Hello everyone,

I am a developer of "Boon Boon", an indie game that is recently launched on Steam with an introductory discount of 40% off.
Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1092750/Boon_Boon/

About the game: Boon Boon is a 2D platform game which is based on the romantic story between two cute characters, Boon Boon and Luna who is his girlfriend. This game is challenging, and hard to master.

If you have any queries or suggestions please feel free to let me know in the comments below and I will reply to all of you. Thanks for taking your time to check this game out! I hope you will enjoy it.

For the awesome people on Steam Gifts, I thought it would be nice to giveaway some of the Steam keys of this game besides the deal. In my previous posts, people did ask me to do some sort of giveaway. So, I thought it would be fun to add something to this post.

Here is the list of 10 Steam keys as the part of the Deal:
CMH2E-3?0HB-LMYFV --- ? = (3+2)
K7G?A-W570M-NJCCV --- ? = (32)
LEPAV-A?TKW-RXMJ7 ---- ? = (6+3)
QLG?W-N5YNI-WKEYJ ----- ?= 6
0E6HR-C7F??-7GDZD ---- ??=5C
E?LB5-CLYCA-ALWCF ---- ?=0
9IXP7-J2?6X-M7PHN ---- ?=(6+2)
QFPB7-LE0JJ-I?YI5 ---- ?=(7
1)
H8AC4-7FL??-3NQN9 ---- ??= 59
7AL?Q-3LR90-30XN5 ----- ?= The first capital letter of the word "JAPAN".

Thanks for your support!
Happy Gaming!

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deal?

View Results
Looks like a simple platformer. Also, not my type of game. Pass
I am not sure. I might give it a try.
Yes! It looks beautiful!

welcome to SG, Anamik!

4 years ago

Thank you!

4 years ago

best tip i want to share with you, as you're a dev, is to take a look at this dude here:

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/U1IH3/goblin-and-coins-summer-19-community-event-50-gifts-closed

and not 'cause you should do what he did (a grrreat work, btw)... is just that you'd take some inspiration on how to "move" here around :D

have fun!

4 years ago

Wow! I did not see that thread. I will check it out and see what ideas I can get from him. Thanks for the link! :D

4 years ago

All taken and zero comments, sorry that has happened

Game looks very cute and nostalgic :)

4 years ago

Wow! That's sad.
Thank you for your kind words! I am really glad you liked it. Thank you very much for taking your time to check it out! :)

4 years ago

Thanks for QFPB7-LE0JJ-I?YI5 ! The ? is 7 and not 71 btw.

4 years ago

I actually thought the multiplication sign would work but it didn't appear for some reason. My apologies.

Also for this one: K7G?A-W570M-NJCCV --- ? = (32) = Multiply 3 by 2.

4 years ago

The forum uses markdown formatting, and it makes the text between two asterisks(*) italic, that's why they disappeared

4 years ago

I see. That makes sense. Thanks for the information. :)

4 years ago

I honestly dont want them, but you should have created a giveaway with those keys instead

4 years ago

I thought it would work this way and I have seen many people post Steam keys here in this manner so I thought I would do the same.

4 years ago

When its not a steam game or you dont know if the key is valid, its much easier to dump them on the forum.
The giveaways give everyone a chance, here theres a risk of the keys being taken by bots. Plus, we know who actually took the key and if it worked, rather than someone taking and not leaving a comment.
most importantly you are not allowed to advertise on the forum, but you can on giveaways.

4 years ago

I see. I thought adding "?" signs to the keys might be effective against bots. I did not post keys as it is to avoid such circumstance. Bots might be smarter, who knows? But someone told me here on this forum if I provide some sort of Steam keys giveaways I can post a link to store page. I guess, I have done it differently. Sorry about that. It was fun to meet everyone on this forum.

Steam does not approve large number of keys to smaller developers so it is pretty hard for us, small devs, to do a bigger Giveaways.

4 years ago

Nice to meet you! Just wanted to say I fully agree with his statement, it's much more fair to make an actual giveaway, dumping keys just favours whoever randomly saw this thread within 30 seconds, and most people won't even bother or spend a lot of time trying for nothing.
Of course you can argue that creating a giveaway also selects 10 random winners but at least it is guaranteed to be evenly distributed chances for everyone.
Thanks for the generosity either way and good luck with your game.

4 years ago

Hi,
Thanks for the information! I will probably try something like that in the future threads.

Thank you!

4 years ago

i missed it.. oh well good luck with the game T_T

4 years ago

I see. That's sad. Thank you btw!

4 years ago

I won't get this even for free, thanks

4 years ago

Thanks for taking your time to check it out!

