You have all probably seen this group "network" at some point. They send out invites to everyone. They giveaway bundle games here in mass quantities as part of their recruitment. They also advertise giving away AAA titles to whoever invites the most people to their groups. Sadly those giveaways are rigged, as they are not done on SteamGifts, but rather in his group's forum, and no winners are chosen truly at random as the system here allows.

But that's not what I'm here to tell you about.

First, let me show you exactly what I am talking about, in case you are unfamiliar with the OTG Network.

Original Traders Group
Original Curators Group
Original Giveaway Group
German Giveaway Community
Original Society Club
Duck Society

The above 6 groups are what's known as the 'Original Network'. It originally started as just the top group. It's recently expanded unnecessarily into the other groups. You can do everything the 4 groups do with one group, after all. The groups are also all populated by the same people, so don't let the numbers fool you. The Original Society Club is for the most loyal of his followers, where he supposedly does non-bundle game giveaways. Duck Society is...I don't even.

They are all run by a lovely fellow named SalzStange. His username here on SteamGifts is AngryErpel.
Confirmed with SteamGifts Support that this is not calling out..

SalzStange was recently outted on Twitter for trying to blackmail a developer for a free Steam Key. This kind of activity has been known to occur in this "network" but was covered up by his loyalists. When things like this happened in the past, or someone wrote a negative review for a game SalzStange obtained keys for, he would ask his loyalists to downrate the hell out of the review, which they sadly did. According to other 'victims', his loyalists were also asked to harass people that did not agree with SalzStange's methods or people who called him out on his bullshit. It's safe to say some are blindly following him in the hopes of free games. This is, of course, unacceptable, and since this was brought public, some of his loyalists left the group. Namely a few (most) of his admins and even a co-founder. He now has a new set of followers and Admins/Mods, and they are still up to the same routine.

SalzStange thinks giving away games is charity, and refers to his groups as "the biggest charity groups on Steam".
Charity is helping people who are less fortunate (IE Homeless, starving, etc), donating clothes and food to homeless people, or volunteering at a shelter....things of that nature. Not giving away games to privileged people on SteamGifts. He lists hundreds of giveaways for bundle games and games he's received from devs here on SteamGifts. The bundle games he asks members to donate to him so he can give them away here or in his group's chat (this has been confirmed by many former members). Either way, he is unfairly benefiting from contributor value here on SteamGifts because of this. He is currently a LV 9 contributor here on SteamGifts.

There is a reddit thread where a lot of people have come forward to share their experiences with SalzStange and his groups. and there is also a NEOGAF thread.

Proof, evidence, chatlogs, examples of his behavior and other things.
Take a look at these and find out for yourself what kind of person SalzStange is. Don't listen to his long-winded excuses or lies he's posted here and elsewhere.

2706 line OTG Group Chat Log
Full email conversation - This is the 'unedited' screenshot SalzStange provided that he claims absolves him of all accusations. It, in fact, makes him look worse.
My experience with SalzStange and his group
Chat harassment
SalzStange's SteamRep Report
SalzStange's "apology" to the dev he blackmailed
SalzStange thinks there's no proof
Valve is at least aware of this situation
SalzStange thinks those "against" him are all trolls
SalzStange denies allegations concerning his rigged giveaways, which were already confirmed as true
SalzStange's official statement after he was caught
Former Mod's response to his 'official statement'
SalzStange's post history on the Steam forums. A great example of his attitude and how he talks to developers
OTG Head Admin is okay with SalzStange's actions.
SalzStange has been permanently banned from SteamCompanion.
SalzStange calls those who caught him and spread awareness of his lies 'troll' and 'haters'..
SteamCompanion Group Chatlog where SalzStange was invited to discuss his ban

If you are still a part of this "network" I advise you all to leave to avoid being dragged down with him. It will happen eventually. WGN got shut down for doing less than this.

If you would like to combat this network and it's practices, there are a number of things you can do.
If you are a member of any of their groups, or any of the groups that SalzStange associates with (Such as Hookups where he is an Admin), simply leave them. You can also share this thread with people on your friendslists who are members of these groups and advise them to leave as well.

