. I didn't see anything about being cursed, but the weapon type is surely it. I haven't used that type at all until now, so I'd forgotten about it.

Thank you!

7 years ago

After every attack it would say so if you are cursed, so you probably aren't.

7 years ago

Question about magic weapons during battle: how do I keep my concentration up? Just defend and hope? If so, I'm screwed :-o

Nevermind, just tried a magic weapon with 100+ damage. Hit for 0 or 1 each time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :-/

7 years ago*

Defend, if successful, you will regain some, but since you haven't used it yet, it won't be that much and the weapon will probably need 30%. Also don't forget how it is calculated.
Wow, that is a low lvl to fight the witch(compared to others).
You could always run and try training your magic weapon.

7 years ago

It could be she changes stance, so you have to switch weapons to it's weakness, can't say if that is the case here, she died really quick for me. But in one of the previous versions that was the case against the dragon.

7 years ago

Huh. I beat the last one without knowing any of that.

I'm out of arrows. I hope it doesn't change to one of those as an option :-D

Thanks for your help.

7 years ago

So... im stucked at the game now, i have checked every place and i need something to open brown door, also i have 3 locked chests and no lockpicks.

Any tip or help?

7 years ago

You don't need to open locked chests to progress - you will find some stuff there, but no more.
AFAIR, you get brown key from tailless Lizardman as reward. So, you need to kill Orc on low level first.
I finished game on Sunday, therefore don't remember much details.

7 years ago

That is the problem :(

I dont have idea how im supposed to kill him.

But thanks for the help anyway

7 years ago

With weapons? Kappa.

7 years ago

I have checked every wall, there is no special weapon and i can't kill him with normal weapons. I just have an option to "leave" and bring him scalps for 50 coins... Tried to throw fireball and explosive vial.. nothing happens

Also nothing to do with "Devil" and "Heartheater"

7 years ago

That is for selling stuff you obtain from 3rd skill, not the one you have to kill.

7 years ago

Still missing some place apparently :(

Thanks

7 years ago

The game save if i exit?

7 years ago

Yes, it "saves" in real time.

7 years ago

Thank you very much for this great adventure! I'm looking forward for the next awesome Game of sWords! :D

7 years ago

I'm missing something. I just cant do anything to that witch thingy - dps 3-20 with every weapon i try. :/ Yes.

7 years ago

Same. Even leveled up magic to expert at the response of my comment above. And now, I can't get enough money to buy healing potions to survive even walking up to the witch. Just die instantly. I suppose I'm done with this. Alas.

7 years ago

You know using magic verses the Witch WILL NOT WORK. She is mostly immune to it. I had to use a 40DMG sword :[

7 years ago

Even using a 100 damage melee barely hurts her, and that's assuming I can even hit her. I have no idea if I'm missing some item or something.

7 years ago

In the end i've killed her with magic but using fireball scrolls and explosive viales. Yes.

7 years ago

Ok. Apparently I never noticed this. Interesting. Ended up killing her with ranged weapons in 4-5 hits (due to the fire 3-4 arrows at once ability).

7 years ago

The dungeon is so empty now. everybody left. :(

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by SErVER51.