Why get an xbox 360. It's right that the xbox is cheaper then a ps3. but when it comes to online gaming, then you have to pay for xbox live gold. so in the long run. is it not better to buy a ps3?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Quite frank, both suck for their own reasons, but I do prefer Ps3, especially since it's free online, not to mention, I've I was to "Subscribe" - I also get entitled to discounts on range of games (Refering to PS Plus) - So, in the long run, Ps3 wins in my book.

1 decade ago

It's better to buy a PC.

/thread

1 decade ago

If you are short on money i would go for PS3, even tough the console itself is a bit more expansive PS+ (if you ll get it, and you should :D) will save you a lot of money (its about 50€ / year and you get new games every month, thats a price of one game). And if you dont have problem with money, you can get both :D (But i would still rather go with WiiU then Xbox xD Nintendo rules with its exlusives like Mario)

1 decade ago

A console is just a platform. And all platforms have exclusive titles.
The best thing to do is to get them all and enjoy the games.

@ModifiedBear - I have yet to encounter any problems with Kinect. And it's quite a good tool to code for. And not only games.

1 decade ago

Probably get more bang for your buck on the PS3, especially at this point since console longevity is a non issue with next-gen consoles around the corner. I say this because I feel like the 360 (newer models at least) are probably more reliable in the end... mostly due to the ability to install all games, in full, to the HDD. Less wear and tear on the optical disc drive, which is notoriously flimsy on Sony consoles.

The PS3 has a better variety of exclusives as well. Uncharted, God of War, Little Big Planet, Modnation Racers, Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Infamous, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo, Heavy Rain etc. Hits pretty much every genre, and nails it. The 360 boils down to pretty much nothing but shooters and a stray JRPG/Racing game (Lost Odyssey/Forza)... and that's about it.

However, the real thing to factor into your console purchase... and probably the reason the Xbox has done so well since it had a year head start... is to just get the console that your friends have. Whichever you decide on, you'll have more fun playing the console that you can play with friends.

1 decade ago

Depends on which exclusives you like most. I have a PS3, but even though you have to pay for XBOX Gold, it's a better online experience, at least from what i hear. Even more so in the CoD Franchise.

1 decade ago

I have both consoles. But whatever comparison I draw (apart of PS3 having BLU-RAY) X360 wins.
People usually decide for the console where they have more friends. Otherwise, trying both out would be something wise to do.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Hansern97.