TL;DR:

SalzStange threatened a dev, got caught, and is still trying to lie and cover up the facts, acting like he did nothing wrong.

He claims to be an adult, but is refusing to own up to his actions. Everything we do in life has consequences. It's time he faces them.

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I just join this weird groups only for GA's and leaving groups, why i should bother myself siting in those groups?

8 years ago

I wish there was something that could actually be done about this.

8 years ago

This is one of the many cases where I'm pissed off at Valve's hands-off policy regarding pretty much everything on Steam. If they still haven't gotten around to banning those groups and their founder, how do they expect us to trust them with something as oversight-heavy as paid mods?

8 years ago

well, considering how much of a mess greenlight is to this day, I don't expect paid mods to end any better, sadly.

8 years ago

They did nothing about Hookups either. Yet closed the Who's Gaming Now group for seemingly nothing, especially when compared to this.

7 years ago

Oh my. I can't believe I have never seen this thread.
But better late then never I guess.

8 years ago*

Why is Steam no doing anything against groups like this?

I've seen groups that do the EXACT same thing, one group (which I think I smaller or something) is Jiggly's FunHouse.

DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO GET IN THERE!

It's a TF2/Call of Duty based group that has some sort of WoW Source mod, which, in my knowledge, works in TF2.

When you reach a certain level, a mod tries to get you to pay with keys or items so you can keep your levels that you won by using the mod, if you don't do it, they might harass you into doing it (Never went onto those servers after hearing that crap, but there are videos about the admin of the place, Jiggly, doing some crap stuff like that...)

The most baffling thing about it... IT STILL EXISTS!!!

And they are still getting DONATIONS!!!

5 bucks, 5 bucks, 10 bucks, 50 BUCKS!!!

And it goes on, and on, and on...

I hate when shady groups like this get away from all of that stuff, just because they aren't breaking any of the Steam rules (but if there's a rule they are breaking, please let me know...)

And now, some videos about it...

I'm sorry it's not related to OTG, but there are a lot of proof out there for this other idiotic crap group, hope I ain't breaking rules on SG for posting this, as well, or I'm deleting it (It's unrelated to SG as well, so I don't think it's an offense...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXW0Qt6tJfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ1NV0N2u8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxSDfV2McQc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4IHRuT5VAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6u3jedrQQ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhi9MRkOymw

8 years ago*

"Why is Steam no doing anything against groups like this?"
Because Valve don't actually give a crap about anything that would require them to do something without bringing in immediate profits.

8 years ago

Sadly, that's true :(

8 years ago

lawl, entertaining xD

8 years ago

bump

8 years ago

While I like free games, I do not want to support or encourage this kind of behavior, so I've left all groups associated that I could find, and will avoid future giveaways whenever I notice it's him.

8 years ago

left all OG Network after read this thread.
bump.

8 years ago

I hope many people will follow your example, mate!

8 years ago

bump

8 years ago

bump

8 years ago

I like the way you do that thing right there.

8 years ago

There's a reason why Duck Hunt was such a iconic game. Nobody likes ducks.

8 years ago

omg duckhunt was such an awesome game XD

https://media.giphy.com/media/ardMfW1w53UvC/giphy.gif

8 years ago

P.S. Just so you know, in case you didn't you can embed images really easily, as such:

![caption](http://url.goes/here)

For example, you could've went:

![dat dead duck tho](https://media.giphy.com/media/ardMfW1w53UvC/giphy.gif)

I just figured since you didn't use SG much you might not know and it's a very nifty markdown. :D

View attached image.
8 years ago

Ah okay sweet ^^ thanks XD

8 years ago

Time for a bump.
Anyway, maybe I should check groups better before I join them but I just found out "Angy Giveaways Group [dAnGs]" http://steamcommunity.com/groups/angygiveaways has Salzstange as a moderator. I'm not sure wether he does more than that but they definitely post gleam giveaways benefitting the Original network so I felt obliged to leave.
Shame on me that it took so long :/

7 years ago

I don't know but recently things got just pretty shady all around with gleam.io and the like.