4 years ago

Sooooooo... No Steam keys for "The 50 - Mystica" bundle from Groupees?

4 years ago

No, it was a itchio only game and no Steam keys were promised that time as it was mentioned there that "it was available only on Itchio/DRM-Free". There was no plan for Steam release 2 years ago and what you purchased that time was Itchio key not Steam. Since that time, the game went through some design changes. It was finally released on Steam this year. Hope, I am clear to you. Feel free to let me know if you have further queries.

4 years ago

Aha, I thought that game sounded vaguely familiar... :)

But now I feel bad, looking at all those good old Groupees bundles, and what passes for a Groupees bundle nowadays... :(

4 years ago

Garbage like this is the reason why I hate going through my discovery queue nowadays.

4 years ago

I am sorry you did not like. It is targeted to a handful of audience and it might not be everyone's cup of tea. By the way, thank you for checking it out!

4 years ago

for 0.47 cents i'll buy it. it's better than the asset flips that invade steam everyday. maybe that serve as an incentive to make better games.

4 years ago

Hi,
Thank you very much for your support! I hope you will enjoy the game.

4 years ago

I posted it before (and you didn't reply) that you are "making" games by the dozen, like 1 each month, often resulting in half baked/done games, even though they might look nicely retro, but that's about it and instead of making something great and fix your other games you just seem to spam out more, unfortunately.

Better to have a few good ones (and which you can ask a higher price for) then a whole bunch like these, quantity over quality.

4 years ago*

Hi, Oops, sorry about that. I might have missed it somehow. I am working on small projects targeted towards a handful of users. It is my choice that I am working on my games and releasing them only after testing the whole game myself. Yeah, sometimes, there might be bugs and issues but I address them as soon as they are reported. Well, there are lots of happy users who enjoyed these games so what's wrong making smaller titles more frequently?
I know where you are coming from. I absolutely agree that quality is more important than quantity but the only way to learn faster is to get my games out there. Being a solo developer it is already hard to create games and I am glad that I am honestly creating all of the assets of the game instead of asset flipping. Trust me, I sometimes can't believe how I do this seriously. Don't I get tired making it over and over? It might be just that I love the process and I love to experiment with various concepts or genres which I can create within a short time and that is a great learning experience.

It is a high risk profession especially when you are working full time (10-12 hours a day, 70-84 hours a week) including Saturday and Sunday. I have to support myself working in this profession only because I can barely do anything else other than making games. Making a game for a year and selling a handful of copies at "higher price" is just not good when there is a slim marketing budget. The games that get successful are either coming from already well-known studios or from developers with lots of marketing budget. As long as the game is fun and the players like it, it does not matter how much time it took to make. That's what I think it is.

4 years ago*

Hey

There are people that can make a great game even in 48 hours (been contests for that) but not many that can pull it off and there are people that still can't produce a good game after months of work.

But define "lots of happy users" all your games got a fair share of negative reviews and some that are positive come from people that have 1 review (or <10) and usually that's frowned upon as it comes across a bit weird..
There is not one that sticks out as overall positive and then time does become a factor for you.

Offcourse you have to support yourself and it's a high risk but on the other hand you dumped your games in several bundles, several times, that couldn't have made you much money either.
And this profession it's also just a risk one takes or not (i have thought about it myself but i am not willing to go through all the negativity and stress that comes with it) but it shouldn't be an excuse to go "oh i have to bring something out because else i am not making enough money"). 6 games in 6 months at $1 or 1 game in 6 months for $6 there isn't much difference.

And it's not true that only games get successful from known studios or devs with big marketing money, it's hard especially these days with 30k games on steam, but with the right game? Not impossible, it will sell itself.

I applaud you though for not asset flipping atleast yeah, and not trying to bash you or anything, just trying to give you something constructive.

4 years ago*

Hi,
"And it's not true that only games get successful from known studios or devs with big marketing money, it's hard especially these days with 30k games on steam, but with the right game? Not impossible, it will sell itself."
Games does not sell itself unless you do the marketing or you get the visibility. It is a business just like any other and even if you have a great product and no one knows about it, it would not sell unless you get lucky. If an unknown dev charge $10 for a game, even if it is a good one, only a few people will buy it because nobody knows the developer. And by good, I mean "a product that appeals to a wide audience." The "good" and "bad" games are subjective anyway. The word "Success" can mean different things to different people. For me, finishing a game and getting it out there to see only a few people enjoying it is "success" to me, also at the same time paying my bills and bringing food to the table while doing what I love. Chance of making a game successful financially like the hit games, that appear on the front page of Steam, without marketing is very slim. I am not telling it is not possible but the chance is pretty slim. If my business is based on that slim chance without thinking about the sustainability, I will be sure to go out of business in a month or two. There is a lot of factor that plays a significant role in sustainability of a business and also depending upon where you live. Well, I am not going to write an essay over it. :p

I am not thinking about making only one big hit and from the business perspective it is not the wise decision especially at the present situation when so many games are releasing on Steam every day.

