Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

I wish I can go back to school to finish my degree, probably will do that in next year or two. If I won, Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey DX will be great.

1 year ago

I wish you the best then, I think that having something to aim for is the key to life. Look at your objective and try to reach it :)

1 year ago

Yeah, things happened, so I had to drop out, but I think I will regret it if I never finish it.

1 year ago

Good luck! I was in a similar situation and just returned for my final year after about 10 years away.

1 year ago

And how is it going? :)

1 year ago

It's going pretty well! Thanks for asking :D

I'm majoring in General Linguistics, with a minor in Global Studies. This fall will be my last semester here. In spring I have to either do an internship abroad, or a semester abroad, and then I'm done!

1 year ago

Glad to see you are doing well! Hope you will not be too far from your homeland!

1 year ago

I hope the opposite! xD

Edit: one reason among many is that public transportation is basically nonexistent in the US :\

Edit edit: I hope your journey is going great too!

1 year ago*

Just waiting the dissertation day :)

1 year ago

Remembering my study years... This moment is so stressful! Hope everything works out for you!
As for the game I would like to get... I don't want to ask for too expensive, I think "Little Busters!" will good.

1 year ago

I feel so much distressed right now, but absolutely looking for a job meanwhile!
Thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

Hey, I hope you're proud of how far you've come! I'm just finding this thread now, and going down that list of updates I can see how much progress you've made since you've started. Grad school's tough as nails, especially on mental health.

If I win, I'd love a copy of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. It's been a long time since I've added it to my wishlist, pushing seven years now, and it would be nice to finally see what all the fuss about it being the best platformer ever was all about.

1 year ago

I am actually very proud of what I achieved, especially with respect to my parents and close ones, which always supported (in their way) my journey.
Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your study, hope you can achieve all that your goals.
Keep on the grind but not to the point that you forgot to enjoy the moment, stay healthy both in body and mind 🤜🤛
Edit: I'd like a copy of elden ring :)

1 year ago*

Hard to maintain...I used to study till night and then wake up in the early morning, basically destroying my body due to the lack of sleep... Unfortunately, the stress was greater than my willingness to sleep :(
Feel free to enter the giveaways buddy :)

1 year ago

Im also graduating HS this year! cheers to you and I'd like a copy of elden ring :)

1 year ago

Sure, thank you for joining! :)
How is it going so far?

1 year ago

hey! I eventually got Elden ring for myself last Christmas. I hope you are doing well, I only have a couple more months till I graduate and its been the second American high school I am in (I moved from north Dakota to new jersey this past month). Meeting new people is rough especially for someone who is a senior and most people already know each other. I am planning to pursue computer science for college. I hope you are also doing well in your studies, its cool to me that I am starting college while you are finishing it. As for games to be honest I have not been able to play much because my monitor is partially broken, but what's been on my radar is sons of the forest, my friends back home play it but I couldn't because of difference in time zones. Have a nice day and goodluck!

1 year ago

How is going now mate? Everything's fine? :)

11 months ago

been playing HS varsity tennis for my new school (ranked up from JV all the way to first doubles in one season), its been a blast and I actually made more friends of different ethnicities which is so cool to me, we practice everyday but the matches were really competitive we rarely win. all while studying for my placement exams for college (CS major). Its the home stretch for my only high school year in America 20-ish days. OH on my last comment I had my monitor broken and gigabyte sent me a new one after 1 MONTH. Its been a great conversation over 7 months I am glad you finally get to end the event and accomplished your goals, I hope to achieve mine when the time comes (maybe I might do something like this when my college days will be over).

I really don't have time for multiplayer with my friends back home for Sons of the forest so yet again I am changing my choice to final fantasy 15, last time I played a FF game was the very first time I got into gaming the ps1 playing final fantasy 9 (if u recognize my profile pic vivi)

11 months ago

only if you allow me to change my choice ty :)

11 months ago

I thank you for the kind words! :) I really appreciate them!
Unfortunately, the winner has been already selected :( So I don't know if the change does matter anymore :D
Anyway, I wish you the best for your future buddy :)

11 months ago

No worries, Congratulations again and good luck on your next journey!

10 months ago

I know I've read this a few times over the years and voted, but don't think I've commented.
Although it's taken you a little longer than you may have anticipated, you're almost there. Good luck with the remaining exams.

I've had experience studying a Masters degree, in person, n a subject I was interested in. As well as studying a Masters online in a subject related to my work but which I had little interest in. Tough at times, but I'm glad I have them under my belt and can fall back on them if I need to.

I tend to buy games I'm really interested in rather than try to win them but I'll say Grounded for now and update later, I guess!

Edit 3/23: I bought My original pick, so my new choice is - Dinkum :)

1 year ago*

Yeah, actually I feel a bit bad if I think again about the "little" delay I am having... However I don't want to cry on myself and I would try to pass over, hoping that it will not be an issue when I'll look for a job
Anyway, thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Well, we don't know each other, but I'm so glad you're getting so close to a milestone in your life.
As an advice, if you allow me, enjoy your last moments there, you will often reminisce about them. You will have time to think about your future. :)

1 year ago

I'll for sure let you all know when I will be able to compare uni life with real job :D but till now, I just want to finish it!
Feel free to select a game and enter the GA!

1 year ago

I like your energy and positivity! If possible, I would like to choose Factorio.