FYI: Judging by the giveaway tier names, this is apparently how otakumakers asks for keys, nowhere near OTG territory yet, but still quite audacious:
https://twitter.com/DarkestKale/status/729288643219574784

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

I'd ask friendly developers for a list of used old keys, and send those

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Haha, this thread never fails to amuse.

7 years ago

Soon one year anniversary for this thread ^^

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

So I've recently started posting this on all giveaways I see having to do with SalzStange: Sorry, I don't support giveaways by the OGG (original giveaway group) or any group with SalStange as a Mod or Admin. TF2 ~ Raffles, Fort's Corner, and Original Sloths banned me from their steam groups for posting this message under a giveaway in their steam announcements.

The bannings from the steam groups happened yesterday. I even had someone add me on steam to ask why I post that comment (which was more vague at the time) and I posted the link to this place. He gave Salz keys and is going to make sure that the winners actual get the keys. While I love free game keys, I have principles. I think what he's doing/done is wrong and if I can help it, I won't be a part of it.

7 years ago

Well sadly a majority of those that allow him to do giveaways on their groups doesnt really care. Its very cheap of them yes. I have talked with some tho and I was surpised that some of them don't even really like him but they simply use him(Because having a steamgroup with a high bot-membercount is edgy) and from what Ive been told there are some groups there he only does giveaways 1 time then never again.

7 years ago*

It's their choice, of course. But if I can convince even one person or inform someone, then I feel a little better. It's just too bad that Valve doesn't seem to care.

7 years ago

im the owner of tf2~raffles.
I still don't understand this theard thats like 1 year ago , I think Salz is doing good atm ,
he don't do any of this stuff atm (even if he did) , I know him really good..
This theard is pointless in my opinion :)

7 years ago

How do you know that he doesn't do it still? I don't know personally if he does or not. But the fact that he did it and didn't get any sort of punishment out of it is one of the major problems. The fact that he's lied about it and denied that it happened means he either isn't very bright and he didn't know what he was doing (lost in translation) or he knew full well what he was doing and he was hoping to get away with it.

The problem is that hardly anyone seems to care. In point, you or someone in your group banned me for posting my dislike of him. Do you ban people who post about free games or csgo skins or tf2 skins or the like? Just curious.

7 years ago

I'm the owner of RG and I say this thread isn't pointless.

7 years ago

You're a shill and a blatantly ignorant fool. You're partnered with Salz and blindly follow him like the sheep you are.

No one takes you or your opinion seriously.

7 years ago

TFW getting an invite to a group and seeing this.

View attached image.
7 years ago

I blocked and blacklisted every administrator and moderator where the the founder of the OG network is involved as administrator or moderator.

Birds of a feather flock together.

7 years ago

Just wondering, what does blocking and blacklisting them do? I assume it makes it so you can't see them or get anything from them on your end, but is that all?

7 years ago

Blacklisting means they cannot get anything from you. Blocking means they cannot pester you on Steam.

7 years ago

Ah thank you for that clarification.

7 years ago

DUCK, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER

View attached image.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

LMAO!!

7 years ago

Just great! Thanks :)

7 years ago

Nice :P

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

bump for sweet justice

7 years ago

7 years ago

Update guys (this one's juicy!)

Seems like a recent giveaway associated with OTG, is now revoking keys from winners in mass!

http://whosgamingnow.net/discussion/6108/free-steam-key-drunk-wizards-11-of-11-actions-required/p2

7 years ago*

+1

7 years ago

Yeah, mine's gone.

Bought it in a bundle, but hadn't got to the keys yet so grabbed a free one in the meantime.

7 years ago

Haha, what did people expect? xD

7 years ago

Next step: OTG teaming up with Digital Homicide for more giveaways

7 years ago

That would be awesome for their already broken rep lol

7 years ago

Not surprising considering the lack of Salz ability to comprehend English. More proof to add to the pile of NEVER PARTNERING WITH ORIGINAL NETWORK FOR ANYTHING. Right?

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

More like others using the exact same setup. It's not like Salz was the first in history who came up with this.

7 years ago

Good post, budday <3

7 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Khalaq.