"But define "lots of happy users" all your games got a fair share of negative reviews and some that are positive come from people that have 1 review (or <10) and usually that's frowned upon as it comes across a bit weird.".

Some of my games have mixed reviews, some negative and some are positive and change over time as more reviews keep coming. There are many users who sent me personal emails explaining how much they liked the game. Yes, it happens a lot and some even post in discussion section but don't post reviews. It is their decision to post a review on my game page. It has no external influence if you are thinking about it and I NEVER tell anyone to review my game not even to the people outside of Steam. I believe in honesty more than anything and I am pretty sure it is against Steam developer conduct rules. It is the people who have genuinely enjoyed it and post a review there on their own will. I know Steam user reviews are a bit weird at times and even funny. But I am really serious when it comes to stuff like this.

"but it shouldn't be an excuse to go "oh i have to bring something out because else i am not making enough money")."

I am putting a lot of effort in each of my games I am making. I know how hard it is to do even a single character design and animation and I am not even talking about programming and other stuff that comes with it. I release a game on Steam which people might enjoy. Sometimes, things don't go as expected so I am always prepared for a failure that comes with it. No one becomes successful in just their first or fifth try as it takes time and persistence and a lot of practice. Even then only a handful of developers succeed. That's reality. It is true for every creative field you can think of. Success stories might be a bit misleading as there are lots of failure stories which never get mentioned anywhere.

"Offcourse you have to support yourself and it's a high risk but on the other hand you dumped your games in several bundles, several times, that couldn't have made you much money either."

Bundles do provide a lot of exposure and new customers who might have never heard about the game. "Much money" depends upon various factor including geographical location. So, I would not comment much on that one. :)

Anyway, thanks for the constructive feedback!

4 years ago*

I can barely do anything else other than making games.

Than I have bad news for you - you can't make games too. Because your products can't be seriously called games.

4 years ago

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I give my very best to make these "games" and I am still learning from it. Being in creative career it has been a great learning experience for me(I have almost put my 8 years of practice, and learning in to making them) and I am trying my best to improve. Even if my games fail but experience which I have got from it is priceless. If you have any constructive feedback I would love to hear from you.

"Than I have bad news for you - you can't make games too"

• I need only a very few people to say "You can do it" to keep going. Thank you very much for taking your time to check it out.

Thanks!

4 years ago

I completely agree that nobody can become great developer without practice, and game development is not different - one needs a lot of experience to become good. However it does not means that every intermediate result has to be published in steam store.

4 years ago

Hi,

"However it does not means that every intermediate result has to be published in steam store."
You have a point there. It is hard to tell as a developer what would be appealing to an audience considering there is an audience for almost all kinds of games on Steam. I had to try anyway. Who knows? Few people might like it. Making a big hit was never my intention but I dared to share my little creation publicly(that requires a lot of courage to be honest) and I was ready to receive any constructive feedback from users who might like/not like it. Either way, it was a learning experience for me.

Thanks!

4 years ago

that requires a lot of courage to be honest

I'm sorry, but I won't believe it. Steam is literally infested by "games" that are much worse than yours. I don't think authors of those "games" are very brave.

4 years ago

I agree with you. There are obviously bad actors out there who just want to abuse the system. That is the very reason why Steam is limiting features for small developers. Not everyone makes games out of genuine interest. I have no such intention to abuse the system in any way. I put genuine effort into making my games.

I have seen a few other developers literally releasing asset store demos "as is" every single week. They are too lazy to even change the name of the asset pack. How can they be proud of their creation? I don't think they are or may be it is hard to tell what is going on in their heads. I am against this sort of practice.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Ya, but you're not gonna have "Floater" problems with his games.

4 years ago

Should play one each morning then.

4 years ago

I'm not the one who complained about floaters.

4 years ago

Considered you got me blacklisted and your picture shows you are a very jolly chap to be around with,it was nice that you still cared enough and gave me the "tip" thank you, really appreciated.

4 years ago

Considering you got me blacklisted, I'll accept the Thank You.