1 year ago

Sure, your pick has been noted down :)

11 months ago

87/120 ECTs already! Steady as it goes.... and great progress in difficult times with Corona and all that. I can imagine lots of students got demotivated in the past years, so props to you for still going strong!

As for my entry; I'd like Red Dead Redemption 2. Hopefully this 2019 game is heavily discounted by the time you graduate! :D

Good luck!

1 year ago

You should definitely check the updates! I have been able to finish them in the 5 months of silence :D
Thank you for joining! :)

1 year ago

so only your thesis left now? so close now, so close... :) Have you already chosen a good thesis topic?

1 year ago

It was only the thesis left :D sorry but I disappeared as always :D

11 months ago

You're done? Awesome! Congratulations! We never doubted you of course! :)

11 months ago

Yes, I am done! :D It was a long and hard journey, but we did it :)

11 months ago

Bene! Good luck with your last exam and the thesis! 👨‍🎓
Hitman 3 would be my pick 🙃

1 year ago

Appreciated! And thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Congrats on getting so far in your studies!

Honestly I dont remember if I entered this 2 years ago... if I have please discard my previous entry.

I'd like to enter fro Disco Elysium please. Thanks and best wishes to you!

EDIT: If possible I would like to change my entry to Road 96 please.

Congrats on finishing!

1 year ago*

I will take a deeper look as soon as I have a free afternoon to scan all the entries...I will probably create a spreadsheet in which you can check your status :)

1 year ago

Sounds good! Best wishes to you and congrats on your success with your studies :)

1 year ago

It's done ;)

11 months ago

Interesting thread! Keep up the hard work!

I'd like Cyberpunk 2077 or Iconoclasts. (I may buy one of them soon)

Good luck with your learning & studies.

1 year ago

Well, have you bought it in the past 5 months? :D

1 year ago

No, I haven't bought any of them. I have bought other games in bundles and some games directly from Steam but none of these two. I have been playing to some of my backlog games too.

I see your studying progression is going nicely, but, I wanted to ask... How are you doing? (Personal / Academic)

1 year ago

I finally bought and played Iconoclasts. I enjoyed the main campaign, I still have some secret bosses to defeat. The game may have some flaws, but aesthetically speaking, it is a nice work in my opinion.

11 months ago

Sorry for the late response, I hope you have been able to check the thread :) I am dooooone! :D

11 months ago

Congrats!!!

11 months ago

Thank you so much! :)

11 months ago

Good luck on your last exam, wish you the best! I'd like Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Good luck with the last exam!
After 2 years, i'd like to change my choice to Red Dead Redemption 2 :)

1 year ago

It was a tough one, but it's an old story now :)

1 year ago

Well done :D

1 year ago

Thank you for your support :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your graduation!
I would pick HITMAN 3 Deluxe Edition Sniper Elite 5 Deluxe.
Thanks!

1 year ago*

1 year ago

Good luck with graduation :).

I Like Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.

1 year ago

1 year ago

:)

1 year ago

I would pick Baldur's Gate 3
Thanks for the opportunity and good luck with your studies! :)

1 year ago

You are welcome! And thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your studies and I hope you will graduate! :D
I would pick Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Super Chaotic Edition

1 year ago

Now it is a matter of weeks :) Thank you for joining! :)

1 year ago

One last exam, woohoo!
I would choose Factorio to make my brains work a bit as well

1 year ago

And now 0! :D

1 year ago

Good luck with your graduation!
My game would be Baldur's Gate 3.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Ive been occasionally seeing this thread pop up for what feels like a long time now. Good luck!
if i won, i'd love Marvels spiderman remastered

1 year ago

Well, I used to follow the following path:
update -> disappear for months -> update -> disappear for months -> ...

It was pretty common that someone received the answer for his/her comment after ages :D

1 year ago

First of all, I wish you the best and good luck! You got this and I believe in you :)

Then, I believe the game of my Dreams would be "Stray" on Steam.

1 year ago

Really appreciated!

I played it (as a true cat lover) and I really enjoyed the story...however, I am a bit emotional while talking about animals soooo
I will not make any spoilers about the game, but it is worth it!

1 year ago

Hi! How did it go? I hope everything went smooth and well. You deserve a little break after all this hard work..

1 year ago

Finally graduated in April, and took some time off to look for a job :)

11 months ago

Congratulations!! Really proud of you and am genuinely happy for you to have managed this much. I hope everything else will go smoothly for you as well.

11 months ago

I thank you so much for your words, and of course I wish you the best too :)

11 months ago

Best of luck! Glad to see your progress! My selection is Last of Us part I =)

1 year ago*

Thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your exams and the thesis!
I'd like Persona 4 Golden

1 year ago

Thank you for joining us! :)

1 year ago

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get your graduation ;)
For the game you can pick any game on my top 30 wishlisted

1 year ago

Don't you have a favorite one? :)

1 year ago

Maybe the new Resident Evil 4 (2nd game on my wishlist)

1 year ago

first time seeing this thread, im amazed, good luck!
I'd like Yakuza: Like a Dragon, never played a yakuza game

1 year ago

If you're interested in the series then you totally should, it's really good! And yakuza 0 goes for a good price on sales :D

1 year ago

Thank you for the kind words, and welcome to the GA! :)

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.