4 years ago

Yeah if someone gets icky to blacklist people over small stuff then i like to return favours. ;)

4 years ago

Wow, must get time-consuming trying to enter everyone's old giveaways to find out if your blacklisted or not, or you just happened to try mine?

4 years ago*

it is literally one click to find out blacklists from entire thread.

4 years ago*

Yeah it's not rocket science or anything when someone is snarky and you're curious if it's just against you or in general.

4 years ago

I don't have that extension.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Or, I can choose to get the 100% discount... by staying as far away from this trash as possible.

4 years ago

As you wish. By the way, thanks for checking out my game!

4 years ago

This looks downright amatourish, one of the million of steam games that doesnt even worth the look. BUT I'm a giant thrash collector, so if it goes around in those suspicious scam sites and arrive here, ill play with it.

4 years ago

Well, I really really wish my game don't end up in scam sites. It is absolutely fine with me if you don't like it and I am not insisting anyone to play it. You would better get it for free somewhere instead of supporting scam sites. Thanks!

4 years ago

Dude I never visit those sites because im too paranoid about them. Also I never said I dont like it, I just said steam is filled to the brim with games like yours. I hope I just find a trader somewhere who can get me for like 200 gem or a few trading cards. Or if you do like a mass giveaway around here for advertisement like 1000 or 2000 keys, to win that

4 years ago

Well, I am sorry that I misunderstood the statement. Valve might not approve so many keys for giveaway but I will do it if I can with at least a few keys as you know they have got strict with key requests. You might not be aware that Trading cards are not given to all games now. So, only a handful of games have these features. By the way, Thanks for checking my game out! I respect your opinion. By the way, thanks for providing feedback.

4 years ago

I'm aware of the trading card restriction, what I meant that I'll buy it for a few cards. Also you are awfully chill about everything in a creepy passive agressive way. Might be cool if you tone it down a bit man.

4 years ago

Oops. I am sorry about that. English is not my native language. Don't get me wrong. I am really a friendly guy but trying to be a bit professional at the same. :)

4 years ago

"creepy passive aggressive " is nonsense ,imho.

Your English was fine , nothing wrong with your interesting replies.

4 years ago

Thank you!

4 years ago

He got thrown a lot of negative in his way and he reply with these "thank you for your constructive feedback" in a chirpy and happy manner. This aint look natural, more like a forced to look nice, its like a mask which makes me uneasy, because i dont know what he actually think.

4 years ago

That's an attempt at professionalism. Even if someone wants to tell you lick a spinning angle grinder, if they're in a somewhat commercialised setting then they'll usually thank you for your time. It's only passive aggressive if you read it like that, and with this person that seems to be more on the reader than the writer. If there's one good thing I can say about 123games is that they've been pretty chill.

I mean, we use this forum as an extension of the steamgifts central function of giveaways, and use it as a relaxed social thing, but on the flipside, while I criticise 123games for using us for just an advertising platform of sorts, they at least follow through on their tone and seem to accept the blowback that happens as a result.

4 years ago

I absolutely agree with Uroboros.

4 years ago

boon boon i want you in my room

4 years ago

Then you have it. :D Thank you very much for taking your time to check it out! Thanks again!

4 years ago

Here is an announcement: The Deal has ended. Thanks to everyone who have checked out or supported my game! That means a lot to me. I am really glad to be able to discuss with the awesome people of the Steam Gifts community. I am not sure if I will post any deal like this on Steam Gifts in the future. If you have questions feel free to let me know. I will stop by in this forum from time to time.

Either way, it was a great time to be on the Steam Gifts. See ya!

Take care.

4 years ago

Hello. I remember you from the thread about your game Keatz. Some community members assisted you with the description for it. As Lugum mention you seem to crank out games pretty fast instead of fixing the bugs and improving games you already have out. Why not take time and improve Keatz?

Improve the details of the backgrounds, platforms, characters etc.
Add animations as well as improve existing ones.
Add new mechanics and improve existing ones.
Improve the UI.
Add more areas and characters to fight.
Improve the store page picture.

4 years ago

Yes, it was a game I worked very hard on. I did provide some updates before.

Thanks for the constructive feedback! I will take a look and see what I can add into it.
Improve the store page picture.

Do you mean the main cover image?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

As we discussed before the last time you came here to promote your games : You still aren't really part of this community.
While you do have the courtesy to stick around after creating your threads to respond to us, using this site solely as an advertising platform doesn't sit well with me, but I suppose I won't go into it all this again, given we have already discussed it before and I'm in no position to speak of or enforce rules or policy on the matter.

While I still wish you the best, I also hope you will do better in future.

4 years ago

Thank you for your encouragement! I will try my best to improve my skills.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.